Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lacrosse said:
Hi All: I am in deep trouble. I found out through a friend in my home country that my spouse may not stay with me where I am working (Winnipeg) after coming to Canada. Because she is planning to live close to her sister in Toronto. So I have to leave my job, which I don't want to. But she always is hiding this intention to me. It is me who will be responsible for her living in Canada for 36 months, not her sister. The application already in the VISA office waiting for initial review. Now I am scared what to do. How to defend myself. One of my friends told me to withdraw the application and re-apply under the new law which was effective on October 25/26 in 2012. But if I want to withdraw the application, the VISA office will ask me - why ? and if I re-apply under the new law of living together for 2 years, I could at least get some time to understand and confirm her hidden intention. Now how can I avoid this complication of withdrawing the application and at the same time want to take the advantage of the new law of compulsory living together ? Please help me. I am thinking so many options.....but with little answers...
Why don't you ask your spouse before you start communicating with CIC?

If there is this level of deceit in your relationship, then it is in serious trouble. But you also need to be aware that sometimes "friends" tell you things they want you to hear - not because they are true, but because they influence you to do what the friend thinks is in your best interests.

If you wish to withdraw the application you can certainly do so, but I'd only do that if your relationship has ended or is ending. Otherwise, I'd suggest you focus on fixing your relationship rather than trying to use CIC policy to bludgeon your spouse into living together with you.

DVA

May 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-07-2013
File Transfer...
18-07-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
Guys.....a thought nagging my head...need advice

I got married in feb and wanted to change my name to my husbands, but we thought it would delay us in sending in our application, so i dint change it in my passport then. All the documents i have till date are in my maiden name and i havent officially changed my name in my country either.

Do you think it would be wise to apply for a change in passport now and then update cic?

If i do this, will it affect my application in anyway and will i have to get my pcc on the new passport.

OR

If i get through the process with my maiden name...how can i change my name in canada...as in... on my passport, PR card and stuff?
My passport is up for renewal in 2015 so innitialy thought we'd make the change then but then also wondering if it will be more of a hassel to change it later in canada.
Any suggestions?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
I think Computergeek is Maury Povitch in real life. Just waiting for CIC to get into the paternity test business.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
DVA ...i did not changed my name yet either but if u want to change it you need ur mariage licence and if you been maried before your old licence too..and go too the drivers licence place and get ur dl changed and from there you can do th rest cause the want see a picture id if you need to change it in bank ect..

RoscoEscobar

Jun 19, 2013
Has anyone tried to visit Canada under a Visitor's visa while their application for permanent residency is being processed outside the Country?
ie. I'm in Australia and my wife(Canadian) had to move over to Canada early. I'd like to visit if I could, but worried I'll be stopped at Customs.

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Not sure if the let you in Canada because the are afraid you wont leave..

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
RoscoEscobar said:
Has anyone tried to visit Canada under a Visitor's visa while their application for permanent residency is being processed outside the Country?
ie. I'm in Australia and my wife(Canadian) had to move over to Canada early. I'd like to visit if I could, but worried I'll be stopped at Customs.

As long as you don't go by the name Escobar you should be able to get a visitor visa and maybe even spend the rest of the process here with her.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
RoscoEscobar said:
You're visa exempt. Should be fine. Carry a copy of your AOR and/or Sponsor Approval - basically your latest update from CIC. As long as you show that you have a PR application in process, should be okay to get.

You may want proof you plan to return to Australia (such as a letter from your employer, proof of property), but many visa exempt people waiting PR have been admitted to Canada without needing that. You also should carry proof of funds for your stay.

lacrosse

Jun 26, 2013
computergeek said:
Why don't you ask your spouse before you start communicating with CIC?
If there is this level of deceit in your relationship, then it is in serious trouble. But you also need to be aware that sometimes "friends" tell you things they want you to hear - not because they are true, but because they influence you to do what the friend thinks is in your best interests.
If you wish to withdraw the application you can certainly do so, but I'd only do that if your relationship has ended or is ending. Otherwise, I'd suggest you focus on fixing your relationship rather than trying to use CIC policy to bludgeon your spouse into living together with you.
Thank you computergeek. Actually 36 months undertaking is a headache in Sponsorship Application. If, in reality, my wife wants to live there in Toronto. Then she will be fighting with me all the time once she will come here. Because a lot of information she would like to hide with me but will share with her sister. In few occasions, I came to know from her sister as well. It has been bothering me for the last few months. I am kind of undone - how to solve the issue. Because if spouse keep lying until she gets in here in Canada, how could you stop it ? I am not living with her. It is just phone call keeping us know each other. We knew each other only for few months before getting married. Factually, it is a kinda arrange marriage. I started to curse my life nowadays! Thank you anyway.

