none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Leon said:
According to http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/driver_licence/exchange/ you are allowed to drive in Quebec for up to 12 months before you have to exchange your license. If you were in Ontario, it would only be 2 months.
This is not right. You can drive on a foreign licence for 6 months after settling in Quebec. 12 months is the length of time you have to exchange your foreign one for a Quebec one. Between 6 and 12 months, you can't drive, but you can still do the exchange.

With a Lebanese licence, you have to take a driving test, but you're exempt from the mandatory driving lessons a first-time driver would have to take.

The six-month rule applies as soon as you become a resident of Quebec. If you're just visiting, you can drive with a foreign licence and IDP indefinitely.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
skrm said:
I'm permanent residence of Canada and want to merry Canadian but I'm scared from what ever happened with me before is not gonna gonna happened again that's why I was thinking to merry with Indian guy...
OK, so you are "husband shopping" and you want to know if you can import one instead of obtaining a local one. The answer is yes, in 2016...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
skrm said:
I'm permanent residence of Canada and want to merry Canadian but I'm scared from what ever happened with me before is not gonna gonna happened again that's why I was thinking to merry with Indian guy...
If you are not going to marry someone with status in Canada already, you have three choices:

(1) Wait until you are no longer covered by the five year bar;
(2) File an H&C application, asking that you be permitted to sponsor someone despite this fact.
(3) The new spouse/partner can immigrate in a different category. In that case he/she will be able to get "points" for having family in Canada (you) but must qualify for such immigration using the normal path.

At present H&C applications take about 3 years, so (2) and (1) probably take the same amount of time.

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Im a Canadian and i want to sponsor my spouse from srilanka. i just graduated and i am looking for work. How long do i have to work for inorder to start the sponsorship process. plus does he have to be working in srilanka too? Also does age matter? Iam 24 and hes 30. Will it affect the sponsorship?!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :-[

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Riri said:
Im a Canadian and i want to sponsor my spouse from srilanka. i just graduated and i am looking for work. How long do i have to work for inorder to start the sponsorship process. plus does he have to be working in srilanka too? Also does age matter? Iam 24 and hes 30. Will it affect the sponsorship?!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!! :-[
There is no specific financial requirement for sponsoring a spouse/partner. What you must be able to do is convince CIC that you will not require social assistance. The skills and assets of both the sponsor and applicant are considered in that process.

A six year age difference is not that much, but it is up to the visa officer to determine if this raises a question about the legitimacy of the marriage. That will very much depend upon the other aspects of your relationship.

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
in the hands of the visa office from the time of interview/ DM October 20/2013
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
hello all,

can some one please explain what an ( bring forward date) is? :-[

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
waitingonforever said:
hello all,

can some one please explain what an ( bring forward date) is? :-[
It's the date that your application file is scheduled to be physically looked at again. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39705.0.html may help.

NSAL

Oct 8, 2013
I sponsored my husband who landed recently, for the last year I was living abroad and was with him when we did the landing. Once we were there he changed and I have noticed he doesnt want to live with me .I had an emergency family visit and had to leave for 2 weeks he told me dont come back. I called him saying I am coming back he said dont come as I will not live with you.

My question is as per the new law which is :

The new regulations apply to spouses or partners in a relationship of two years or less and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The spouse or partner must live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. The status of the sponsored spouse or partner may be revoked if they do not remain in the relationship.

The conditional measure is now in force, which means that it applies to permanent residents in relationships of two years or less, with no children in common, whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012.

1- Will that still applies on him as application was submitted in July 2011 and landing in June 2013.

Thanks

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
NSAL said:
I sponsored my husband who landed recently, for the last year I was living abroad and was with him when we did the landing. Once we were there he changed and I have noticed he doesnt want to live with me .I had an emergency family visit and had to leave for 2 weeks he told me dont come back. I called him saying I am coming back he said dont come as I will not live with you.

The new regulations apply to spouses or partners in a relationship of two years or less and who have no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application. The spouse or partner must live in a legitimate relationship with their sponsor for two years from the day on which they receive their permanent resident status in Canada. The status of the sponsored spouse or partner may be revoked if they do not remain in the relationship.

The conditional measure is now in force, which means that it applies to permanent residents in relationships of two years or less, with no children in common, whose applications are received on or after October 25, 2012.

1- Will that still applies on him as application was submitted in July 2011 and landing in June 2013.

Thanks
I'm sorry for the situation you find yourself in. Unfortunately, the new law only applies to applications that were received on or after 25th October, 2012 so it doesn't apply to your July 2011 application.

ellaine

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 22, 2013 , received as per tracking number August 26, 2013
AOR Received.
September 5, 2013
File Transfer...
September 13, 2013
Med's Done....
August 5, 2013
Passport Req..
November 22, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 13, 2013
LANDED..........
February 07, 2014 (Winnipeg)
NSAL said:

Thanks
Unfortunately, the new rule is prospective in nature and not retroactive.Hence, the same is not applicable to you. The raison d'être is to avoid marriage fraud, May God bless you.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi leon
Pls i want to take ur opinion about imm5490 period of cohabitation my case is
My husband (the sponsor ) got his canadian citizen in 2002 we married in1997 after 2002 we lived together in egypt till today
From 1997 till 2002 he went to canada many times, i think that every year he visited canada but we dont remember these dates so we cant put from date to date. so we put only from 2002 till now and we write a separate paper to explain from 1997 till 2002
We also lived together but he travelled to canada for sometimes every year and when he retutrned back to egypt he lived with me and our son is this right or what?
Thanks

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
zardoz said:
It's the date that your application file is scheduled to be physically looked at again. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39705.0.html may help.
thank you zardoz, I keep hearing people mention the bring forward date but had NO idea what that meant...now you would only know the bring forward date if you order your GCMS notes correct?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
waitingonforever said:
thank you zardoz, I keep hearing people mention the bring forward date but had NO idea what that meant...now you would only know the bring forward date if you order your GCMS notes correct?
I don't think it's documented anywhere else except in the internal CIC systems and on the notes.

waitingonforever

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2012
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
10-10-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
13-05-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
not soon enough
LANDED..........
couldn't be soon enough
zardoz said:
I don't think it's documented anywhere else except in the internal CIC systems and on the notes.
I have read in a thread that the bring forward date is a year from the date your sponsorship was approved..If I am wrong can someone please correct me :-[

Riri

Sep 28, 2013
Helo
If my boyfriend comes to Canada through student visa for school, and he gets married to a canadian citizen. Do I still nneed to sponspor?