Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
For sponsoring spouses there is no co-signer needed therefore if you are just sponsoring your husband leave that section blank which I believe its the middle section ..
what I did is ai have signed the forms since I was the 9ne that printed them and after I sent them to my husband to sign. *Plz dont-t forget any signatures and Datess*

zbaby

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO/Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Med's Done....
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-09-2015
valmiri said:
For sponsoring spouses there is no co-signer needed therefore if you are just sponsoring your husband leave that section blank which I believe its the middle section ..
what I did is ai have signed the forms since I was the 9ne that printed them and after I sent them to my husband to sign. *Plz dont-t forget any signatures and Datess*
Thanks Valmiri, your reply helped me greatly. Sure i will re-check all signatures and dates :)

EmiliD.

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
17-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014 ( SA )
File Transfer...
03-12-2014 ( asked Vienna via e-mail )
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-08-2014
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2015
LANDED..........
14-03-2015
zbaby said:
Thanks Valmiri, your reply helped me greatly. Sure i will re-check all signatures and dates :)
When you answer question no.3 with NO( Is there co-signer on this app ) that section will be removed :)

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
Several questions as follows:

Form IMM0008 Generic application form. How many dependents should I put? I am the one being sponsored by spouse and I am not bringing anyone with me.

Form IMM008DEP: Additional Dependents Declaration form: I do not have any children, but my sponsoring spouse has two that he pays support for but live in a different province so he never has them with him. Since they will be my step children, do I list them?

Form IMM5669: Memberships and social organizations question..I don't remember the exact dates and not even the years I was on a Board of Directors for American Heart Association. I have been a member of a running club for years, don't know the year I joined. Was a Board Member of the Women's Crisis Center for less than one term, don't know that year. Was a Notary, does this need to be listed also? And of course, don't know the years.

Co-signer: My spouse is sponsoring me and only me, do either of us count as a co-signer on any forms?

Has anyone paid to search for dates of birth and or death using companies listed on search engines such as Google? I do not know the date of my ex-husbands birthday, have the month and year, not the day of month. Also, siblings and parents dates and locations. If you have used a company, please let me know which one if you had good results.

If my spouse owes money to the Revenue service from prior and current year, will he still be able to get the Form C and does it matter that he owes this money?

Thanks everyone!

benvandam

Dec 9, 2014
Hello I'm so thankful that I found this site as I'm at a total loss.

I met my girlfriend in 2012 ( she's american). We met here in Montreal.
She went back to the states soon after and we began a long distance relationship. I visited her in the states for 3 months in 2012 and she spent 3 months here during the summer of 2013.

As of December 2013 we took our relationship further and moved in together here in Montreal.
We have rented a home together from then on and she stayed here till April when she went back home for 40 days. In May I went to visit her in the states and we came back to Canada together in mid May.
We've been living here without interruption since then. Now being 1 year later we believed we were comon law partners and I called in today to begin the process of having her become a permanent resident.

This is where my horror began: the agent on the phone informed me that when we landed the border should have informed her that she could only stay here for 6 months and that if she wanted to stay more she would need to have asked for an extension. She went on to say that my girlfriend Is currently considered an illegal immigrant. I am now assuming that we cannot file the paperwork, but would like to know what my next possible step is?

Should we go back to the states and once there request a 6 month trp from canada, come back here and after 6 months ask for a extension. Then once that has been done send in the application?
Should she go back to the stars and file all the paperwork from there since our lease can show her here for 1 year.

Any help at all would help me tremendously.
Thank you

saharyounis

Dec 5, 2014
Hi everyone, such a great forum and the input from everyone's experience is tremendously helpful and time saving.
I have a few questions
1) in the guide they are requesting to submit an document checklist for TRV, does that mean that we should fill out the TRV application and submit it along with the sponsorship application? if somebody can tell me which checklist did he send along with the principal applicant application, its not clear

2) should we do meds and submit them with the application, or should we wait until we have a file number and CIC request the meds?
my husband has been asking to do the medical examination but they have been telling him that its still early to do them and they will be requested later on during the processing, but i find that its metioned in the checklist,

3) I am a naturalized canadian, so I have never lived or worked in canada, How do I obtain an option c printout? the line is so busy I cant get a hold of anyone to answer me.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
benvandam said:
Hello I'm so thankful that I found this site as I'm at a total loss.

