File Transfer...
07/04/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07/08/ 2014
VISA ISSUED...
19/09/2014
I have already sumitted spouse sponsorship application on March 4, 2014 in mississauga. I submitted 4 passport size photos of my husnad instead of 9. As I see in general asia, need to submit 9 photos. what should I do now? Is it going to be delayed for less photos? please need suggestion

Peaceful

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hi everybody,

I have used this forum while getting my PR, which I got about a month ago. This forum and people are really supportive and informative. I wanna sponsor my girlfriend who is living with me since last month, but we were in a relationship for the last 9 months or so. She has been in Canada for the last 3 years on her student visa. I have a lot of questions to ask:

I see a typical application takes about 16 months to process. As per conditional PR, she needs to live with me for another 2 years after she receives PR. But she has plans to go to States and continue her studies over there. Is there no way she can leave the country even if its for educational purposes?

How does it affect me as a sponsor, will it create any problems if I wanna get OSAP for my further studies or apply for super visa for my parents?

I don't have much info as this is just the beginning of us thinking to apply as a common law, off course after we live-in for one year. Any suggestions or advices would be appreciated.

Please and thanks !

Nina Dennis

Feb 21, 2014
Hi Everybody,....Please does anyone know how long it takes for the visa office in Ghana to return passports? ..And does it matter if my sponsor paid the right of permanent resident fee in two installment? Please i need urgent advise please

MMorgan

Mar 16, 2014
My son is a Canadian citizen who was born and raised in Canada.

He is about to marry his Japanese girlfriend who arrived in Canada on a
working visa in August 7th, 2013 to August 7th, 2014. She has been
working in Toronto since her arrival in Canada last year on a visitor
work visa. They met while she was visiting Toronto about 2+ years
prior to that date. Before her arrival in Canada last year, they had an
on-going relationship sustained by her several visits to Canada.

My son wants to sponsor her (spousal sponsorship). What is the best
course to apply for a sponsorship - Inland or Outland?

Can she visit her parents in Japan if her application for sponsorship
is submitted Inland?
Some literature says that she can't leave the country if the
application was submitted Inland.

Can she come back to Canada for a lengthy visit and work if her
application was submitted Outland? The application must be submitted
in Manila - the Philippines.
What is the best possible solution in their case?

Kristina1987

Mar 14, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi. I'm just new here. I am working here in Vancouver as Live in Caregiver. I just wanted to get an idea.
1. Which is better, to marry my boyfriend first before I apply for PR so we'll together submit the application?
2. OR, I'll wait till I get my PR then We'll get married so I can sponsor him to come here in Canada?

Which is the better and fastest way?
And how many yrs maximum ang processing times?

I hope you can give me advice. Thank you.

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
Kristina1987 said:
Hi. I'm just new here. I am working here in Vancouver as Live in Caregiver. I just wanted to get an idea.
1. Which is better, to marry my boyfriend first before I apply for PR so we'll together submit the application?
2. OR, I'll wait till I get my PR then We'll get married so I can sponsor him to come here in Canada?

Which is the better and fastest way?
And how many yrs maximum ang processing times?

I hope you can give me advice. Thank you.
If you get your PR first and then get married, CIC may question the relationship. It would also take longer as two separate applications. On the other hand if you marry first they may favour your situation. Third option would be to include him as live in partner (common law partner) on your PR application so that they may understand that it has been a longer term relationship. It also depends on your ability to show them it is a genuine relationship. Just some thoughts.
Sponsorship eligibility
In order to sponsor, you must…

be 18 years of age or older,
be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
be sponsoring a member of the family Class,
live in Canada or provide evidence, if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident.
sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities,
sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

Pratap. S

Mar 17, 2014
Awesomeg said:
I don't think that is any need to inform since you are the person being sponsored....
if she were the one being sponsored then it would be important to do.... but you are OK...

Sad that you have to be away from your wife in this important time in her life....
I didn't see that one before now, I just found it. Ah well. Whatever one works best!

