+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

natodincan

Oct 6, 2014
Hello!

This place is amazing, thank-you to everyone for your help!!

Another question, Is an enhanced driver's licence a 'national identity document' ? Is a birth certificate? I am being sponsored by my wife to come to Canada, I have a birth registration from my birth in 1971 but do not have a 'birth certificate'. I used my birth registration to get my passport so I'm assuming its a valid national identity document and we don't need to apply for a certificate to include with app for pr...?

Any thoughts?

Also, on IMM 0008, question 8: "How many family members, including you are in this application?" Is my answer 1?
Only I am immigrating and my wife is sponsoring me. I have a dependent child who is not coming to Canada with me but is included as a dependant on the application. My wife has 2 children of her own.

Final question, I am now visiting with my wife while we await pr status. I will go back to the states to pick up my son couple times a month and come right back. I sometimes stay the night with my parents when I visit but don't want to use their address as my residential address on pr app because technically it is a 'mature adult' condo building and is not my address. If I don't use their address will I be forced to apply inland?

Thanks!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
natodincan said:
Hello!

This place is amazing, thank-you to everyone for your help!!

Another question, Is an enhanced driver's licence a 'national identity document' ? Is a birth certificate? I am being sponsored by my wife to come to Canada, I have a birth registration from my birth in 1971 but do not have a 'birth certificate'. I used my birth registration to get my passport so I'm assuming its a valid national identity document and we don't need to apply for a certificate to include with app for pr...?

Any thoughts?

Also, on IMM 0008, question 8: "How many family members, including you are in this application?" Is my answer 1?
Only I am immigrating and my wife is sponsoring me. I have a dependent child who is not coming to Canada with me but is included as a dependant on the application. My wife has 2 children of her own.

Final question, I am now visiting with my wife while we await pr status. I will go back to the states to pick up my son couple times a month and come right back. I sometimes stay the night with my parents when I visit but don't want to use their address as my residential address on pr app because technically it is a 'mature adult' condo building and is not my address. If I don't use their address will I be forced to apply inland?

Thanks!
Your passport is all you need worry about. A US Citizen has no 'national identity' document. Put your passport number in the required spaces.

Your son, even though not accompanying you will also be included in the application. So your answer would be 2. He will need a medical and police certificates as well even though he is not accompanying you.

You can certainly use your address in Canada and still apply outland. You are not going to be 'forced' to apply inland even if you do 'visit/reside' in Canada currently.

natodincan

Oct 6, 2014
Thank-you Alurra71!

However, I am confused about one part in your answer... I was told my 12 year old son only needed a medical and that because he is a minor he is not required to get a police clearance... Was I mis informed? I am sending my application away after waiting 15 weeks for my own police clearance!!!

(He has completed his medical)

Thanks!
Worried... :eek:

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
natodincan said:
Thank-you Alurra71!

However, I am confused about one part in your answer... I was told my 12 year old son only needed a medical and that because he is a minor he is not required to get a police clearance... Was I mis informed? I am sending my application away after waiting 15 weeks for my own police clearance!!!

(He has completed his medical)

Thanks!
Worried... :eek:
A 12 year old doesn't need a police clearance certificate. Stop worrying...

Thummala

Dec 15, 2014
Hi, i am done with doing my masters and got open work permit for 3 years. Now i am working as a skilled worker for the last 2 months. What are all the documents required for my spouse to come to canada and work there..?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thummala said:
Hi, i am done with doing my masters and got open work permit for 3 years. Now i am working as a skilled worker for the last 2 months. What are all the documents required for my spouse to come to canada and work there..?
Post your question to the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
natodincan said:
Just a thought...If you can visit Canada and apply outland...under what circumstances would one feel the need to apply inland?
There are visa offices with outland processing times that are longer than inland processing times. So that would be one reason.

