ifoundlove

Aug 28, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Could someone please clarify? Is an AOR sent out when a file is transferred to the secondary VO (in my case, Singapore)? If so, is the letter sent to the applicant or sponsor?

cloyd

Jan 15, 2014
hi to all!

i need some advise, tips and some additional information regarding the sponsorship of my wife.

here's our story
we just got married last january 8 in Los angeles,california. our relationship is just under a year (10 months) when we decided to get married. will that be a problem? i know her for 9 years,she's my classmate back in my country we used to date each other. and a lot of our friends knows our story. our wedding was very small just her family and my mom who travelled from canada just to attend our wedding. and this summer 2014 we will have a big church wedding in the US. i went to L.A and she visits me here in canada several times in just a year. we travelled a lot together in the states even here in montreal. do you think we have enough to prove our relationship?

now, we decided to live together. she's a (permanent resident) greencard holder she moved to the US last 2011 and she's willing to give up her Permanent resident status in the US just to be with me here in canada. im came to canada 2012 as a PR.

we are now in the process of preparing all the documents for sponsorship. is that an advantage that she's coming from L.A or a greencard holder to speed up the process? how long will it take the whole process?? we are very excited to live together and settle here in canada.

maybe you guys can give me some tips and extra knowledge about the sponsorship process.

Thanks in advance.. :) ;) :D

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-11-2013 (sent January 2 2014, DM January 16 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
Cokolada said:
Hello,
I have some questions if you can help me out with.
My partner is planning to sponsor me once he gets his PR the time he gets it we will be living together for a year and been together two years.But in that one year time frame he has been traveling to India to visit a family for 2 months.Will that affect our application or it has to be 12 months continuously without any traveling?

Thank you!

I'm sure seniors can weigh in, but I don't think the traveling matters if you are living together, you are living together and traveling is just traveling. Just two months sounds fine. It's relevant to know though, as the one year is a requirement of conjugal relationship/common-law partner. Are you planning to get married before or after? Conjugal sponsorship tends to be more difficult than marriage and tends to lean itself to for example, same sex couples who cannot legally marry in the applicants country and have not been successful for trv in Canada, though of course it's an open option for all, it's just more scrutinized as far as my research shows. If it turns out he has time he can add you to his PR application as it will take some time otherwise. Is there a reason you are not getting married now? I'm sorry I feel very invasive of your privacy asking you this. Please feel free to private message if you like, or not, or maybe there is something you misunderstood about the requirements? I don't really have enough info to answer you well.

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
ifoundlove said:
Could someone please clarify? Is an AOR sent out when a file is transferred to the secondary VO (in my case, Singapore)? If so, is the letter sent to the applicant or sponsor?

Yes. In our case, the letter was sent to me (sponsor) and only to me (email), but I was also the designated representative. Later when we received notice to do remedical and redo police check, it was sent to my husband and only my husband (I think that was a mistake) but due to a typo error and the involvement of my MP, it was resent to ask three of us (the the third being my MP, again ask by email). If that helps?

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
ifoundlove said:
BTW my husband is also from Cambodia

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
cloyd said:
hi to all!

i need some advise, tips and some additional information regarding the sponsorship of my wife.

here's our story
we just got married last january 8 in Los angeles,california. our relationship is just under a year (10 months) when we decided to get married. will that be a problem? i know her for 9 years,she's my classmate back in my country we used to date each other. and a lot of our friends knows our story. our wedding was very small just her family and my mom who travelled from canada just to attend our wedding. and this summer 2014 we will have a big church wedding in the US. i went to L.A and she visits me here in canada several times in just a year. we travelled a lot together in the states even here in montreal. do you think we have enough to prove our relationship?

now, we decided to live together. she's a (permanent resident) greencard holder she moved to the US last 2011 and she's willing to give up her Permanent resident status in the US just to be with me here in canada. im came to canada 2012 as a PR.

we are now in the process of preparing all the documents for sponsorship. is that an advantage that she's coming from L.A or a greencard holder to speed up the process? how long will it take the whole process?? we are very excited to live together and settle here in canada.

maybe you guys can give me some tips and extra knowledge about the sponsorship process.

Thanks in advance.. :) ;) :D
I can't say for sure that a green card would help soured up the process though I think it would definitely be a bonus for a trv application to be successful. If she is living in the US can you not try applying through there? That would probably be faster.
As for the rest your relationship and anything you have to prove what you have stated over the years sounds like more than enough evidence and then some

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
computergeek said:
There is a "supplemental information" form where you list non-immigrating family (e.g., spouse/partner, Canadian children, siblings and parents) but you do not list them in the main form (IMM 0008).

The instructions say to send the PCC with your application. If you do not, you'll add a couple months to the processing time.

The fastest processing time is for applications that are 100% complete when submitted. The visa officer picks it up, everything is present, your security check and RCMP check come back clean and all your fees are paid. You get PPR - or perhaps you are one of the lucky few that skips PPR and just finds the COPR in the mailbox.

