Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
February 2015
LANDED..........
February 2015
I am not very sure but let me tell you something which might help you. I think it will be better for you to apply through India instead of Pakistan because from Pakistan it is gonna take 29 Months while through India it is gonna take only 6-9 Months.
Baadshah said:
Hello - I am getting married and my spouse is Indian National but has been living in Pakistan since 2012 on a Visitor's visa as she had applied for permanent residence there. She hasn't received any IDs in Pakistan yet.

My question is whether she should fill in the application for India or Pakistan.

Thanks.
Altruist_22 said:
Hi vsingh89 thanks for the reply but what if my parents and her parents are not in canada right now and we get married in the court and get a marriage certificate? the other question was when can i extend my work permit or when would i go in implied status?
Baadshah said:
Hello - I am getting married and my spouse is Indian National but has been living in Pakistan since 2012 on a Visitor's visa as she had applied for permanent residence there. She hasn't received any IDs in Pakistan yet.

My question is whether she should fill in the application for India or Pakistan.

Thanks.
Baadshah said:

Thanks.
10#msg2447110 date=1374896945]

Thanks.
[/quote]
Altruist_22 said:
Hi vsingh89 thanks for the reply but what if my parents and her parents are not in canada right now and we get married in the court and get a marriage certificate? the other question was when can i extend my work permit or when would i go in implied status?
Baadshah said:

Thanks.

LauraGonzalez

Jul 26, 2013
Hello, I hope someone can provide some advice because my husband and I are very distraught.

Yesterday our lawyer called saying he had been refused for permanent residency because he included his
children in his application and then decided to remove them, so apparently immigration is afraid that he will
one day want to bring them to Quebec.

The reason we removed them is because his son has heart problems and we figured it would be easier if
we did not include them in the application. He came here on a work permit which has been
renewed annually for the past 4 years. We decided to go for sponsorship and we got married in April.
Everything seemed to be fine up to now.

Immigration is asking him to have his kids pass the medical etc... He is not on good terms with his ex and it
would be dangerous for them to travel.

The thought of not being with each other is driving us crazy. Any helpful advice please because even our
lawyer doesn't know what to do.

We don't know what are options are. Can we appeal? Can we re-apply?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
LauraGonzalez said:
Hello, I hope someone can provide some advice because my husband and I are very distraught.

Yesterday our lawyer called saying he had been refused for permanent residency because he included his
children in his application and then decided to remove them, so apparently immigration is afraid that he will
one day want to bring them to Quebec.

The reason we removed them is because his son has heart problems and we figured it would be easier if
we did not include them in the application. He came here on a work permit which has been
renewed annually for the past 4 years. We decided to go for sponsorship and we got married in April.
Everything seemed to be fine up to now.

Immigration is asking him to have his kids pass the medical etc... He is not on good terms with his ex and it
would be dangerous for them to travel.

The thought of not being with each other is driving us crazy. Any helpful advice please because even our
lawyer doesn't know what to do.

We don't know what are options are. Can we appeal? Can we re-apply?
His children need to be included on the application regardless of whether they will come to Canada or not. Your lawyer should have advised you of this and the consequences involved in removing them. You need a new lawyer.

His relationship with his ex-wife can only be a factor if he has absolutely no access to his children either by court order or by time and distance. He would have to provide proof of this.

I think you should be able to appeal.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Baadshah said:

Thanks.
I am assuming that she has an Indian passport since she traveled to Pakistan.

Since you plan to getting married to her and she will move to Canada eventually, is it important for her to get residency in Pakistan?

If you like NOT to complicate matters, then I would suggest that she move back to India, you two get married in India and then she continues to reside in India till the Application process is finished.

Note that, if she is in India and is an Indian national, then your application process may finish at least 1 year earlier if she is in Pakistan. But of course it is up-to you two what to do.

Also, if you and her now decides that she will move back to India, then I suggest that she not talk about her applying for residency in Pakistan to anyone else.

Sharam

Dec 25, 2012
Hi everybody
just wanted to tell you that my wife got the golden email. I think it happened too fast and I still cant believe it.
here is my timeline :
app received by CIC : 6 Feb 2013
sponsorship approval: 27 Feb 2013
in process : 12 june 2013
Visa Confirmation Email: 16 july 2013

I posted couple of question to this forum and you guys answered all and helped me to get through this process.

wish you all the best.

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
Sharam said:
Hi everybody
just wanted to tell you that my wife got the golden email. I think it happened too fast and I still cant believe it.
here is my timeline :
app received by CIC : 6 Feb 2013
sponsorship approval: 27 Feb 2013
in process : 12 june 2013
Visa Confirmation Email: 16 july 2013

I posted couple of question to this forum and you guys answered all and helped me to get through this process.

wish you all the best.
Wow!! Congrats! :)...when did u send ur passport to the visa office?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
5 Months to get a PPR is like winning the lottery. Congrats.

hsrad

Jun 19, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-10-2009
Doc's Request.
22-12-2009
File Transfer...
30-12-2009 (complete package sent 30-03-2010)
LANDED..........
Feb 2013
Hi.

