Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
iamlost said:
I wasnt sponsored, i came here with my familly.
You should be able to sponsor him then ;)
I think you need to go through the application forms very carefully and look at how you can prove that your relationship is genuine. It is a very short relationship with a quick marriage so you will need to provide lots of evidence if you want CIC to believe its genuine and not just entered into for immigration.

Good luck!

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
Hi there, can anybody please help me with sponsorship. I am uk citizizen and am getting married in florida whilst on vacation to my Canadian resident boyfriend. When my vacation ends I will come back to the uk and he will stay in Canada. Does he fill sponsor forms in for Inland or Outland? Also how do I apply for PR or is that included in his sponsorship. Also I would like to visit him in Canada for about 3 months - would that be ok even though he is sponsoring me and can we fill in the forms together - 2 heads are better than one. Hoping someone can help

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
florida14 said:
Hi there, can anybody please help me with sponsorship. I am uk citizizen and am getting married in florida whilst on vacation to my Canadian resident boyfriend. When my vacation ends I will come back to the uk and he will stay in Canada. Does he fill sponsor forms in for Inland or Outland? Also how do I apply for PR or is that included in his sponsorship. Also I would like to visit him in Canada for about 3 months - would that be ok even though he is sponsoring me and can we fill in the forms together - 2 heads are better than one. Hoping someone can help
You will need to apply "outland" as you don't intend to stay continuously in Canada while it's being processed. The sponsorship IS for PR. As a visa-exempt national, you have a very good chance of being able to visit him in Canada. Note that you may have to "prove" that it really is just a visit if you get questions at the Point of Entry.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
iamlost said:
Hi everyone,

Im new in here and just wanted to know a few things about sponsoring.
Ive been in Canada for 12 years and only recieved my PR on Febuary this year, so i went to visit my country on march and i met this guy who was a good friend of my childhood friend..we fell in love it was more like love at first sigh, on aprill i proposed him and we got married on July 10th 2013. we didnt have any kind of engagement/wedding party. Our marriege was solemnized at a marriege registrar office with these religious people and few of my friends and few of his friends who were the witnesses. We did have like a little party after at a friends place with only like 10 people. My familly lives in canada and when i told them about me getting married they didnt accept it so i didnt bother geting them involved and his parents are soo religious they didnt accept us either because they wanted a girl for him from their country not from canada LOL. Anyways now in total i have known him for 8 months and been married to him for 4 months i know this is a verry short time but this is what happened. I really want my husband to come here in canada asap since its soo hard for me to live on my own ( i dont get any support from my familly since i got married) and i really cant keep going back and forth to visit because im working but now my question is that are there gonnna be any problem because of the short time we've known each other? since im back weve been talking on skype and viber around 3-4 hours everyday we have call logs. and when we were together we went on honeymoon and short trips we have hotel reciepts and many pictures. we also opened a savings account together........so do any of you know what are the chances ? my story here is very true and our marriege is geniune but i don't know if CIC will believe us ?
You have lots of red flags in your application. The extremely short time from meeting to getting married, having a tiny marriage ceremony, and that you have no family support... will be hard to overcome. If your husband is not from a visa-exempt country (if he requires a special visa to come to Canada), it will be even more difficult. CIC may think that your husband is only using you to get to Canada, or that the whole marriage is one of convenience for him to get PR.

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
:)Hi again florida 14 here. On the paragraph where it says::Inland or Outland. Then it says if your spouse cannot get a visa to fo to Canada you must apply outland. I am a uk citizen so I can visit Canada as a tourist anytime and I hope to go and visit for about 3 months whilst he is doing the sponsor form. so would he still apply outland - as I actually LIVE in the UK. Its all confusing

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
;)Hi Zardoz

Thank you for your help - you are the only person I seem to get a straight forward and easy to understand answer from I will be back as I seem to have so many questions that just keep popping up and I cant get an answer to.

