Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Doc123 said:
Can a quebec resident help me on some of my issue please...
I was a quebec resident...and i have been abroad for past few years.... now i am married and i want to sponsor my husband and move back to canada , quebec with him, but i am concern on one matter which is that my family is still filling for my basic tax return... i am not working and i hav declared that but i have not declare that i am abroad,... is that a problem.. plz someone with sum knowledge can help me out i am very tense.. i have everything ready i was about to fille my document and i got concern on this matter
Has your family been filling out your tax return as a single person or as married? Did you change your status with CRA to married shortly after your wedding? And are you getting monthly payments like GST rebate from the CRA, as a single person?

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
Quick question,
when it ask's for the sponsor's photocopy of birth cert, I can give them just that-a photocopy? It doesn't have to be the real copy of it, correct?
Thanks.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Rob_TO said:
Has your family been filling out your tax return as a single person or as married? Did you change your status with CRA to married shortly after your wedding? And are you getting monthly payments like GST rebate from the CRA, as a single person?
I recently got married nd they qwee informed that i was married after 3 month of my marriage. My family filed my tax as single until i was single recwnt taxes will b married status
But my current address is canadian address is that a prob?

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
msbigshot said:
Quick question,
when it ask's for the sponsor's photocopy of birth cert, I can give them just that-a photocopy? It doesn't have to be the real copy of it, correct?
Thanks.
It can be a photocopy. It might have to be certified though, check with the instruction guide.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
msbigshot said:
Quick question,
Thanks.
The way I read it was photocopy of everything except the Option C form, which needs to be the original copy. I did not see anything about needing notarized copies of birth certificates and marriage certificates. I believe it even says this on the checklist.

Chakravarthy

Jun 2, 2013
agarand8 said:
You can apply for her PR while she is pregnant. She should be able to do an X-ray, only tell the technician that she is pregnant and they will give more protected to the abdomen area. When the baby is born you can write a letter informing CIC of the birth and the addition of a dependant to your application. They will probably want a birth certificate for the child.

I guess what you SHOULD do is a matter of opinion. It depends on how close her due date is in comparison with the New Delhi processing times. If the baby will be born near the end of the processing it could delay the application OR it could be fast tracked so that the baby can be born in Canada. You never know really. If the baby will be born soon then you won't be wasting so much time to wait and have the baby on the application from the get go.
Thank you for the quick reply mate....she is due in June 2014. Her gynecologist told no to the x-ray process.

And also what is the validity time for the POLICE CLEARENCE CERTIFICATE?

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Chakravarthy said:
Thank you for the quick reply mate....she is due in June 2014. Her gynecologist told no to the x-ray process.

And also what is the validity time for the POLICE CLEARENCE CERTIFICATE?
It depends. If the police certificate has an expirey date on it, I think they will use that. If it doesn't, then it will only be valid for 3 months after the date it was issued. As long as CIC receives it before it expires they will accept it. They may ask you to redo it later on in the process anyways though.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
agarand8 said:
It depends. If the police certificate has an expirey date on it, I think they will use that. If it doesn't, then it will only be valid for 3 months after the date it was issued. As long as CIC receives it before it expires they will accept it. They may ask you to redo it later on in the process anyways though.
CIC ignore the PCC expiry dates. They must receive them within 3 months of issue and, as far as I am aware, will consider them valid for 1 year from the date of issue.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Doc123 said:
Can a quebec resident help me on some of my issue please...
I was a quebec resident...and i have been abroad for past few years.... now i am married and i want to sponsor my husband and move back to canada , quebec with him, but i am concern on one matter which is that my family is still filling for my basic tax return... i am not working and i hav declared that but i have not declare that i am abroad,... is that a problem.. plz someone with sum knowledge can help me out i am very tense.. i have everything ready i was about to fille my document and i got concern on this matter
Doc123

Ratings: +0

Re: Spousal sponsorship
« Reply #13668 on: April 14, 2014, 01:16:35 pm »
Quote Modify Remove
Quote from: Rob_TO on April 14, 2014, 11:22:33 am

I recently got married nd they been informed that i was married after 3 month of my marriage. My family filed my tax as single until i was single recwnt taxes will b married status

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
rhcohen2014 said:
The way I read it was photocopy of everything except the Option C form, which needs to be the original copy. I did not see anything about needing notarized copies of birth certificates and marriage certificates. I believe it even says this on the checklist.
Thanks for the info, that was my understanding as well. I just know on my document check list as a spouse being sponsored they ask for a notarized copy of the marriage cert ( I believe). Also my next question is it asks what to do if the sponsor is denied, what do most people put here? I assume to withdraw the application as I'm not sure how things would even be able to proceed, but then again I don't want it to come off as we don't care sort of deal. I know I over think these things....lol

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Doc123 said:
I recently got married nd they qwee informed that i was married after 3 month of my marriage. My family filed my tax as single until i was single recwnt taxes will b married status
You need to check if you are a resident or non-resident for tax purposes. If you are a non-resident, you should not be getting any rebates or other payments. It's often good to talk to an accountant about this.

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
Do you travel back and fourth between Canada and your current place of residence abroad? Why are you living abroad? Are you studying? Working? Wanted to be closer to your partner? All of these come into play. It becomes an issue particularily if you live abroad and are earning income but not declaring it in your taxes. It becomes an issue of tax evasion. If you have been declaring your income and assets abroad in your taxes then it becomes much less of an issue. If you do not earn income or have assets outside of Canada then it becomes easier to sort this thing out.

I declared my spousal status after I filed for my 2012-2013 taxes, which makes sense because I was married in June 2013. CRA accepted my declaration of change in marital status and told me that it doesn't matter in terms of my GST or whatever, I wasn't married when I filled in 2012-2013 and my GST etc will be adjusted the following year to reflect my marital change when I declare it on my tax return. So, no need to worry that it took me six months to declare this change so long as it was reflected in my 2013-2014 taxes.

But CRA did advise me to declare my change in status to child benefits, which would be adjusted immediately. When I did that they had to reassess my benefits. In fact, verbal wasn't enough. I had to send them a letter declaring my change and how much my husband earns abroad, which I took my sweet time to do, and then they sent me a letter telling me I owed them like $2000+ unless I declared my husbands income. Anyways, I did send them a letter with the income and within a few months I received payments again adjusted for my husband's added income. So consider whether you receive any other benefits. An accountant would be the best person to chat to before contacting CRA. Also, I am aware of a couple (family friends) whose inland application was held until they sorted out some tax repayment issues. So, that suggests to me that CRA and CIC may work closely together and CIC may look at your tax return for more than just whether or not you've accepted welfare/social assistance, but looking for clues that you didn't pay certain taxes. ....just my thoughts and experiences. I am no expert. Good luck.

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Rob_TO said:
You need to check if you are a resident or non-resident for tax purposes. If you are a non-resident, you should not be getting any rebates or other payments. It's often good to talk to an accountant about this.
Thank for ur reply..

I am moving back and forth from my country md canada the reason y i was abroad was due to my studies nd right after i got married but all this time my status is resident for recent tax CRA knows im married but i am concern if i should change my status to non resident until i move back to canada with my husband i never took any loan or welfare nd i am still not earning.... Ill talk to accountant but wat u all suggest?

Doc123

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Lvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
File Transfer...
July 2014
Passport Req..
Inshallah soon
Doc123 said:
Thank for ur reply..

I am moving back and forth from my country md canada the reason y i was abroad was due to my studies nd right after i got married but all this time my status is resident for recent tax CRA knows im married but i am concern if i should change my status to non resident until i move back to canada with my husband i never took any loan or welfare nd i am still not earning.... Ill talk to accountant but wat u all suggest?
All i get is gst as i file zero eArning .. I dnt receive Ny other benefits

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Hello ,
I am actually new to this forum and I have a problem to share ..
I added my spouse to my currently in process PR application, but i accidently clicked Non Accompanying for my spouse on IMM0008 form . I emailed the officer about that error and asked to amend it , but haven't heard anything back .. Is it still ok to add my spouse as Accompanying or do I have to go through the Sponsorship procedure ?
Please reply me ASAP .. Really worried :(