Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
LaylaLala said:
What Rob_TO said. ;D One question though, don't they have to leave Canada once they are approved and re-enter to get their PR? See, that is what confused me when I sent my application. Too late now though, I'm an inland applicant. Haha But I think it would be helpful for others to know this. What are your thoughts on this Rob_TO?
Most people "flagpole" and just do their landing instantly by driving to the nearest Canada/USA land border.

Or you could schedule an appointment at your local CIC office, although this can take a while (weeks or months) to get an appointment.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
florida14 said:
:)Hi again florida 14 here. On the paragraph where it says::Inland or Outland. Then it says if your spouse cannot get a visa to fo to Canada you must apply outland. I am a uk citizen so I can visit Canada as a tourist anytime and I hope to go and visit for about 3 months whilst he is doing the sponsor form. so would he still apply outland - as I actually LIVE in the UK. Its all confusing
To apply "inland" you must remain in Canada for the whole time the application is being processed. If you left Canada at the end of the 3 months visit, your application would probably be considered abandoned and cancelled. Therefore, your only option is "outland".

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Hi,
Questions regd. visitor visa. Parents in Canada in visitor visa. They have the visitor visa until 2015
1) While filling the immigration form in the airport they did mention that they intend to stay in Canada for 40 days. However, we would like to extend their stay for another 3 months. How can we extend their stay? or is it given that once they are in Canada, they can stay for 6 months in a stretch?? No stamp in passport mentioning how long they can stay..
2) If they stay for 3 months now and return to their country, when can they come back to Canada? Can they come back after spending 3 months in their country and return to Canada for a stay of 6 months in a stretch?

Appeciate any advice...
Thanks
VPS

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
VPS said:
Hi,
Questions regd. visitor visa. Parents in Canada in visitor visa. They have the visitor visa until 2015
1) While filling the immigration form in the airport they did mention that they intend to stay in Canada for 40 days. However, we would like to extend their stay for another 3 months. How can we extend their stay? or is it given that once they are in Canada, they can stay for 6 months in a stretch?? No stamp in passport mentioning how long they can stay..
2) If they stay for 3 months now and return to their country, when can they come back to Canada? Can they come back after spending 3 months in their country and return to Canada for a stay of 6 months in a stretch?

Appeciate any advice...
Thanks
VPS
As long as no Visitor Record was issued by the border services agent, 6 months is the default period of stay. As for "resetting the clock" ready for another visit, I have heard mention of 6 months before returning for another full visit. However I have seen no documentary evidence to support this restriction.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
florida14 said:
:)Hi again florida 14 here. On the paragraph where it says::Inland or Outland. Then it says if your spouse cannot get a visa to fo to Canada you must apply outland. I am a uk citizen so I can visit Canada as a tourist anytime and I hope to go and visit for about 3 months whilst he is doing the sponsor form. so would he still apply outland - as I actually LIVE in the UK. Its all confusing
Outland applications are processed at visa offices outside Canada. The applicant may live anywhere in the world, but must have status in Canada if they wish to remain in Canada.

Inland applications are processed at visa offices inside Canada. The applicant has a statutory requirement they be living with the sponsor in Canada. The normal rule for CIC is that applications are processed OUTSIDE Canada, so the inland application is a special situation application (that's what AIP means - you meet the requirements to apply from inside Canada.)

For someone from the UK it is definitely better to apply via the London office - even if the applicant stays in Canada the entire time.

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
Question 1..did you have any contact with your sponsor before you met in person!!! seriously how do you answer this one!! I have known him since I was born.....

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
florida14 said:
Question 1..did you have any contact with your sponsor before you met in person!!! seriously how do you answer this one!! I have known him since I was born.....
They are thinking of Internet or telephone dating. In your case, the answer would appear to be no. :D In my case, the answer was yes.

