waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
IvanP said:
I don't think you are correctly understanding the rule concerning bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is only a bar to sponsorship if your bankruptcy case is still pending. Once the bankruptcy case is over (discharged), you should be free to sponsor.
Hi IvanP: You are right. I really do not understand the rule concerning bankruptcy. I agree. Most of the people say it takes 7 years to get discharged or named to be omitted from the credit bureau. Is it right? Anyway, this inquiry is actually for one of my friends who likes to know about bankruptcy and 'consumer proposal'. Thank you much for your help and time.

laneaoshay

Jun 6, 2013
computergeek! thank you for an AWESOME response!
I think I feel like I have a footing on what I have to do now.
I am indebted and we appreciate your help more than you know :)

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
aarongpasha said:
Hi IvanP: You are right. I really do not understand the rule concerning bankruptcy. I agree. Most of the people say it takes 7 years to get discharged or named to be omitted from the credit bureau. Is it right? Anyway, this inquiry is actually for one of my friends who likes to know about bankruptcy and 'consumer proposal'. Thank you much for your help and time.
Bankruptcy and consumer proposal is two totally different things :)

I'm on CP and I was when I sponsored as well. It's shown on my credit check quite clearly, but it wasn't an issue. I don't know much about bankruptcy, but I know with CP, you're all good :) (Plus usually with CP, you are still paying it back. Bankruptcy, you are just starting with a clean slate, so to speak)

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
parker24 said:
Bankruptcy and consumer proposal is two totally different things :)
I'm on CP and I was when I sponsored as well. It's shown on my credit check quite clearly, but it wasn't an issue. I don't know much about bankruptcy, but I know with CP, you're all good :) (Plus usually with CP, you are still paying it back. Bankruptcy, you are just starting with a clean slate, so to speak).

Hi parker: Great answer. I quite clearly understand now. Since you have experienced yourself about CP, it is now clear to me like water. Although you are paying it back but a portion of it like one fourth or so. Right? Thank you so much for your help.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
aarongpasha said:

Hi parker: Great answer. I quite clearly understand now. Since you have experienced yourself about CP, it is now clear to me like water. Although you are paying it back but a portion of it like one fourth or so. Right? Thank you so much for your help.
Credit reports and bankruptcy cases are two separate things. A bankruptcy case is a judicial process that has a beginning and an end. Although I'm not an expert on Canadian bankruptcy, from what I've read the typical case lasts about 9 months. Cases can last up to 3 years or so if you earn more than a certain amount (if you earn more, you are expected to pay a certain portion over that amount to your creditors during the bankruptcy). After the case ends, the bankruptcy will be on your credit report for years, but CIC doesn't care about that - they only care that the judicial process is over. So you could be done with a bankruptcy in 9 months, and it would be reported on your credit report for another 6+ years, but CIC would only not allow you to sponsor during the 9 months when you are actually in a bankruptcy proceeding. Consumer proposals are essentially negotiated settlements, i.e. extra-judicial remedies to help people get out of financial trouble without resorting to bankruptcy.

If I've got that wrong, please chime in and let me know, but I think I've given a good general situation of the processes.

Chrisamiel

Jun 6, 2013
My friend is a caregiver and she finished 24 months program already. She's going to apply her open permit and PR. But she found out that her husband is reactive to hepa-B. she is asking if she still need to put his husband on her application. Is there any possiblity that the gov't denied her paper?

amma

Apr 19, 2013
Re: in land application.
I am a Canadian citizen married to a Uk spouse. currently in the UK. I have a job opportunity in back in Canada therefore we both would like to move to Canada. for an in land application does my husband need a return ticket? we got a one way ticket and just heard that they might refuse him entry. I have a offer letter from my employer.
what should we do

please help

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Chrisamiel said:
My friend is a caregiver and she finished 24 months program already. She's going to apply her open permit and PR. But she found out that her husband is reactive to hepa-B. she is asking if she still need to put his husband on her application. Is there any possiblity that the gov't denied her paper?
Hep-B is a fluid transmitted virus. I think he will have to be determined whether it is acute or chronic. I don't think that would preclude him from being admitted. If he is acute then he could possibly be clear of the virus before the application is processed to completion.

DANERIN

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
AOR Received.
21-10-2014 (SA)
File Transfer...
22-10-2014
Med's Request
Upfront- Spouse
Med's Done....
03-05-2014
Hi Guys,

I am currently here on a 1 year working holiday visa, as an Irish citizen . I married my canadian girlfriend back in March. we both currently reside in vancouver. We want to start our spouse sponsorship pretty soon. Does anybody have any recommendations on inland/outland options? ie, what would be faster/ less hassle?

MP

Jun 4, 2013
DANERIN said:
Hi Guys,

I am currently here on a 1 year working holiday visa, as an Irish citizen . I married my canadian girlfriend back in March. we both currently reside in vancouver. We want to start our spouse sponsorship pretty soon. Does anybody have any recommendations on inland/outland options? ie, what would be faster/ less hassle?
Outland for sure Danerin.. Im Irish also.. and made the mistake of applying to Vegreville.
over 6 months later havent heard a tap.
Slowest bunch of hewwers ever. Apparently if you apply in London its alot faster.

Although I am not married to my boyfriend, so maybe if you are married it makes things faster.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
The current labour dispute may not make one path any faster than the other.

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
IvanP said:
Credit reports and bankruptcy cases are two separate things. A bankruptcy case is a judicial process that has a beginning and an end. Although I'm not an expert on Canadian bankruptcy, from what I've read the typical case lasts about 9 months. Cases can last up to 3 years or so if you earn more than a certain amount (if you earn more, you are expected to pay a certain portion over that amount to your creditors during the bankruptcy). After the case ends, the bankruptcy will be on your credit report for years, but CIC doesn't care about that - they only care that the judicial process is over. So you could be done with a bankruptcy in 9 months, and it would be reported on your credit report for another 6+ years, but CIC would only not allow you to sponsor during the 9 months when you are actually in a bankruptcy proceeding. Consumer proposals are essentially negotiated settlements, i.e. extra-judicial remedies to help people get out of financial trouble without resorting to bankruptcy.
If I've got that wrong, please chime in and let me know, but I think I've given a good general situation of the processes.
Hi IvanP: Greatest reply! You get +1 from me. Your explanation gave me more room to explain this to my friend. Much much thanks to you and appreciate your time. Now it is as clear as clean water. Thanks again.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
Hi everybody ,

My wife is sponsoring me, she sent all of our papers to the Case Processing Center in Mississauga 5 days ago, and she received a message on her phone says they received the applications , but the problem when she want to check her status online , she didnt find any thing yet.

do you think it's a problem , or its normal ?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
mosaab said:
Hi everybody ,

My wife is sponsoring me, she sent all of our papers to the Case Processing Center in Mississauga 5 days ago, and she received a message on her phone says they received the applications , but the problem when she want to check her status online , she didnt find any thing yet.

do you think it's a problem , or its normal ?
Very normal. Takes about a week or two before you can check online.

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
How does CIC find out if one is undischarged bankcrupt? Who do they get this information from?