+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

k84

Jul 31, 2012
hi everyone,
can anybody help me with this question. we got a letter from cic etobicoke saying that we are pleased to inform u that a final decision on ur perm residency application will b made at an interview on 1st aug 2013...................plz bring ur passport, 2 PR photos,temp SIN and ur spouse. i just want to know is the landing interview or something else........i m too nervous ..plzzzzzzzz help

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No, I don't think this is the "landing" interview. From your description, I think it's to evaluate your application for the decision making process. Just be natural and make sure you obey any preparation instructions you have been sent. The "landing" interview is done when you have already received your CoPR and you finally become a PR.

mrsldr

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 12, 2013
Doc's Request.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
AOR Received.
from ADVO- December 09, 2013
File Transfer...
to ADVO- September 30, 2013
Med's Done....
July 07, 2013
Interview........
waive!!!!
Passport Req..
april 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 29, 2014. Passport sent back to me: May 6, 2014
LANDED..........
July.........
parker24 said:
Yes there is. Was that your question?
oh i forgot. the question is what if for example mu husband is not approved as a sponsor what should we tick? withdraw or continue with the application?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
mrsldr said:
oh i forgot. the question is what if for example mu husband is not approved as a sponsor what should we tick? withdraw or continue with the application?
In 99.9% of cases, you should tick "withdraw".

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
zardoz said:
In 99.9% of cases, you should tick "withdraw".
This is the first time I'm hearing that 'withdraw' should be ticked off. I thought it would make more sense from a legal POV that 'continue' would be a better choice. I just assumed that, because in some way they see that you do not want to give up on your spouse and are willing to take any risk necessary to get them back. I could be HORRIBLY wrong in that assumption!!!
Can you expand a bit on this please? I'd greatly appreciate it (since i'm filing in August)
Thanks!!! =D

Angie

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Withdrawing allows you to regroup and resubmit once you have fixed whatever the issue is. You save a lot of the fees as well.
What if I do not meet the sponsorship requirements?

If you do not qualify as a sponsor and chose to withdraw your sponsorship application, you will be refunded the fees for processing the application for a permanent resident visa and any Right of Permanent Residence Fees you have paid. There will be no decision on the application for permanent residence of the person you are sponsoring and you will not have a right of appeal. You could then resolve the situation leading to your ineligibility and reapply at a later date.

If you do not qualify as a sponsor and have not notified CPC-M of your intent to withdraw, the application of the person you are sponsoring will be processed. The visa office will likely refuse the application for permanent residence and inform you in writing of your right to appeal.

Note: You can notify CPC-M of your intent by checking the appropriate box on your Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking (IMM 1344). See instructions on how to complete the form for additional details.

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
b4roness said:
This is the first time I'm hearing that 'withdraw' should be ticked off. I thought it would make more sense from a legal POV that 'continue' would be a better choice. I just assumed that, because in some way they see that you do not want to give up on your spouse and are willing to take any risk necessary to get them back. I could be HORRIBLY wrong in that assumption!!!
Can you expand a bit on this please? I'd greatly appreciate it (since i'm filing in August)
Thanks!!! =D

Angie
For family class sponsorship, if there is no eligible sponsor, there is no sponsorship or undertaking. The application will be refused without a sponsor. You lose all your money and you waste time in between. I doubt there's any sentiment involved.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Aah. But, the only issue i see is with the sponsor being ineligible.
If the sponsor is very eligible, but you just happen to get a horrible VO, (rare but you never know...) who refuses you on the grounds of one wrong question (i'm exaggerating on this part a bit lol), would you be able to appeal then? Or is it still better to just tick off 'withdraw' and when you reapply, would they look at your application apprehensively? The only reason i ask is because in other forums, i read quite the opposite when it came to that tiny box (withdraw or proceed). A couple of people said because they withdrew, they had issues reapplying later (they were questioned as to why they withdrew, etc).
Sorry if this all sounds insane but better to ask than be sorry later on =)

Again, thanks all!!!

Angie

Brooksee

Star Member
May 22, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 14/13
AOR Received.
Mar 11/13- April 2/13
File Transfer...
Mar 11/13
Med's Done....
Dec 20/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July30/13
VISA ISSUED...
July30/13
LANDED..........
Aug19/13
Yaaaaaaa!

The wife got the call today to go get her visa on Tuesday.
SO HAPPY!!!!!!