MsCyn

Jan 21, 2013
VANCOUVER BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
12-12-2017
Med's Request
27-04-2018
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Interview........
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-08-2018
Hi everyone,

Last time I was here to ask for advices whether I should apply INLAND or OUTLAND. After much consideration I have decided to apply the sponsorship OUTLAND. While I'm preparing my application, I have a few questions to ask.

1. Does my husband has to be employed and present in Canada to sponsor me? Currently he is residing in Indonesia with me and he plans to go back to Canada when he gets a job? So what do we fill up as his employment status? Unemployed?

2. The application has to be mailed to the processing centre in Mississauga, is this correct? Or I have to submit it to the Embassy in Singapore then they will forward it to Misssissauga?

3. Police Reports and Medical Exam results need to be submitted together with the application?

4. Currently I have a 5 years TRV which was issued in 2010, a while back before we get married, I assume this wouldnt be a problem if I pay my in-laws a visit in the near future? And I should declare my status on the immigration card as married?

5. Because my husband is from Quebec, do I have to get the MICC from Quebec government even if we do not plan to stay in Quebec?

Thanks for the help!

KarlR

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Howdy all!

just have a couple more questions im hoping someone can help clear up for me!

Just filling out form 5490-sponsered spouse/partner questionnaire,

-ok,first off,Question 22 and 23...."was there a formal ceremony to recognize the relationship? and was there a reception?
I have no idea what they mean by this..well I do but I don't really understand?it seems they want to know if we had a formal ceremony like a wedding ,but to celebrate being in a common law relationship?
I don't really kow what to say here,the answer is no,we didn't hold any ceremony,but generally people don't hold any sort of formal get together unless they get married right?maybe they do in some cultures but I don't know how to explain why we didn't..
Im just worried because the way they word the questions seems like its a bad thing that we didn't or that its something that will go against our application..
anyways I just really don't know what to say to them to explain why we didn't have any type of formal celebration?

The next part we are having trouble understanding is "maintaining contact",questions 24-26.
"has your sponser visited you during the period of your relationship?" and "have you visited your sponser during the period of your relationship?"
I don't really know what to say here as we have been living together for over a year?or else we wouldn't be eligible to apply?
does it mean our visits before we lived together?or sice my girlfriend lived in Ireland with me for a year before I came over to Canada to live with her on a visitor visa,does her year in Ireland count as a "visit"? as well as my few months in Canada with her?

Anyway those are my questions!i have a lot more little stupid ones but I wont bug you guys with those yet :D those are the two main questions im having trouble with.
Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can help us out!its greatly appreciated.
Thanks again all!

-Karl

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
MsCyn said:
Hi everyone,

Last time I was here to ask for advices whether I should apply INLAND or OUTLAND. After much consideration I have decided to apply the sponsorship OUTLAND. While I'm preparing my application, I have a few questions to ask.

1. Does my husband has to be employed and present in Canada to sponsor me? Currently he is residing in Indonesia with me and he plans to go back to Canada when he gets a job? So what do we fill up as his employment status? Unemployed?

2. The application has to be mailed to the processing centre in Mississauga, is this correct? Or I have to submit it to the Embassy in Singapore then they will forward it to Misssissauga?

3. Police Reports and Medical Exam results need to be submitted together with the application?

4. Currently I have a 5 years TRV which was issued in 2010, a while back before we get married, I assume this wouldnt be a problem if I pay my in-laws a visit in the near future? And I should declare my status on the immigration card as married?

5. Because my husband is from Quebec, do I have to get the MICC from Quebec government even if we do not plan to stay in Quebec?

Thanks for the help!
1) If he is a Canadian citizen, he can sponsor you while he is in Indonesia. If he is a PR, he MUST reside in Canada for the whole time the application is being processed. He doesn't have to be employed, but it helps.
2) Correct. It all goes to CPC-M as a single package, consisting of both the sponsors and the applicants forms.
3) Ideally, yes.
4) Yes, make sure that anything that you declare is correct and truthful.
5) No. You don't need any Quebec processing if you are not landing or residing there.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
KarlR said:
Howdy all!

just have a couple more questions im hoping someone can help clear up for me!

