Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
TRV = temporary resident visa. You should have a study permit and a temporary resident visa.

You came from the UK, but you aren't a British citizen, right?

You can ask to restore your status as a visitor - get a new TRV. It will cost more since you let your status expire, but it is possible. Although not guaranteed Canada will say yes.

How did you apply for PR? To Vegreville or your home country? This is important. We need to know so we can give you proper advice.

CIC doesn't have exit controls, so they won't be knocking at your door tomorrow demanding you leave. I do think given your PR application and your baby, you have a better case than most to get a new TRV though. When you tell us which visa office you applied to, we can give better direction.

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
amikety said:
I submitted to Vergreville. I am not British.

My TRV and study permit expired same time.

thx alot

TRV = temporary resident visa. You should have a study permit and a temporary resident visa.

You came from the UK, but you aren't a British citizen, right?

You can ask to restore your status as a visitor - get a new TRV. It will cost more since you let your status expire, but it is possible. Although not guaranteed Canada will say yes.

How did you apply for PR? To Vegreville or your home country? This is important. We need to know so we can give you proper advice.

CIC doesn't have exit controls, so they won't be knocking at your door tomorrow demanding you leave. I do think given your PR application and your baby, you have a better case than most to get a new TRV though. When you tell us which visa office you applied to, we can give better direction.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
soniabrowne1 said:
Please help me, I came to Canada as an international student from the UL to school in Toronto. Prior to that, I have been chatting with my partner since Dec 2010 online while I was in the uk which I have some emails and chats. Upon landing, I attended school for Aug 2011-oCT 2011 in Toronto of which I visited him in Alberta 5 times during that period. I later relocated to Alberta end October and applied for a school in his city of which I was admitted to start in January 2012 because of the strain distance was posing. I started school in Jan 2012 and attended till April 2012 where I had to stop/defer because I was pregnant and having morning sickness. Lest I forgot, we got married March 17, 2012 just 4ish months after I moved to his city. Unfortunately that pregnancy didnt stay so I had to restart school in Sebtember 2012. I couldnt do summer because I was ill and recovering. I registered in September and same thing happened, I found out I was pregnant in October 2012 and was ill from the pregnancy. I had to stop again and defer till the following semester which was Januaary 2013. I happily started in January while I was about 4months preg and in March 25, 2013 my doctor/OB gave me a letter to withdraw because it was a high risk pregnancy with some complications. My husband and I put in my application in April 2013 and it was received on the 11th of April 2013. I had my baby after undergoing a brain surg and C/Section on May 28 2013 although premature, he is doing great.

My question/Concerns
_ My student visa expired June 30 which is last month and my PR hasnt moved stage other than application received...Whats my fate?
-Would I be kicked out of the country as I have no status?
-Can I reapply for student visa to continue studies although that would be after my baby is about 6 months...Would I be granted a student visa when its obvious I wont be attending school anytime soon/.
-Can I be deported with my baby?
-What can I DO? What rights or opportunities do I have?

Thanks a lot
Did you apply via the Inland or Outland process? If you applied via the INLAND process, you would have sent your application to CPC-V (Vegreville, AB) and if you applied via the OUTLAND process, you would have sent your application to CPC-M (Mississauga).

If you filed an inland application, you don't need to be in status - though it's always best to STAY in status iif you can. In your case, you will want to apply for a temporary status document (visitor status, for example). If you applied via the inland process, you can apply for an "open work permit" (which doesn't mean you have to work, it just means you CAN work and makes things like health care easier to obtain.) That should have been included with the original application - if it was, then you still have status under the "implied status" doctrine.

Assuming you were inland and you didn't file a temporary application with your PR applicatikon you have two choices to return to status: (1) you can submit a temporary status application to CPC-V now and ask them to add it to your file (to be granted at the time AIP is granted); (2) You can apply for restoration of status (student or visitor) and then for temporary status. (1) will cost you the application fee for the temporary status document; (2) will cost you $200 + the application fee.

Assuming you were outland you have two options: (1) you can leave Canada (nothing prevents you from returning); or (2) you can apply for restoration of status (you have 90 days from the expiration date of your original status) and apply for visitor status ("awaiting the completion of my PR application...") or other temporary status (though as you point out, they aren't likely to approve student status.)

It's likely that your medical condition would assist you in explaining your overstay and thus in making a reasonable case for restoration of status (and note that "restoration of status" can be used to gain visitor status even though your previous status was as a student. See IP 6 Section 5.8 (Restoration).

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Since you are here with an Inland application, you need to submit a temporary status application with your PR application. You will be out of status until you get AIP but as has been observed, CBSA is not going to knock on your door and ask you to leave at this point without a reason for doing so. It is the public policy to suspend processing of removal orders for inland applicants anyway. It is discretionary for CBSA prior to AIP but I don't see anything in your case that would suggest they would pursue you at the present time.

You don't need a TRV because you won't be returning to Canada. A TRV is a travel document, allowing you to travel to Canada (e.g., on an airline).

mastmunda.longi

Mar 6, 2013
hi everyone,i am a canadian citizen n i wanna call my boyfriend here.he lives in india.so i need to know that wat can i write in a invitation letter for tourist visa.and m i eligible for that i m 18 n studying.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mastmunda.longi said:
hi everyone,i am a canadian citizen n i wanna call my boyfriend here.he lives in india.so i need to know that wat can i write in a invitation letter for tourist visa.and m i eligible for that i m 18 n studying.

;D

magessss

Jun 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-16-2013
File Transfer...
Jan-18-2013
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL (JAN-6-2014)
Med's Done....
1st medical Aug-7-2012, 2nd medical Jan 27-2014
Interview........
Jan-6-2014
Passport Req..
March-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
OMG OMG VISA March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
April 17, 2014 (Thursday)
amikety said:
So, just to understand (you have a lot of needless information in your post and it's difficult to pick out what is needed)......