GOD BLESS

Morrigan

Jul 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 17 2013
AOR Received.
August 30 2013
File Transfer...
September 12 2013
Med's Done....
July 29 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 28
VISA ISSUED...
November 05
LANDED..........
Sometime in February/2014
Besides the Checklist sponsor , do we also need to add the Region Instruction checklist, in my case,Latin America IMM3908. Or is it just an instruction guide that should not be added to the process?
:-( Help!

willis

Apr 29, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-1-2013
Doc's Request.
04-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
04-02-2014- ReMed Request
Med's Done....
1st- 28-07-2012 2nd- 07-02-2014
Interview........
Nope
VISA ISSUED...
March 22 2014
LANDED..........
April 26 2014
Team-

I have a question I hope someone can help us with...

My wife is coming to visit me in Canada for 3 months, while we are going through the spousal sponsorship through Vienna VO...file was transferred on Feb 14 (nice day:) but nothing yet...still Application Received on ecas.

We did her meds way back in September 2013, and our assumption is they will expire, due to the process taking longer than expected.

My question is, if while she is here, Vienna requests a re-med, can my wife get it done in Canada and then send them to the office? Or does she have to do them in her home country of Holland?

What would that process entail?

Does anyone know??

Also- does anyone have ANY contact with Vienna in the last 5 months....I almost feel they are closed :-(

Thanks!!!

Willis

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
Hi everyone,

My spouse's second medical tests expire in October 2013... I'm wondering if its possible that we may be asked to redo a third medical? Has anyone ever run into this situation? Our file is still in process and we are told to be patient....

blueboom

Aug 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
September 27, 2012
File Transfer...
November 7, 2012
Med's Done....
August 27, 2012
Interview........
waived (DM April 19, 2013)
Passport Req..
May 2, 2013 (non visa-exempt)
VISA ISSUED...
June 11, 2013
LANDED..........
June 23, 2013
b4roness said:
Aah. But, the only issue i see is with the sponsor being ineligible.
If the sponsor is very eligible, but you just happen to get a horrible VO, (rare but you never know...) who refuses you on the grounds of one wrong question (i'm exaggerating on this part a bit lol), would you be able to appeal then? Or is it still better to just tick off 'withdraw' and when you reapply, would they look at your application apprehensively? The only reason i ask is because in other forums, i read quite the opposite when it came to that tiny box (withdraw or proceed). A couple of people said because they withdrew, they had issues reapplying later (they were questioned as to why they withdrew, etc).
Sorry if this all sounds insane but better to ask than be sorry later on =)

Again, thanks all!!!

Angie
A second application will be questioned and more scrutinized no matter what, regardless of what box was checked off. In the case where the sponsor is found to be ineligible, CIC will want to know why the sponsor was not eligible (bankruptcy, violence, welfare, etc.). If the sponsor is found to be eligible, then the checkbox is no longer relevant because the application won't be withdrawn due to sponsor ineligibility unless the sponsor requests at some other point to withdraw the application. A withdrawal of the application due to an ineligible sponsor is not nearly as difficult to deal with or explain as a refusal in the second stage due to the applicant not meeting the most basic requirement. An applicant without an eligible sponsor is not a member of family class sponsorship and that is why the majority of cases should select withdraw in the event of an ineligible sponsor.

The checkbox is only relevant for the first stage of processing where the sponsor is evaluated. If a VO refuses the application in the second stage, if it is an outland application, an appeal can be filed.

Altruist_22

Apr 18, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF- 26-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2014
Hi guys this seems to be a right thread for me, just had few questions,

Here are my details,

I am currently on a PGWP that expires in a week. What are my options to extend the stay in Canada?
My GF is a PR in Canada and we have been living together since one year and can prove it as we have lease papers on our names, If we get married in Canada, Can I extend my stay in Canada? When can i apply for it? Do i go Implied status? if yes then When? And do we need to show wedding photographs? if we get married in canada by law?

A reply on this would really help pls guys...

THanks.

vsingh89

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
Altruist_22 said:
Hi guys this seems to be a right thread for me, just had few questions,

Here are my details,

I am currently on a PGWP that expires in a week. What are my options to extend the stay in Canada?
My GF is a PR in Canada and we have been living together since one year and can prove it as we have lease papers on our names, If we get married in Canada, Can I extend my stay in Canada? When can i apply for it? Do i go Implied status? if yes then When? And do we need to show wedding photographs? if we get married in canada by law?

A reply on this would really help pls guys...

THanks.
they will ask for lot of proof joint bank acount insurance paper utility bill wedding pic,ur family pic with their family pic many more