N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
hm82 said:
New Delhi applicants, please respond !
tell me if the NDVO is slow in sending the PPR ? I am already over 4 weeks since sponsorship approval and still wating for PPR ?
Its a 10 month process.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Its a 10 month process.
Yes, but NDVO asks for the passport at the start of the process, not the end of the process.

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Its a 10 month process.
Thanks CanadianJeeGuy.

Well, to the best of my understanding; NDVO process 80% of cases within 10 months. I am not sure that it TAKES 10 MONTHS for a standard case. Infact - I believe 2-5 months is what an average processing time is.

My query was only about the PPR though.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
hm82 said:
Thanks CanadianJeeGuy.

Well, to the best of my understanding; NDVO process 80% of cases within 10 months. I am not sure that it TAKES 10 MONTHS for a standard case. Infact - I believe 2-5 months is what an average processing time is.

4 weeks is NOTHING. You have at least 5-10 months.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
hm82 said:
NDVO usually requests the passport after 2-3 months, which is when they first start looking at the file. I'd suggest checking in the NDVO specific threads.

mehdiR

Jan 3, 2012
canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone

I got a question. My wife's passport will expire in a year . I rather have it renewed in Iran , than later in Canada ( ottawa Iranian embassy closure) .
Do u suggest I have it renewed and how should I go about letting Ankara know/ do I need to let them know? I hope it doesn't delay our case processing .

Thanks in advance

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
mehdiR said:
Hello everyone

I got a question. My wife's passport will expire in a year . I rather have it renewed in Iran , than later in Canada ( ottawa Iranian embassy closure) .
Do u suggest I have it renewed and how should I go about letting Ankara know/ do I need to let them know? I hope it doesn't delay our case processing .

Thanks in advance
Renew it now. Then when they issue the PPR, you will provide them with the updated passport and they will know that you have had it renewed.

Renewing an Iranian passport from Canada is done via the US at the present time (as absurd as that might sound). http://www.daftar.org/eng/default.asp

My understanding is it takes 4-6 months to renew the passport via the Iranian Interests section currently.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone tell me here, what is the correct use of Form IMM 5475?

I am sponsoring my wife. It's an out-land application.

Can my wife fill out this Form for me to receive all information regarding her application?

Also, on number 7 of the Form, on the signature section: Does my wife signs as the applicant and Do I need to sign as the Spouse too on the same Form?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
goodman36 said:
Can anyone tell me here, what is the correct use of Form IMM 5475?

I am sponsoring my wife. It's an out-land application.

Can my wife fill out this Form for me to receive all information regarding her application?

Also, on number 7 of the Form, on the signature section: Does my wife signs as the applicant and Do I need to sign as the Spouse too on the same Form?
Yes, your wife can fill out that form and you will be allowed to obtain all information regarding her application.

You do not need to sign - only she needs to sign, since she is empowering you.

(We submitted one of these with the application, giving permission to CIC to disclose information about the application to the sponsor.)

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
computergeek said:
Yes, your wife can fill out that form and you will be allowed to obtain all information regarding her application.

You do not need to sign - only she needs to sign, since she is empowering you.

(We submitted one of these with the application, giving permission to CIC to disclose information about the application to the sponsor.)
Thanks.

On question # 3, it asks 'Name of Office where application was submitted'. Does she writes 'Mississauga' office where the sponsorship application was originally send OR 'Singapore Visa Office' where it is to be processed?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
goodman36 said:
Thanks.

On question # 3, it asks 'Name of Office where application was submitted'. Does she writes 'Mississauga' office where the sponsorship application was originally send OR 'Singapore Visa Office' where it is to be processed?
Mississauga. That's where it was submitted, even though it's been transferred subsequently within CIC.

Jaeger

Feb 25, 2013
Hi All,

I've been reading up on the posts and want to thank everyone for their input. This application process is much more complex then I thought and it's great to have forum where people that have past experience can help educate those of us who haven't been down that road!

For now, I have a couple questions I'd like to run by anyone who knows. First I'll briefly explain my situation. I am Canadian, my wife is Korean. We've been living in Korea since end of August are putting together the paperwork for her to be a PR in Canada. I think I have most of the basic forms figured out, but the most problematic form is the last one form 3907E.

1. In providing detailed information to prove our relationship is genuine, I can show numerous emails we have sent over the years, but do those emails need to be certified by someone or can I print them off my email account and turn them in as is (with the dates and stuff) ??

2. My wife and I met in China, and before marrying I did travel to Korea and she traveled to Canada so I figured it would be good to show the copies of the stamps in our passports showing we have been abroad together. Do I also need to get these copies "certified" by someone, or can I just copy them myself and turn them in with our application?

