Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tongsi said:
Hmm..ok thanks for that info and reminder. :)
Another thing..PR processing time is now 39 months right..does my 2 years stay as LCP counted?or 39 months begins at the date they received my application?that's like another 3 years.. :(
Time is based upon receipt of a complete application by the relevant office. So no, your years qualifying to apply do not count.

I would suggest you look at the real data set (data.gc.ca) because it contains more detailed information (time to process 20, 30, 50, 70 and 80% of applications). A complete and well prepared application without any complications is normally at the 50% figure, not the 80% figure.

habeeb

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all I have a question and would very much appreciate any suggestions. I have read on another thread about ordering CAIPS or GCMS notes thru CIC to find out what steps my application has been thru so far. I have been approved as my husband's sponsor and our file has been transferred to Morocco since early Feb of this year.

What I would like to know is:

1) when is a good time to request these notes, now or should I wait longer
2) how do you order them? I also read there are agencies that will do it but can an individual not do it on their own, and
3) if I make a request do I make it in my name (as the sponsor) or in his name (as the principal applicant)?

Thanks for any replies!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
tongsi said:
Hmm..ok thanks for that info and reminder. :)
Another thing..PR processing time is now 39 months right..does my 2 years stay as LCP counted?or 39 months begins at the date they received my application?that's like another 3 years.. :(
The 39 months starts on the date they receive your application.

CutiePie92

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-07-2014
File Transfer...
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
30-04-2014; remed 24-04-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2015; 02-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2015
LANDED..........
24-07-2015 soon 8)
Hello.

I wonder if it's a problem that i didn't print our photos for proof on photographic paper? I arranged them in word with labels underneath and intend to print them like this. does anyone think it can be a problem?

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
CutiePie92 said:
Hello.

I wonder if it's a problem that i didn't print our photos for proof on photographic paper? I arranged them in word with labels underneath and intend to print them like this. does anyone think it can be a problem?
That's fine I've heard of other ppl doing this too.

sallyhill

Jan 15, 2014
please someone advise me ,i had asked in this forum on the forms i need to fill as the sponsored person ,my husband is canadian and am kenyan ,am i supposed to fill Part 2: Immigration forms Sponsorship of a spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child living outside Canada [IMM 3999] and also part 3 : Information guides Sponsored relatives must follow specific instructions depending on where they live. To find their region. both psrts have the same forms ,which one should i fill ,please help me

PapeCancer

Jul 20, 2012
Hi all,

I am filling out the sponsorship forms. There are few forms requires sponsored person's signature on it. I am just wondering if the sponsored person can enter the digital signature (like signed it on computer) instead of physical signature ( like I have to send out the form, they sign and send back to me ) ?

Thanks in advance

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
PapeCancer said:
Hi all,

I am filling out the sponsorship forms. There are few forms requires sponsored person's signature on it. I am just wondering if the sponsored person can enter the digital signature (like signed it on computer) instead of physical signature ( like I have to send out the form, they sign and send back to me ) ?

Thanks in advance
You are supposed to do ORIGINAL signatures written in pen only. So would need to have applicant sign forms and mail them back to you.
If you have the applicant sign, scan and you just print out the forms, you risk having your entire application returned as incomplete.

PapeCancer

Jul 20, 2012
Rob_TO said:
You are supposed to do ORIGINAL signatures written in pen only. So would need to have applicant sign forms and mail them back to you.
If you have the applicant sign, scan and you just print out the forms, you risk having your entire application returned as incomplete.
As you explained, I understand that we have 2 ways :
1. I send the forms, sponsored person sign, they mail forms back to me.
2. I send the forms, sponsored person sign, they scan to me, I print off forms with their signature.

Does the 2nd way increase the chance of an application returned compared to the first way?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
PapeCancer said:
As you explained, I understand that we have 2 ways :
1. I send the forms, sponsored person sign, they mail forms back to me.
2. I send the forms, sponsored person sign, they scan to me, I print off forms with their signature.

Does the 2nd way increase the chance of an application returned compared to the first way?
Yes, if you don't have original signatures written in pen, you risk having your entire app returned as incomplete.

Tinken

Apr 27, 2014
Hello,
I have just discovered this forum today and thank you all for sharing your experiences and advice given.
I am Canadian and married a British man last fall. We submitted our application for a Spousal Sponsorship Outside Canada December 27th 2013 and the process had been accepted and begun on January 30, 2014. Our application is very straight forward and incredibly thick with photo's, travel documents and all the necessary documents required by Immigration. Everything was complete, minus the Medical as we were instructed to wait for instructions from Canada Immigration on when that was to take place. We received an email mid March requesting a medical completed within 60 days.
He had been here as a "visitor" and living with me for the past two years with about a month break back to the UK every six months as required by the visitors visa. While on this last visit cut short because he was requested to return for a medical which he has completed on April 4th. The medical results have been received is all the information I can get on "status of application" website.
Thankfully, everything I have been reading thus far on this forum have claims that London is very quick to process PR status if it is a straightforward application.

1.What time frame are we looking once the medical and all required documents have been received that he will get notice for his CoPR status?
(weeks? months?)
2.What exactly is involved in that last step?
3.Will he be summoned to hand in his passport in person?
4.Have an interview? If so, what types of questions or documents will he need to present?
5.Are there any more monies that have to be paid to the London Immigration offices for this process?
6.When he returns to Canada, how is it handled in our Customs and Immigration officers? Is there another interview or briefing that takes place?
7.What are some things people may not think of bringing with them when they come to Canada as PR status...things like a World Personal Tax file for example.
(Something that will be requested on Personal Income Taxes the following year by Revenue Canada)

I'd appreciate any advice or personal experiences you can share to give me some insight on when I will see my husband back again?
Contemplating if he should remain in the UK because the process will be quick or return here to Canada until he receives word then go back?