I met my girlfriend in 2012 ( she's american). We met here in Montreal.
She went back to the states soon after and we began a long distance relationship. I visited her in the states for 3 months in 2012 and she spent 3 months here during the summer of 2013.

As of December 2013 we took our relationship further and moved in together here in Montreal.
We have rented a home together from then on and she stayed here till April when she went back home for 40 days. In May I went to visit her in the states and we came back to Canada together in mid May.
We've been living here without interruption since then. Now being 1 year later we believed we were comon law partners and I called in today to begin the process of having her become a permanent resident.

This is where my horror began: the agent on the phone informed me that when we landed the border should have informed her that she could only stay here for 6 months and that if she wanted to stay more she would need to have asked for an extension. She went on to say that my girlfriend Is currently considered an illegal immigrant. I am now assuming that we cannot file the paperwork, but would like to know what my next possible step is?

Should we go back to the states and once there request a 6 month trp from canada, come back here and after 6 months ask for a extension. Then once that has been done send in the application?
Should she go back to the stars and file all the paperwork from there since our lease can show her here for 1 year.

Any help at all would help me tremendously.
Thank you
I'd look at the gap of 40 days carefully to make sure it didn't interrupt your year of living together, but the fact that she's illegally here in Montreal (hello, neighbors!) shouldn't have any effect on whether you two have perfected your common-law status. And I don't think overstaying affects a couple's ability to file an application, either, except that it would be better for her to work out a way to be here legally. You'll get lots of practical (and good) advice about the overstay and how to fix it (probably a day shopping in Plattsburgh is going to be the easiest solution, but I don't know much about that particular issue).

valmiri

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2014
AOR Received.
18/02/2015
File Transfer...
SA 26/02/2015 File trsfd on 08/04/2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12/06/2015
LANDED..........
Soon
zbaby said:
You are so welcome :
GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US

rigmarole9000

Oct 13, 2014
I've spoken to a lawyer and learned that I am not guilty of "reckless driving," meaning I only have charges from 2010 on my record, all of which were dropped, and only one of which I performed community service for. I've mailed in a criminal history request to the FBI, but I've read that the results can take months to deliver. A lot of the "FBI-approved channelers" listed on their website claim they can get the same history within hours or days, and the FBI site says the channelers can deliver an expedited history. Does anyone have advice on this? I'd rather submit our application as soon as it's done, without having to wait months for the FBI.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
rigmarole9000 said:
I've spoken to a lawyer and learned that I am not guilty of "reckless driving," meaning I only have charges from 2010 on my record, all of which were dropped, and only one of which I performed community service for. I've mailed in a criminal history request to the FBI, but I've read that the results can take months to deliver. A lot of the "FBI-approved channelers" listed on their website claim they can get the same history within hours or days, and the FBI site says the channelers can deliver an expedited history. Does anyone have advice on this? I'd rather submit our application as soon as it's done, without having to wait months for the FBI.
Do not go with the channeler. CIC does not accept channeler FBI reports. You must provide CIC with the results of the criminal history request you recieve from the FBI directly.

And yes - we have people here who have gone with channelers and CIC hasn't accepted these reports. So lots of experiences and all bad.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
IvanP said:
I'd look at the gap of 40 days carefully to make sure it didn't interrupt your year of living together, but the fact that she's illegally here in Montreal (hello, neighbors!) shouldn't have any effect on whether you two have perfected your common-law status. And I don't think overstaying affects a couple's ability to file an application, either, except that it would be better for her to work out a way to be here legally. You'll get lots of practical (and good) advice about the overstay and how to fix it (probably a day shopping in Plattsburgh is going to be the easiest solution, but I don't know much about that particular issue).
I'm not sure this is entirely correct. I think the OP has two issues here.
1. The 40 day break - there are differing opinions here about whether that constitutes a break in the 12 months required for common law but ultimately it would be down to the CIC officer to determine. Maybe senior members can wade in here.

