+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Apr 10, 2014
tink23 said:
I think she might have to wait until after she gives birth to do the medical test, since it involves an X-ray.
the letter she received states she must complete it in 60 days. She called the panel doctor and the embassy and they said they can still do it even on 7 months.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
shevchenkoandrey said:
the letter she received states she must complete it in 60 days. She called the panel doctor and the embassy and they said they can still do it even on 7 months.
Oh, well that's good! I'm not familiar with your visa office though so I'm not sure how long the turn around time is. You might have better luck asking in the Warsaw thread for other people who have experienced this.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Unhappy said:
It's up to your provincial health care. They should have published regs. I take it your wife is here in canada on a TRV ??? In Ontario, a TRV is not sufficient for coverage and we had to have a PR first, but you don't need to wait until you get the PR Card in the mail, as long as you get the paper notice of PR in the mail. I'm going to assume it's the same in Alberta but you guys got oil, we don't. Maybe they are more generous there. In any event, call Alberta Health for your answer. In the meantime , get Blue Cross or something.
I applied to sponser my spouse with inland application. It will take 12 months to get the application accepted for first stage. So as my spouse living with me and enjoy implied status, my concern is about her health coverage here in Alberta. Because Alberta heath care only covers when you have valid visa and extend up to 90 days. So what about the remaining time frame. Please update me in this regard. Your comments highly appreciated.

I agree with some friends that spouse of citizenship might have Alberta health care coverage but it's not possible for PR residence spouse. I already call them and they made it clear that they can only extend the heath card for 90 days max only, if you already apply for the extension and nothing afterward if your status not decided by CIC.
As per rule you either have study, work, PR or visitor visa to qualify for services. But now best way out is that i have to get some insurance coverage. I already have one but do any one know any insurance policy that covers my spouse pregnancy and physician trips during pregnancy and after ward

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
MizAngel said:
Actually in Alberta, as soon as you marry a Canadian citizen, you're eligible for Alberta health services. My husband had a stamp in his passport (American citizen) and they gave him a health number good for 6 months. We had to renew once he got his visitor record when we had to extend it. I don't have an answer for the OP regarding if his wife has technical status, but calling Alberta Health is the best way to find out.
I applied to sponser my spouse with inland application. It will take 12 months to get the application accepted for first stage. So as my spouse living with me and enjoy implied status, my concern is about her health coverage here in Alberta. Because Alberta heath care only covers when you have valid visa and extend up to 90 days. So what about the remaining time frame. Please update me in this regard. Your comments highly appreciated.

I agree with some friends that spouse of citizenship might have Alberta health care coverage but it's not possible for PR residence spouse. I already call them and they made it clear that they can only extend the heath card for 90 days max only, if you already apply for the extension and nothing afterward if your status not decided by CIC.
As per rule you either have study, work, PR or visitor visa to qualify for services. But now best way out is that i have to get some insurance coverage. I already have one but do any one know any insurance policy that covers my spouse pregnancy and physician trips during pregnancy and after ward

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
amjad3126 said:
I am in the same boat, which insurance covers my sposuse pregnancy and physcian related fees
You will have to do some research. I am not very familiar with private insurances. That being said, I think you might be hard pressed to find a private insurance tha will cover pregnancy and birth costs.

drmunir

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
drmunir said:
plz advise. My daughter in law received email for remed 8 days ago with e med form IMM 1017.She didn't receive medical request for her daughter, 18 monthes,whose name had been added at its birth & we have reply email from Ottawa confirming its addition. When my daughter contacted panel physician,assistant advised to bring the dependent alongwith for medical. What to do? She sent a mail to London requested dependent med (with proof of ottawa email) 5 days ago,still no reply from London. PLZ advise .thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
amjad3126 said:
I am in the same boat, which insurance covers my sposuse pregnancy and physcian related fees
No insurance plan will cover regular physician visits or the costs of delivery.

Some private insurance companies may cover emergencies that happen due to the pregnancy, but only up to so many months of the pregnancy.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Rob_TO said:
No insurance plan will cover regular physician visits or the costs of delivery.

Some private insurance companies may cover emergencies that happen due to the pregnancy, but only up to so many months of the pregnancy.
What the average expense for the visit to physician or child birth if not covered by insurance. I have plan that cover the test and medicine only. Any rough estimate for the expense i have to bear, thanks

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
amjad3126 said:
What the average expense for the visit to physician or child birth if not covered by insurance. I have plan that cover the test and medicine only. Any rough estimate for the expense i have to bear, thanks
I've heard that a pregnancy, out of pocket here, will cost about $10,000, if it is a regular pregnancy without any issues.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
amjad3126 said:
I have no idea what the costs are to visit an obstetrician. I imagine in the $150 range per visit but that is just a guess.

The biggest cost is for the actual delivery at the hospital. I'd heard for very simple/easy births the low price is around $3-$4K, and if any complications arise such as needing c-section or additional nights stay, then cost can climb over $10K.

kamila_26H

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Alberta
Hello everyone,

On my marriage certificate mistakenly my birthplace says Afghanistan but I was born in Pakistan. I am really worried that they might refuse my application because of this Sad. I did send in a photocopy of my Canadian Passport which shows my correct birthplace.

Any help is appreciated

Zimmi

Sep 4, 2014
I am really fed up with CIC. I just wanted to share my experience with Immigration Canada and acknowledge all of you to increase the pressure to CIC.

These are my facts:
App Type: Inland Sponsorship
App Date: Oct. 23rd 2013 (received by CIC)
AOR: must have been in February 2014 (CIC can't even put a date on their letters?)

I am currently on a study visa, which is set to expire by July 2015. My wife is Canadian and she sponsored me for PR. The way the processing is going, I will probably have to get an extension as I am very doubtful that CIC will have done anything on my application by that time.

I called CIC last week to obtain information about the processing times, and I wanted to know what actually is going on at CIC. As I am sure you are all aware, processing is basically stalled for the past 6 months. When pressing the Call Centre Agent for some information, I got the feeling that he is witholding some important information. Something strange must be going on, that we all don't know about. I mean, seriously, no matter how slow and with how little staff you process applications, the processing would still move - but its not. I get a feeling that they have the orders to not process any spousal sponsorship applications.
I asked the agent how many applications they received last year between July and October, so that I could perhaps "calculate" the processing time on my own. Apparently, CIC has no clue how many applications for Sponsorship got received last year.
How can this be? Immigration Canada does not keep any track of their applications? I can't believe that a federal ministry does not know the most basic tasks of bookkeeping and administration. Either he is simply lying to me, or CIC is really such a chaotic club. It is a shame how our application dollars and Canadian taxpayers money gets wasted for this Ministry.

My wife and I are now trying to get our local MP to inquire at CIC. I highly recommend you to do the same. Google your local MP and contact them explaining your situation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC certainly knows how many applications are received each year.

Call centre agents don't have access to this information. The agents are only equipped to answer the most basic question (and even then, not that well equipped). The agent didn't know the answers to your question and was just trying to cover up.