3. The police station here says the form is only in Korean, but the example on the visa website has an English version. Do we need to have that document translated into English if they don't provide English copies?

4. My wife and I met in China and lived there for more than 6 months.. are we actually expected to get a police background check from China, and if so, how would we do so??

Thanks in advance for reply. I will have more questions to come in the future :)

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Jaeger said:
Hi All,

I've been reading up on the posts and want to thank everyone for their input. This application process is much more complex then I thought and it's great to have forum where people that have past experience can help educate those of us who haven't been down that road!

For now, I have a couple questions I'd like to run by anyone who knows. First I'll briefly explain my situation. I am Canadian, my wife is Korean. We've been living in Korea since end of August are putting together the paperwork for her to be a PR in Canada. I think I have most of the basic forms figured out, but the most problematic form is the last one form 3907E.

1. In providing detailed information to prove our relationship is genuine, I can show numerous emails we have sent over the years, but do those emails need to be certified by someone or can I print them off my email account and turn them in as is (with the dates and stuff) ??

2. My wife and I met in China, and before marrying I did travel to Korea and she traveled to Canada so I figured it would be good to show the copies of the stamps in our passports showing we have been abroad together. Do I also need to get these copies "certified" by someone, or can I just copy them myself and turn them in with our application?

3. The police station here says the form is only in Korean, but the example on the visa website has an English version. Do we need to have that document translated into English if they don't provide English copies?

4. My wife and I met in China and lived there for more than 6 months.. are we actually expected to get a police background check from China, and if so, how would we do so??

Thanks in advance for reply. I will have more questions to come in the future :)
These are my two cent from what I know:

1. Any non-goverment official document (such as emails, chats, letters from family, etc)) can be just printed as is and sent with the application. If you want to keep originals of say, airline stubs, you will need to submit notarized copies.
2. Any copies of official government documents must be obtarized as 'true copies' (passport page copies, marriage certificate, etc). In some jurisdictions you may be able to provide the copy of the document to the notary public (while showing the original); however, in some other jurisdictions the copy must be made by the notary public; it all depends on local laws. Some government issued documents cannot be notarized (that is, notaries are not allowed to certify certain copies) because the local goverment can issue an original copy. For example, in Florida, a notary cannot notarize a true copy of a vehicle registration because you can obtain a copy directly from the motor vehicle adminstration.
3. Are you talking about the form to request a police certificate? If so, i am guessing the request must be in Korean as you are requesting it to Korean Authorities; when you get the certificate it must be translated into English (and notarized as a true translation).
4. Yes, for any country where the applicant (your wife) has lived for 6 months or more since age 18, a police certificate must be provided.

I hope this helps.

Istie

Feb 25, 2013
ojaboo said:
I am in Edmonton. My spouse is in Egypt, so the visa office in Cairo. I just wasnt sure cus i thought i read a visa will be issued up until a year from the medical and the application process is like 12 months through Cairo. So that kinda makes no sense. It was just from a board post not the immigration canada website. Anyhow I'd rather send it all ASAP & @ once. Just to get this over with. But the cost of the medical is hella expensive all the sudden, and he'd rather not pay for it twice.

Also if anyone with this experience wants to connect on msn messenger would be cool to help me out in real time...ill put my info on the profile. Thnx.
Hi there i am about to start this whole process but really right now i dont know how to start anything i feel i am blind folded please help me any ideas after i get marriage certificate what else do i need to have to start the process before i leave egypt please help me what are the steps i am so lost right now
thanks
Istie

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
cempjwi said:
2. Any copies of official government documents must be obtarized as 'true copies' (passport page copies, marriage certificate, etc).
Not quite. In most cases if the thing you are copying is already in english/french, it doesn't need to be certified and regular photocopy will do. You only need to get a copy certified if:
- it specifically requests to do so in the country specific guide
- if the copy needs to be officially translated

So for example a Korean passport does NOT need to be a certified copy, since the passport already has english field titles on the bio page.

The Korean police certificate is in Korean, so you must include the ORIGINAL certificate, along with CERTIFIED/NOTARIZED translation.

For Korean citizens they also need to include:
•Family Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English of your Family
Relation Certificate. This document should have been recently issued.
• Marriage Relation Certificate and one certified true translation into French or English
• Old (deleted) Family Census Register and one certified true translation into French or English

We were also asked to include Korean entry/exit certificate (showing travel in and out of Korea from immigration), even though it wasn't in the checklist.