Just filling out form 5490-sponsered spouse/partner questionnaire,

-ok,first off,Question 22 and 23...."was there a formal ceremony to recognize the relationship? and was there a reception?
I have no idea what they mean by this..well I do but I don't really understand?it seems they want to know if we had a formal ceremony like a wedding ,but to celebrate being in a common law relationship?
I don't really kow what to say here,the answer is no,we didn't hold any ceremony,but generally people don't hold any sort of formal get together unless they get married right?maybe they do in some cultures but I don't know how to explain why we didn't..
Im just worried because the way they word the questions seems like its a bad thing that we didn't or that its something that will go against our application..
anyways I just really don't know what to say to them to explain why we didn't have any type of formal celebration?

The next part we are having trouble understanding is "maintaining contact",questions 24-26.
"has your sponser visited you during the period of your relationship?" and "have you visited your sponser during the period of your relationship?"
I don't really know what to say here as we have been living together for over a year?or else we wouldn't be eligible to apply?
does it mean our visits before we lived together?or sice my girlfriend lived in Ireland with me for a year before I came over to Canada to live with her on a visitor visa,does her year in Ireland count as a "visit"? as well as my few months in Canada with her?

Anyway those are my questions!i have a lot more little stupid ones but I wont bug you guys with those yet :D those are the two main questions im having trouble with.
Thanks very much in advance to anyone who can help us out!its greatly appreciated.
Thanks again all!

-Karl
Hi Karl!!

I had the same questions as you when I filled my application. To answer your first question, personally, I just answered no, and explained that we do not believe in having a ceremony for a common-law union. In other words that we do not follow that custom. I don't think there should be an issue with that. About the "maintaining contact" I would recommend including every visit, even if it was for a year. I believe that the key is honesty. And to provide proof of everything. Hope I helped a bit. And ask away, no question is stupid here. Everyone is very helpful. ;) Good luck!!

NewbieMay

Star Member
Nov 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/05/2013
AOR Received.
02/05/2013
File Transfer...
02/06/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013
Passport Req..
05/11/2013
VISA ISSUED...
01/12/2013
LANDED..........
07/02/2014
i everyone!

I hope i am in the right place to ask this question since i've been searching the web for quiries and since this is a forum with all the people having the same situation with mine, guess i can find the answer i've been looking for.

So, i received an email from the embassy for my passport and they are asking for 3 docs:
Appendix A
AOM
Passport

and i have a lot of questions in regrards with this appendix A.
-It says here that all members of the family accompanying or not should fill up the form ( when they say members of the family? do they mean my parents and siblings? or just me and my husband.
- is it one form per family member?
- if family means parents and siblings, the form says applicant? ill just fill in their names? and ill just sign on the principal applicant area?
-do i need to send in photo? since they attached a file with a photo specs, if yes? how many?

im sorry if i have lots of questions but i hope somone here can enlighten me.

one more thing, so after this step (PPR) how long woukd it take for the visa to be release.

thank you and i hope someone can help me.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Family in these terms means "Applicant(s) and dependants", not parents, siblings etc. In the application guide that you would have read to raise the application in the first place, there is the CIC definition of "Family".

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
Hi Leon...just been reading the Forum and I have another question....you say we simply download ALL the forms - even the Generic something or other!! so we then answer them on line then print them off - I am right so far? Then any questions where we think they may need further explanation we just add on another piece of paper? Also since jul we have exchanged over 600 e mails - dont think they will want to see EVERYONE OF THEM - will they - I will happily print them off - which leads me to my next question - what few photographs we have - do we send them all and do they need to be signed with our signature and date when they were taken - otherwise how will they actually know the picutres are of us!!!! Also how and when do we pay for the forms and will we post ours to London or Canada and will they provide the addrresses.... I think the envelope will be quite bulky!! thanks for your help in anticipation. :) florida14