waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
JAMO1973 said:
The thing is that we live outside of Canada so it makes sense for us to start the application here but I don't know if we want to wait the supposed 1 and a half years that it might to be approved and then go to Canada. I would like to go back sooner but obviously want to do everything legally as not to have any problems.
Where are you from? Everything i've read on these boards suggest Outland is the way to go, as Inland takes significantly longer. When you apply inland, the applicant can't really leave canada, or there is risk entry will be denied upon the next visit. Also, the processing times found on the websites aren't totally accurate. Depending where you are from, it can be shorter. I would recommend looking for threads about other applicants from your country. There are spreadsheets that track progress, so it can give you a good idea as to what you will be dealing with.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
JAMO1973 said:
If she had a tourist visa would it be legal to stay in Canada while the application is in progress or only until the 6 months is up on the time limited to tourists and then she would have to return to her country?
It would only be legal to stay as long as the visa allows. You can then apply for an extension, but if the application for extension is denied then she will have to leave.

If you are comfortably living outside of Canada right now, I suggest staying where you are and not making arrangements until you are nearer to the end of the process. If you really want to be together the entire time, this is the best option.

Also, the other person is right, posted processing times are often what it can take for worst case scenario situations. You need to find the thread pertaining to the particular visa office you will be applying through and take a look at their spreadsheet. This will give you a better idea of how long it is actually taking to process applications.

For example: I will go through Mexico, processing time on the website says 16 months. If I go to the mexico thread I can see that there are people who applied in Nov/Oct 2013 are already here in Canada, process completed. This is way faster than the posted time shows.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
We are in Mexico too actually.

gloryheart

Feb 24, 2014
BeShoo said:
The application fee is $550 ($75 for sponsor + $475 for applicant). The RPRF is $490 and can be paid online just before the PR is issued if it wasn't paid at the beginning along with the $550.
Thank you!

khaigh21

Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 31, 2013
AOR Received.
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 2013
Passport Req..
April 13, 2014(sent April 30-started Processing May 2)
VISA ISSUED...
May 6, 2014
Hi Good day!

I received an email today coming from the embassy requesting for my passport. There is an attachment in my email Appendix A and B, the appendix B is for the picture requirements. My questions are do i have to put my new pictures together with my passport? if so, how many copies? thanks!

mguzik

Apr 13, 2014
Hi,

I have a question about the spousal sponsorship application. If the spousal sponsorship application is approved then my spouse will be able to apply for an open work permit.But, I want to know in the event that it is denied can my spouse renew his temporary work permit? Is he still able to work ?

Any information would be much appreciated :D :D :

ARAD

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
AOR Received.
july 17 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Dec 21 2014
hi everyone
thank you for the reply,
here is another question. on "Document Checklist for Sponsor-IMM5491" Question 20 says:
"if you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must provide proof that you intend to live in Canada with your spouse..."
Then again the "RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE, ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES" asks almost the same thing from the applicant:
"If your sponsor is not living in Canada, please explain why and when he/she intends to return to reside in Canada once your visa is issued. Please provide as many details as possible."

seems like the same question asked once from sponsor and once from applicant.
can our answer to these two questions be the same?
Should we give the same answer?
is there any difference in these two question?
what i mean is, if i answer this question for the Sponsor Checklist, can i just copy and paste the same answer and attach it to the Questionnaire?

Also, what is the best way to answer this question. what points should i focus on?

Thank you

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
ARAD said:
hi everyone
thank you for the reply,
here is another question. on "Document Checklist for Sponsor-IMM5491" Question 20 says:
"if you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must provide proof that you intend to live in Canada with your spouse..."
Then again the "RESIDENCY QUESTIONNAIRE, ABU DHABI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES" asks almost the same thing from the applicant:
"If your sponsor is not living in Canada, please explain why and when he/she intends to return to reside in Canada once your visa is issued. Please provide as many details as possible."

seems like the same question asked once from sponsor and once from applicant.
can our answer to these two questions be the same?
Should we give the same answer?
is there any difference in these two question?
what i mean is, if i answer this question for the Sponsor Checklist, can i just copy and paste the same answer and attach it to the Questionnaire?

Also, what is the best way to answer this question. what points should i focus on?

Thank you
The document checklist doesn't mean for you to type out a written answer it's only showing you that you need to include proof that the sponsor will return to Canada, so if you have to answer this question specifically for another form then you can just checkmark the document checklist to show that this information is included.

For this question you should write a detailed cover letter explaining why the sponsor is not in Canada and all the details of their plans to move back. However, I should warn you that I don't think just a written explanation will be enough. You will want to include an offer of employment from a Canadian company if you can get one, quotes from moving companies, proof of property ownership in Canada or some sort of rent agreement to show you have somewhere to live, letters from Canadian family members that say that they know about and support that you are moving to Canada. Any of these things and anything else that you can think of that would show your sponsors intent to return to Canada.

ARAD

Star Member
Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
AbuDhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2014
AOR Received.
july 17 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Dec 21 2014
agarand8 said:
The document checklist doesn't mean for you to type out a written answer it's only showing you that you need to include proof that the sponsor will return to Canada, so if you have to answer this question specifically for another form then you can just checkmark the document checklist to show that this information is included.

For this question you should write a detailed cover letter explaining why the sponsor is not in Canada and all the details of their plans to move back. However, I should warn you that I don't think just a written explanation will be enough. You will want to include an offer of employment from a Canadian company if you can get one, quotes from moving companies, proof of property ownership in Canada or some sort of rent agreement to show you have somewhere to live, letters from Canadian family members that say that they know about and support that you are moving to Canada. Any of these things and anything else that you can think of that would show your sponsors intent to return to Canada.
thank you agrand8. you are right, makes sense. not sure how i overlooked that. but a great reply nevertheless. i will keep you posted on my answer to my plans to move back , see what you think.

thank you, here is another one confusing question on the spousal sponsorship Questionnaire IM5540:
I am the sponsor, my wife the applicant.. we both reside in Dubai.

question 15 on IMM5440 says:
#15: are you a naturalized Canadian or permanent resident of Canada?
Answer options : Yes or No
My answer is YEs ( well, first of all we were "Landed Immigrants" and not sure if that is different that PR? but since i am a Canadian citizen by naturalization my answer would be yes)
if YEs: on what date did you become a permanent resident? (so is that the date i entered
Canada? or is that the date my PR papers were issued before i move to Canada? or even the date my citizenship was issued? or the date i was sworn in?)
it gets even trickier on the next question:
"Which Canadian Visa Office issued your immigrant Visa or confirmation of permanent residence?" ( how the heck do i know that? i moved to Canada 18 years ago. How do i even get this information? what Canadian visa offices are there? should i just put like :Toronto? )

Anothe question from "Application to sponsor From IMM1344:
Question 7:
are you a permanent resident or naturalized Canadian citizen... provide the date on which you obtained this status?

well, im a naturalized Canadian and received my citizenship card in 1999. but on my citizenship card, there is no "Day,Month" on the issue date, its just the year. it says : 1999. when filling out this question however, by default they need Day, Month and Year, otherwise the application will not validate.
Anybody else have issues with this?
what should i Do?
Help Please.

Chakravarthy

Jun 2, 2013
hello everyone,

I am from India and i am PR holder in canada, i m married and my wife is pregnant...and she cannot be able to do her full medicals ( except the x-ray,everything is done). I am confused about 2 things.

1. Shall i apply for my wife PR process now as she is pregnant and do the apply the additional family when she delivers for my child.
or
2. shall i wait for a time and do both the wife and child together, after she delivers?

3.How long is the PCC from India is valid till?

please help me out of this situation.

Chakravarthy.

Shining Moon

Star Member
Feb 16, 2014
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 7th, 2014
Doc's Request.
August 28th, 2014
AOR Received.
October 13th,2014
File Transfer...
Sep 30th, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront in Jan,2014
Interview........
In dreams
LANDED..........
Awaiting...
hi

I am in very technical difficulty of the law and I dnt know what to do can anybody please suggest the BEST immigration Lawyer in Calgary/ Edmonton or (if one is super expert then) any where in Canada? I Have already asked my questions in this forum quite before so dnt want to bother everybody again. but any input will be greatly appreciated... thanks a lot

P.S. I am PR holder and want to apply for my wife in India
Sincerely,

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
gettingcrazy said:
Can i ask What is a National Identity Document? as asked in form IMM0008
It depends on where you are from. Some countries don't even have one. Where are you from?

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
Chakravarthy said:
hello everyone,

I am from India and i am PR holder in canada, i m married and my wife is pregnant...and she cannot be able to do her full medicals ( except the x-ray,everything is done). I am confused about 2 things.

1. Shall i apply for my wife PR process now as she is pregnant and do the apply the additional family when she delivers for my child.
or
2. shall i wait for a time and do both the wife and child together, after she delivers?

3.How long is the PCC from India is valid till?

please help me out of this situation.

Chakravarthy.
You can apply for her PR while she is pregnant. She should be able to do an X-ray, only tell the technician that she is pregnant and they will give more protected to the abdomen area. When the baby is born you can write a letter informing CIC of the birth and the addition of a dependant to your application. They will probably want a birth certificate for the child.

I guess what you SHOULD do is a matter of opinion. It depends on how close her due date is in comparison with the New Delhi processing times. If the baby will be born near the end of the processing it could delay the application OR it could be fast tracked so that the baby can be born in Canada. You never know really. If the baby will be born soon then you won't be wasting so much time to wait and have the baby on the application from the get go.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Spousal sponsorship

Can a quebec resident help me on some of my issue please...
I was a quebec resident...and i have been abroad for past few years.... now i am married and i want to sponsor my husband and move back to canada , quebec with him, but i am concern on one matter which is that my family is still filling for my basic tax return... i am not working and i hav declared that but i have not declare that i am abroad,... is that a problem.. plz someone with sum knowledge can help me out i am very tense.. i have everything ready i was about to fille my document and i got concern on this matter