N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
tamtam123 said:
I have a visa for 6 months, but I was planning to stay the summer and leave in end of August.

But the letter says the medical has to be done within 2 months
You applied outland and those are the conditions that you need to follow. Do you longer have an address in the Philippines? You would have to return to the Philippines to complete the outland process as far as I can tell. That's unfortunate. It is very difficult to get a TRV from the Philippines and even more so if you have an application pending.

I would go back do the medical and wait the 2 months to get your COPR. Its good news that you have received your PPR just bad timing.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
tamtam123 said:
I have a visa for 6 months, but I was planning to stay the summer and leave in end of August.

But the letter says the medical has to be done within 2 months
You can do the medical at any Panel Physician in the world. Just make sure they know which office so they send your medical results to the right regional medical centre. This is actually less of an issue if you use a PP who is e-medical enabled, since everything is submitted electronically.

Plus, if you have PPR, you won't have a problem getting an extension of your TRV if you need it. Further, if you are in Canada now and get your passport+counterfoil+COPR back, you can even land at a land-border crossing with immigration services.

Congratulations by the way!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
You applied outland and those are the conditions that you need to follow. Do you longer have an address in the Philippines? You would have to return to the Philippines to complete the outland process as far as I can tell. That's unfortunate. It is very difficult to get a TRV from the Philippines and even more so if you have an application pending.

I would go back do the medical and wait the 2 months to get your COPR. Its good news that you have received your PPR just bad timing.
She doesn't need to do the medical in the Philippines. ANY Panel Physician in the world can do a medical (or re-medical). Further, as long as she's OK with sending her passport to the Philippines, they should be able to send it back to her in Canada. The PPR instructions should have indicated the options for return of the passport (e.g., a prepaid courier label/envelope can be used to return it.)

Mrs.Carreon

Jun 5, 2013
Hello,

I've read your tips for sponsorship and I must say it helped a lot. I am planning to sponsor my husband. All papers are signed and I'm about to pass it when I realized that my permanent resident card is expired already. I immediately mailed all the necessary documents to immigration for PR renewal. But I'm just wondering if it's possible to include the photocopy of my old PR card in the sponsor application while I'm waiting for my new PR card. The processing time for PR card is 100 days and I don't want to wait that long to pass my sponsorship application :( I've tried calling the immigration but the call agents say different things. One advised me that my old PR card is okay provided that I write an explanation. The other two said that I can't because it's not valid anymore. :( now I don't know what to do..

Thank you so much in advance!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
computergeek said:
She doesn't need to do the medical in the Philippines. ANY Panel Physician in the world can do a medical (or re-medical). Further, as long as she's OK with sending her passport to the Philippines, they should be able to send it back to her in Canada. The PPR instructions should have indicated the options for return of the passport (e.g., a prepaid courier label/envelope can be used to return it.)
Thanks again Computergeek. Always good to have you around.

I looked high and low for more detailed info but could find nothing on the CIC website.

I had inquired at CEM in person back in 2011 just prior to getting married and was told that if my wife had received a TRV while we were getting processed she would have to return to the Philippines to submit her passport and then land from there. Thinking then the process would only take 6 months max ::) we opted not to bother with the TRV and just submit the outland app.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I had inquired at CEM in person back in 2011 just prior to getting married and was told that if my wife had received a TRV while we were getting processed she would have to return to the Philippines to submit her passport and then land from there. Thinking then the process would only take 6 months max ::) we opted not to bother with the TRV and just submit the outland app.
The rules do vary by country, of course, but as far as I know the only country where you cannot have them send it back to you is India (where they are prohibited by law from sending it outside the country by mail or courier). What people do there is authorize someone to submit their passport to NDVO and then pick it up. Most visa offices won't allow you to pick up the stamped passport now anyway, so you just send it to them and they send it back - worst case, have them send it to family and then family can forward it.

Of course, as you know, they don't always give the best or most accurate advice.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friendz
Plz help
I am so scared right now n confused too.
I was a dependent child of my parents n got PR just 8 months before n got marry with my bf who is my husband nw 6 months before. I sponsored him n sent a file just last week.
We don't live together right now. As he doesnt wanna live at my parents home feel ashamed so living at his frndz home n i m living with my pqrents
as he is trying to get job n then we decided to get marry by rituals again in november. I just want to ask that is that going to affect my pr too or going to cancel my pr. I dont want to cancel my pr. I m cobfused, is it risky go spinsor sone one.
Plz reply

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Baby1990 said:
Hi friendz
Plz help
I am so scared right now n confused too.
I was a dependent child of my parents n got PR just 8 months before n got marry with my bf who is my husband nw 6 months before. I sponsored him n sent a file just last week.
We don't live together right now. As he doesnt wanna live at my parents home feel ashamed so living at his frndz home n i m living with my pqrents
as he is trying to get job n then we decided to get marry by rituals again in november. I just want to ask that is that going to affect my pr too or going to cancel my pr. I dont want to cancel my pr. I m cobfused, is it risky go spinsor sone one.
Plz reply
As long as you are in compliance with the residency obligation (730 days in the past 5 years or at least the possibility of 730 days in your first 5 years) there is no threat to your PR.

If you are otherwise eligible to sponsor (e.g., old enough to sponsor, no criminality issues, not on social assistance, not undischarged bankrupt) and you can convince CIC that you (and your spouse) won't require social assistance, then they should approve you as sponsor.

Why would you think it might jeopardize your PR? Is there something else that you haven't mentioned that gives rise to this concern?