2. Her lack of status in Canada. The inland application guidance changed as previously it stated that you did not have to have legal status in order to submit an application but this has now changed and legal status for an inland app is now required. However, normally any US citizen should apply outland but again given she does not have current legal status in Canada it is debatable as to whether she could submit an outland app without restoring her status as a visitor. As Ivan said you could cross the border back to the states and try and re-enter Canada but you run the risk of the CBSA officer issuing you a ban for overstaying (possible but harsh) or alternatively giving you a visitor record for a set period and then advise you to apply for an extension to that visitor status once it expires.

Remember when crossing the border you cannot say you are coming to stay permanently in Canada as you are only a visitor, and that remains until you get your PR.

saharyounis

Dec 5, 2014
Hi everyone, such a great forum and the input from everyone's experience is tremendously helpful and time saving.
I have a few questions
1) in the guide they are requesting to submit an document checklist for TRV, does that mean that we should fill out the TRV application and submit it along with the sponsorship application? if somebody can tell me which checklist did he send along with the principal applicant application, its not clear

2) should we do meds and submit them with the application, or should we wait until we have a file number and CIC request the meds?
my husband has been asking to do the medical examination but they have been telling him that its still early to do them and they will be requested later on during the processing, but i find that its metioned in the checklist,

3) I am a naturalized canadian, so I have never lived or worked in canada, How do I obtain an option c printout? the line is so busy I cant get a hold of anyone to answer me.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
brucem said:
I'm not sure this is entirely correct. I think the OP has two issues here.
1. The 40 day break - there are differing opinions here about whether that constitutes a break in the 12 months required for common law but ultimately it would be down to the CIC officer to determine. Maybe senior members can wade in here.
I agree with this point, which is why I said: "I'd look at the gap of 40 days carefully to make sure it didn't interrupt your year of living together." If they lived together continuously for the year except for travel when they were a) traveling together or b) she was traveling for work or left for a family emergency, I'd say the 40 days wouldn't matter. The fact that they lived together while one of them had overstayed wouldn't change their marital status.

brucem said:
2. Her lack of status in Canada. The inland application guidance changed as previously it stated that you did not have to have legal status in order to submit an application but this has now changed and legal status for an inland app is now required. However, normally any US citizen should apply outland but again given she does not have current legal status in Canada it is debatable as to whether she could submit an outland app without restoring her status as a visitor. As Ivan said you could cross the border back to the states and try and re-enter Canada but you run the risk of the CBSA officer issuing you a ban for overstaying (possible but harsh) or alternatively giving you a visitor record for a set period and then advise you to apply for an extension to that visitor status once it expires.

Remember when crossing the border you cannot say you are coming to stay permanently in Canada as you are only a visitor, and that remains until you get your PR.
The ban for the overstay is a risk, but I think it's pretty unlikely. This is a very short overstay - we're talking just 7 months: mid-May to mid-December, right, so just one month. Leaving and returning (while you're at it, buy a big TV so they are more interested at the border in what you are importing than in her... that's a joke, though it might work...) would reset the clock and then she could get file for proper extensions when she gets to the end of the 6 months. What she's currently doing here in Montreal could also point to some solutions. Getting enrolled in a few classes could be a way for her to be here legally longer-term, and reduce the number of questions at the border... but I guess for a non-resident taking a few classes would be quite a bit pricier. Francisation classes later will cost next to nothing if she needs them...

MysticMidnight

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
AOR Received.
SA 27-08-2014
Med's Request
premedical
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
02-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 15-12-2014 COPR recieved: 26-12-2014
LANDED..........
04-1-2015
IvanP said:
The ban for the overstay is a risk, but I think it's pretty unlikely. This is a very short overstay - we're talking just 7 months: mid-May to mid-December, right, so just one month. Leaving and returning (while you're at it, buy a big TV so they are more interested at the border in what you are importing than in her... that's a joke, though it might work...) would reset the clock and then she could get file for proper extensions when she gets to the end of the 6 months. What she's currently doing here in Montreal could also point to some solutions. Getting enrolled in a few classes could be a way for her to be here legally longer-term, and reduce the number of questions at the border... but I guess for a non-resident taking a few classes would be quite a bit pricier. Francisation classes later will cost next to nothing if she needs them...
I think (correct me if I'm wrong on this however) that they could file for a Restoration of Status, which would give her status again and would mitigate anything happening since she is within 90 days of having lost her status.
It's kind of pricey, but it could be worth it.

Link in case anyone wants to read up on it: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp