28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
basketballfan said:
After this experience I am concerned that the Pretoria office may request documents from us and that I will not receive the message from my lawyer. Can someone please inform me about how an outbound VISA office will correspond with the applicant (my husband) when that applicant is using a representative? Will Pretoria contact my representative in Canada if they require additional documents? To notify them with the AOR, interviews? Approvals, etc? Are those requests also visible on e-cas? I would I still be able to track progress and be made aware of push requests from Pretoria via e-cas?
CIC will contact your lawyer. There is no guarantee all of these requests will be displayed on e-cas. If you're concerned that your lawyer isn't reliable, then remove him/her as your representative.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Scylla,

Is it possible for the sponsor to inform the visa office that they'd like further correspondence to be sent to their own personal email address instead of the lawyers? Or is that a hassle to be avoided?

Angie

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
b4roness said:
Scylla,

Is it possible for the sponsor to inform the visa office that they'd like further correspondence to be sent to their own personal email address instead of the lawyers? Or is that a hassle to be avoided?

Angie
You can certainly do that by removing your lawyer as your representative. Just contact CIC and tell them that's what you want to do (i.e. remove your lawyer as your representative) and all further correspondence will then be sent to you.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
basketballfan said:
Hi All,

My husband is a Zambian. ........been made.

After this experience I am concerned that the Pretoria office may request documents from us and that I will not receive the message from my lawyer. Can someone please inform me about how an outbound VISA office will correspond with the applicant (my husband) when that applicant is using a representative? Will Pretoria contact my representative in Canada if they require additional documents? To notify them with the AOR, interviews? Approvals, etc? Are those requests also visible on e-cas? I would I still be able to track progress and be made aware of push requests from Pretoria via e-cas?

Much appreciated,
you call the CIC call centre. Most probably your Lawyer put his email and address in the Applicant form IMM008 and all communication is going to your lawyer. You can find it out when you call the call centre and talk your problem and tell them your applicant's changed email and address. You don't need to change your lawyer as Representative as you paid him money and he has to work for you in future.

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Hi

I graduated from a Diploma program June 2013. I am currently working 2 parttime jobs, so I am basically getting fulltime hours. I am 24years old. My boyfriend lives in Srilanka. I am planning to get married Aug 2014 and plan to sponsor him to Canada. I live with my parents. For sponsoring what does it mean to have an assest? It is like having a house? I am planning to buy a house.
Also is there a requirement that he needs to do a english course/canadian /english llanguage requirement course for 2 months in srilanka inorder for sponsorship to be accepted?

Thanks!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Riri said:
My boyfriend lives in Srilanka. I am planning to get married Aug 2014 and plan to sponsor him to Canada. I live with my parents. For sponsoring what does it mean to have an assest? It is like having a house? I am planning to buy a house.
Why do you care about assets? This does not matter whatsoever for a spousal PR application.
All you need to show for financial info when you apply after your marriage, is your Option C printout from CRA, and a letter from your current employer. Sometimes people with low income include a letter from their parents that they will support them financially if needed. Whether you have a house or not is irrelevant.

Also is there a requirement that he needs to do a english course/canadian /english llanguage requirement course for 2 months in srilanka inorder for sponsorship to be accepted?
No, there is absolutely no language requirement for spousal PR application.

Shaw

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2013
AOR Received.
07-01-2014
File Transfer...
11-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st : 12-10-2013, re-medical : Aug 25, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 28,2014 and PP reached at SVO on Aug 28
VISA ISSUED...
7 oct 2014, Visa reached at VFS: 13 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
June, 2015
Riri said:
Hi

I graduated from a Diploma program June 2013. I am currently working 2 parttime jobs, so I am basically getting fulltime hours. I am 24years old. My boyfriend lives in Srilanka. I am planning to get married Aug 2014 and plan to sponsor him to Canada. I live with my parents. For sponsoring what does it mean to have an assest? It is like having a house? I am planning to buy a house.

Thanks!
Go to web-site of CIC and read that.

Regarding financial matter only when you are in welfare other than disability, you will not be allowed to sponsor your spouse.

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
Great, thanks for the feedback!

I would agree that I wouldn't want to remove the lawyer as our representative because he's been rather successful on appeals for others and he is good with complicated cases. I guess the challenge is that my case is not complicated and so he may not be as much on the ball. I will contact CIC on Monday and inquire about this.

Thanks!

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
Actually I have one more question, which is more out of curiosity than anything else.

I sent two police criminal record checks with my application: my husband's Zambian and UK police checks.

Aren't PCC's used to assess the applicant at the second stage only? Also, aren't they going to ask us to send these police certificates again for the second phase in Pretoria given that they're bound to expire by the time that our paperwork is processed? It just seems counter intuitive to have a three month expiry period when the process takes much longer than three months. Or do they offer conditional approval with your current documents.

Anyways, my two cents

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
basketballfan said:
Actually I have one more question, ore out of curiosity than anything else.

I sent two police criminal record checks with my application: my husband's Zambian and UK police checks.

Aren't PCC's used to assess the applicant at the second stage only? Also, aren't they going to ask us to send these police certificates again for the second phase in Pretoria given that they're bound to expire by the time that our paperwork is processed? It just seems counter intuitive to have a three month expiry period when the process takes much longer than three months. Or do they offer conditional approval with your current documents.

Anyways, my two cents
I agree it's confusing. We did the same thing but I think the thing to do is not send the police clearance until asked even though they seem to ask for it to all be sent in upon applying. Just another stupid noon sensical contradictory CIC thing. And yes you will have to send it again along with a remedial if your application has a long processing time which hopefully it won't. It's a pain, but in the grand scheme of things forgiveable as long as you get to be together in the end :)
I think it's how my mum describes having ababy. Once you get the end result you forget all the pain it took you to get there

paquita

Jan 7, 2013
North Bay
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2014
AOR Received.
05-02-2015
File Transfer...
19-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Passport Req..
28-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2016
LANDED..........
06-03-2016
I am curious.. I will soon be sending in our application Commonlaw for PR in the next two weeks once all the T's are crossed and I's dotted.

My question is I know we also need to do request a ARC, does it go at the same time/ At what point to we apply for the Authorization return into Canada? He was deported 2 weeks ago for overstaying. The worse day of our life. Right out of our home they made me take our daughter out of his arms, and they left with him. :(

*please no judgments no questioning why we did not want to be apart.

Just need advice from experienced people.. THANK YOU

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paquita said:
I am curious.. I will soon be sending in our application Commonlaw for PR in the next two weeks once all the T's are crossed and I's dotted.

My question is I know we also need to do request a ARC, does it go at the same time/ At what point to we apply for the Authorization return into Canada? He was deported 2 weeks ago for overstaying. The worse day of our life. Right out of our home they made me take our daughter out of his arms, and they left with him. :(

*please no judgments no questioning why we did not want to be apart.

Just need advice from experienced people.. THANK YOU
So sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

It appears that the ARC will be required before your sponsorship application will be processed:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t96806.0.html

Because of the medical and PCC report(s) limited validity, he may want to start the ARC process first, as it will likely take a fair bit of time.

Perhaps you should contact an immigration lawyer (most offer a free phone consultation). Your situation seems pretty serious and you would benefit from sound advice, more than mere opinions from those of us here.

Good luck!

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
Hello all,

I've been living in Canada with my boyfriend since October 16th, 2013... and with my 6 month status nearing, I was curious as to how we can go about me staying in Canada? I'm reading things about extensions and who qualifies for them... and I'm also reading about things stating that if you're in Canada for 6 months you have to stay out for 6 months? is this really true? Because we've come across so many colorful responses, one of our plans involved us taking a week or so down in New York or Vermont... and then us driving back up into ON hoping to renew my status as a visitor. We're also looking to be common law but the only way that could happen is of we live together consecutively for one year, but we can't do that if my limit is 6 months.

We were in a LDR for nearly three years... California - Ontario... I really can't go through that again. We love each other a lot and can't stand the thought of enduring that again.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KKRSTNA said:
Hello all,

I've been living in Canada with my boyfriend since October 16th, 2013... and with my 6 month status nearing, I was curious as to how we can go about me staying in Canada? I'm reading things about extensions and who qualifies for them... and I'm also reading about things stating that if you're in Canada for 6 months you have to stay out for 6 months? is this really true? Because we've come across so many colorful responses, one of our plans involved us taking a week or so down in New York or Vermont... and then us driving back up into ON hoping to renew my status as a visitor. We're also looking to be common law but the only way that could happen is of we live together consecutively for one year, but we can't do that if my limit is 6 months.

We were in a LDR for nearly three years... California - Ontario... I really can't go through that again. We love each other a lot and can't stand the thought of enduring that again.
Is your ultimate goal to be sponsored by your partner, once you have attained common-law status? If so...

You have a couple of options:

You can apply to extend your visitor status without leaving Canada. This will give you implied status, which allows you to remain in Canada pending a decision on your request. This also allows you to continue cohabitation, towards your Oct 16, 2014 milestone date. Many people have listed the reason for wanting the extension, is to gain common-law status with their partner and to then file a Spousal Sponsorship application.

You can leave Canada and return the very next day; you do not need to be out of the country for 6 months. If you are allowed back into Canada, and you are not given a date to leave, you would then have another 6 months (automatic for those from a visa-exempt country). Traveling together, back into Canada, could raise a red flag. It might be best for you to fly back with a round-trip airline ticket, showing a return date of ~ 6 months away (refundable, of course).

Good luck!

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
Ponga! thank you so much for your information/advice!

"You can apply to extend your visitor status without leaving Canada. This will give you implied status, which allows you to remain in Canada pending a decision on your request. This also allows you to continue cohabitation, towards your Oct 16, 2014 milestone date. Many people have listed the reason for wanting the extension, is to gain common-law status with their partner and to then file a Spousal Sponsorship application."

- On the CIC website, it states that you have to have a reason for wanting to extend your stay and it has several things listed below...including being a spouse to a Canadian citizen... I'm a bit confused because my boyfriend and I technically aren't spouses yet... so how could I go about filling out the application? nor am I going to school or working just yet. Do you know how long implied statuses typically are? If my extension is denied and I'm well pass my due date to leave Canada, will this cause trouble if I try to re-enter again?

If we state that we're looking to become common-law and to then seek sponsorship, should we include things in our application that proves our relationship to be real? just to heighten our chances of being granted the extension?

I'm so sorry about all the questions! I just keep reading different things and being told different things. This whole process is very frustrating but I'm so thankful to you and everyone else on this forum who has helped me.