Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Passport Req..
27-09-13
VISA ISSUED...
still waiting..D.m nov.7, 2013
LANDED..........
soon
how long does it takes after submitting my passport and additional papers needed?, i have already send them to the canada embassy manila this sept 27 2013 after receiving a letter on september 26 2013, after submitting my passports what will be the next step that canada embassy of manila will send me or will i expect?need some advise..thanks in advance..

april 2013 we submitted the application
may 2013 It got approved by CPC-mmay 2013 Manila Started Processing
sept 26 2013 passport request receive via email
september 27 2013 Passport sent

visnan

Oct 31, 2013
Hello,

Vishnu from INDIA

My wife got Staff nurse job in Toronto along with PR. By Dec 2013, she is moving to CANADA. I am planning to go along with her, by 2014 Dec through spouse visa.

Please let me know what are all the documents I need to arrange, also is there any bank balance to be shown by my wife at that time?

If so , what is the figure of bank balance to be shown?

Thanks and awaiting for earliest reply.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
komies said:
-When will I be able to apply for healthcare?
Once you start living with your spouse in Alberta (with status) you qualify for health care (this is specific to the province, it varies by province).

komies said:
-My husband tells me that once my PR application has been marked as received I'll be in a state of pending residency and able to leave the country again (technically, I could leave the country right now, but I don't think I'd get back in!). He seems kind of confused about the whole thing so I was hoping someone could elaborate- I really miss my family and friends back in the states, but want to make sure I don't end up stuck there.
You should apply via the Outland process (so your application is processed outside Canada which in your case means Ottawa). This permits you to be anywhere. You will need to maintain your status in Canada (e.g., extending your visitor record when you are in Canada) and when you wish to return you should bring the sponsor approval letter (best) or the fee receipt for the application (if you don't have the sponsor approval letter yet). I would not recommend using the Inland process (which requires that you remain in Canada living with your husband) as it takes longer and has more restrictions on it.

komies said:
-Is there anything I can do to expedite the process? I thought I saw someone mention being able to get a medical check beforehand- if I do this, how do I find a doctor's office that does them, and how do I request one? How much does it usually cost?
A medical is required. It should be submitted with your application (or rather the form the doctor gives you should be submitted with your application). They seem to cost between $200-500.

The best way to speed your application is to submit a complete application. Every time the visa office has to contact you, you're going to find a 2-4 month delay added to the process. So pay all the fees up front - $1040. Get the medical done. Make sure you have your FBI certificate (you don't need an RCMP clearance - CIC gets that directly. If they find someone with your name and DOB they will ask you for fingerprints, but that's rare.)

Read the directions. Follow them. It takes weeks to assemble everything in your application, so use it to submit a thorough and complete application.

komies said:
-I'm guessing his sponsorship will have to be approved first, even if that and my PR are submitted at the same time- how long does that usually take, and how much longer after that will it take for my application to be marked as officially processing?
There are never any guarantees as to exactly how long it will take but the published time for sponsor approval right now is about a month. Then your application goes to Ottawa and someone will likely look at it 4-6 months after sponsor approval.

boxis33

Oct 31, 2013
jcruicks said:
Hey everyone,
I finally submitted my husband's application. I am currently living in Canada and he is in Dakar, Senegal. I was just curious as to whether the waiting times on the immigration Canada website are bull*censored word* or not? It says 22 months is the average waiting time for most applicants, however, does that always mean that I will have to wait 22 months? I mean, how can they even expect me to go 22 months without my husband!?
I have sent my application for my wife 20 months ago precisely in January 5th of 2012 and i still didn't receive any news from Immigration Canada or the visa office from Dakar. The frustrating part is that even when I send e-mails to enquire about the status, they don't even bother to answer. we were married in august 2011 . I left in september to come back to canada cuz I had to start work. Two years relashionship over the phone and text message and so on. Every month i send her money to support her,and i am still waiting to hear from the visa office from Dakar. what kind of life is that. Patience has his limit too. :'(

komies

Oct 31, 2013
computergeek said:
Once you start living with your spouse in Alberta (with status) you qualify for health care (this is specific to the province, it varies by province).

You should apply via the Outland process (so your application is processed outside Canada which in your case means Ottawa). This permits you to be anywhere. You will need to maintain your status in Canada (e.g., extending your visitor record when you are in Canada) and when you wish to return you should bring the sponsor approval letter (best) or the fee receipt for the application (if you don't have the sponsor approval letter yet). I would not recommend using the Inland process (which requires that you remain in Canada living with your husband) as it takes longer and has more restrictions on it.

A medical is required. It should be submitted with your application (or rather the form the doctor gives you should be submitted with your application). They seem to cost between $200-500.

