+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
micmac101 said:
I would like to know how all of you would feel receiving a letter like this:

They requested my husbands Pass Port which they have had since July 07/14. They said all is ready to issue Visa.

Then Thursday after finding a site through their network for personal inquiry on our case we received a letter that it appears that it will take another few months to finish our case.

I hate the darn Canadian System.
They have lied so many times I cannot take it any longer. After receiving GCSM notes last year I sent a letter stating they had not started the Back Ground Check. They replied the next day saying June 24/13 that yes they had.
Then when my husband had his Interview July 07/14 the Visa Officer was shocked to see that it had not been started at all. He then said it could take 2 weeks or 2 months and we would be able to leave Pakistan before my Visa for here Expired which is Sept 09/14.

Please I need feed back in what to do. They have lied to us so many times its unbelievable ... Please help??
It's a common complaint. You're lucky you got some things in writing. I have a hunch....and it's just a hunch, that coming from a hotbed of terrorism means they are going through Pak apps with a fine tooth comb. On the other hand, I applied from the Philippines, for my wife, and had and still often do, get a feeling that we were singled out for some unknown reason. It's the government, it's slow and answers to no one. In fact your MP can't even move them, but they will forward complaints to CIC and "monitor" your app. The only other suggestion, if you have lots of money , is get gouged by a real immigration lawyer, who might make things happen a tiny bit faster and keep them on their toes. I'm just counting the days to the next federal election and it's all I can do.

Unhappy

Mar 29, 2013
Vieronka said:
great thanks a lot...pls my husband citizen currently working in Canada (11 months), we have children, which form is right for sponzor the IMM 1283? our children do not have children so that s the point for this one? or the form IMM 5481? what shall he include to prove his financial suficiency exept employer confirmation?

just to be sure if me as his wife I want to visit him with children do anybody knows the problematic case the CBSA could return us from the border?I am unemployed at the moment taking care of household and children, I am planning to buy the plane ticket after submission of the application, the ticket is going to be for two weeks returned and my husband will guarantee any costs during our stay, we also will have travell insurance...
I was told, in no uncertain terms, by CIC, that if one of the parents of children is Canadian, then the children are "automatically citizens' and THEY WILL NOT GIVE TRV's (Visitor's Visas) to anyone who qualifies for citizenship. For your children, you need to apply for a Canadian Citizenship Card and once that application has been pre-screened and in process, you can apply for emergency Canadian passports for them, but you need to book your travel first and demonstrate a need for the passports for that travel. The problem is, what if something goes wrong and you can't travel on that date ? Make sure you book your travel well off into the future. You too have to get your PRV app submitted right away. Once your husband is approved as sponsor, the first stage, they will likely give you a TRV. It's your TRV you should worry about. The kids should be OK for their passports. Having said that, I was born in Canada and it sounds like your husband was not so please double check your children's right to citizenship. CIC's whole concern about issuing TRV's is that many people come here with a TRV and stay illegally, so applicants have to prove that they either will return before their TRV expires by showing strong ties to their native country (House ownership, children still there, employment etc) or that CIC is so confident that the applicant will be successful in their PR app that there would be no reason for them to live in Canada illegally, since their PRV app is strong.

TJETZ

May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
File Transfer...
09-11-2014
Great post, Does anyone know what the "Permanent resident kit" is??? When checking application status it says "Decision Made" It states ..
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence. Can someone tell em the next process if approved?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
TJETZ said:
Great post, Does anyone know what the "Permanent resident kit" is??? When checking application status it says "Decision Made" It states ..
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence. Can someone tell em the next process if approved?
Have you submitted the sponsorship application?

