16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
zardoz said:
Your doctor is incorrect. You can, and ideally should, do an upfront medical before sending in your application to CIC. As such, you will not have a UCI at that point (unless you have dealt with CIC in the past). The doctor does NOT require a UCI or File number to do the medical.
Find a better doctor.
Thanks a bunch for that info!!!
Unfortunately I'm in exile in a tiny country and they only have one doctor who does these medicals... sigh.
Ok, i'll get on it right away, before filing of course =D

Again, thanks!

Angie

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
b4roness said:
Unfortunately I'm in exile in a tiny country and they only have one doctor who does these medicals... sigh.

Again, thanks!

Angie
Refer to the Panel Physician Handbook: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

Section 4.3.2 "Up-Front Medical"

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
Hello people.
I have recently applied for my immigration recently. I am on a open work permit in Canada.
Now I am planning to get married(nikkah only), my fiance lives in Pakistan. If I get married (nikkah only) before getting PR then I can add her to my existing application which is already in the final stages(expecting PR in 2 months time) but if I get my PR for my self alone now. and then get married(nikkah only) and sponsor my wife, I am thinking it would take 31 months. Is the spousal sponsorship process generally 31 months at this time?? Also if I apply for spousal sponsorship do I need a complete marriage like nikkah + rukhsati ?? how does it work ?? What would be your suggestion??

suggestions please ??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm sure that you already know this, but do not under any circumstances "land" as a "single" PR if you have got married and not told CIC. If you are cutting it close on time, it would be better to marry after you have landed and then go for spouse sponsorship.

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
b4roness said:

Again, thanks!

Angie
Hi! I agree we did our medical up front. If he really does not want to do it you can send Medicals later when you get your number or when CIC asks you

bnan

Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2013
Doc's Request.
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-2013
File Transfer...
06-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
b4roness said:

Again, thanks!

Angie
Hey Angie!

My doctor was giving me the same trouble as well and I also only had 1 doctor here to go to. All I could do is to ask them to check with the embassy itself if they had doubt on this. I also showed them the checklist which asks me to provide the specific form needed prior to the application.

mike macky

Oct 23, 2013
Hi Everyone i need help!

I'm sponsoring my wife po. Approved na kami sa Federal and may CSQ na din cya last Sept 9. 1 month na po ang nakalipas wala pa din narereceive ang wife ko na procedure from manila kung ano ang gagawin nya. Kaylangan ba namin isend ang CSQ or we have to wait kung ano sasabihin nila?

Thank you in advance po.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
mike macky said:
Hi Everyone i need help!

I'm sponsoring my wife po. Approved na kami sa Federal and may CSQ na din cya last Sept 9. 1 month na po ang nakalipas wala pa din narereceive ang wife ko na procedure from manila kung ano ang gagawin nya. Kaylangan ba namin isend ang CSQ or we have to wait kung ano sasabihin nila?

Thank you in advance po.
Can you write this in English please?

frappCcino

Oct 1, 2013
Hi Everyone/ Leon,

Since my last stamp was last July 1... that means my TRV is to expire on Jan 1... I read somewhere here that i don't need to apply for an extension since we are applying for OWP at the same time we will apply for the sponsorship.

Question is. when will i assume that Implied Status? as soon as i submit? or as soon as we get a letter from them acknowledging the receipt of our application. Do they send anything for you to be considered under the implied status or it just happens once you submit?

what happens if you havent receive a letter from them that your application was receive before my TRV expire? (if in case that is how you assume you "implied Status" Because we are still completing our application and all the requirements and evidences...most probably can only submit it by early NOV.

Please help.

Thanks.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
It can take 1-2 months to get the marriage certif. Should I send in documentation with a note regarding this? I am hoping to get it before his return date which is in mid Jan. and before we wanted to send in the docs., but you never know. I would hate to wait on this document and him apply for an extension and be denied!

ahndie69

Oct 24, 2013
Quezon city
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 29, 2014
Doc's Request.
AugUst 4, 2014. PPR, Aom, appendix A & RPRf
AOR Received.
May 27, 2014
File Transfer...
May 29, 2014
Med's Request
June 7, 2014
Med's Done....
June 8, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
August 4, 2014 In process: August 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
This October 2014 maybe
:)hi, cant start as of now my question>>My wife is a canadian citizen , she's just passed the application for me... what's next...
i dont know...how many months do i have to wait? we're not together, weve been together last year, for a couple of weeks only for our marriage last october 26, 2012

frappCcino

Oct 1, 2013
Hi Evryone,

How do i go about with the open work permit application to be submitted together with the sponsorship application?

please help. Its kindda confusing. ???

thanks in advance.

Hii

Oct 24, 2013
Hello , i dont know how this thing workz , but i read some posts and itz related to my problem too, i sponsored my spouse from isalamand about 22 months a go and still waiting, My local MP told me my file suppose to be reviewed about 5 months ago by Visa officer but unfortunately am still waiting , its been soooooooo long of waiting , is there any way to speed up the process.:( thankz

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hii said:
Hello , i dont know how this thing workz , but i read some posts and itz related to my problem too, i sponsored my spouse from isalamand about 22 months a go and still waiting, My local MP told me my file suppose to be reviewed about 5 months ago by Visa officer but unfortunately am still waiting , its been soooooooo long of waiting , is there any way to speed up the process.:( thankz
Unfortunately there's no way to speed up the process. The posted processing time for that office is currently 31 months - so hopefully you are close to the end.