The best way to speed your application is to submit a complete application. Every time the visa office has to contact you, you're going to find a 2-4 month delay added to the process. So pay all the fees up front - $1040. Get the medical done. Make sure you have your FBI certificate (you don't need an RCMP clearance - CIC gets that directly. If they find someone with your name and DOB they will ask you for fingerprints, but that's rare.)

Read the directions. Follow them. It takes weeks to assemble everything in your application, so use it to submit a thorough and complete application.

There are never any guarantees as to exactly how long it will take but the published time for sponsor approval right now is about a month. Then your application goes to Ottawa and someone will likely look at it 4-6 months after sponsor approval.
Thank you for all the advice- unfortunately, right now I'm not a position to apply for Outland processing, as I'm currently living in Canada with my husband (and have been since January). If I'm reading this correctly, since I'm already living with my husband I can apply for healthcare? Right now I can't afford to get back to the states, which is why I won't be able to do outland processing, but we've got all our payments and stuff ready to go, and I will try and get medical done soon.

The Alberta healthcare site has this to say about my eligibility for medical care:
"In order to be eligible for AHCIP coverage you must have a valid Canada entry document or a letter from CIC indicating a “positive first decision” has been made regarding your application for permanent residency." Which leads me to believe I'm not yet eligible- I couldn't find anything about being eligible on a temporary visa, so I'm guessing 'with status' means PR or better.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You can apply Outland if you are in Canada. The only difference is that your file goes to Mississauga instead of Vegreville, and the processing is faster. You do need to keep yourself legal though, so you need to apply for an extension of your status.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
visnan said:
Hello,

Vishnu from INDIA

My wife got Staff nurse job in Toronto along with PR. By Dec 2013, she is moving to CANADA. I am planning to go along with her, by 2014 Dec through spouse visa.

Please let me know what are all the documents I need to arrange, also is there any bank balance to be shown by my wife at that time?

If so , what is the figure of bank balance to be shown?

Thanks and awaiting for earliest reply.
What exactly do you mean by spouse visa? Is she going to sponsor you, or are you accompanying her? I think you'd need to land before December 2014, because the medicals would expire before that.
Did your wife declare you on her PR application? Were you examined? If not, she cannot sponsor you, and it could cause her problems if she lands without doing so.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
komies said:
Thank you for all the advice- unfortunately, right now I'm not a position to apply for Outland processing, as I'm currently living in Canada with my husband (and have been since January). If I'm reading this correctly, since I'm already living with my husband I can apply for healthcare? Right now I can't afford to get back to the states, which is why I won't be able to do outland processing, but we've got all our payments and stuff ready to go, and I will try and get medical done soon.
I don't follow this logic. Where YOU are has no bearing on Outland processing (inland does require you be living in Canada). I personally lived in Canada with my spouse throughout the entire Outland application process.

komies said:
The Alberta healthcare site has this to say about my eligibility for medical care:
"In order to be eligible for AHCIP coverage you must have a valid Canada entry document or a letter from CIC indicating a “positive first decision” has been made regarding your application for permanent residency." Which leads me to believe I'm not yet eligible- I couldn't find anything about being eligible on a temporary visa, so I'm guessing 'with status' means PR or better.
So you need a visitor record or a stamp in your passport(both of which are "valid Canadian entry documents". I've read so many cases of positive decisions in Alberta for spouses in your situation - they are the envy of the folks from Ontario, where they can't get health care coverage until either AIP (inland stage 1) or permanent residence (outland stage 2).

For Alberta, a visitor record is all they need. And for PR... they don't even have a waiting period for new immigrants (again, unlike every other province).

Ivancica

Nov 1, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a few questions, my husband was a 4 year overstay. He left without CIC involvement (we bought the ticket etc) and he is currently in Europe. He is to return on November 21 as we have a child together and he cares for her while I work. My question is, if he arrives they can deny him re-entry? I have been told by my lawyer that they may do that because of his overstay. He is coming from a country that does not require Visas. Is there a chance they will allow him entry for an amount of time so that he can be with us? I am applying this week or next (while he is out of the country) and I will have it filed by the time he attempts entry. If they do give him time with us, can we apply to extend his status on the grounds that he is married with a child here in Canada? I am not looking forward to raising our child for 1+ years on my own if they deny him. We have a legitimate marriage and we are a family.

Thank you for your time!