Darcypura

Mar 27, 2014
my girl friend ( soon to be my wife) is in Canada on visitor visa (she arrive in Sept and has to leave in March), and I am on work permit (CEC application submitted in April 2014)
When my gf applies for a extension, what is the best reason to apply so that it won't get rejected? once my PR is ready I will sponsor her...

Thanks !!

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
computergeek said:
My point was that if she leaves Canada after an overstay, when she attempts to re-enter Canada, they won't know that she overstayed on the previous trip (I'm sure they could find out if they wanted, as they can access US information). But, when she comes back into Canada her status resets: she isn't in an overstay situation.

With respect to the Outland application, while I've always recommended that people stay in status there are a number of people who have reported applying Outland successfully, even though they had overstayed in Canada. I suspect - but do not know for certain - that if a CIC officer figured out there was an overstay it would be an issue. But apparently they don't really look all that closely at that specific issue.

My advice is that when CBSA (or CIC) asks a direct question, you give an honest answer. You don't need to volunteer information and if the CBSA officer looks and sees that the previous entry was 9 months ago, they don't know if it was a 1 day stay, or a 9 month - 1 day stay. From what I can tell, they seldom ask "how long did you stay in Canada on your last visit."
Ah interesting....good to know!

saimsaim123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship add on dependent for paksitan

hi there,
i would like to ask you a quick question i applied for my wife in Dec 2013 and my wife receive a email for medical in december 2014 and my online status is changed file receive into processing. but after my wife medical i add-on 4 months old my baby girl. do you know how long LVO takes to process my baby file and how long will take the whole process now ?
thanks

MapleMountie

Dec 15, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I just had an interesting read on a CBC article today. If you notice there's an UPDATE on the story that states:

-Government to launch one-year pilot program to help spouse sponsorship work permit applicants
-New pilot program would allow applicants to work, provide for family during processing period.
(Can't post link.)

Just wondering if anybody knew more information about this and how to apply for this.

Thanks,
Sam.

Kaur Simmi

Nov 30, 2014
Can someone guesstimate when I will have my passport requested. My husband applied on March 26 and my file was transferred in May to New Delhi. I have not heard anything from anyone since then. All of us are very stressed out. Please help. When can I expect the passport to be requested? or what could be the possible reason for the delay? Please advice asap:'(

Blr

Star Member
Dec 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 November 2014
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17 Jan 2015, SA: 30 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
File received at NDVO: 13 Feb 2015 (Through CaseReviewTeam as no AOR2), IP: 12 Sept 2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2014
Hello,

Please help.

Is it compulsory that the PR Sponsor Spouse (Outland Spousal Visa Sponsorship) needs to be living in Canada until the applicant gets Visa and lands in Canada?

What is the maximum number of vacation days the PR Sponsor spouse can spend in applicant's country during visa processing period?

How many such vacations can be taken in a year?

Please reply.....We are expecting AOR and SA in 15 Days and the PR spouse wants to come to applicant's country after that (planning two vacation trips in the year 2015. 1st in January, just after obtaining AOR and SA. 2nd vacation in September, 2015)

Thanks.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Blr said:
Hello,

Please help.

Is it compulsory that the PR Sponsor Spouse (Outland Spousal Visa Sponsorship) needs to be living in Canada until the applicant gets Visa and lands in Canada?

What is the maximum number of vacation days the PR Sponsor spouse can spend in applicant's country during visa processing period?

How many such vacations can be taken in a year?

Please reply.....We are expecting AOR and SA in 15 Days and the PR spouse wants to come to applicant's country after that (planning two vacation trips in the year 2015. 1st in January, just after obtaining AOR and SA. 2nd vacation in September, 2015)

Thanks.
Yes, it is. There isn't an exact number, however most people recommend keeping the vacations to 3 weeks or less. More than that is unusual for Canadians, and might look as if the sponsor is not residing in Canada. There are some cases on here where the sponsor left Canada for several months (as a PR), and were refused.

Two vacations should be fine, as long as they aren't too long.