File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi guys

I have questions.

My husband received his COPR and the expiration date is 10 April 2015. We are planning to leave for Canada end of March 2015 but my husband needs to go back to England to sort some things out before permanently residing in Scarborough, Ont. Another background: my kids and I are both British and Canadian citizen and hold both passport except for my husband who is a British Citizen.

The questions are: we are planning to book his ticket as a return ticket just in case our house does not get sold by then, and we might have to put it for rent. Would this create a problem for him when he enters Canada and does he need to tell them about his plan in returning so quickly?

Please shed some light.

Thank you.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
qtazngal said:
Hi guys

I have questions.

My husband received his COPR and the expiration date is 10 April 2015. We are planning to leave for Canada end of March 2015 but my husband needs to go back to England to sort some things out before permanently residing in Scarborough, Ont. Another background: my kids and I are both British and Canadian citizen and hold both passport except for my husband who is a British Citizen.

The questions are: we are planning to book his ticket as a return ticket just in case our house does not get sold by then, and we might have to put it for rent. Would this create a problem for him when he enters Canada and does he need to tell them about his plan in returning so quickly?

Please shed some light.

Thank you.
Nope, not a problem. It's common for people to "land" and then leave to finish up loose ends in the country they are leaving before coming back to Canada.

eklabooo

Dec 17, 2014
Hi to ALL,

I am new in this forum and currently have questions about spousal sponsorship. I am currently a Temporary Foreign Worker in Alberta, my work permit is valid until November 2015. I am engaged and planning to marry my fiance (Canadian Citizen) in 2 months through a civil wedding. After that he is planning to sponsor me via Inland Processing since we are already living together and I still have my status in Canada until Nov 2015. But when I read the topics here inland takes awhile to get a PR. My concern are the following:

- can we do inland processing as I still have a work permit good until Nov2015?
- if we get married and do inland processing can we go to the Philippines and get married again? Will it affect the inland process and my status as a Foreign Worker?
- which is the better thing to do? inland or outland despite of my current status in Canada.

Please feel free to reply and I will be waiting for your responses as I am worried what to do by February 2015 once I get married. Thank you!

-Kaye

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
eklabooo said:
Hi to ALL,

I am new in this forum and currently have questions about spousal sponsorship. I am currently a Temporary Foreign Worker in Alberta, my work permit is valid until November 2015. I am engaged and planning to marry my fiance (Canadian Citizen) in 2 months through a civil wedding. After that he is planning to sponsor me via Inland Processing since we are already living together and I still have my status in Canada until Nov 2015. But when I read the topics here inland takes awhile to get a PR. My concern are the following:

- can we do inland processing as I still have a work permit good until Nov2015?
- if we get married and do inland processing can we go to the Philippines and get married again? Will it affect the inland process and my status as a Foreign Worker?
- which is the better thing to do? inland or outland despite of my current status in Canada.

Please feel free to reply and I will be waiting for your responses as I am worried what to do by February 2015 once I get married. Thank you!

-Kaye
Yes, you can do inland processing. I believe you can still apply for an open work permit at the same time as you apply for your family sponsorship so you can continue working (there will be others here who will chime in on how to do that). I don't know whether outland or inland would be better in your situation.

You can have an unofficial wedding ceremony in the Philippines after doing an official civil ceremony in Canada, but you can't actually get married in the Philippines after getting officially married in Canada because both of you would be married, and only single/divorced people can get married. Having a big wedding celebration after your civil ceremony wouldn't affect your status at all. But there's no need to do a civil ceremony in Canada for immigration purposes if you are planning to get married in the Philippines: any legitimate marriage performed in any country will work for sponsorship purposes - it doesn't have to happen in Canada!

eklabooo

Dec 17, 2014
Thank you for your quick response IvanP! :)

Yes we will do civil wedding here in Alberta then maybe just wedding ceremony in the Philippines because my parents are there. I am just worried about losing my status in case I go out of Canada and at least take 2 weeks vacation or a month vacation. :( And also when I apply inland and open work permit is it the same time frame 11months to 16months process still?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eklabooo said:
Thank you for your quick response IvanP! :)

Yes we will do civil wedding here in Alberta then maybe just wedding ceremony in the Philippines because my parents are there. I am just worried about losing my status in case I go out of Canada and at least take 2 weeks vacation or a month vacation. :( And also when I apply inland and open work permit is it the same time frame 11months to 16months process still?
If you leave Canada after submitting an Inland application and are denied re-entry into Canada...your application is worthless, since it requires you to be physically present in Canada. For this reason alone, it may be better to consider an Outland application (which can be submitted from within Canada). Check the processing times on the CIC website, to get an idea of how they compare.

