No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Call 03/13: Your visa ready for pickup in Manila Office
LANDED..........
instructed that have to land before 26-05-2014 ticket booked to vancouver May 8
Re: Good news everyone

Today a special day. Woke up in Canada and getting ready for work when Tess, my spouse comes on line to tell me : "Guess what? I got a call from immigration office today in Manila. The officer said "Your PR Visa is ready for pick up." He said, " You will have to leave the Philippines by May26th." He said, You can come to the visa section in Makati Monday morning to pick up your visa." Wow. She was speechless." Now our life begins to fall into place. Thanks to everyone. The strange thing is, and I guess a good sign for everyone on this forum, is that our online information never changed from "application received". We were never asked for our passport. We had recently mailed a copy of Tess's new passport with her married change in status. So the first thing we want to do is share our excitement with everyone on this forum. Thanks for everyone's support. You will be next.

Back on line now after a day of wonder and joy. All those things flying around in my head. Ha so excited. We now need to search for best flight from Manila to Canada for May. Hum! How to prepare for Tess's arrival? Just can't believe everything now happening. Still surprised that nothing shows up on line. I am so used to checking this forum on line each day that I will continue for some time in the future. See u all later.

jolyn

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09 -2014
LANDED..........
5-10-2014

eemsley said:
Today a special day. Woke up in Canada and getting ready for work when Tess, my spouse comes on line to tell me : "Guess what? I got a call from immigration office today in Manila. The officer said "Your PR Visa is ready for pick up." He said, " You will have to leave the Philippines by May26th." He said, You can come to the visa section in Makati Monday morning to pick up your visa." Wow. She was speechless." Now our life begins to fall into place. Thanks to everyone. The strange thing is, and I guess a good sign for everyone on this forum, is that our online information never changed from "application received". We were never asked for our passport. We had recently mailed a copy of Tess's new passport with her married change in status. So the first thing we want to do is share our excitement with everyone on this forum. Thanks for everyone's support. You will be next.
congrats :) happy for you god is good all the time :)

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013

eemsley said:
congrats!!! best of lucks

Outlandish

Dec 31, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad/ New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-28-2012
AOR Received.
01-03-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 IVO/ 06-03-2014 to NDVO
Med's Request
Remeds#1:24-06-2014 #2: 11-12-2015
Med's Done....
Initial:08-28-2012; #1:24-06-2014; #2: 12-12-2015
Interview........
Waived according to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
DM Jan 16, 2016 PPR Mar 08, 2016
LANDED..........
CANNOT WAIT!
scylla said:
You can travel out of Canada immediately. However you will need either your PR card or a travel document to return.
Aha. Thank you

Jp flores

Mar 8, 2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship/family class sponsorship

My husband and i were married for more than 2 years and we have a son.my husband is a filipino-canadian citizen.our son and i were still here in the philippines.he was about to sponsor us so we can be together.i sent him the documents needed for our family class sponsorship application.me and our son had already undergone medical examination and the panel told me they have forwarded the results at the immigration last january.we were so excited and hoping we'd be together soon.last feb. Exactly on valentines day,due to my husband's work..he was so stressed and became so cold to me.like i asked him questions...and we argued like what other couples do.at the end of the day,we were fine and talked about the problem.days passed,he became really cold,and called me and decided to call our marriage off.he doesnt want to talk to me and even ignoring our sons messages and calls.i want to know since we already undergone medical examination how would i know if he filed the application or not.and he never sends us support since the march 1st.and he deactivated the credit card he sent to me last month.hiw woukd i also know where in toronto would i ask if he claimed us as his dependents and if he claimed us as his family.and how about our support since im still studying here in order to prepare myself to work there to start with him as a family.my son and i were so much hurt like we didnt know what happened.we tried calling him at home and even his mom doesnt want to talk to us.please i need help and i want to save my family.ive been staying strong for us.please i need help.i have nowhere to go.

xei

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010

eemsley said:

Back on line now after a day of wonder and joy. All those things flying around in my head. Ha so excited. We now need to search for best flight from Manila to Canada for May. Hum! How to prepare for Tess's arrival? Just can't believe everything now happening. Still surprised that nothing shows up on line. I am so used to checking this forum on line each day that I will continue for some time in the future. See u all later.

