Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Leon said:
Inland has actually gotten a lot faster since I wrote the original post. Currently 6 months for first stage approval and another 8 for rest, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp If you sent an application for an open work permit with the sponsorship package, you would get it at first stage approval. If you did not, you can apply for it when you get the first stage approval.
I recently saw someone receive applicant approval in four months via Inland. That is, the applicant was approved as a PR four months after they filed their initial application - less than the normal sponsorship time. That's an outlier (they actually were interviewed) but it shows that the process either direction is highly unpredictable.

While it's never guaranteed, I've also noticed that US applicants often get DM simultaneous or within a few weeks of AIP. One reason I suspect this occurs is because things like "background checks" are nearly instantaneous for US applicants due to the extensive data sharing between Canada and the US.

Either process should lead to permanent residency - it's just unusual for US applicants to file inland and the one reason most often cited ("she or he is living with me in Canada") actually doesn't dictate which process to use. The one reason for a US applicant to file inland is because the applicant is out of status.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
zardoz said:
That's pretty much all that we could offer them. We have a letter from my Canadian parents-in-law offering us unlimited accommodation and we supplied a plan for the future as a separate letter from my Canadian wife. We have a joint bank account already in place with TD but obviously we cannot provide job offers/rental agreements etc as they simply don't exist yet. CIC make it very clear that you shouldn't make any assumptions about how long the process will take, or even if it will be successful. Therefore, committing to "possible" future plans by taking out rental agreements or purchasing property are pretty much impossible at this stage. I think CIC are aware of this.
Hope springs eternal...

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all again! Hope you all had a great weekend!

I am back, with more questions ??? :p

I need some specific -and confirmed answers on "Translations"

Let me refresh your memories- :p I will apply to sponsor common-law but everything (lease,bills, bank accounts) were under MY NAME. I have plenty of proof as far as photos(2006 to today), chats, emails, travel tickets w/ names along w/ coinciding photos are concerned and air mail sent from me to him during trips I took to Canada for Xmas/summer Holidays.

So whats is left you ask?

After going through lots of papers I've found,

I have :
1. letters he has received at these addresses
2. Government receipts and letters that were given to him in person (with the same addresses) when he would request various things at Govn offices.
3. An insurance claim he made after a road accident with our address (not on a vehicle that was his he was a passenger) where he got paid a sum. (this one is like 10 pages, is it ok to only have the one with address & official stamp translated?)
4. An affidavit signed/stamped by Police officials that stated he lived with me.(some govn official needed it)
5. The leases(2) (under my name) of where we have lived.

The question (pls be as specific as you can) FOR THE ABOVE: I want to provide them as supporting evidence of co-habitation, they are all in Greek, I'd like to have them translated ASAP (may cost me like 10 euros A PAGE :-[ ) Please advise me, do I need to have them all translated + AFFIDAVIT + CERTIFIED?

Other question: ::)
-I have his Birth Certificate (albanian)
-Family certificate (civil status = he is not married) (albanian)
-His father's death certificate (Albanian)
Again -Just would like to confirm that ALL 3 are necessary documents and once again they have to obviously be translated AND CERTIFIED AND AFFIDAVIT from the translator?

and last but not least: WHO can CERTIFY Copies? ??? I read an :-\, is a Lawyer considered an officer of the court? I cannot think of anyone else in Greece.

[size=10pt]THANK YOU all in advance!!!!!!!!!! [/size]:-* :-* :-*

Kathy

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MORENA75 said:
Hello all again! Hope you all had a great weekend!

I am back, with more questions ??? :p

I need some specific -and confirmed answers on "Translations"

Let me refresh your memories- :p I will apply to sponsor common-law but everything (lease,bills, bank accounts) were under MY NAME. I have plenty of proof as far as photos(2006 to today), chats, emails, travel tickets w/ names along w/ coinciding photos are concerned and air mail sent from me to him during trips I took to Canada for Xmas/summer Holidays.

So whats is left you ask?

After going through lots of papers I've found,

I have :
1. letters he has received at these addresses
2. Government receipts and letters that were given to him in person (with the same addresses) when he would request various things at Govn offices.
3. An insurance claim he made after a road accident with our address (not on a vehicle that was his he was a passenger) where he got paid a sum. (this one is like 10 pages, is it ok to only have the one with address & official stamp translated?)
4. An affidavit signed/stamped by Police officials that stated he lived with me.(some govn official needed it)
5. The leases(2) (under my name) of where we have lived.

The question (pls be as specific as you can) FOR THE ABOVE: I want to provide them as supporting evidence of co-habitation, they are all in Greek, I'd like to have them translated ASAP (may cost me like 10 euros A PAGE :-[ ) Please advise me, do I need to have them all translated + AFFIDAVIT + CERTIFIED?