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
sweetpea22 said:
I sent my Spouse Sponsorship Application- inside Canada, last January 23, 2013 via UPS and was received the next day in CPC Vegreville, AB.
You say your application was received so the error on the zipcode isn't relevant - they already have it. The code isn't as important for courier deliveries as it is for mail anyway. It got to them and that's what matters.

sweetpea22 said:
Will this affect my application? because I have not received any acknowledgement/letters until now. Do I suppose to receive any?
It says on the current processing time on the CIC website that they are Working on applications received on November 27, 2012.

Please enlighten me. I'm so worried.
You might receive acknowledgement, you might not. CIC isn't consistent about sending acknowledgements. It's nothing to worry about. If they are working on applications received on 27th November it looks like it will be at least two more months before they get to your application. Waiting is hard but there's not much more that you can do now except wait. Good luck with your application.

sweetpea22

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
(received nothing so I called CIC)
LANDED..........
14-Feb-2014
Catou said:
You say your application was received so the error on the zipcode isn't relevant - they already have it. The code isn't as important for courier deliveries as it is for mail anyway. It got to them and that's what matters.

You might receive acknowledgement, you might not. CIC isn't consistent about sending acknowledgements. It's nothing to worry about. If they are working on applications received on 27th November it looks like it will be at least two more months before they get to your application. Waiting is hard but there's not much more that you can do now except wait. Good luck with your application.
Thank you so much Catou! Now I feel relieved :)

maria a

Star Member
Feb 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
AOR Received.
06-01-2014
File Transfer...
22-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-11-2013
Can someone help me with this question on the sponsorship evaluation form IMM5481 #5 current undertaking- it says number of person included in box #3 of generic application do i just put 1 there ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ivancica said:
I have a few questions, my husband was a 4 year overstay. He left without CIC involvement (we bought the ticket etc) and he is currently in Europe. He is to return on November 21 as we have a child together and he cares for her while I work. My question is, if he arrives they can deny him re-entry? I have been told by my lawyer that they may do that because of his overstay. He is coming from a country that does not require Visas. Is there a chance they will allow him entry for an amount of time so that he can be with us? I am applying this week or next (while he is out of the country) and I will have it filed by the time he attempts entry. If they do give him time with us, can we apply to extend his status on the grounds that he is married with a child here in Canada? I am not looking forward to raising our child for 1+ years on my own if they deny him. We have a legitimate marriage and we are a family.

Thank you for your time!
Immigration officials have the right to refuse anyone entry. So yes - it's possible he may be refused entry - especially if they find out about the overstay. Yes - if he's allowed into Canada you can apply to extend his status. There is no guarantee it will be approved - but you can certainly apply.

iamlost

Nov 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

Im new in here and just wanted to know a few things about sponsoring.
Ive been in Canada for 12 years and only recieved my PR on Febuary this year, so i went to visit my country on march and i met this guy who was a good friend of my childhood friend..we fell in love it was more like love at first sigh, on aprill i proposed him and we got married on July 10th 2013. we didnt have any kind of engagement/wedding party. Our marriege was solemnized at a marriege registrar office with these religious people and few of my friends and few of his friends who were the witnesses. We did have like a little party after at a friends place with only like 10 people. My familly lives in canada and when i told them about me getting married they didnt accept it so i didnt bother geting them involved and his parents are soo religious they didnt accept us either because they wanted a girl for him from their country not from canada LOL. Anyways now in total i have known him for 8 months and been married to him for 4 months i know this is a verry short time but this is what happened. I really want my husband to come here in canada asap since its soo hard for me to live on my own ( i dont get any support from my familly since i got married) and i really cant keep going back and forth to visit because im working but now my question is that are there gonnna be any problem because of the short time we've known each other? since im back weve been talking on skype and viber around 3-4 hours everyday we have call logs. and when we were together we went on honeymoon and short trips we have hotel reciepts and many pictures. we also opened a savings account together........so do any of you know what are the chances ? my story here is very true and our marriege is geniune but i don't know if CIC will believe us ?

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
iamlost said:
Ive been in Canada for 12 years and only recieved my PR on Febuary this year, so i went to visit my country on march and i met this guy who was a good friend of my childhood friend..we fell in love it was more like love at first sigh, on aprill i proposed him and we got married on July 10th 2013. we didnt have any kind of engagement/wedding party. Our marriege was solemnized at a marriege registrar office with these religious people and few of my friends and few of his friends who were the witnesses. We did have like a little party after at a friends place with only like 10 people. My familly lives in canada and when i told them about me getting married they didnt accept it so i didnt bother geting them involved and his parents are soo religious they didnt accept us either because they wanted a girl for him from their country not from canada LOL. Anyways now in total i have known him for 8 months and been married to him for 4 months i know this is a verry short time but this is what happened.
How did you get your PR? If you were sponsored you cannot sponsor anyone yourself for five years.