Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Clothilde said:
Now, how can i be considered an outland applicant if I am so obviously staying in Canada?
Because you always can apply for PR via a visa office outside Canada. However, if you are in Canada, you must maintain legal status. If CIC determines you are in Canada without status they can refuse an Outland application (this is not the case for Inland).

Inland is a special process. You only qualify for the exception to the general rule (applying at a visa office outside Canada) if you meet the requirements of the Inland class. That's one of the things that AIP represents: CIC is granting your request to apply from inside Canada, which is not the "normal" process.

Of course, for US applicants your "visa office outside Canada" is in Ottawa. I just consider that proof that Canadians are almost as geographically challenged as Americans...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
rs3710 said:
I got all my medicals and finger prints done from USA but I plan to move back to India while the application will be in process. Can I choose Visa Office as New delhi or it has to be USA as I got all my documents issued from here?
When you obtained your medicals, what office did you tell them you'd be using?

As for the application, you can always choose the visa office of your citizenship. You may choose the visa office of your residency instead if you prefer. So you can choose NDVO as your office. Just be aware that the medical results are transmitted to a regional medical centre for the selected visa office (which is why I asked). It's possible this is changing with the advent of e-medical, but I haven't read anything that clearly says this.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
HELP! We got our application back again! This time it says we need to include a current IMM008, IMM5669 and IMM5406 and it has underlined for all dependent children whether applicable or not. I don't get it. We did these forms. Are we supposed to do one for each child of his even though they are adults with their own lives and are remaining in the USA?? I don't get it! Someone help me figure this out, please!

"you must provide a current and completed generic application form for Canada (IMM0008) information for the principal applicant and all dependants, if applicable, whether accompanying or not refer to cic website at.."

It says the same thing for the other 2 forms as well..

Ok..just noticed the IMM008 we sent in, for some reason the dependent section is not even there! Not even on the pdf fillable for addition of that info. Not sure why! So once we complete a proper IMM008, it's only the applicant for PR who does that, right?

5669 is only done by the applicant, correct? 5406 done by applicant for PR and his 2 kids as well even though they are not moving to Canada?

rs3710

Star Member
May 22, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 : 16-09-2014 , SA : 30-10-2014
File Transfer...
AOR2: 14-11-2014, In Process : 01-07-2015
Med's Request
07-07-2015
Med's Done....
05-07-2014
Passport Req..
07-10-2015
computergeek said:
When you obtained your medicals, what office did you tell them you'd be using?

As for the application, you can always choose the visa office of your citizenship. You may choose the visa office of your residency instead if you prefer. So you can choose NDVO as your office. Just be aware that the medical results are transmitted to a regional medical centre for the selected visa office (which is why I asked). It's possible this is changing with the advent of e-medical, but I haven't read anything that clearly says this.
They just gave me e-medical number and didnt ask which office i will be applying to. They told me medicals will be submitted to CIC.They just told to send that e-medical number along with the application and then CIC can pull my medical records based on it. I am on a temporary study visa in USA so we plan to mail application next month and in December I am leaving USA.I can not re-enter USA on my student visa then so thats y i was wondering if I can select NDVO for my application. Any idea what should i do or whom should i contact to get more information? Thanks!!

Clothilde

Sep 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Because you always can apply for PR via a visa office outside Canada. However, if you are in Canada, you must maintain legal status. If CIC determines you are in Canada without status they can refuse an Outland application (this is not the case for Inland).

Inland is a special process. You only qualify for the exception to the general rule (applying at a visa office outside Canada) if you meet the requirements of the Inland class. That's one of the things that AIP represents: CIC is granting your request to apply from inside Canada, which is not the "normal" process.

Of course, for US applicants your "visa office outside Canada" is in Ottawa. I just consider that proof that Canadians are almost as geographically challenged as Americans...
Thank you so much for clarifying that!

