Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
florida14 said:
Hi Leon...just been reading the Forum and I have another question....you say we simply download ALL the forms - even the Generic something or other!! so we then answer them on line then print them off - I am right so far? Then any questions where we think they may need further explanation we just add on another piece of paper? Also since jul we have exchanged over 600 e mails - dont think they will want to see EVERYONE OF THEM - will they - I will happily print them off - which leads me to my next question - what few photographs we have - do we send them all and do they need to be signed with our signature and date when they were taken - otherwise how will they actually know the picutres are of us!!!! Also how and when do we pay for the forms and will we post ours to London or Canada and will they provide the addrresses.... I think the envelope will be quite bulky!! thanks for your help in anticipation. :) florida14
We sent emails, chat/messenger transcriotions, copies of cards we sent each other, all the pictures we had of us together, and yes wrote on back descrptors. I can't remember now how many e-mails but there were countless pages of them. We also sent receipts of trips together, hotel bills etc., We paid by Visa online and sent a copy of our receipt with the applications. You submit the sponsor ship application and the PR application all in one package. The medical was sent in by panel doctor. I would suggest you pay all fees at once: the sponsorship application fee, the PR application fee, and the fee for PR card. It shows u are serious and speeds up the process. When our application package was ready it was bulky too and we sent it to Missasauga by courier. That gives you a tracking #. Good Luck!

KTCYYZ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
Med's Done....
30-07-2013
Heppster said:
You will only deal with Mississauga for the first part of the application. If you provide your email address on your application forms then Mississauga would use it. The rest of the the process would be dealt with in Beijing, so it should be faster to put the China address on the forms if you want to make it faster.
Thanks a lot. Very helpful answer.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
Actually i want to thank all of you about this forum it is very helpful i couldnot complete my forms without it
I will send my application from cairo this week and i have aquestion
Do i sign all forms or the forms they asked to sign only ? And should i sign all the attachment paper?i will send the application to missisaga by Dhl is it better?

tigsoters

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
pangasinan
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-13
AOR Received.
30-04-13
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
27-09-13
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting..D.m nov.7, 2013
LANDED..........
soon
hi there..

what site can i check my status to see if i am already on desicion made?

tigsoters

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
pangasinan
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-13
AOR Received.
30-04-13
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
27-09-13
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting..D.m nov.7, 2013
LANDED..........
soon
Catou said:
thank you catou..

how long does it takes after submitting my passport and additional papers needed?, i have already send them to the canada embassy manila this sept 27 2013 after receiving a letter on september 26 2013, after submitting my passports what will be the nect step that canada embassy of manila will send me or will i expect?need some advise..thanks in advance..

april 2013 we submitted the application
may 2013 It got approved by CPC-m
may 2013 Manila Started Processing
spet 26 2013 passport request receive via email
september 27 2013 Passport sent

kazemsd

Sep 9, 2011
Hi All,

I went through the CIC website, but I could not find an answer to my question. Here is my situation.

I have been a PR since Nov. 2011. My girlfriend came to Canada on Sept. 2011 on a student Visa.
She still have 1.5 year to go (she will graduate in Dec. 2014).
We are going to get married soon and apply for sponsorship.

Should I use "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner" and then ask my wife to send her application to a visa office outside Canada? Or use "Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC)" (If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada)?

I saw some posts, where people talk about a choice between "inland" or "outland" and I am confused.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kazemsd said:
I have been a PR since Nov. 2011. My girlfriend came to Canada on Sept. 2011 on a student Visa.
She still have 1.5 year to go (she will graduate in Dec. 2014).
We are going to get married soon and apply for sponsorship.

Should I use "Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner" and then ask my wife to send her application to a visa office outside Canada? Or use "Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC)" (If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada)?

I saw some posts, where people talk about a choice between "inland" or "outland" and I am confused.
If you choose "inland" then the entire application is sent to CPC-V (Vegreville, AB) and it is all processed from inside Canada. She must remain living with you (the sponsor) here in Canada as part of that process.

If you choose "outland" then the entire application is sent to CPC-M (Mississauga, ON) and when they approve you as sponsor, they forward it to a visa office outside Canada. She may live anywhere with you.

If you have been living together for at least 12 months as a couple, then you do not need to get married to apply for sponsorship. If you have been together for 24 months as a couple, she will receive a permanent PR. If not, she will receive a conditional PR and must remain in the qualifying relationship with you for two years. Failure to do so may lead to loss of her PR.

