Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
parker24 said:
Yes there is. Was that your question?
I bet the question was "Why do they have these cryptic questions without any guidance how to answer them?"

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Afternoon all (or morning),

I was just informed by the only certified med practitioner in the motherland (Croatia) that I need to provide some IME number in order for him to perform the medical. Then i read up on a separate post on here that Spousal PR apps do NOT need this number, and can still have the medical done up front, instead of waiting for the med docs to be mailed to them.

Anyone else been through this?

Thanks!

Angie

ALLY06

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
02-21-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
Eeek! PPR received TODAY!

"In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø You have provided a copy and not the Original FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate. This must be received at this office by: 09/24/2013

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below."

I was worried we had not sent in the original FBI clearance and I was right ...luckily I have the original at my parents house (I happen to be in the US now). Am I OK to send in this original even though it is from December/expired?

Thanks!

hrahri

Jul 24, 2013
Hi I am Canadian citizen and I applied spousal visa for my wife who lives in pakistan (on nov 2011 and we recved file no. On jan 2012 and on 20 June 2013 she received a letter to send them re police clearance certificate along with some additional forms and right away she filled the requirement please kindly reply me what would further procedure or steps are left

Thank you!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ALLY06 said:
Eeek! PPR received TODAY!

"In order to continue processing your application, the following is required:

Ø You have provided a copy and not the Original FBI Clearance: If your residence period in the USA has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original FBI clearance certificate. This must be received at this office by: 09/24/2013

Ø COPY OR SCANNED IMAGE of your passport and passports of your accompanying family members, as noted below."

I was worried we had not sent in the original FBI clearance and I was right ...luckily I have the original at my parents house (I happen to be in the US now). Am I OK to send in this original even though it is from December/expired?

Thanks!
No, that one won't work. It needs to be within the past three months. Apply for another one, send the VO your scanned passport attachment and tell them you have applied (show proof if you can) and will send to them once you get it. That way, they won't have to ask for your PP again :) Congrats!

ALLY06

Star Member
Oct 8, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
02-21-2013
Med's Done....
08-01-2013
Passport Req..
24-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-09-2013
parker24 said:
No, that one won't work. It needs to be within the past three months. Apply for another one, send the VO your scanned passport attachment and tell them you have applied (show proof if you can) and will send to them once you get it. That way, they won't have to ask for your PP again :) Congrats!
I will do that right away - thank you! Do you think this will delay my COPR to the 11 weeks (or however long it takes) for the new FBI check to reach the VO? I really hope that this will be enough... :-[

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
ALLY06 said:
I will do that right away - thank you! Do you think this will delay my COPR to the 11 weeks (or however long it takes) for the new FBI check to reach the VO? I really hope that this will be enough... :-[
Sadly yes, but the upside is, once they get it, the COPR should go out that day or the next day as they would already have the copy of your passport! Just remember, the FBI report goes to you first, then you will send it to CIC.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
parker24 said:
Sadly yes, but the upside is, once they get it, the COPR should go out that day or the next day as they would already have the copy of your passport! Just remember, the FBI report goes to you first, then you will send it to CIC.
Try asking the FBI to expedite. Tell them you were given 30 days to provide the certificate, provide an express return envelope, and ask them to expedite if possible. You never know.

k84

Jul 31, 2012
hi everyone,
can anybody help me with this question. we got a letter from cic etobicoke saying that we are pleased to inform u that a final decision on ur perm residency application will b made at an interview on 1st aug 2013...................plz bring ur passport, 2 PR photos,temp SIN and ur spouse. i just want to know is the landing interview or something else........i m too nervous ..plzzzzzzzz help

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
saint4peace said:
Hi friends: Got a quick question. My wife received a request from VO to send Re-medical examination results, 4 passport photos, and updated filled out Form IMM5669 Schedule-A. No PPR yet.
Query: If she wants to complete and update the Form IMM5669 Schedule-A, does she need to mention all those jobs in filling out Question: 8 (Personal History) that she changed in last one year or so ? Because we did not realize that we should have update CIC, if the applicant changes her jobs. My wife changed 2 jobs over the past one year and was unemployed for couple of months back home.
Would this affect the application process, if she update all those changes, at once, since she has to do it now anyway.
Any advise would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance for taking your time.
Hi saint4peace: I got to do the same last week. So what I did was just filled out or added any new information in the Form IMM 5669 E. It is better to update CIC time to time any change in employment or other changes in personal life. However, if you update any changes that occurred in the past year, there is no harm. No worries! Send them the Form with updated information. It should be that simple and plain.