I am a permanent resident of Canada and my wife came to Canada on Multiple entry visit visa in Nov 2012, and had stayed since. I applied for sponsorship and in Feb 2013, I got the file number from CIC. Is my my wife currently legally staying in Canada and can she continue to stay while sponsorship file is being processed?

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My spouse just received Passport Request this month. The visa office asked that 4 copies of Passport size also be sent.

So far all photo that we sent (for original application submission and then subsequent re-medical test) have been 35cm x 45 cm (as per CIC's photo specification). Now,when they asked for these 4 photo, their was no specification. So, do we still sent the same size?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
hsrad said:
Hi.

I am a permanent resident of Canada and my wife came to Canada on Multiple entry visit visa in Nov 2012, and had stayed since. I applied for sponsorship and in Feb 2013, I got the file number from CIC. Is my my wife currently legally staying in Canada and can she continue to stay while sponsorship file is being processed?
Strictly speaking, no she is not legally in the country. Yes, she can probably stay until it's completed. There is an allowance for applicants that are out of status. However, it would be a very good idea to bring her back into status again.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
goodman36 said:
My spouse just received Passport Request this month. The visa office asked that 4 copies of Passport size also be sent.

So far all photo that we sent (for original application submission and then subsequent re-medical test) have been 35cm x 45 cm (as per CIC's photo specification). Now,when they asked for these 4 photo, their was no specification. So, do we still sent the same size?
If you go to the photo store and ask for passport size photos I'm sure they will know the dimensions.

LauraGonzalez

Jul 26, 2013
Hi there,

Bless your soul for responding.

We are so lost, vulnerable and desperate.

I don't know exactly how this website works, but it took me practically a whole day just to
figure out how to read your message and how to respond. I don't even know if everyone
can see my post. Must be the nerves.

If we appeal, we can't re-appeal. That would be the final decision right?

Not sure if appealing or just reapplying would be best.

I really need some words of encouragement. I know that's not fair for you.

Thank you for taking the time to answer, you are a good person.

Laura

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
LauraGonzalez said:
Hi there,

Bless your soul for responding.

We are so lost, vulnerable and desperate.

I don't know exactly how this website works, but it took me practically a whole day just to
figure out how to read your message and how to respond. I don't even know if everyone
can see my post. Must be the nerves.

If we appeal, we can't re-appeal. That would be the final decision right?

Not sure if appealing or just reapplying would be best.

I really need some words of encouragement. I know that's not fair for you.

Thank you for taking the time to answer, you are a good person.

Laura
Maybe this can help you. Click on the link:

http://mtcsalc.org/en/publications/immigration/immigration-appeal-rights-and-process/?p=2

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2013; Second Meds Done: 30-11-2014
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello everyone. I posted a few times on this forum but I'm not getting much replies that will help me, sometimes not getting a reply at all. Maybe posting here will get me a reply?

I am a Canadian citizen and I want to sponsor my husband who is in Iraq. We want the fastest way possible for him to be here with me because I need to start university as soon as possible. I know we have a few options, I'm just not sure which one would be best for us. My husband is working in the Iraqi military and he has not completed his education. He doesn't have a diploma, degree, or certificate of any kind. A few options I had in mind are:

1. If it is possible to get him a work permit, even though he does not have much education, we could bring him into Canada with a work permit and then apply for spouse sponsorship inland. He could then extend his work permit or get an open work permit. But I'm not sure if there's any kind of work permit he could get with his education level? Does anyone know if there is any way he can get into Canada for work in his situation?

2. We could get him a tourist visa and then apply for sponsorship inland. I understand that to get a visitor visa, we need to convince officers that he has a reason to go back at the end of his stay and will do so. I thought we could say that he has his job back at home, which is in the military, but then I was told that it wouldn't be a good idea to do that because he will be denied entry or PR or something. I got very confused because I asked a few people about this and I was told he would be denied, but I'm not sure what or how or why... He would be in Canada as a visitor and then we apply for sponsorship and then couldn't he just extend his visa?

3. Another idea would be to start the sponsorship outland (in Amman) and then get him a visitor visa? I talked to a lawyer and he said that we could do that and say that he wants to come visit me (his wife) for Eid and his reason to go back would be the military, but then other people told me this wasn't a good idea either... that when he is given his PR, he would have to go back to Amman to receive and also for the interview if there is one.

4. Our very last option would be to do the sponsorship in Amman and just wait and come back together. This is not going to work very well for us, even though it seems to be the easiest way, because I need to be back again by September 2014 for university.

More information: I don't have money in a bank account, nor do I have a bank account right now. I have never done any tax papers or anything like that as I am 19 now and I only got a job a couple days ago. Does any of this matter?

Any input or advice as to what to do would be great because we are completely lost in all this!