Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: Application received

Iepi said:
Hi, on January 2013 cic in mississauga received my husband´s application to sponsor me and my son (me and my son we live in Perú).
February 2013 cic already had a decision made and sent to my husband a notification saying that they will send my application to Lima, Peru so it can be checked! already may and nothing changed since then, wonder how long do we have to wait for the status to change to IN PROCESS....

Medical was taken prior submiting my application and seems that they had received it already too, that it´s what it says in my status..

Anybody knows how long it is gonna take?
According to the CIC website, 80% of applications are completed by the Lima office within 16 months of the file reaching Lima. MOST of that time (~50%) is queue time most likely, so I wouldn't expect you to see IN PROCESS until late 2013. You might get lucky (I didn't go look at the open data project information, which shows 20%/30%/50%/70%/80% application processing times) and someone will look at your file in the summer. But 3-4 months is the minimum for almost ANY visa office to even open your file and start looking at it.

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
In form IMM0008ENU_2D, Generic Application form for Canada, question 4 says, "Immigration Office requested for processing this application." We are applying for inland permanent residency for my husband, who is from the United States. Which office do we choose? I thought it would be the CPP-O one, but that says they only process applications that have been pre-processed by Mississauga or Sydney. But those two don't list that they do PR applications to our specific situation. I am so confused. Please help!

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
americanadians said:
In form IMM0008ENU_2D, Generic Application form for Canada, question 4 says, "Immigration Office requested for processing this application." We are applying for inland permanent residency for my husband, who is from the United States. Which office do we choose? I thought it would be the CPP-O one, but that says they only process applications that have been pre-processed by Mississauga or Sydney. But those two don't list that they do PR applications to our specific situation. I am so confused. Please help!
Inland applications go to Vegreville (Alberta) for processing.

CPP-O only does Outland applications.

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
amikety said:
Inland applications go to Vegreville (Alberta) for processing.

CPP-O only does Outland applications.
Thank you so much!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
americanadians said:
Is there a reason you've chosen inland versus outland? In general, someone from a visa exempt country is better off having the visa office for their country process the application. Such a person is not required to remain in Canada while the processing is ongoing (for example) and it is often quite a bit faster (many US applicants have PR in about the same time as AIP for inland).

There ARE reasons to apply via the spouse-in-Canada class, but the reason most people often cite ("because my spouse is living in Canada with me") is actually NOT a reason to process the application via the inland route.

US citizens are in very good shape often, as if they qualify under NAFTA they can work as soon as they have a qualified job offer - no LMO required, just pick up the work permit at the border. That's better than the OWP that may be granted at AIP time (if you submit the application with the inland PR application).

The downside to inland processing is the statutory requirement that the applicant must be living with the sponsor in Canada. If the applicant leaves Canada and cannot return the application will ultimately be refused because the statutory requirement is not met.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
computergeek said:
You can certainly try that approach - it's not guaranteed to work, but as I mentioned before I've read others say that this approach worked for them.

I would think that if you have the PCC then you would not need to send in a request for one to CIC.

Option C is similar to the Notice of (Re)assessment. If the 2012 Option 'C' printout is not available, have them send the 2011 version and submit that instead. Realize that for your specific situation it's not a major issue (unlike some other sponsorship classes) but if you are concerned, submit a copy of his T2 for 2012 as well... I'd be rather surprised if they had any issues.
For the most part, as far as the marriage certificate goes, they NEED the certificate. Was told this by a consultant, and CIC call centre. Yes you can attempt it, but I think you risk them sending your application back and you haven't to start from scratch again.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
sam2013 said:
Hi guys,
Could some one please tell me, after the "DECISION MADE" is updated in cic website how long does it take to get the passport back. Maximum allowed time............
they changed the "In process" to "Decision Made" in March 25, 2013....... but still i've not received any email or passport
Any help is appreciated.

Thank you
Sam
ND VO takes time to return.. I have read on other threads...

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Hello,Seniors! :)

I have to raise this question to give some enlightenment to a friend i met today at a filipino party. She gave birth here in canada while she's in a working permit (TFW) and when her permit was about to expire she tried to renew it but got a deny response. She then sent her little one to the philippines because she was no longer working. About a month ago,she applied Restoration of Stay.

Questions: can she again bring her child here in canada? Will she be deported once the restoration is refused again? what are her other options?