MARILH

Jul 24, 2013
please can you help me with some information about sponsorship and work?

Hello!I have just registered in this forum!I m so happy that I finally found information about immigration and so many people with the intention to help each other!This post was really helpful!!I would like to ask some questions too.My husband is a Canadian citizen and he lived in Greece after the age of 5. He has both Canadian and Greek citizenship.We are married for 3 years.I m Greek citizen.We decided to come to Canada to live permanently. We arrived one month ago (27 JUNE 2013).I came as a tourist with a return ticket(27 OCTOBER 2013).Our uncle gave us a house to live for free in Toronto.My husband is now searching fir a job in order to sponsor me .We will apply for inland spousal sponsorship. Will he be able to sponsor me as soon as he gets the job? when and how can I ask for a work permit too?I m a doctor but I have to pass some exams to recognize my diploma and then I have to repeat my training in a Canadian hospital because they do not accept the fact that I was trained as a family physician in Europe.All this recognition process will take at least 2 yrs. I want to work in the meantime anywhere else just to earn some money. So I wonder after I send the application form from inside Canada for the PR Visa can I apply for work permit?How long should I wait for this?where will I apply for temporary work permit?My husband and I were working in Greece and had common tax income statement.Can we use a translated copy of it as an extra proof for the validity of our marriage? Do I have to pass IELTS exams for the PR Visa through family sponsorship? i know i ll need it for the recognition of my degree of Medicine but is it necessary for Visa too? What about the processing times concerning inland spousal sponsorship?And a last question! They ask about police certificates in the documents checklist. I have police certificates translated in English by the ministry of foreign affairs in Athens that confirm that we were permanent residents in Greece both me and my husband.is that OK? I know I made a lot of questions but please help me because I m really stressed and I try to figure out the best way to make it! ??? Many thanks in advance! Take care all of you and I wish you to make it too soon!! :) :)

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
IvanP said:
Try asking the FBI to expedite. Tell them you were given 30 days to provide the certificate, provide an express return envelope, and ask them to expedite if possible. You never know.
Just an FYI for the FBI, I sent mine out to them back in early May, and STILL nothing. My husband even wrote a 'super' nice notice begging them to expedite it because we needed to file asap. It's now the end of July, nothing.
Don't wanna freak anyone out, because i saw in another forum that people who sent the FBI papers at the same time as me have all gotten the documents already. So, just in case someone else is still missing theirs, you're not alone. I'll keep you all posted when it comes in so we get a 'max' time on these as well, because the minimum wait time is about a month.

Angie

getcanadavisa

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
By mistake two MP's ask for our status. Once from my current area and other from the past where I was living. I was in good terms with office from old area and just ask for suggestion and they did inquiry. Even thought they act in good faith but i never asked them to do an inquiry. Since my we applied from April - 2012 i was looking for as many suggestions as possible...
can this create any further trouble or negative remark on our file......
thanks
getCanadaVisa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: please can you help me with some information about sponsorship and work?

MARILH said:
Hello!I have just registered in this forum!I m so happy that I finally found information about immigration and so many people with the intention to help each other!This post was really helpful!!I would like to ask some questions too.My husband is a Canadian citizen and he lived in Greece after the age of 5.
Your husband doesn't need a job to sponsor you. And no - you don't need to take the IELTS. You will need to obtain new police certificates before you submit your application. You cannot use the certificate you have now. Police certificates cannot be more than three months old at the time they are received by CIC.

If you apply using the inland (within Canada) method, you will qualify for an open work permit once your application has first stage approval. This is currently taking around 6 months from the time the application is recieved.

shan30

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2013
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
August 1, 2013
Med's Done....
June 19, 2013
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
November 07, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
November 12, 2013
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi Guys

Just a quick question.

Has anyone sent an email to CPC-M and got a reply? I sent an email regarding a mistake they made on a name when filing the application. Just want to make sure they check the email and reply.

Thanks