Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
My meds expired so the Visa Office requested an extension to allow more time for landing. In that way we don't have to spend money to redo them

I believe it can be extended for another 12 months and it can only be requested if that is the only thing preventing them from issuing PPR.

It's been 5 weeks since extension, still waiting

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
fromadistance said:
My meds expired so the Visa Office requested an extension to allow more time for landing. In that way we don't have to spend money to redo them

I believe it can be extended for another 12 months and it can only be requested if that is the only thing preventing them from issuing PPR.

It's been 5 weeks since extension, still waiting
But you asked for the extension or the visa office asked you for one?

fromadistance

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2012
Doc's Request.
11-09-2013 RPRF Request
AOR Received.
19-12-2012
File Transfer...
03-01-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2013
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
They are the ones who has to request the extension.

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 21, 2013 Received: July 24, 2013
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
September 5, 2013 as per my MP
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE
Can someone please post a link on how to order GCMS notes. Thank you. :)

Daisyd5

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
fromadistance said:
They are the ones who has to request the extension.
Ok perfect thank you!!

I'm sure you will get answer soon. If they requested an extension then they are working on the file.

mahvash

Oct 8, 2013
I am Canadian Citizen. My boyfriend and I both moved back he from the UK(where he was studying) and Canada respectively last year to get married in 2012. He is a Pakistani citizen. Now we both live in Pakistan. I would love to move back to Canada with my husband and establish ourselves there. While filling out the application form, we got stuck at some questions. We were hoping someone could help us. We are not sure as to what we must focus while writing the answer for the one below.

Provide proof of intention to re establish in Canada, attach photocopies of the following documents as applicable:

1. Job offer in Canada, 2.Employment contract in Canada, 3.Letter of acceptance by an educational institution in Canada, 4.Property rental agreement, 5.Property deed, 6. Mortgage in property, 7. Other: please mention:

Give details of your plans to re-establish in Canada:

I don't plan to apply for jobs until my husband gets a PR, so getting a job letter sitting here before that isn't possible. Plus, I have already done my masters and worked for 2 years after that in Canada, so wont apply to any school either. We both will apply for jobs in Canada once my husband has a PR. I have a couple of friends in Toronto (who could send in a letter as well) whom we could stay with if my husband and I moved to Canada, while we looked for a place to live.

My husband and I have savings through which we can support ourselves at least for 8-10 months if we dont find jobs.

Please help.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
olinadposadas said:

It seems complicated to order GCMS notes, but only at the 1st time.
Your spouse (sponsored person) has to fill out and sign the form IMM5744: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf , which is the consent to access to information, if he/she is not currently living with you she has to scan it and email it to you. That is the 1st step.

Then you'll fill out the order online using the following link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en and click on the box at the bottom of the page where it says Continue.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
olinadposadas said:

You have to be a Canadian Citizen living in Canada to order the notes on behalf of your spouse and provide proof. So make a scanned copy of the main page of your passport and drivers license to attach to the GCMS notes application.

You have to choose the option "Access to Information Act"
And when asked if you are requesting info on your own behalf you choose "no"

You MUST have/provide her file # and and UCI #. You can find it in any correspondence you received from CIC regarding the Sponsorship application.

After filling the online request I believe it will show an option to make the payment of the 5 dollars fee, which you'll be able to do online with a credit card.
It will also tell you when/how to attach your spouse's form and your scanned docs.

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE
nanediniz said:
It seems complicated to order GCMS notes, but only at the 1st time.
Your spouse (sponsored person) has to fill out and sign the form IMM5744: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5744E.pdf , which is the consent to access to information, if he/she is not currently living with you she has to scan it and email it to you. That is the 1st step.

Then you'll fill out the order online using the following link: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en and click on the box at the bottom of the page where it says Continue.
Hi nanediniz

Thank you. I am actually the sponsor for my husband :)

olinadposadas

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
August 21, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
June 6, 2013
Passport Req..
SOON PLEASE

Nuri

Jul 5, 2013
Hello everybody

I am from Argentina, my boyfriend is Canadian, born and race, We are living here as common law more than a year now, in Toronto. I have been here most of this time, but back and forth every 2-3 month from Argentina, only there for a week or so. He is separed (they did the legally agrement, but they are not divorce yet). I am here as Tourist. We are completing the form for spousal Sponsorship and we will be submitting our application by 20th October,

So here is my question

We will present Spousal Sponsorship as Outland, (because I need to travel to Argentina sometime while we do this process )

1 - In the Table of Sposorship of spouse for Argentina does not ask for FORM 5409 about DECLARATION OF COMMON LAW UNION
But im in a Common Law since a year, So Should we complete the form?? where ask about declaran't partner (it's my name) of (name of city where i born ? Where I live? or Where I am? After In the Contry of Canada
If so it needs to be signed by a Notary ? or ins't necesary ?

He can sponsor me as a common law, becouse we are living for more than a year now, We can apply Outland anyway right?

2 - if we complete the Form 5409 (I think its important to complete becouse I am here. and a have lots things to prove)
How should i complete the other form IMM 0008 On question Number 10 Current Country Of Residence?? Argentina or Canada?? Status??? Becouse Legally i am argentinian Resident but, I was here in Canada taking courses of English and living with him. Should i go for option CANADA as Visitor

3- Also on IMM 0008 Question Number 13 A Current Marital Status should i said In Common- Law ? In Canada? or just i should say SINGLE, (if i pick option Argentina in Number 10 ? Date of Common Law start ?? Is when I came here to start to live with him the day from when we sign a Agreement Lease??? I met him a year ago before we start living together,

4- Contact Information Should be in Canada ?? Where i'm now, or Should be in Argentina, Becouse I'm here as Tourist, but in a month i will be back for maybe a week or so. Could be one mailing address Argentina and residencial in Canada?? I will give my email to.

Because if I'm supposed to live in a common law, i am not there as a single, please help me!

Sorry but this became confused to me, thanks for your help.

Also i wanted to say, I have done already my medical exams, criminal records, etc, etc. and i have been translated them here legally.

Thanks a lot in advance.
:)

Nuri

Jul 5, 2013
Well, we are planing to get married maybe in a year after he divorce, but we dont want to wait that much, I have been waiting more than a year now. the overall relashioship is almost 2 years now, But I know he still can sponsor me, even he is not divorce, but he is legally separated.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Riri said:
Can you apply for sponsorship right after the wedding/marriage?
Of course. The only issue is how you demonstrate to CIC that you are legally married - usually people wait for the confirmation to come back from the provincial government.