+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

mae0718

Apr 21, 2014
tinang2003 said:
Hello it's not a problem sis ...I'm married to a Canadian too last yr April 2013 and got our nso authenticated marriage certificate the next month after our wedding..this is what I did, I talked with the person in charge at the civil registrar working in city hall to forward our marriage contract to nso office..I explained how we need it ASAP the authenticated one for our application....there was a right term used for that I just can't remember it my dear...
I think you are talking about elecronic endorsement. You should request for endorsement before the city registrar submit your marriage contract to NSO. you only need to pay 100php.

mae0718

Apr 21, 2014
dbon said:
Hi,

I have a question about question 1 on form IMM5490 - Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionaire, I'm about to sponsor my wife from Dubai (originally she's from Philippines, she just work in Dubai). My wife and I met when we're both in high school and it was 13 years ago way back in Philippines. We lost contact when my family and I migrated to Canada. After 10 years, we met again and did the long distance relationship for 3 years and now we're married. So now my question, should we put the date that we first met in high school or should we put the date that we first started dating again which is 3 years ago?

My gut feeling is leaning toward the date we first started dating 3 years ago because we really don't have any evidence or proof that we know each other 13 years ago except her parents and siblings. Anyways, we're just confuse which date to put and we just want to answer the question truthfully and honest. Anyways, if you can help us out, much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You need to include that time you first met which was when you were in highschool. Just , mention that you were schoolmates/classmates before but you didnt notice him/her or that you were just friends at that time. To prove that you went to the same highschool, you can give a class picture or maybe both of your diplomas.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
Baby1990 said:
HI Friends,
I am so scared , plz help me.
I do have a question. I got marry in dec 2012 and sponsored my husband in starting 2013 but for some reasons we got separate and I withdraw file within one month and I got my money back too. We both had issues bcz of parents. Our parents are from back old style mentality, they wanted him to get pr on his own basis means mpnp manitoba. But then we start living together after resolving everything after 3 months. Now when he is ready for mpnp, then they are saying I have to sponsor him bcz he already has spouse in Canada. So I would like to know how to deal with these things. If I would sponsor him in may again, there would be any issues or not. I want him to work in Canada as his visa is expiring in June 2014 and he is the only one who earns. I want him to stay here with me. Plz I need some suggestions. No one Visa counselor suggesting anything. Plz help.
Thanks Sad
sorry abt that , if you had gone ahead with your application am sure your husbi would have been pr by now , you shouldn't let parent decide for you sometimes , I think the best thing to do now is sponsore him inland if you want him to be in Canada , there shouldn't be any problem, you just can't send the old forms because cic updated them I think , fill new ones out and start it all again, hopefully you have more proof than before , if your parents doesn't want you to sponsore him then I don't know if any other way he can remain in Canada . Hope you are not on walfare ? Senior members are here so don't be scared :)

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hello ,
I added my spouse to my application in process and paid his fee , Officer asked for his medicals and its all done , my question is how long does it takes usually when they ask you and your spouse to submit passports.

SKRINJAR

Apr 25, 2014
Hay canada !I am canadian citizen living in croatia and married fours years .Soo my qoestion is can I apply sponsorship in Montreal ?I have canadian passports and our kids !can my husband came as a visitor with as and can he get 6 months visa ? :-*

SKRINJAR

Apr 25, 2014
Linda.raftl said:
Hi guys, hope all is well. I have a question please. I am sponsoring my husband so we can live in Montreal. I am already there and I hope he will get his PR very soon because it's hard to be apart like this. I was wondering if he could come to Montreal as a tourist and wait for his PR here. As a tourist he is allowed to stay up to 6 months. Any answer is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
SKRINJAR said:
Hay canada !I am canadian citizen living in croatia and married fours years .Soo my qoestion is can I apply sponsorship in Montreal ?I have canadian passports and our kids !can my husband came as a visitor with as and can he get 6 months visa ? :-*

dc8800

Feb 2, 2011
Hi all. Quick question. Spouse sponsorship inland (Canadian wife sponsoring me).
On the application checklist, regarding the photographs, it says: "Two (2) photos of the applicant and any of his or her dependent children in Canada."

I understand I need to have photos for myself. But since my two boys are Canadian (from their mother) already, do I still need to supply photographs of them? Technically they are my "dependent children in Canada."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dbon

Apr 23, 2014
mae0718 said:
You need to include that time you first met which was when you were in highschool. Just , mention that you were schoolmates/classmates before but you didnt notice him/her or that you were just friends at that time. To prove that you went to the same highschool, you can give a class picture or maybe both of your diplomas.
I forgot to say that we didn't go to same school and we hid our relationship that time as we were too young and was known by couple of people only including her mother and sister. Do you think an affidavit from them can be a valid proof? Does anyone here did it and was considered by CIC?

Appreciate your help :D

tongsi

Apr 25, 2014
Hi,I am a live in caregiver for 2 yrs this month.I am planning to apply for PR and open work permit on June.
I am still single but planning to get married next year around April or May.

Can someone give me details about "getting married while PR is on process?"
I wanted to know how will this affect my application and how can we shorten the time of waiting to be together, I mean the fastest way to get him here in canada.

Thank you. :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tongsi said:
Hi,I am a live in caregiver for 2 yrs this month.I am planning to apply for PR and open work permit on June.
I am still single but planning to get married next year around April or May.

Can someone give me details about "getting married while PR is on process?"
I wanted to know how will this affect my application and how can we shorten the time of waiting to be together, I mean the fastest way to get him here in canada.

Thank you. :)
Once you are in a qualifying relationship (cohabitation for 12 months = common law, marriage = married) then you must add your spouse/partner to your application. This is normally done by updating your application documents to reflect your new spouse/partner and submitting them to the visa office, along with all the supporting documents they will need for your spouse/partner (including evidence of your qualifying relationship - e.g., a copy of your marriage certificate).

Plus the additional fees due, of course.

tongsi

Apr 25, 2014
computergeek said:
Once you are in a qualifying relationship (cohabitation for 12 months = common law, marriage = married) then you must add your spouse/partner to your application. This is normally done by updating your application documents to reflect your new spouse/partner and submitting them to the visa office, along with all the supporting documents they will need for your spouse/partner (including evidence of your qualifying relationship - e.g., a copy of your marriage certificate).

Plus the additional fees due, of course.

>> So uhm,will that affect the normal processing time of my application?i mean with adding him as my spouse?
we're suppose to get our PR at the same time right?if we have a positive result?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tongsi said:
>> So uhm,will that affect the normal processing time of my application?i mean with adding him as my spouse?
we're suppose to get our PR at the same time right?if we have a positive result?
It depends upon where they are in the process. If you get the paperwork in before the visa officer starts reviewing the file it will have minimal impact on processing time. If you submit the paperwork at the point you get the PPR, it will add ~6 months onto the process.

Just keep in mind: once you are in a qualifying relationship (married or common-law) you must add your partner to the application. Otherwise, your COPR will show you as single and you will be barred from sponsoring in the future - that makes your life much more difficult!

tongsi

Apr 25, 2014
Hmm..ok thanks for that info and reminder. :)
Another thing..PR processing time is now 39 months right..does my 2 years stay as LCP counted?or 39 months begins at the date they received my application?that's like another 3 years.. :(