"Inland" and "Outland" are best thought of relating to WHERE the application is processed (inside or outside Canada). There are some restrictions on the applicants location for either one. Since she has status in Canada at the present time, it probably makes sense for her to process outland (and she may choose her home office or Ottawa - CPP-O - because she has legal status in Canada.) This permits her to leave Canada and remain outside Canada without jeopardizing the application status.

My other advice to her: she should be sure to apply for her PGWP next year before her student visa expires. In that way, she will be able to work in Canada as a temporary foreign worker (if she has not obtained PR yet) for up to three years. This will keep much of the pressure applicants often feel when waiting with visitor status for Canadian PR. When she is granted permanent residency she can go to the US and turn around and re-enter Canada.

Good luck!

AnilCPA

Nov 6, 2013
Any suggestions..

I submitted my wife's passport for visa on Oct/3/2013. When shall I expect to receive it back?

My wife is travelling outside India in the end of Nov/2013. What's the process of getting the passport back whether stamped or unstamped?

Thanks

kazemsd

Sep 9, 2011
computergeek said:
If you choose "inland" then the entire application is sent to CPC-V (Vegreville, AB) and it is all processed from inside Canada. She must remain living with you (the sponsor) here in Canada as part of that process.
Thank you computergeek for your complete answer. From your answer I understand that
1- We should apply "outland" and then it might be better to select her home office for processing.

Which form should we use for our application? (please see below explanation from CIC)
"The application for permanent residence packages are different depending on whether your relatives live inside or outside Canada. Be sure to choose the correct application package.
•If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.
•If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC)."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp"

Thanks again.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
kazemsd said:
Thank you computergeek for your complete answer. From your answer I understand that
1- We should apply "outland" and then it might be better to select her home office for processing.

Which form should we use for our application? (please see below explanation from CIC)
"The application for permanent residence packages are different depending on whether your relatives live inside or outside Canada. Be sure to choose the correct application package.
•If your spouse, partner or accompanying dependent child lives with you in Canada, use the Application for Permanent Residence in Canada—Spouse or Common-law Partner.
•If your spouse, partner or dependent child lives outside Canada, use the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class (FC)."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp"
This is why so many people get confused. For outland processing you want to pick the last package - even if your spouse is with you in Canada (the spouse/partner is a visitor...)

cpeters8604

Aug 13, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-13
How long does it take before the cic contact me with my application # so that I may track the progress or status online? It was received about a week ago as per Canada post tracking. I applied for outland application for my american spouse

neonred

Nov 7, 2013
Asalam o alaikum/Hello

I'm a Canadian citizen. I came to Pakistan for last 5 years for studies and have now got married and planning to go back with my husband. What I knew from my knowledge was that once I apply for his case it will take 2-3 years for the application to be processed and then he will be able to go with me. Now recently someone has told me that some rules have changed or are going to change very soon like maybe coming January. What will happen now is that once I apply my husband will get something like a spouse-visa or something and he will be able to go and live there with me and work and after 2 years his sponsorship will be complete.
1. I want to know if the above information about this new rule change is true or not? Will he really be able to go with me sooner and not wait for 2 to 3 years?
2. Also if someone can let me know if my living in Pakistan for last 5 years can create any problems for me?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
cpeters8604 said:
How long does it take before the cic contact me with my application # so that I may track the progress or status online? It was received about a week ago as per Canada post tracking. I applied for outland application for my american spouse
Normally the first time you hear from them will be about a month after receipt, when sponsor approval is granted.

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
;) :) Hi..I am hoping this will be my last question for a while as my head is mashed trying to sort this out. Brief resume. Im UK cistizen going to marry Canadian resident in florida whilst on vacation. I will then return to uk and he to Canada where he will start to sponsor me. As I am in the uk I believ the following forms are the ones he needs to fill in.
Part 1 Sponsorship guide. Checklist IMM5491...App to sponsor agreement....sponsorship eval IMM5481...Stat declaration IMM 5409 ....Sponsorship quesionaire IMM 5540...USE of a REP...what is this for???IMM 5476

PArt 2 Imm. forms
Generic IMM0008.....Additional des...IMM0008DEP.....Sched A IMM 5406 Sponsored sponsor questions IMM5490 ....use of a REP Again what is this...5476
Then in part 3 Info guide - I presume we look for the Western bit (IMM3901) as I live in the UK until I can visit hubby in Canada

PLEASE TELL ME I AM NOW ON THE RIGHT TRACK....CAN I GO INTO CANADA AROUND MAY FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS TO SEE HIM AND HELP WITH THE FORMS!!!! ANYTHING WOULD BE OF GREAT HELP