I've seen this in both inland AND outland applications. Inland folks that submit complete applications often get DM at the same time as AIP (so they have 11 months to DM) and outland folks do as well. It's not guaranteed, but if you don't submit a 100% complete application you have no chance of getting decision made as quickly.
That's a really good point. I don't think anyone would mind the risk of doing it twice and the extra time and expense for that chance, even out of a long wait office

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cloyd said:
As a green card holder, she is visa exempt to Canada for up to 6 months. She can however not officially move until she gets her PR. The advantage of the green card is that she is visa exempt. The advantage of her currently living in the US is that you can apply outland through the US and probably have her PR in 9-10 months. She can still visit you during the processing time.

Another option would be to apply outland through her country of citizenship where the processing times may be longer or shorter (most likely longer) or if she comes to stay with you, you could apply inland but in that case, she needs to stay in Canada throughout the processing time and she will not be able to work until first stage approval which is maybe 11-12 months.

ifoundlove

Aug 28, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toutesweet said:
Yes. In our case, the letter was sent to me (sponsor) and only to me (email), but I was also the designated representative. Later when we received notice to do remedical and redo police check, it was sent to my husband and only my husband (I think that was a mistake) but due to a typo error and the involvement of my MP, it was resent to ask three of us (the the third being my MP, again ask by email). If that helps?
Yes thank you, that helps but now I have a problem .. We looked over my husband's forms and his e-mail wasn't added! I feel pretty stupid for missing that! Will the VO contact me instead?.. Or should I inform them that he does have an e-mail address?

ifoundlove

Aug 28, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toutesweet said:
BTW my husband is also from Cambodia
Great to meet a fellow member sponsoring from Cambodia! Not too many from what I have seen. Congrats on the passport request! So your husband should be landing in the near future yay :)

toutesweet

Sep 1, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2011
Doc's Request.
29-11-2113
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
29-11-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2014
LANDED..........
01-02-2014
ifoundlove said:
Great to meet a fellow member sponsoring from Cambodia! Not too many from what I have seen. Congrats on the passport request! So your husband should be landing in the near future yay :)
Yes thank you I can't wait we're like a horse to the barn, just so hanging on for the passport return with bated breath.
It's no problem just send an email with the file number at the top and UCI which I'm sure they sent you with the sponsor approval. If not yet you should get it soon, to Singapore. Wait a bit if you're not sure it's there yet. Singapore should send you San email when they receive the file. The only thing is, in just not sure if that's standard as I did get my husband to list meas the designated rrepresentative. Perhaps someone else knows? Open question! You could always get him to email the update. The letter they sent us they did the typo on they send by snail mail, and from the ene of November to now, (though they remailed it so it l it's moot) had still not arrived. Snail mail to Cambodia sucks, but, I regret to say, you've got lots of time to fix it

nona_nabil

Jan 15, 2014
Hi
my husband is Canadian by birth and he lived in Egypt from his childhood , we were married from 2 years and have a son (1 years old) and got him a proof of Canadian citizenship, at October 2013 my husband decided to move to Canada to work and live there and to apply for sponsorship for me, he got a temporary work for 3 months and joined a college for an 8 months full time program that will end in august 2014 and applied for study loan and approved,

now his temporary work ended and he still studying in college and search for a new job, he waits for option C paper after one month, he has 1000$ remaining from his savings plus 4000$ dollar from the loan (he will be required to pay for the loan after one year from completing his study and for 10 years later), so if he applied for sponsorship:

1) this loan will make his application rejected?
2) can he apply when he study, with no job?
3) do i need to prepare any papers from my son, other than his passport?
4) after he finish his study, can he visit egypt and return to canada again when he is committed to a study loan?

best regards

Ellasg

Oct 7, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2013
AOR Received.
29-01-2014
File Transfer...
03-02-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-04-2014, DM: 19-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2014
LANDED..........
06-06-2014
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Province or Territory where you want to settle in is relevant to their decision at all? :p

Saied

Star Member
Dec 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December, 2012
AOR Received.
Dec 31, 2012
File Transfer...
March, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
January, 2014; Passport sent on Jan 19, 2014; passport dispatched back from Singapore on Feb 7,2014. eCase status showing "Decision Made" 9/2/14....
VISA ISSUED...
February 5, 2014
LANDED..........
yes and life is beautiful
Hello Guys,

Great News Alhamdulillah. I just received an email from immigration. They asked me to pay the RPRF fees, to do the medical, and send all these documents among with my Passport.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saied said:
Hello Guys,

Great News Alhamdulillah. I just received an email from immigration. They asked me to pay the RPRF fees, to do the medical, and send all these documents among with my Passport.
Congratulation .but why they are asking for a medical do you mean redo your medical?ok i think it is a good news okbalna