Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
benvandam said:
Ok so from my understanding this is the best plan if action. Please tell me if it makes sense.

In February after making sure it's been over a year we have been together, my girlfriend will go back to the states. From there she will send in all the documents( can she send it to Ottawa as I see it has a shorter processing time for part 2?)

She will remain in the states and began working to save up.
I see that the Ottawa office takes 16 months to process part 2 so we figure for the last 6 months she'll come back here to Montreal with her savings as we wait for her to become a resident.
The only reason to travel to the stars and back or renew her stay here would be if she wanted to remain here while we applied correct?
Am I missing something obvious or does this check out all boxes needed to make this work.
Note that she doesn't have to be outside Canada to have her application processed outside Canada (which for a US citizen means Ottawa!)

Canada doesn't actually keep track of when people leave - only when they enter.

saharyounis

Dec 5, 2014
MilesAway said:
Where are they asking you for the TRV checklist? I have not seen that anywhere.

If you are applying outland, then you should do the meds upfront and submit them with the application.

If you are naturalized, then that should mean you were a PR first, then after 3 years, you applied for citizenship. So how did you obtain your citizenship if you never lived in Canada? If you do not have an option C printout, most people attach a letter explaining why and then include alternate forms of proof, such as employment letters and pay stubs.

thank you for your reply,
I found that they ask for the checklist in the principal applicant guide 3999

"What should I submit with my application?

Make sure you complete the Document Checklist (IMM 5484) and include it with your application forms. Make sure you include all the supporting documents listed on the Document Checklist.

If your family members are also applying for TRVs, you can include your whole family's applications in the same envelope.

If you are a permanent resident and have decided to renounce your permanent resident status, you may include your application to voluntarily renounce permanent resident status (PDF, 654.75 KB) in the same envelope with your application for a TRV."

I obtained my citizenship through my father, we just filled in an application and became citizens right away, but this was 15 years ago.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
saharyounis said:
thank you for your reply,
I found that they ask for the checklist in the principal applicant guide 3999

"What should I submit with my application?

Make sure you complete the Document Checklist (IMM 5484) and include it with your application forms. Make sure you include all the supporting documents listed on the Document Checklist.

If your family members are also applying for TRVs, you can include your whole family's applications in the same envelope.

If you are a permanent resident and have decided to renounce your permanent resident status, you may include your application to voluntarily renounce permanent resident status (PDF, 654.75 KB) in the same envelope with your application for a TRV."

I obtained my citizenship through my father, we just filled in an application and became citizens right away, but this was 15 years ago.
That's if you're applying for a TRV at the same time. We did not include it.

Is your father a citizen? When did he become one? It sounds more like descent rather than naturalization.

saharyounis

Dec 5, 2014
MilesAway said:
That's if you're applying for a TRV at the same time. We did not include it.

Is your father a citizen? When did he become one? It sounds more like descent rather than naturalization.

Thanks :) You are absolutely right, I am a canadian by descent, I was mistaken.
I have one more question, since I just moved to live in canada, in the sponsorship application under sponsor eligibility assessment question 4--> Do you reside in canada and in no other country?
my question is do I answer yes, since I will be residing in canada from now on or should I answer No since I still just recently moved and they wouldnt consider this as exclusively living in canada

saharyounis

Dec 5, 2014
I have two more inquiries,1) since I just decided to come live in canada and I flew in this november, I am still not considered a resident for tax purposes, so should I wait 6 months to become a resident before I send the application? Plz help, I cant find any answers

2) In form IMM1344E, should my husband sign under principal applicant only?

eagerness

Jul 30, 2014
Hi experts and seniors,

I am a June FSW applicant and got PER in late October. I am thinking of getting married in two weeks. Can anyone tell me how long it will take for my spouse to get the whole procedure done if I apply after one and half months for him? I heard that spouse can not go before two years. Is that true?

Another thing, what is their verification procedure for spouses? I will not go through a very gorgeous ceremony. It is just a small occasion and we will live with my parents as I might leave in 6 months for Canada. Wii they look for any common address? My visa office is Singapore.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
saharyounis said:
I have two more inquiries,1) since I just decided to come live in canada and I flew in this november, I am still not considered a resident for tax purposes, so should I wait 6 months to become a resident before I send the application? Plz help, I cant find any answers

2) In form IMM1344E, should my husband sign under principal applicant only?
1. Residency for tax purposes has absolutely nothing to do with actual residency in Canada. There is no need to wait to send your app.

2. Yes.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
computergeek said:
Note that she doesn't have to be outside Canada to have her application processed outside Canada (which for a US citizen means Ottawa!)

Canada doesn't actually keep track of when people leave - only when they enter.
Yes computergeek but the application questions would (if answered truthfully) identify her as overstaying her visitor visa and the question I dont know the answer to would be how this would affect an outland application from inside canada if the person doesn't have legal status.

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Hi!!Just want some help. Im a PR in Canada. Just new here in Canada. Just wondering if my husband can sponsor my mom since i Dont have yet a job here. thanks.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
eagerness said:
I am thinking of getting married in two weeks. Can anyone tell me how long it will take for my spouse to get the whole procedure done if I apply after one and half months for him?
You would need to add your spouse to your FSW app. Post your future queries in the Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration section of the forum.

Mr.marketguy

Dec 11, 2014
Hi, I'm currently sponsoring my wife who is outside Canada. My wife is currently 3 months pregnant and our file is still in Mississauga. Is there a way of obtaining a visa at this point before the child is born? We really want our child born in Canada.

MysticMidnight

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA 27-08-2014
Med's Request
premedical
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-12-2014 COPR recieved: 26-12-2014
LANDED..........
04-1-2015
Mr.marketguy said:
Hi, I'm currently sponsoring my wife who is outside Canada. My wife is currently 3 months pregnant and our file is still in Mississauga. Is there a way of obtaining a visa at this point before the child is born? We really want our child born in Canada.

Whats your timeline look like?
When did you send your paperwork in and where is your wife from?

jesty195

Jul 23, 2013
Hello ate,

Did your friend have an interview for his PR application? We heard of some cases that the person being sponsored have to come back to Manila for an interview and had to wait there until the decision is made.

Me and my husband are preparing documents to apply the spousal sponsorship and we are in dilemma. I am a PR and sponsoring him who is currently as a temporary foreign worker here in Calgary. I will give birth soon in 2 weeks :(

Hope to hear back from you....Salamat po

Dec 10, 2014
hi my plz i need help my wife she wanna pay the cic fees for spo,sorship but she is confuse cuz there like 5 prise all i neeed to know is how much for sponsor fees thanks

jesty195

Jul 23, 2013
w1104 said:
-I applied for an inland sponsorship for my wife. we included a OWP with the spousal application.
-canada post says the application arrived 03 Dec 2014
-Her current work permit expires sometime in January 2015.

It's my understanding that, as long as her employer is willing to continue employing her, she can continue to work for him legally, under implied status ... This will be the case until we receive a decision on our OWP application. Is this correct?

This was my understanding before submitting. So I thought we were done, and now we just wait... but no... she now believes she must maintain her status legally by either getting a visitor visa or another work permit... implied status be damned...

I suppose I should just call a lawyer or the CIC helpline? anyone have any info to help me out here? Who's right here? Where can I find the answers?

Thanks.

As my understanding, she has to maintain her legal status by getting a visitor visa or a new work permit. If she is able to get LMIA approved and apply for the new work permit before her current permit expires with the same employer, she is on implied status.

The processing time for the first stage approval of an inland application now is 16 months... Such a painful wait eh? :(