Other question: ::)
-I have his Birth Certificate (albanian)
-Family certificate (civil status = he is not married) (albanian)
-His father's death certificate (Albanian)
Again -Just would like to confirm that ALL 3 are necessary documents and once again they have to obviously be translated AND CERTIFIED AND AFFIDAVIT from the translator?

and last but not least: WHO can CERTIFY Copies? ??? I read an :-\, is a Lawyer considered an officer of the court? I cannot think of anyone else in Greece.

[size=10pt]THANK YOU all in advance!!!!!!!!!! [/size]:-* :-* :-*

Kathy
I will try to answer so of this. Any documents you submit must be a certified translation. Any accredited translation company will provide certified translations to the global standard "EN15038". Both the translation and the original copy must be submitted.

Lawyers are officers of the court as well as judges.

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am wondering if it's better to take all these docs along with me to Canada and see if it's cheaper to translate them there, here at minimum 10 euros a page it's ridiculous ??? ??? ???

Thx for your reply! :D :-*

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MORENA75 said:
I am wondering if it's better to take all these docs along with me to Canada and see if it's cheaper to translate them there, here at minimum 10 euros a page it's ridiculous ??? ??? ???

Thx for your reply! :D :-*
I would have them translated in Canada as you would not have to have an affidavit accompany the translated copy.

"Note: An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document. Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit."

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MORENA75 said:
Again, Thanks! :D

Have you any idea of what rates are like? ::)
Just some quick Googling and the rates can vary from $0.13 to $0.26/word. I really don't know how accurate that is.

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok thanks!! :-*

I will look into it further tomorrow & see whether I should do them here (if time even allows me) or Canada, I'm still sure I'll be better of there but I am SO stressed and worried I don't know whether I am coming or going ???

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MORENA75 said:
Ok thanks!! :-*

I will look into it further tomorrow & see whether I should do them here (if time even allows me) or Canada, I'm still sure I'll be better of there but I am SO stressed and worried I don't know whether I am coming or going ???
Try to break it down into segments and just work on one segment at a time. The real stress comes with the waiting.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
I found this on translation rates.....

http://planettranslation.com/employ-rates.html

mastmunda.longi

Mar 6, 2013
HI... MY GIRLFRIEND IS CANADIAN CITIZEN.I M INDIAN.I M COMING TO CANADA IN AUGUST ON VISITOR VISA AND WILL GET MARRIED TO HER IN AUGUST.I WANNA KNOW THAT I M GETTING VISA FOR 6 MONTHS ONLY.SO DO I HAVE TO COME BACK AGAIN TO INDIA...OR I CAN STAY THERE..?? IN HOW LONG I LL GET PR??,,AN IF MY TOURIST VISA EXPIRES,LL I GET TEMPORARY VISA OR SMTHING LIKE THAT??
PLZZZ DO REPLY ME FAST..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mastmunda.longi said:
HI... MY GIRLFRIEND IS CANADIAN CITIZEN.I M INDIAN.I M COMING TO CANADA IN AUGUST ON VISITOR VISA AND WILL GET MARRIED TO HER IN AUGUST.I WANNA KNOW THAT I M GETTING VISA FOR 6 MONTHS ONLY.SO DO I HAVE TO COME BACK AGAIN TO INDIA...OR I CAN STAY THERE..?? IN HOW LONG I LL GET PR??,,AN IF MY TOURIST VISA EXPIRES,LL I GET TEMPORARY VISA OR SMTHING LIKE THAT??
PLZZZ DO REPLY ME FAST..
She needs to sponsor you for PR. If she sponsors you inland, you should apply for an open work permit at the same time. You will have implied status and can stay in Canada until you get your first stage approval and work permit. That will take about 6 months. However, you must continue to stay throughout the processing time.

If you think you might have to leave during the processing time, you should apply outland. You will not get an open work permit but you get your PR faster. You could still apply to extend your visit visa before your 6 months are up.

mhmh

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore and then London (as I'm in London from 5years)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2012
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
26/11/2022
Med's Done....
01/10/2012
Interview........
Request 16/07/14. Interview 23/07/14(London). Re-med 01/09/14
Passport Req..
23/09/14. Decision made : 20/10/14
VISA ISSUED...
16/10/14. Received : 22/10/14
LANDED..........
26/10/2014
Hi Leon,
Could u plzz give me an idea about open work permit ...
My husband is canadian citizen.my PR application is in Singapore since November 2012.i am planing to apply for a visit visa end of this month.i am a uk student so I think visit visa chances for me is very less....
What exjectly the requirement for open work permit visa!!!

Thanks....