Thank you :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Tinken said:
1.What time frame are we looking once the medical and all required documents have been received that he will get notice for his CoPR status?
(weeks? months?)
2.What exactly is involved in that last step?
3.Will he be summoned to hand in his passport in person?
4.Have an interview? If so, what types of questions or documents will he need to present?
5.Are there any more monies that have to be paid to the London Immigration offices for this process?
6.When he returns to Canada, how is it handled in our Customs and Immigration officers? Is there another interview or briefing that takes place?
7.What are some things people may not think of bringing with them when they come to Canada as PR status...things like a World Personal Tax file for example.
(Something that will be requested on Personal Income Taxes the following year by Revenue Canada)
1 - It's hard to say, as you didn't follow normal processing in your application. You are actually supposed to do medical BEFORE submitting the PR app, so there is no delay. Since they asked you to do medical and gave you 60 days, they may have put a "hold" of 60 days on your entire application. So your app could be delayed at least 2 months over normal processing time.
2 - Last steps are doing background/criminal checks and confirming the relationship is genuine.
3 - Visa exempt applicants don't need to submit passport. Once approved, CIC just mails the COPR landing documents to wherever in the world the applicant is living. So make sure his current address is up to date with the visa office, whether his address happens to be UK or Canada. If he's in Canada when PR is approved and they mail the COPR docs to Canadian address, then you just go to the nearest USA land border to actually "land" as PR.
4 - In vast majority of cases an interview is not required
5 - Did you pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee already? This would be the only fee left if you didn't pay it upfront (which you are supposed to do to again avoid unnecessary delays)
6 - He would just land at any airport if coming in on an international flight, or at land border if already in Canada. It's a 10 minute process where they confirm address in Canada to mail PR card to, and check if he will be importing anything.
7 - Maybe a drivers history if Canadian insurance companies will accept it from the UK?

Tinken

Apr 27, 2014
Thank you so very much Rob. There is a lot of relief in simply waiting for the COPR documents to arrive in the mail.
I am confused about the steps we were told to take initially. Is it possible things have changed slightly recently within Immigration and Citizenship? There was a total revamping of the system and processing in 2012 that suspended all applications for revisement along with that was the IMM 1017 that is no longer done on paper but eMedical instead. This is one of the changes that resulted in 9 months of no activity within Immigration applications.

Based on the application we filled out in Ontario (2013), all forms, documents and initial fee and Criminal check was to be submitted with the initial application in December. This was detailed on the application form Checklist (IMM 5491E) All these were to be submitted first and approved before the second step was to be entertained. We had to wait for a list from Immigration Canada/London of approved doctors to their choosing in order to process the Medical. (We were told that the change was applied because too many applicants were paying for this medical early in the application process only to have their applications denied therefore the money spent for the exam and the strain on the medical system was futile.)
So in mid March the list of approved Medical practitioners and the request for the PR payment came in the form of an email. My husband flew back to the UK the following week with the first available appointment on the 4th. He said the doctor was kind, pleasant and confident there would be no medical concerns with this health. (Xrays and blood work results are carried out same day)
Having said this, I suppose there is no real way of knowing how long it takes from the time the medical report is sent in and reviewed, to when the PR documents are completed and issued.
Thank you for your reply, and great tip about the driving history...I will mention it to him tomorrow.

I will keep you posted once there is a new development for at the very least to offer some idea of timeframes for the next lucky couple!

Kind regards,

chala

Mar 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa - LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
AOR Received.
15-04-2013
File Transfer...
25-04-2013
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2013 ext till 2015
Interview........
Aug 5-2014 passed
Passport Req..
21-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2014
LANDED..........
Dec 8, 2014
Tinken said:
Thank you so very much Rob. There is a lot of relief in simply waiting for the COPR documents to arrive in the mail.
I am confused about the steps we were told to take initially. Is it possible things have changed slightly recently within Immigration and Citizenship? There was a total revamping of the system and processing in 2012 that suspended all applications for revisement along with that was the IMM 1017 that is no longer done on paper but eMedical instead. This is one of the changes that resulted in 9 months of no activity within Immigration applications.

Based on the application we filled out in Ontario (2013), all forms, documents and initial fee and Criminal check was to be submitted with the initial application in December. This was detailed on the application form Checklist (IMM 5491E) All these were to be submitted first and approved before the second step was to be entertained. We had to wait for a list from Immigration Canada/London of approved doctors to their choosing in order to process the Medical. (We were told that the change was applied because too many applicants were paying for this medical early in the application process only to have their applications denied therefore the money spent for the exam and the strain on the medical system was futile.)
So in mid March the list of approved Medical practitioners and the request for the PR payment came in the form of an email. My husband flew back to the UK the following week with the first available appointment on the 4th. He said the doctor was kind, pleasant and confident there would be no medical concerns with this health. (Xrays and blood work results are carried out same day)
Having said this, I suppose there is no real way of knowing how long it takes from the time the medical report is sent in and reviewed, to when the PR documents are completed and issued.
Thank you for your reply, and great tip about the driving history...I will mention it to him tomorrow.

I will keep you posted once there is a new development for at the very least to offer some idea of timeframes for the next lucky couple!

Kind regards,
You could have had your medical exam done in Canada, from the approval list of Canadian physicians, which would have saved you the travel cost of returning to the UK.

Tinken

Apr 27, 2014
Hi Chala,
We did not know that Sponsorship outside Canada would allow for the medical to be done in Canada until Rob and you have pointed it out.
I hope this did not cause too much of a delay in our process...fingers crossed!