lacrosse

Jun 26, 2013
kenth11 said:
if you have doubts why not inform the CIC about it?and see what they say....

Thank you kenth11, approaching CIC may ruin the application - it is my fear. I am NOT sure. I am going to talk to a lawyer next week though.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
lacrosse said:
Thank you computergeek. Actually 36 months undertaking is a headache in Sponsorship Application. If, in reality, my wife wants to live there in Toronto. Then she will be fighting with me all the time once she will come here. Because a lot of information she would like to hide with me but will share with her sister. In few occasions, I came to know from her sister as well. It has been bothering me for the last few months. I am kind of undone - how to solve the issue. Because if spouse keep lying until she gets in here in Canada, how could you stop it ? I am not living with her. It is just phone call keeping us know each other. We knew each other only for few months before getting married. Factually, it is a kinda arrange marriage. I started to curse my life nowadays! Thank you anyway.
It sounds like you already know what you want to do, but need some backing to feel secure in your choice...........

lacrosse

Jun 26, 2013
amikety said:
It sounds like you already know what you want to do, but need some backing to feel secure in your choice...........
You might be right amikety. But what backing would be right - I am NOT sure - right now. Could you opt me few backing please.....? Thank you.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI friends,

I am really scared what should I do?

As I was dependent of my parents and was on conditional pr of business immigration.
Afterwards, I sponsored my husband as u all know.
I got file receive confirmation from cic on june 21 2013 and because of my parents and in-laws issue I sent a request by email to withdraw my application of sponsorship under pressure.
My situation is not too much good. They don't like him.
I called cic call center today. She said she can see that I applied under pnp for my pr and now I applied to sponsor my husband.

I am really confused and scared as I just messed up all my life and cic immigration file too.

I don't wanna loose my status but also don't wanna loose him.

I Got a letter in email saying that they received my email to withdraw my application.
I am totally tensed as it seems may be they didn't get my next email to reverse that.

I don't know what would happen as I messed all things.

If any one can let me know what should I do. I don't know that they would contact me or not before withdrawal of this application. I just want everything okay from now.

Plz suggest me.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
lacrosse said:
You might be right amikety. But what backing would be right - I am NOT sure - right now. Could you opt me few backing please.....? Thank you.
That's a hard question to ask on this forum. We are all people who want only to be reunited with our partners so its difficult to hear of those in less than perfect situations.

Will your wife work when she gets here? Does she know how expensive Toronto can be? Will her sister pay her bills? Send her back to school to get training for a far more competitive job market?

I lived in Toronto for 30 years and have relocated to Winnipeg. I miss my friends but I don't miss anything else. If you think that your wife would rather live with her sister than her husband it may be time to pull the plug.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
Baby1990 said:
HI friends,

I am really scared what should I do?

As I was dependent of my parents and was on conditional pr of business immigration.
Afterwards, I sponsored my husband as u all know.
I got file receive confirmation from cic on june 21 2013 and because of my parents and in-laws issue I sent a request by email to withdraw my application of sponsorship under pressure.
My situation is not too much good. They don't like him.
I called cic call center today. She said she can see that I applied under pnp for my pr and now I applied to sponsor my husband.

I am really confused and scared as I just messed up all my life and cic immigration file too.

I don't wanna loose my status but also don't wanna loose him.

I Got a letter in email saying that they received my email to withdraw my application.
I am totally tensed as it seems may be they didn't get my next email to reverse that.

I don't know what would happen as I messed all things.

If any one can let me know what should I do. I don't know that they would contact me or not before withdrawal of this application. I just want everything okay from now.

Plz suggest me.
It sounds like CIC has processed the withdrawal, and I don't think you can undo the withdrawal.