Glad to hear. May I ask what you mean about no passport request? Did you just send your passport to the embassy without them asking for it? I'm just confused if you sent your passport before they called you about your visa approved

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

xei said:
Glad to hear. May I ask what you mean about no passport request? Did you just send your passport to the embassy without them asking for it? I'm just confused if you sent your passport before they called you about your visa approved
Actually my spouse got a call from cic officer who told her her PR was ready to pick up and they agreed to currier it to her. Than a few minutes later he called her back and said wait a minute, we don't have your passport. So then he told her if she could bring it in Monday morning to the cic office they could finalize everything right away. Because he had told her the PR has to be used for travel before May 26, we think maybe the PR has been ready a few weeks already. So I think a bit of luck on our part. Tess said the officer was vary pleasant to speak with and seemed to want to do his best to make things happen as quick as possible. What I meant before was we had recently sent an updated photocopy of Tess's new passport because she had just recently changed the status on her passport to reflect her new married name. Sorry for confusing you.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Re: Spousal sponsorship/family class sponsorship

Jp flores said:
My husband and i were married for more than 2 years and we have a son.my husband is a filipino-canadian citizen.our son and i were still here in the philippines.he was about to sponsor us so we can be together.i sent him the documents needed for our family class sponsorship application.me and our son had already undergone medical examination and the panel told me they have forwarded the results at the immigration last january.we were so excited and hoping we'd be together soon.last feb. Exactly on valentines day,due to my husband's work..he was so stressed and became so cold to me.like i asked him questions...and we argued like what other couples do.at the end of the day,we were fine and talked about the problem.days passed,he became really cold,and called me and decided to call our marriage off.he doesnt want to talk to me and even ignoring our sons messages and calls.i want to know since we already undergone medical examinlation how would i know if he filed the application or not.and he never sends us support since the march 1st.and he deactivated the credit card he sent to me last month.hiw woukd i also know where in toronto would i ask if he claimed us as his dependents and if he claimed us as his family.and how about our support since im still studying here in order to prepare myself to work there to start with him as a family.my son and i were so much hurt like we didnt know what happened.we tried calling him at home and even his mom doesnt want to talk to us.please i need help and i want to save my family.ive been staying strong for us.please i need help.i have nowhere to go.
I am so sorry to hear this. It's terrible and unconscionable that he would not at least take responsibility for his son and not want his son to be close to him and finish the immigration process anyway. My only advice as I don't have (thank gods) any personal experience with this is to contact a canadian family law lawyer and see what can be done. Its never easy on a couple to spend so long apart and these marriages make both parties feel vunerable but i think more so the sponsored. I'm so sorry to hear this is happening to you. It may be a stressful time. Perhaps a gentle email urging him to share what's going on. Perhaps he is having financial distress. It's no excuse but a lawyer can help you assess your rights and options in case he is just coldly dropping you and being a "dead beat dad". I wish you all the best. Let me know what happens

andraz

Mar 12, 2014
Hi Everyone!
Is anyone else here expecting contact from Kitchener office after DM? Or has anyone heard from them recently? Any idea how long does it take?

Thanks!

My timeline:

Category: FAM
Visa Office: CPC-V
AOR: 26/04/2013
IP: 13/05/2013
AIP: 27/01/2014
OWP: 31/01/2014
DM: 07/03/2014

___

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
tsm said:
Hi, I have a question. First a bit of background about my application. My wife (Canadian Citizen) is sponsoring me for PR. We applied through the Abu Dhabi office in October 2013. I got Request for Documents and Medical on January 13 2014. No updates since then except for 'Medical results have been received' in ECAS. She is living in UAE with me.

Now for the question. We found out she is pregnant. Baby is due in October. She will be going back to Canada to have the baby. Now I need to know if I have to inform CIC about the pregnancy or not? If yes how? From what I understood from reading the AOR from ADVO is that if the principal applicant is pregnant then CIC needs to be informed. In my case I believe I am the principal applicant not my wife who s the sponsor or am I wrong?
Correct, you would be applicant.
Wife is sponsor.

eemsley

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Richmond BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
28-05-2013
File Transfer...
04-07-2013
Med's Done....
03-25-2013
Interview........
No interview required
Passport Req..
13-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Step said:
Correct, you would be applicant.
Wife is sponsor.
Does it matter: just pass on the information and all will be good.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
eemsley said:
Does it matter: just pass on the information and all will be good.
Only would matter if applicant was the one pregnant, might prolong application due to the fact medical could not be completed. X-rays during pregnancy.

randhawa_a

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Hi guys. I need some information, actualy im living in quebec on student visa and i have valid visa and study permit. In 2013 i got married to citizen in november. Me and my wife applied for in canada spousal sponsorshio. I sent my file on february 3, 2014 to in canada sponsorship office missisuaga. I didnt get any notification from them. My visa will expire on september 30, 2014. Plz give me information in how much time i can get work permit or temporary residency till any decision or pr.
Thanks.

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...

eemsley said:

Congratulations to you.....

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
I don't think that is any need to inform since you are the person being sponsored....
if she were the one being sponsored then it would be important to do.... but you are OK...

Sad that you have to be away from your wife in this important time in her life....