Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
I've found out when I applied for GCMS notes and got them.

Hungary

Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
File Transfer...
2013-09-20
Med's Done....
28-05-2013
Passport Req..
Exempt
Oh, I see... How long should we wait before we order it?

star001

Jul 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
12-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2014
LANDED..........
Soon
Yippii... strike is finallllyyy over....

http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=168

;D ;D ;D

Naveedk

Apr 28, 2012
Dear All,

I am filling up the forms from Riyadh. I would like to ask members their expert advice for the following:

a) what is the appropriate means of communication channel with Abu Dhabi VO. I read somewhere that hard copy communication is way better since we have proof etc. Should we mention email addresses in the forms? What are your experiences.
b)If we mention email address, shall we be receiving emails and hard copy mails both?
c) Any other relevant adivse w.r.t. email addresses.

Africalady

Sep 9, 2013
Hello members,
Am due for interview late October and i feel abit scared due to some issues that iam aware of in my application. Our marriage is genuine and we are married happy waiting to be together soon if God allows. I have read so many think on this forum that i ended reflecting on our applications.
Briefly, we have age difference of 16years my husband older, he is divorced 1 child, i have never been married before but i have 2 children from 2 difference relationship (i was a single mother before marrying my husband), we met online and got married after 5months, we come from different countries both in East Africa, he visited my country for few days and later we went to his country, at our Civil marriage i had only 2 friends who attended but most of his relatives/friends were there at our marriage and reception.
However, i have prints of our all our chats of the dating site, many emails, western union receipts, many photos of our relationship, marriage & honeymoon together, viber call history, whatsapp text message history, skype calls, boarding passes, his divorce certificate, our marriage certificate e.t.c
Members please advise, what can i do to show the visa officer on our interview that my marriage is genuine and we are truely in love.
waiting eagerly to read from you.
Regards,
Africalady

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Take a look at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t12122.0.html

toby2013

Sep 27, 2013
hi everyone, im looking for some tips or things I should look out for when applying for my wifes PR. we have been together for over 3 yrs , we met when she was in hong kong she is phillipina. I moved to the phillipines for 3 months back in 2011. December 2012 she was hired by a fast food place and is here on a work visa. it was a direct hire I was not on any paper work. we got married in august 2013 here in alberta. so now we want to start the PR app. so my questions are, because she is here and working will it be a easier app or does anyone see anything I look out for when we do the app? should we wait any time before we do it? please let me know what u think. and thanx in advance.

aflower

Sep 7, 2013
Seattle
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottowa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2013
AOR Received.
05-12-2013
Med's Done....
09-24-2013
Thank you for your information on how to get started! I was just married on Sept 11th to my Canadian husband and am now getting all of my ducks in a row to submit a "completed" application by the end of October. Hoping this process doesn't take super long, as I'm anxious to get moved up there from the US (Washington).

Does anyone know how to tell the correct wait times? The CIC says "Americas" and lists serval different offices. If he lives in BC and me in Washington state is it Los Angeles or New York or somewhere else for calculating wait times? I'm submitting the application outland.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
toby2013 said:
hi everyone, im looking for some tips or things I should look out for when applying for my wifes PR. we have been together for over 3 yrs , we met when she was in hong kong she is phillipina. I moved to the phillipines for 3 months back in 2011. December 2012 she was hired by a fast food place and is here on a work visa. it was a direct hire I was not on any paper work. we got married in august 2013 here in alberta. so now we want to start the PR app. so my questions are, because she is here and working will it be a easier app or does anyone see anything I look out for when we do the app? should we wait any time before we do it? please let me know what u think. and thanx in advance.
Her working certainly makes many things easier for you but doesn't really make much difference to CIC with respect to your application. Are you planning on applying via the inland application route or outland?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
aflower said:
Thank you for your information on how to get started! I was just married on Sept 11th to my Canadian husband and am now getting all of my ducks in a row to submit a "completed" application by the end of October. Hoping this process doesn't take super long, as I'm anxious to get moved up there from the US (Washington).

Does anyone know how to tell the correct wait times? The CIC says "Americas" and lists serval different offices. If he lives in BC and me in Washington state is it Los Angeles or New York or somewhere else for calculating wait times? I'm submitting the application outland.
All applications start in Ottawa. Only applications that require interviews or special processing are transferred to LA or NYC normally (though CIC may transfer it for any reason). The open data project lists times for 20, 30, 50, 70 and 80% of applications. The 50% figure for Ottawa is around 8 months last I checked.

If you qualify for a NAFTA position (technical/managerial/professional positions in some industries) you could obtain a work permit rather easily and come to BC even while the application is in process. Or if you can afford to be out of work, you can come to Canada as a visitor. Note that for BC, if you are living with youir spouse AND you have a PR application in process you are eligible for MSP (health insurance) as a dependent of your spouse.

toby2013

Sep 27, 2013
computergeek said:
Her working certainly makes many things easier for you but doesn't really make much difference to CIC with respect to your application. Are you planning on applying via the inland application route or outland?
thanx for your reply. how much difference does it make inland or outland if she is already here?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
toby2013 said:
thanx for your reply. how much difference does it make inland or outland if she is already here?
Inland requires 11 months for initial (first stage) approval, but if she needs to keep working she can include an open work permit application which will allow her to keep working throughout the process (initially under "implied status" and then when she has an open work permit). Outland is faster for first stage (about a month) and then second stage (Manila is posting 14 months currently). There is no open work permit for an outland application. Also, if there is any need for an interview, an outland interview would be done at the visa office abroad. An inland interview is done at a local office.