Hey how are you? It's a great thing that you started the topic in the new year.
I too have applied for my wife's inland sponsorship. The CPC-V received the application in mid November 2013 and then we received a letter home from CIC in the first week of March staying that our application has been transferred to CPC-Mississauga since that is now the designated processing centre for our application.
Now I'm wondering will my application go right at the bottom or will I get the grace period of my application being submitted in November 2013. I'm also wondering why has our case has been transferred there. My wife's VISIT visa expires in June 2014, so shall I apply for a tourist visa extension or shall I apply for an open work permit and how much time will it take for her first stage approval to come.
The letter also said that CPC-Mississauga may contact us for additional information.My wife's medical has already been done and the report was submitted with the application.
Could you please shed some light on this....thank you!!!

Kristina1987

Mar 14, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eemsley said:
If you get your PR first and then get married, CIC may question the relationship. It would also take longer as two separate applications. On the other hand if you marry first they may favour your situation. Third option would be to include him as live in partner (common law partner) on your PR application so that they may understand that it has been a longer term relationship. It also depends on your ability to show them it is a genuine relationship. Just some thoughts.
Sponsorship eligibility
In order to sponsor, you must...

be 18 years of age or older,
be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
be sponsoring a member of the family Class,
live in Canada or provide evidence, if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident.
sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities,
sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner's basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner's dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.

God bless you Sir. Thank you so much! That clears my issue. :) Another concern, let say we get married, how long will it take to process our application for PR? Here in Canada and in Manila as well?
If you have a link for me to see that would greatly help.. Thanks a lot. :)

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Kristina1987 said:
God bless you Sir. Thank you so much! That clears my issue. :) Another concern, let say we get married, how long will it take to process our application for PR? Here in Canada and in Manila as well?
If you have a link for me to see that would greatly help.. Thanks a lot. :)
Processing times are at about 10 to 12 months for straight forward applications, at the moment.A few applications go much longer.
Link for Manila VO in my signature.

Kristina1987

Mar 14, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Step said:
Processing times are at about 10 to 12 months for straight forward applications, at the moment.A few applications go much longer.
Thank you so much Ma'am! :) Good luck po sa application nyo. :) God bless..

Luckypls

Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
Doc's Request.
AOM and Personal History
AOR Received.
28-04-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014 PLS LORD...
Step said:
When we receive our PPR AND THERE IS REQUEST FOR AOM AND PERSONAL HISTORY, then is our application is still straight forward application or it is incomplete...?, and how many days or months will delay our application...?

hcseeker

Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014
Hi everyone, I read something confusing today that was posted in Jan 2014: "If you apply outland from the US, the processing centre taking on these apps is CPP-Ottawa, and timelines for a straightforward case are 12-15 months. Some get it done in under 12 months."
I read in a few other places outland apps get approved more quickly. But when I look at CIC's link:
cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp it shows a processing time of 22 months in NYC and 26 months in LA. Why would the app be processed in Ottawa instead of the 2 US cities?
Thanks for your help. :)

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
We received ....'s application for permanent residence on May 30, 2013.

We started processing ....'s application on March 12, 2014.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on ....'s application. The office will contact ..... concerning this decision.

My spouse picked up her PR (stamped passport) March 17th. So this is good. As I mentioned on a previous post, we received call from CIM on March 13th telling her to pick it up four days before any change was posted on the site from "Application Received". For those waiting for changes on the CIM "Application Status" from the Manila site actual processing seemed to be quick once the application was looked at but not so with the online site. She is now scheduled to land in Vancouver May 8th. Today they changed the online info to DM. I will check in from time to time. Thanks again for all those members who shared their stories and information.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Luckypls said:
When we receive our PPR AND THERE IS REQUEST FOR AOM AND PERSONAL HISTORY, then is our application is still straight forward application or it is incomplete...?, and how many days or months will delay our application...?
From what I understand when any request is made by CEM a bring forward date is attached.The bring forward date usually will be after the time allowed to send in request. Application will be revisited at the bring forward date.

Luckypls

Mar 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2013
Doc's Request.
AOM and Personal History
AOR Received.
28-04-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
08-05-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
14-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 2014 PLS LORD...
Step said:
From what I understand when any request is made by CEM a bring forward date is attached.The bring forward date usually will be after the time allowed to send in request. Application will be revisited at the bring forward date.
Thank you for the information...,maybe on November 15,2013 they prioritize the Yolanda victim for 3 months,then after 3 months i will wait for 45 days for our bring forward date....