An OWP cannot be submitted with an Outand application, but if the processing times are substantially faster for your visa office, it's worth considering.

FWIW, Inland processing times are getting worse every month.

eklabooo

Dec 17, 2014
Thank you for the reply. How about if I still have a valid work permit until nov2015? Is outland still applicable? Because if I stay in Canada atleast i can help my spouse with finances because i am legally allowed to work having a work permit. Or will i lose my work permit once we apply for inland processing?

eklabooo

Dec 17, 2014
And another question: Is it possible to do outland process while i am working in canada as a temporary foreign worker? Sorry i am just worried and confused with the system in spousal sponsorship

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You can apply outland while in Canada. The inland guide recommends doing exactly that. Applying for PR has no impact on your work permit. However, if you haven't been approved for PR by the time your work permit expires, you will need to change your status to visitor and stop working, unless your employer is willing and able to get an LMIA for you.

eklabooo

Dec 17, 2014
Omg! Thank you so much for all the responses :))) you cleared my confusion. God bless us all and hopefully get a PR soon.
Happy Holidays!!!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
[quote author=IvanP :D :Dlink=topic=46995.msg3844439#msg3844439 date=1418868254]
Nope, not a problem. It's common for people to "land" and then leave to finish up loose ends in the country they are leaving before coming back to

Thank you very much IvanP. I feel much better now.

Krinkle

Jun 17, 2014
Montreality
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 June 2014
AOR Received.
12 August 2014
File Transfer...
12 August 2014
Med's Done....
06 June 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: Dec 05 2014, CoPR received: Dec 16 2014
LANDED..........
Landing: Jan 08 2015 à Montréal
Hi, Forum,

I put this as a new topic in the main board but thought it cldn't hurt to ask here too....

We recently got our CoPR. We are on vacation now so will be landing in Montreal upon our return. We have our CoPR in hand, which lists our CSQ number, but don't have the physical CSQ with us. Does anyone know if this will be an issue/problem?

Thanks.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Krinkle said:
Hi, Forum,

I put this as a new topic in the main board but thought it cldn't hurt to ask here too....

We recently got our CoPR. We are on vacation now so will be landing in Montreal upon our return. We have our CoPR in hand, which lists our CSQ number, but don't have the physical CSQ with us. Does anyone know if this will be an issue/problem?

Thanks.
I don't recall whether we needed it when we landed, and don't have the original handy to check to see whether it got stamped when we landed. We just assumed we needed it and had it with us. Is having it sent to you an option?

Krinkle

Jun 17, 2014
Montreality
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 June 2014
AOR Received.
12 August 2014
File Transfer...
12 August 2014
Med's Done....
06 June 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: Dec 05 2014, CoPR received: Dec 16 2014
LANDED..........
Landing: Jan 08 2015 à Montréal
IvanP said:
I don't recall whether we needed it when we landed, and don't have the original handy to check to see whether it got stamped when we landed. We just assumed we needed it and had it with us. Is having it sent to you an option?
Unfortunately, having it sent isn't an option.

We figured since landing is a federal process, we wouldn't need it. Probably an oversight on our part. We could always just flagpole later since my wife is visa exempt (and has visitor permit extension valid until July 2015 in any case).

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Krinkle said:
Unfortunately, having it sent isn't an option.

We figured since landing is a federal process, we wouldn't need it. Probably an oversight on our part. We could always just flagpole later since my wife is visa exempt (and has visitor permit extension valid until July 2015 in any case).
Yes, flagpoling is a decent option for you if landing without the CSQ doesn't work. My family received COPRs three days after we arrived, so we had to flagpole for our landing.