MizAngel

Star Member
Feb 14, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/02/2014
Doc's Request.
11/03/2014
AOR Received.
23/04/2014
File Transfer...
09/05/2014
Med's Done....
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12/08/2014, CoPR 20/08/2014
LANDED..........
23/08/2014
Unhappy said:
It's up to your provincial health care. They should have published regs. I take it your wife is here in canada on a TRV ??? In Ontario, a TRV is not sufficient for coverage and we had to have a PR first, but you don't need to wait until you get the PR Card in the mail, as long as you get the paper notice of PR in the mail. I'm going to assume it's the same in Alberta but you guys got oil, we don't. Maybe they are more generous there. In any event, call Alberta Health for your answer. In the meantime , get Blue Cross or something.
Actually in Alberta, as soon as you marry a Canadian citizen, you're eligible for Alberta health services. My husband had a stamp in his passport (American citizen) and they gave him a health number good for 6 months. We had to renew once he got his visitor record when we had to extend it. I don't have an answer for the OP regarding if his wife has technical status, but calling Alberta Health is the best way to find out.

Tj777

Nov 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-06-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2014
Unhappy said:
You don't have to do anything except apply and obtain a Social Insurance Number (S.I.N).upon applying, you will be given a temporary number on a paper certificate. Bring all the paperwork, identity documents you can, to the office when you apply.

EVERYONE SHOULD DO THIS THE MOMENT THEY GET A PR !!! It's a VERY critical identity document and will be used all over the place. I also highly recommend you open up a bank account, with just a few dollars and ask for a bank card. You need to build up as much identity documents as possible now. I even got my wife a library card afer first sending her an empty registered letter as proof to the library of residency.
Thanks a lot it was a great help for me. ;)

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
I agree with you that citizenship spouse might have albetta health service but it's not possible for PR residence spouse. I already call them and they made it clear that they can only extend the heath card for 90 days max only, if you already apply for the extention and nothing afterward if your status not decided by CIC. As per rule you either have study, work, PR or visitor visa to qualify for services. But now best wayout is that i have to get sone insurance coverage. I already have one from GSA insurance from University ofvslbeta, any one had any idea if that covers physician fee too.

drmunir

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tj777 said:
Thanks a lot it was a great help for me. ;)
plz advise. My daughter in law received email for remed 8 days ago with e med form IMM 1017.She didn't receive medical request for her daughter, 18 monthes,whose name had been added at its birth & we have reply email from Ottawa confirming its addition. When my daughter contacted panel physician,assistant advised to bring the dependent alongwith for medical. What to do? She sent a mail to London requested dependent med (with proof of ottawa email) 5 days ago,still no reply from London. PLZ advise .thanks

k.hardstaff

Aug 23, 2014
Hey y'all, my wife and I sent our application in on the 4th for inland PR. Please add us (Kyle Hardstaff and Anne Müller) to the excel spreadsheet and wish us luck!

Micha

Sep 7, 2014
Hey, I am a permenant resident and a full time student, I don't work can my husband apply for the open work visa while he is waiting the reply for the permanent resident (he applied for the permanent resident whiteout my sponsorship since I have no income to sponsor him)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Micha said:
Hey, I am a permenant resident and a full time student, I don't work can my husband apply for the open work visa while he is waiting the reply for the permanent resident (he applied for the permanent resident whiteout my sponsorship since I have no income to sponsor him)
You'll have to explain how your husband applied for PR. Through which immigration program?

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Hi guys i need help on a lil matter i applied to cic got my approval letter then Applied for quebec selection which i received 3 days back can anyone tell me what next to do??? They didnt tell me what next to do...

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Hi... I applied for cic git my approval then for quebec selection nd got the certificate for my husband can anyone tell me what next to do plZ

Apr 10, 2014
Good day. I have a quick question for more experienced sponsors. I am sponsoring my wife from Russia, and as many of you know, the visa office was transferred from Moscow to Warsaw. The office has received the application on June 4, and last week they requested medical from my wife. She is 7 months pregnant and maybe that's why they asked her to pass it ASAP. I want to know how much longer will the process take after she passes her medical?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
shevchenkoandrey said:
Good day. I have a quick question for more experienced sponsors. I am sponsoring my wife from Russia, and as many of you know, the visa office was transferred from Moscow to Warsaw. The office has received the application on June 4, and last week they requested medical from my wife. She is 7 months pregnant and maybe that's why they asked her to pass it ASAP. I want to know how much longer will the process take after she passes her medical?
I think she might have to wait until after she gives birth to do the medical test, since it involves an X-ray.