Please share your opinions,she was so worried and I dont know what to tell her but about this forum, of how helpful is this to everyone. Thanks again and God bless!:)

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
weary-damsil31 said:
Hello,Seniors! :)

I have to raise this question to give some enlightenment to a friend i met today at a filipino party. She gave birth here in canada while she's in a working permit (TFW) and when her permit was about to expire she tried to renew it but got a deny response. She then sent her little one to the philippines because she was no longer working. About a month ago,she applied Restoration of Stay.

Questions: can she again bring her child here in canada? Will she be deported once the restoration is refused again? what are her other options?

Please share your opinions,she was so worried and I dont know what to tell her but about this forum, of how helpful is this to everyone. Thanks again and God bless!:)
Pretty sure her child is Canadian. She should apply for the baby's citizenship as long as she has the birth certificate.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Pretty sure her child is Canadian. She should apply for the baby's citizenship as long as she has the birth certificate.
If the baby was born in Canada and neither parent is a diplomat, the baby is already a citizen. She doesn't need to apply for citizenship for it, just a passport.

americanadians

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/05/2013
AOR Received.
22/05/2013
Med's Request
28/01/2014
Med's Done....
14/03/2014
LANDED..........
06/11/2014
computergeek said:
Is there a reason you've chosen inland versus outland? In general, someone from a visa exempt country is better off having the visa office for their country process the application. Such a person is not required to remain in Canada while the processing is ongoing (for example) and it is often quite a bit faster (many US applicants have PR in about the same time as AIP for inland).

There ARE reasons to apply via the spouse-in-Canada class, but the reason most people often cite ("because my spouse is living in Canada with me") is actually NOT a reason to process the application via the inland route.

US citizens are in very good shape often, as if they qualify under NAFTA they can work as soon as they have a qualified job offer - no LMO required, just pick up the work permit at the border. That's better than the OWP that may be granted at AIP time (if you submit the application with the inland PR application).

The downside to inland processing is the statutory requirement that the applicant must be living with the sponsor in Canada. If the applicant leaves Canada and cannot return the application will ultimately be refused because the statutory requirement is not met.
We are actually applying for Inland because he is residing with me in Canada. We know it takes longer, but the truth is if he had to go for an interview in the states, we a) don't really have the extra money for that kind of travel and b) there is the concern of him not being allowed back in after that. It just seemed more logical for us to do inland, since he is already here. It just made more sense. Also he is not planning to go anywhere anytime soon (we are applying to renew his visitors visa) so there is no need for him to freely travel in and out of Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
americanadians said:
We are actually applying for Inland because he is residing with me in Canada. We know it takes longer, but the truth is if he had to go for an interview in the states, we a) don't really have the extra money for that kind of travel and b) there is the concern of him not being allowed back in after that. It just seemed more logical for us to do inland, since he is already here. It just made more sense. Also he is not planning to go anywhere anytime soon (we are applying to renew his visitors visa) so there is no need for him to freely travel in and out of Canada.
Inland has actually gotten a lot faster since I wrote the original post. Currently 6 months for first stage approval and another 8 for rest, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp If you sent an application for an open work permit with the sponsorship package, you would get it at first stage approval. If you did not, you can apply for it when you get the first stage approval.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:-*Is it OK to request change of mailing address and email address by sending Singapore VO a request by mail rather then sending them a case specific inquiry? If I can do that, what information should I include in the paper mail?

Nadia33

May 7, 2013
Great post! Very informative...

I am a Canadian living in Spain and sponsoring my boyfriend... to prove my intention to live in Canada. Is a letter from a friend offering a place to stay and a letter written by me stating my plans etc enough do you think?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Nadia33 said:
Great post! Very informative...

I am a Canadian living in Spain and sponsoring my boyfriend... to prove my intention to live in Canada. Is a letter from a friend offering a place to stay and a letter written by me stating my plans etc enough do you think?
That's pretty much all that we could offer them. We have a letter from my Canadian parents-in-law offering us unlimited accommodation and we supplied a plan for the future as a separate letter from my Canadian wife. We have a joint bank account already in place with TD but obviously we cannot provide job offers/rental agreements etc as they simply don't exist yet. CIC make it very clear that you shouldn't make any assumptions about how long the process will take, or even if it will be successful. Therefore, committing to "possible" future plans by taking out rental agreements or purchasing property are pretty much impossible at this stage. I think CIC are aware of this.