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. I need your help here!
I just became a PR and I want to sponsor my wife-to-be. She applied and granted a visitor visa last August and visited me for 2 months. At that time I was holding a work permit. However, she was questioned when entering the custom for bringing too many luggages with her. She gave the office the invitation letter I wrote and the office called me and asked me our relationship. I told that officer we are friends and the officer said they checked her chat on her phone (do they have the rights to do so?) and they believed we are boyfriend and girlfriend. He then asked me why I was lying to him. I told him I was not lying as buyfriend counts as friend. He said he's going to send her back to her country as they suspected she wouldn't leave Canada once she entered. Anyway, in the end I personally gave the officer my guarantee that she would leave Canada and the officer granted her the access. After 2 months she left Canada, as originally promised. She applied a visitor visa again this June but got rejected. We believe the reason for the rejection is the incident happended at custom last August. She doesn't want to risk it again to apply a visitor's visa. Now I just became a PR. I plan to go home to marry her and sponsor her after. Will these incidents - questioning at custom and rejecting on visitor's visa, impact her application? Do I need to explain the incident at the custom in the letter?
Thanks in advance!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
braveblade said:
Hi everyone. I need your help here!
I just became a PR and I want to sponsor my wife-to-be. She applied and granted a visitor visa last August and visited me for 2 months. At that time I was holding a work permit. However, she was questioned when entering the custom for bringing too many luggages with her. She gave the office the invitation letter I wrote and the office called me and asked me our relationship. I told that officer we are friends and the officer said they checked her chat on her phone (do they have the rights to do so?) and they believed we are boyfriend and girlfriend. He then asked me why I was lying to him. I told him I was not lying as buyfriend counts as friend. He said he's going to send her back to her country as they suspected she wouldn't leave Canada once she entered. Anyway, in the end I personally gave the officer my guarantee that she would leave Canada and the officer granted her the access. After 2 months she left Canada, as originally promised. She applied a visitor visa again this June but got rejected. We believe the reason for the rejection is the incident happended at custom last August. She doesn't want to risk it again to apply a visitor's visa. Now I just became a PR. I plan to go home to marry her and sponsor her after. Will these incidents - questioning at custom and rejecting on visitor's visa, impact her application? Do I need to explain the incident at the custom in the letter?
Thanks in advance!
Well...you are very lucky that the CBSA officer did not refuse her entry into Canada, because you basically lied to him. Being in a relationship (boyfriend/girlfriend, or b/b, g/g) is NOT the same as being just friends. ;)

To answer your question regarding CBSA going through her phone...YES THEY CAN! CBSA has the authority to go through anything and everything...including cell phones, laptops, etc., and there's not much that a person can do to stop them.

The visitor visa rejection will not impact her application, but it's unlikely that she will be allowed to enter Canada until she has been approved and has her CoPR in-hand and is coming to Canada to land as a permanent resident.

So...you will submit the Outland application after you are married and will remain there with her? Or, are you planning to return to Canada while she awaits the decision?

Good luck!

braveblade

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
So...you will submit the Outland application after you are married and will remain there with her? Or, are you planning to return to Canada while she awaits the decision?

Good luck!
Thank you so much for your answer. I will go back to Canada while she awaits the decision. Will the immigration officer see the notes of the incident happened at the custom when they process her application? If he can see the notes, I'm afraid the immigration officer may think we are dishonest because we didn't mention we are boyfriend/girlfriend when she entered canada with a visitor's visa, and then reject the sponsorship application. Will it happen? Thanks again!