You're married to a Canadian citizen or PR?

You've filed a Spousal PR application? Did you apply Inland or Outland? Vegreville or your home country?

You're currently on a student visa which is expired? What about your TRV? You can stay, even if you withdraw, until your TRV expires. You and your husband can also apply to extend your TRV, although no guarantee it will be granted.

Your baby is Canadian. He cannot be deported. In fact, if you leave Canada, the baby cannot go with you without the father's written permission.

If you are deported (its impossible to tell whether or not you're at risk from your post), the baby cannot stop that fact. Neither can your husband. You overstayed your visa, which you promised not to overstay.

The fact you had brain surgery and all the other issues, medical, school, etc, are all irrelevant to your case.

If you don't have a valid TRV, you need to fix your status NOW. You are responsible to stay in status.

Sounds like a typical fraud case. How can you have so many things going on with you and yet you are talking like you want to stay here but not taking any responsibility over your status. I cannot believe this why are you in a mess.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
magessss said:
Sounds like a typical fraud case. How can you have so many things going on with you and yet you are talking like you want to stay here but not taking any responsibility over your status. I cannot believe this why are you in a mess.
I've seen plenty of reports of fraud cases on here, but I've never seen one where someone used a brain injury/illness and pregnancy in order to justify their (very recent) overstay. She's not even 30 days overstayed at this point, she has been ill and has a newborn baby. I've never known any new parent who was getting enough sleep during the first month after bringing a newborn home. So personally, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Further, my read is that she wants to fix her status issue. She might have made a very common inland mistake by not submitting a temporary status application along with her permanent status application, but that's hardly grounds for what seems like a rather harsh judgmental position. Further, she knows it's an issue and she wants to rectify it.

People seldom post all the details of their case on the forum here - they are looking for advice because they are scared or confused, exactly the times when people are not necessarily willing or able to share everything with us. That doesn't make them fraudulent, it makes them human.

opmama

Star Member
Sep 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-17-2013
AOR Received.
07-17-2013
File Transfer...
07-23-2013
computergeek said:
That doesn't make them fraudulent, it makes them human.

magessss

Jun 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-16-2013
File Transfer...
Jan-18-2013
Med's Request
RE MEDICAL (JAN-6-2014)
Med's Done....
1st medical Aug-7-2012, 2nd medical Jan 27-2014
Interview........
Jan-6-2014
Passport Req..
March-9-2013
VISA ISSUED...
OMG OMG VISA March 22, 2014
LANDED..........
April 17, 2014 (Thursday)
computergeek said:
I've seen plenty of reports of fraud cases on here, but I've never seen one where someone used a brain injury/illness and pregnancy in order to justify their (very recent) overstay. She's not even 30 days overstayed at this point, she has been ill and has a newborn baby. I've never known any new parent who was getting enough sleep during the first month after bringing a newborn home. So personally, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Further, my read is that she wants to fix her status issue. She might have made a very common inland mistake by not submitting a temporary status application along with her permanent status application, but that's hardly grounds for what seems like a rather harsh judgmental position. Further, she knows it's an issue and she wants to rectify it.

People seldom post all the details of their case on the forum here - they are looking for advice because they are scared or confused, exactly the times when people are not necessarily willing or able to share everything with us. That doesn't make them fraudulent, it makes them human.
I am very sorry if I hurt anybody but my intentions was not like it. I have an advice for her, she can still fix her status by getting her medial background from the doctor and also you should go to the embassy right now please please don't delay in your case. They will issue you a temporary visa to stay with your newly born and since you are also ill it will be granted for sure. Once again I AM VERY SORRY ON WHAT I HAVE SAID and I PREY FOR YOU FROM MY BOTTOM OF THE HEART THAT YOU GET WELL SOON AND THAT YOU GET YOUR STATUS FIX.

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
computergeek said:
Thanks very much for your reply. Please for those that call me fraud, I have nothing to say in reply other than to thank God I am alive after spending months in hospital. I actually had my brain tumor taken off at foothills hospital in calgary after spending months there waiting for baby to reach a survival age of 7months where both surgeries were performed at once. I dont have to give you all these details including the tumor leaving me blind on the left eye. All the same, thanks for all your advice and support positive and otherwise, I will try and get a letter from school to extend my student visa as you all advised. I hope they accept the extension as I have all medical documents to prove while it wasnt sent in early including letters from the neurosurgeons etc. I was only scared of deportation like the UK people do which i heard thats why I sought advice here.

Many thanks and stay blessed

soniabrowne1

Jun 3, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Veg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-04-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
magessss said:
Thanks very much for your reply. Please for those that call me fraud, I have nothing to say in reply other than to thank God I am alive after spending months in hospital. I actually had my brain tumor taken off at foothills hospital in calgary after spending months there waiting for baby to reach a survival age of 7months where both surgeries were performed at once. I dont have to give you all these details including the tumor leaving me blind on the left eye. All the same, thanks for all your advice and support positive and otherwise, I will try and get a letter from school to extend my student visa as you all advised. I hope they accept the extension as I have all medical documents to prove while it wasnt sent in early including letters from the neurosurgeons etc. I was only scared of deportation like the UK people do which i heard thats why I sought advice here.

Many thanks and stay

chati

Jul 9, 2013
can any one inform me for visit visa the Invitation letter should be original or scan copy is enough ????

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
HI Guys,

Just wanna ask something, so the Canada Post already delivered my Inland PR application, so what should i do now? Is there any notifications that CIC will give me notification that they already received my application?

Thanks,
Pritha K.