+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

marmande

May 13, 2013
Hi,i would like to know if my spouse who's outside Canada would be able to come in Canada ( she s just got a visitor visa ) and wait here until our sponsorship app will be finalized ,supposing that the sponsorship will be answered before the tourist visa expires.Or she will have to go back in the country were we applied.Thank you!Adrian

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
marmande said:
Hi,i would like to know if my spouse who's outside Canada would be able to come in Canada ( she s just got a visitor visa ) and wait here until our sponsorship app will be finalized ,supposing that the sponsorship will be answered before the tourist visa expires.Or she will have to go back in the country were we applied.Thank you!Adrian
She can stay inside Canada as long as she has valid status. She can try to extend her stay as well, if the process takes longer than you thought. It won't necessarily be approved, but it is an option.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
marmande said:
Hey there,

your spouse can come, and wait in Canada. She only needs to make sure that she keeps her status updated. Before her visitor visa expires, she should submit a request for extension, with proofs that she has applied for PR. Then she can wait. She doesn't need to leave the country.
Good luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Cuchipam said:
Hello Everyone,
About the Medical Examination. My husband lives in the States, the Doctor assigned/authorized in his area, says he needs an order/letter/intructions to perform the examination, and that he will not perform any examination without a formal order or letter.
What should we do? just send the rest of the documents? will that affect the processing time of my application?
Please help us!
Call the Doctor back, and explain that you're applying under spousal sponsorship, and there is no need for a letter - it's an "upfront medical", and it's required in order to submit your application. Other categories have to wait for instructions from CIC to do the medicals, but it's not the case for the spousal category.
So - explain again, or alternatively, contact another doctor if you can.
Make sure that your husband leaves the doctor's office with the proof of his medicals to be added to your application.
Good luck,
Sweden

marmande

May 13, 2013
Sweden said:
Hey there,

your spouse can come, and wait in Canada. She only needs to make sure that she keeps her status updated. Before her visitor visa expires, she should submit a request for extension, with proofs that she has applied for PR. Then she can wait. She doesn't need to leave the country.
Good luck,
Sweden
and after she will get the PR visa what will she have to do to validate this visa and become a permanent rez.
Thank you for ur prompt answers!

Cuchipam

May 2, 2013
Sweden said:
Call the Doctor back, and explain that you're applying under spousal sponsorship, and there is no need for a letter - it's an "upfront medical", and it's required in order to submit your application. Other categories have to wait for instructions from CIC to do the medicals, but it's not the case for the spousal category.
So - explain again, or alternatively, contact another doctor if you can.
Make sure that your husband leaves the doctor's office with the proof of his medicals to be added to your application.
Good luck,
Sweden
Thank you! He'll call again and try to convince the Doctor. Unfortunately, there's no other authorized doctor close to his area.
Do you know if the case number that CPC assigns to your Sponsorship case is the same as your UCI or Client ID number?? My husband remembers the doctor told him he needs a case number in order to send the results, otherwise they will get lost.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
The UpFront medical results will have a barcode and serial number associated with them.
When the DMP gives your husband the receipt for the medical, it will also have the same codes on it.
This is how they tie your application to the medical results for the examination, which should by then already be with the RMC/CIC.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Cuchipam said:
Thank you! He'll call again and try to convince the Doctor. Unfortunately, there's no other authorized doctor close to his area.
Do you know if the case number that CPC assigns to your Sponsorship case is the same as your UCI or Client ID number?? My husband remembers the doctor told him he needs a case number in order to send the results, otherwise they will get lost.
Refer the doctor to the "Up front medical" section in the Panel Physician's Handbook: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/handbook-extract.pdf

UFM examinations are performed when clients report to a panel physician for their IME before a visa application has been submitted to CIC. Clients who undergo UFMs will not have a Medical Report (IMM 1017) issued by CIC, nor will their information be stored in the eMedical system.

Cuchipam

May 2, 2013
Makes sense now. I hope this Doctor accepts to finally proceed with the examination with this explanation. Thank you!

marmande

May 13, 2013
mic8400 said:
aaaaand this pretty much tells you everything you need to know =]
not quite everything - after she gets the PR visa will she need to exit Canada and reenter in order to validate her new status or she can do that even she remains here.Thx!

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Received my PPR today!!!! I think I'll have a heart attack when I receive the COPR in the mail :) Congrats to those that have seen some action on their applications!

Cuchipam

May 2, 2013
muffy1 said:
Received my PPR today!!!! I think I'll have a heart attack when I receive the COPR in the mail :) Congrats to those that have seen some action on their applications!
Congratulations!! how long took the whole process for you?

muffy1

Feb 21, 2012
Cuchipam said:
Congratulations!! how long took the whole process for you?
Thank you so much! Our process was rather long, for us, as we were part of the whole "Close of Buffalo" incident......Our app was received Oct 3, 2011.....so we have been waiting a long time. I know others have been waiting even longer so don't get me wrong.....I'm VERY thankful to be at this point right now!