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
Hi there,

I have actually known my boyfriend since I was born over 50 years ago and grew up together.. he puched my pram, rocked me to sleep etc...he left to join the navy etc etc but the thing is although we have had contact over the past years, like when he came to England on leave etc - he was at my brothers wedding some pics of that )we don't have actual pics as its such a long time ago... yes my family will vouch for me that we have dated and spent time together but will that suffice...he and my brother were and still are very very best of mates. We got in contact again july this year and it was clear to both of us that the love we have for each other has never died, we recently met up in October and spent 10 days together we do have some pics etc of that time, and it was then we decided it was our time and we wanted to be together.. we have exchanged nearly 600 e mails since july this year. I am meeting him in florida for 3 months in jan where we will be married and will go back and visit ;him in Canada. My brother and wife may not be able to make the wedding but hopefully we will have another ceremony in England. any ideas for help on what paperwork I will need etc for sponsorship

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Hi Everyone!

Finally some great news!! My husband was asked for meds on October 22, they got them on October 25. On October 29 we received and email stating my husbands visa was ready to be picked up. Today, on November 4th my husband went to the VO and got his visa and PR confirmation!!!

We sent our file to Mississaugua on Feb 27 2013. I was approved as a sponsor on March 27 2013 and file was sent to our VO that treated our file.
Interview waived

Guys God is grand, keep praying and do not lose hope, God will take care of the rest, keep faith!!

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
Does anyone know of a way that I can print the sponsorship forms of for Canada and actually post them... I don't understand how they can receive my prints of pictures that I have and how do I send additional information. can anyone please help

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
florida14 said:
Does anyone know of a way that I can print the sponsorship forms of for Canada and actually post them... I don't understand how they can receive my prints of pictures that I have and how do I send additional information. can anyone please help
The entire application has to be mailed in - you can't apply online. You should complete the online forms online - and then print them so that they can be mailed in with the rest of your application information. Once you have completed the forms online, you will be able to print them.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
florida14 said:
Hi there,

I have actually known my boyfriend since I was born over 50 years ago and grew up together.. he puched my pram, rocked me to sleep etc...he left to join the navy etc etc but the thing is although we have had contact over the past years, like when he came to England on leave etc - he was at my brothers wedding some pics of that )we don't have actual pics as its such a long time ago... yes my family will vouch for me that we have dated and spent time together but will that suffice...he and my brother were and still are very very best of mates. We got in contact again july this year and it was clear to both of us that the love we have for each other has never died, we recently met up in October and spent 10 days together we do have some pics etc of that time, and it was then we decided it was our time and we wanted to be together.. we have exchanged nearly 600 e mails since july this year. I am meeting him in florida for 3 months in jan where we will be married and will go back and visit ;him in Canada. My brother and wife may not be able to make the wedding but hopefully we will have another ceremony in England. any ideas for help on what paperwork I will need etc for sponsorship
Hello florida14!

I suggest you get married first and then apply for Sponsorship. Only because in order to apply as a common-law you should be living together for at least 1 year. As for which application to send, it depends on where you are going to be living. If you wish to come to Canada and stay while the application is in process then an Inland Application would be the best option (keep in mind that if you leave Canada during the time your application is being processed you risk not being let it the Country again. If you will be living outside Canada, then the Outland application is your best bet. Currently, Outland application are being processed a bit faster. But, if you apply inland you may apply for Open Work Permit (OWP). The waiting time for inland so far is 11 months. You can go to the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp for more info. Download the guide, it really helps.

I hope I helped with some of your questions (I know you might have many more). This is only my suggestions though, some of members here might have a better answer. Please feel free to make any corrections guys! ;)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
LaylaLala said:
As for which application to send, it depends on where you are going to be living. If you wish to come to Canada and stay while the application is in process then an Inland Application would be the best option
For visa-exempt applicants, in most cases it's preferable and quicker to apply outland even if the applicant wants to stay in Canada. Most visa-exempt outland apps are processed faster than it takes for just stage 1 of inland.

LaylaLala

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Ontario, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2013
AOR Received.
13-Feb2013
Med's Request
17-Nov-2013
Med's Done....
4-Dec-2013
Interview........
29-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
29-Apr-2014
Rob_TO said:
For visa-exempt applicants, in most cases it's preferable and quicker to apply outland even if the applicant wants to stay in Canada. Most visa-exempt outland apps are processed faster than it takes for just stage 1 of inland.
What Rob_TO said. ;D One question though, don't they have to leave Canada once they are approved and re-enter to get their PR? See, that is what confused me when I sent my application. Too late now though, I'm an inland applicant. Haha But I think it would be helpful for others to know this. What are your thoughts on this Rob_TO?