There is no IAD appeal rights for a refused inland application - the only option to challenge a negative decision is in Federal Court. IAD appeal rights are available for outland but can take a long time (2.5 years in Toronto office seems common). This is only an issue if you think there might be problems with your application.

almaa

Sep 27, 2013
Hi Leon, this is very helpful posting. i need advise on the following situation.

i am a canadian citizen residing abroad for the past 18 years. married to a non canadian and living together for 17 years and have three children born outside canada but are citizens since born to a canadian father. this year we decided to move back to canada, specifically montreal, becasue our eldest child plans to enter medical school in three years and needs to go through high school there to make it more feasible and easier. my wife received a 2 year multiple entry visa this past summer, visisted canada and liked it. so now we all plan to move back - summer 2014. what in your opinion would be the most chances of success in the following scenarios :

1- wife applies for canandian PR - outland route - when summer comes travel with the rest of the family on visit visa and wait for her PR call - but as you explained she might have to travel back for an interview if it is not waived which may be an obstacle because she may not be easily getting a visa for entering the country where we resided earlier ( any possibility to have her interview transferred into canada ? )
2- wife applies to PR - inland route - after getting into canada on her visit visa - but again as you explained she may not travel abroad until she gets the PR acceptance. also her visit visa may be expired before she has the acceptance ( as you mentioned it could be 2 years with the inland scenario ).

in the second scenario, if i am not employed ( which is likely the case due my age - 52 - and the long time i was away from canadian market ) will this risk her chances of getting accepted as PR ? for the first scenario, would the kids acceptance to schools be enough proof to demonstrate my intent to move and settle in canada ?

hoping to have your earliest feedabck and recommednation for either of the scenarios risks and benefits

toby2013

Sep 27, 2013
computergeek said:
Inland requires 11 months for initial (first stage) approval, but if she needs to keep working she can include an open work permit application which will allow her to keep working throughout the process (initially under "implied status" and then when she has an open work permit). Outland is faster for first stage (about a month) and then second stage (Manila is posting 14 months currently). There is no open work permit for an outland application. Also, if there is any need for an interview, an outland interview would be done at the visa office abroad. An inland interview is done at a local office.

There is no IAD appeal rights for a refused inland application - the only option to challenge a negative decision is in Federal Court. IAD appeal rights are available for outland but can take a long time (2.5 years in Toronto office seems common). This is only an issue if you think there might be problems with your application.
well I don't think we are that worried about time. yes she wants to keep working. I don't think there is anything that should be wrong with the app. sponsorship should be ok. we have more than lots of proof of our relationship for the last 3 yrs.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
almaa said:
Hi Leon, this is very helpful posting. i need advise on the following situation.

i am a canadian citizen residing abroad for the past 18 years. married to a non canadian and living together for 17 years and have three children born outside canada but are citizens since born to a canadian father. this year we decided to move back to canada, specifically montreal, becasue our eldest child plans to enter medical school in three years and needs to go through high school there to make it more feasible and easier. my wife received a 2 year multiple entry visa this past summer, visisted canada and liked it. so now we all plan to move back - summer 2014. what in your opinion would be the most chances of success in the following scenarios :

1- wife applies for canandian PR - outland route - when summer comes travel with the rest of the family on visit visa and wait for her PR call - but as you explained she might have to travel back for an interview if it is not waived which may be an obstacle because she may not be easily getting a visa for entering the country where we resided earlier ( any possibility to have her interview transferred into canada ? )
2- wife applies to PR - inland route - after getting into canada on her visit visa - but again as you explained she may not travel abroad until she gets the PR acceptance. also her visit visa may be expired before she has the acceptance ( as you mentioned it could be 2 years with the inland scenario ).

in the second scenario, if i am not employed ( which is likely the case due my age - 52 - and the long time i was away from canadian market ) will this risk her chances of getting accepted as PR ? for the first scenario, would the kids acceptance to schools be enough proof to demonstrate my intent to move and settle in canada ?

hoping to have your earliest feedabck and recommednation for either of the scenarios risks and benefits
It is basically up to you. With a long term relationship and a couple of kids, you shouldn't have a problem with immigration thinking it is a marriage of convenience so your application should not take too long and it is unlikely for an interview to be required. You can apply outland now using your kids school plans as grounds for moving back. I don't know if it is enough. You should have picked a high school for your kid and worked out where you want to live, what you will do for a job etc. In my experience there isn't much age discrimination in Canada compared to many other countries. I don't think your age will stop you from finding a job. For her outland application, you can pick your country of residence or her country of citizenship. If you do not think she would get a visa to visit her current country of residence in case there is an interview, she should apply through her country of citizenship and she will not have that problem.

However, outland applications take very long at some visa offices, up to a year or two, so depending on where she is from, inland could be a better idea. If she applies for an open work permit along with the inland sponsorship package, she will have implied status even if her visit visa expires so she doesn't have to worry about that and if all goes well, she might have her open work permit in 9-10 months.