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, actually my family is on business visa n they have to start business in 2 yrs. So thats kind of probation period, i was just scared of that. As i have whole family here. I sponsored him but we are living seprate in different homes for time being but going to live together very soon. I m already 23 n he is 21. I qish cic dont think that this is fraud, as there are lots of fraud cases. I took a risk to sponsor him n we dont need dicial assistance. I m all cleared.is that all fine, i just dont want to loose my status in canada.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Baby1990 said:
No, actually my family is on business visa n they have to start business in 2 yrs. So thats kind of probation period, i was just scared of that. As i have whole family here. I sponsored him but we are living seprate in different homes for time being but going to live together very soon. I m already 23 n he is 21. I qish cic dont think that this is fraud, as there are lots of fraud cases. I took a risk to sponsor him n we dont need dicial assistance. I m all cleared.is that all fine, i just dont want to loose my status in canada.
The only reason they could take your PR away is if they found out you were living with him Common Law (at least a year) before you got your PR. Because then you wouldn't be a dependent child. Now that you have PR you're okay to get married and you can sponsor him.

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. I was in relationship as girlfriend for almost 1 year but i wasnot living with him as a common law as i was living seprate in a different home bht i lived with him for about 2.5 months in a home. I mention this to cic too. Is that fine or its gonna make some threat to me. :-[ plz telll

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Baby1990 said:
No. I was in relationship as girlfriend for almost 1 year but i wasnot living with him as a common law as i was living seprate in a different home bht i lived with him for about 2.5 months in a home. I mention this to cic too. Is that fine or its gonna make some threat to me. :-[ plz telll
You're fine, 2.5 months isn't enough to become common law.

Madtravel

Jun 4, 2013
Hello all!
Good to be here and get the precious knowledge on the sponsorship routine from notable experts.
Though the thread is full of useful stuff I would gently ask the seniors for the relevant advises in my particular case.
Where do I begin...Back in 2012 I got my visa stamped in the passport allowing me to step on the Canadian soil and become PR under Quebec program. So I did 4 months later by passing 5 weeks and then returned to my country of origin and haven't been to Canada since then. Before I landed I had started the relationship and it is still the case. No common low, we are from different cities and meet regularly 2-3 times per month on weekends. We spent our holiday together and a pile of photos/e-mails/skype records etc are available to prove the genuineness of the relationship. Recently we have decided to start living together for a couple of months in my city and if all proves to be fine we would move to Canada for good.
So the spouse sponsorship is on the agenda. Looking at the numerous posts around the process it is not going to be quick and easy. So would like to pick the best strategy allowing us to be together most of the time during the successful sponsorship process.
As we are from non exempt-visa country the first step is to get Visa for my gf from local VO unless we face Outland procedure with 18 months apart and ocean between us which is the less favorable scenario for us.
From here on the questions are appearing for your kind expert advises.
i. When is the best timing for the marriage in terms of having more chances to get the TRV. To what I've learned from a few threads the embassy is very reluctant to grant a spouse with TRV whether or not the sponsoring process is on the go. Might be wiser for her to apply for TRV, get it and then move to Canada where we arrange a ceremony, submit for Inland and reside for 14 months in Canada?
Though the above scenario looks logical for me I can foresee some potential pitfalls where I really in need of your expert comments.
ii. By asking TRV (say for language courses/tourist visit/invitation from me/study permit– not sure which format is the most certain) we hide the intention to start sponsorship which could mean a red flag during first stage approval which would mean a delay for working permit and overall process for months until the interview is arranged. Is that case a certain red flag for the officer? Please share your view/advises on the point. Another option could be a marriage after TRV has been received and before entering Canada but not sure if we violate any visa rules by doing this. Please advise.
iii. TRV is usually 6 months long but I head that Canadian border officers can reduce the stay which would bring extra risk to the Inland preparation in Canada with my wife's tight legal period . Is this exceptional case or rather standard one?
iv. The ceremony in Canada itself would be without parents/friends attending (as no one has visas and it is very costly to get them in Canada) – possibly more suspicions for the officer and again interview?
v. Once married in Canada my gf will change a last name. How to arrange the change in ID and police/medical papers along with the forms for Inland application. Maybe better not to change the last name and use those forms prepared in advance before we enter Canada? Is that possible to have papers (medical/police checks) done before marriage and use them for Inland or spouse status is required?
vi. Is Inland implies Always a legal status in Canada for the spouse until she gets PR?
vii. I've had my PR under Quebec immigration program – is it obligatory to apply the sponsorship package via Quebec office?

What are the areas I should pay more attention to in my case? Any other advises you feel be helpful in my situation are very welcome!
Thanks in advance.

mrrm03

Star Member
May 3, 2012
Vancouver BC
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
21-06-2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
June 18,2018
VISA ISSUED...
June 26,2018
LANDED..........
July 12,2018
Hi anybody here who had interview at CEM ?? ( canadian embassy manila) my husband was requested for an interview on july 10, 2013 with NBI, AOM & updated IMMM forms.. We just want to be prepared and know what to expect.. Thanks in advance

Baby1990

Star Member
Oct 15, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I m still confused, are you sure cic not going to cancel my pr bcz i lived with him about 2.5 months n they wud say u were living together n were in relationship of grlfrnd boyfrnd. What is actual congjual relationship. I m damn confused. What should i do.
Plz telll frndzzi am really tensed. I post before yesterday too. Plz help