Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CityBoy said:
Hi
I sent an application for Permanent Resident to sponsor my wife and in the Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008], Immigration office requested for processing this application: I choose Islamabad, Pakistan because my wife is a Pakistani National and lives in Pakistan.
I got acknowledgement from Mississauga office that they received my application on August 06, 2013.
After that I got another letter from Mississauga office on August 30, 2013 that you have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and accordingly, the application for PR for your wife has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing and for further enquiries regarding the PR application for your wife, you may contact the [Islamabad, High Commission of Canada] visa office. This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
At this point everything was going smoothly.
On September 19, 2013, my wife received a letter from [New Delhi-India, High Commission of Canada] Immigration Section.
We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Family class on 08/06/2013 and have created a file with the file number indicated above.
In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:
Submission of original passport along with any old expired passports for you and your accompanying family members.
Please note that a request for your passport(s) at this time is not a guarantee of visa issuance. Passports are requested so that we can hold them on your file and issue your visas as soon as possible after all requirements have been met.
Passports should be sent by any secured mail deliverers (hand delivery will not be accepted). Passports can't be returned to addresses outside of India, Nepal and Bhutan. If your current mailing address is not in India, Nepal or Bhutan, please provide an address in that territory.

I need advice regarding the above situation.

From Pakistan we can't send pasport outside the country.
Delhi, India. High Commission of canada clearly mention that they will return pasport only in India, Bhutan or Nepal.

I shall be very grateful for your assistance.

Thank you
First, ND isn't requiring the passport at this stage, they are "requesting it to expedite processing". But YOUR issue is that until someone really looks at your file, they won't realize they cannot process it in ND and it must be sent to Islamabad. The good news is that this is probably only going to be 6 months or so. Islamabad's processing time is much longer AND they don't get to reset the clock when they do get it to Islamabad.

Send them a letter, tell them she cannot send the passport because she is in Pakistan and suggest that they might prefer to process the application in Islamabad.

remonda

Star Member
Aug 30, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agarand8 said:
Hello,

If you have someone offer you a place to live when you initially arrive, that will help. Also if your husband could have a job offer, that would really help. But I think you would be ok with those three for now. As for the money, you don't have to proove that you have a certain income or anything when you are bringing a spouse.
SCsquare said:
Leon... I have my interview day after tomorow and I am taking all my pics, phone, chat n email records from the day we started out relationship...
In the application we had not submitted the same.. jst records of few months before filing for the application
agarand8 said:
Hello,

If you have someone offer you a place to live when you initially arrive, that will help. Also if your husband could have a job offer, that would really help. But I think you would be ok with those three for now. As for the money, you don't have to proove that you have a certain income or anything when you are bringing a spouse.
Thank you for your answer . So i am in the right way . Iam already searching for an apartement to rent from the site of gottarent .com but actually i cant rent it from now bec i don t know when i get an approve from the cic but i can print theses copies of searching as a proof . How can my husband get a job offer from Egypt he is an Archetict i don t think that is possible
Another question pls how can i calculate our fees (me and my 15 son 'years).and can we pay it in an intenational bank like HSBC

Is anyone has the same condition here in Egypt pls i want to know more experieces

I am also taking a lot of after marriage proofs... any suggestions or tips for me that I should follow while in the interview.. I m scared n tensed to the point that i have a big ball of knot in my stomach n each passing hr it grows double ???

Sep 19, 2013
Hey all,

I would like to get some feedback to my case.

I have been a permanent resident in Quebec for 2 years. My gf is in town as a visitor. If we would like to get married to start her residency application,
1- would it be better to have an inland or outland one?
2- would it affect my citizenship in the future?
3- how hard is to convince them about the genuineness of our relationship?

Thanks,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
needsomeadvice said:
I have been a permanent resident in Quebec for 2 years. My gf is in town as a visitor. If we would like to get married to start her residency application,
1- would it be better to have an inland or outland one?
2- would it affect my citizenship in the future?
3- how hard is to convince them about the genuineness of our relationship?
1 - It's really your choice. Both options have pros and cons.
2 - No - it won't affect it.
3 - It depends on your history, profile and what evidence you can supply to demonstrate that your relationship is genuine.

Sep 19, 2013
scylla said:
1 - It's really your choice. Both options have pros and cons.
2 - No - it won't affect it.
3 - It depends on your history, profile and what evidence you can supply to demonstrate that your relationship is genuine.
In case we choose outland, can we put an office in the USA (my gf is not american , she only has a visitor visa to the US ) so she can do the interview there in case they ask for it?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You must select the visa office based on her residency or citizenship. Visitor visa would not count.

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
needsomeadvice said:
Do I need to hire a lawyer / consultant or is it a simple process to go thru?
Most people are able to do the paper work on their own. Unless you have a very difficult case or will find it difficult to prove your relationship, there isn't really a need for a lawyer or a consultant. Just keep organized and don't rush it.

Sep 19, 2013
tink23 said:
Most people are able to do the paper work on their own. Unless you have a very difficult case or will find it difficult to prove your relationship, there isn't really a need for a lawyer or a consultant. Just keep organized and don't rush it.
Do I have to extend my gf's visit visa in case we decide to go for the outland process? If yes, is it easy to do it?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
needsomeadvice said:
Do I have to extend my gf's visit visa in case we decide to go for the outland process? If yes, is it easy to do it?
Yes, if Outland keep her in status. Don't know because I've never had to do it, but from what others have said it sounds easy enough. Use the search function typing in visitor visa extension, and you'll get tons of threads explaining what to do.

You said "gf" and in order to apply u need to make sure you're either married or qualify as common law.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Rob_TO said:
The entry/exit record is an official document that is issued by the immigration department of each country. So for every country you traveled through, you will need to request this document from them.

Sounds like they want to verify what's in your excel file/passport. Not sure why the passport isn't good enough... but there isn't much you can do since if they asked for it you need to get and send it. Sounds like it will be a huge hassle to get this from every single country if you traveled to a bunch, so the first place i would check is from each countries embassy in Canada.
I did enquire to obtain entry/exit record from Singapore, unfortunately got a reply stating..

"Please allow us to clarify that information gathered during the immigration clearance process is strictly meant for ICA to carry out its function as an immigration authority. As such, we regret to inform you that we are unable to accede to your request. We seek your kind understanding on this". What to I do now? How do I obtain entry/exit record or movement certificate from country I travelled??

lavedaloka

Mar 17, 2011
Hi Leon my concern is im a nanny with open work permit and my husband is Iranian, we meet in Philippines and wonder if i can sponsor him here in Canada? Im not PR yet

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Hi All,

Can somebody please tell me, how do applicants find out if their interview was waived? Will it show up in ecas? Or they will send and email? Or how.... And approximately when, I suppose near to the end....

Thanks