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 26, 2014 In Process Aug. 04, 2014 Decision Made Sep. 01, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
Hey guys do you know if CEM lets u know by email or call etc. when they send you back the passport along with visa stamped in it OR DHL delivers it without any notifications, thank you so much

Also guys, if you send in your passport, why does CEm take their sweet time on sending in it back, i mean logically speaking i mean how long does it take to stamp the passport and send it back, i just don't get it why does it take them so freaking long :(

P.S. Sorry agaion to ask you guys i just want some folks here ot shed a light on that issue for me, thank you and God Bless

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
braveblade said:
Thank you so much for your answer. I will go back to Canada while she awaits the decision. Will the immigration officer see the notes of the incident happened at the custom when they process her application? If he can see the notes, I'm afraid the immigration officer may think we are dishonest because we didn't mention we are boyfriend/girlfriend when she entered canada with a visitor's visa, and then reject the sponsorship application. Will it happen? Thanks again!
No. The only thing that would be a problem, is if she is deemed to be inadmissible to Canada...which isn't the case here.

The fact that she left when she was supposed to is a good thing!

Don't worry...you are NOT the first couple to not be 100% truthful at the border...nor, will you be the last!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Ponga said:
Just to note, as the poster is a PR he MUST be in Canada to submit his wife's PR app, and must stay resident here during entire process. Temporary/short vacations to visit his wife during processing would be fine.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
For the IMM 5406; does my husband, who is the one applying for PR, have to fill out a 5406 for my children who are Canadians who would be his step-children by marriage? By the instructions it seems he would not have to, but want to check.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
HI,
I AM A PR IN CANADA, CURRENTLY RESIDING IN ONTARIO.. I APPLIED TO SPONSOR MY WIFE TO COME TO CANADA AS A PR.. SHE IS CURRENTLY RESIDING IN INDIA.. THE MISSISSAUGA OFFICE RECEIVED MY APPLICATION ON MARCH 31, 2014.. AND STARTED WORKING ON THE APPLICATION ON MAY 15, 2014. I JUST RECEIVED A MAIL TODAY ON JULY 15, 2014, STATING THAT THEY HAVE FORWARDED MY APPLICATION TO DELHI CHC, AND THAT I AM AN ELIGIBLE SPONSOR. WHEN I CHECK THE STATUS ONLINE THEY SAY MY WIFE'S PR APPLICATION IS "IN PROCESS".. MEDICAL RECEIVED... I AM PRETTY CONFIDENT, THAT THERE ARE NO MISTAKES WITH THE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED.. AND THERE SHOULD BE NO DOUBT REGARDING OUR RELATIONSHIP (WE BELONG TO SAME ETHNICITY, SIMILAR AGE GROUP etc. AND I HAVE PROVIDED ENOUGH PROOF)..

PLEASE ADVICE ME ON THE TIME FRAME WHICH WE CAN BOTH EXPECT REGARDING MY WIFE GETTING THE PR VISA FROM DELHI... I HAVE CHECKED ONLINE... IT SAYS 13 MONTHS.... BUT I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR ANYONE'S PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.. I HAVE ALSO CHECKED THIS WEBSITE AND OTHER WEBSITES... ALL THE BLOGS ARE USUALLY OUTDATED BY A YEAR OR TWO....

ANY RESPONSE WOULD BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED....

GRATITUDE,
SAMMY

PALAKI

Star Member
Dec 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
File Transfer...
18-12-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
Hi rs3710,
I also have the same case as urs but I was on dependent visa in US...My advice would be to choose NDVO only ,bcoz when ur application will be processed u will be in india not US...why don't u come back to india and then apply with ur medicals done again in india... I don't know if one an change visa office at the time f processing...also how to inform ndvo abt change of country..... try calling cpc-mississauga.... u also need to include ur pcc from india as well....pls consult an immigration lawyer as he can guide u better....

shah0076

Jun 7, 2012
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12,2014
AOR Received.
Aug 11,2014
File Transfer...
Aug 18,2014 turn to " in process" oct 14, 2014
Med's Request
upfront May 01,2014
Med's Done....
Apri 25, 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Oct 14,2014
hey i applied for my wife on may 12 but i asked for additional document request on june 23 which is i forgot to submit along with my file after i email them my file on june 24 after that i didnt get any call yet do you guys know how long it probably take to transfer my wife file to back home when i suppose to get file number please any one had same experience if yes please share with me