05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
LOL. Just making a little joke. Trucks versus sports cars.
Oh haha! My husband loves BMW's, it's his dream car/brand. So you had me curious :p

Feb 22, 2013
Okay another question. I am a Canadian citizen. Still waiting for my wife's application to be approved. Is there a way she can come live with me in Canada until the application is done without resorting to a regular visiting visa?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
Bandaidbrother said:
Okay another question. I am a Canadian citizen. Still waiting for my wife's application to be approved. Is there a way she can come live with me in Canada until the application is done without resorting to a regular visiting visa?
Depends on where she's from, let us know and we might be able to tell you if she needs a visa or not. :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Bandaidbrother said:
It would be difficult. You can try for a student visa or a visit visa, but in both cases, she will have to prove strong ties to her country, and with a Canadian husband, it will be difficult to prove that she will not overstay, as her ties to Canada are probably stronger than her ties to her own country at that point.

Dec 9, 2009
parker24you are not able to answer my question that is whether a sponsor can change his province safely during pending of application and now you going to answer whether she needs a visa or not.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
21685 said:
What i came to understand that the sponsor should be in Canada during the process of his/her spouse, Can he move to other province in Canada during pend ency of application and suppose he/she moved to other province during the process of application what will be the impact on application.
Those who have similar experience or the Seniors please share it.
A PR sponsor must be living in Canada throughout the process. A Citizen sponsor must be living in Canada by the time the applicant becomes a permanent resident.

If you, as sponsor, move to Quebec, then it does impact the process because you must obtain the approval of the Quebec government. If you move to any other location in Canada it does not affect the evaluation of your application, but of course you will want to advise CIC of your new address (and if you can, pay for the forwarding service - I've read far too many horror stories on this forum about people not getting their paperwork because they didn't.)

Good luck!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
21685 said:
parker24you are not able to answer my question that is whether a sponsor can change his province safely during pending of application and now you going to answer whether she needs a visa or not.
Reason: I never saw that question. I don't read every single question sitting in this 500+ thread. Other people might have helped you with that. Here's my take (even though you didn't ask) yes, you can, but you have to let CIC know PLUS do mail forwarding until the processing is done completely. Reason for forwarding is because sometimes they don't update it in their systems. This is if it's NOT Quebec. That's more complicated.

How's that?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
I'm sure I'll offend someone by saying this, but I shall do so anyway: people who answer questions in this forum do so as a courtesy. They aren't paid for it and most do not gain anything for it at all. Some people are good enough to stick around after their use for the forum is done and answer questions: Leon, Scylla, PMM, etc. Deriding those people because they haven't answered your question reflects poorly upon you - they don't owe you an answer.

For those now asking questions and learning: stick around when you're done and answer as many questions as you asked and had answered. By doing so you won't be a leech - and you'll help new people facing the same puzzle. None of us have all the answers but we each have some answers so by sharing that information with the next generation of participants we help the overall forum - and we help real people.

For those who get frustrated because their question isn't answered - or isn't answered in a timely fashion, or isn't answered in the way that you want. You always have the option to pay for resources to answer your questions. You can do your own research (I can't count how many times I've answered questions by typing the question into my search engine.) Nobody you are not paying owes you an answer. Nobody (even those you are paying) deserve your abuse.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
computergeek said:
I'm sure I'll offend someone by saying this, but I shall do so anyway: people who answer questions in this forum do so as a courtesy. They aren't paid for it and most do not gain anything for it at all. Some people are good enough to stick around after their use for the forum is done and answer questions: Leon, Scylla, PMM, etc. Deriding those people because they haven't answered your question reflects poorly upon you - they don't owe you an answer.

For those now asking questions and learning: stick around when you're done and answer as many questions as you asked and had answered. By doing so you won't be a leech - and you'll help new people facing the same puzzle. None of us have all the answers but we each have some answers so by sharing that information with the next generation of participants we help the overall forum - and we help real people.

For those who get frustrated because their question isn't answered - or isn't answered in a timely fashion, or isn't answered in the way that you want. You always have the option to pay for resources to answer your questions. You can do your own research (I can't count how many times I've answered questions by typing the question into my search engine.) Nobody you are not paying owes you an answer. Nobody (even those you are paying) deserve your abuse.
Well said, computergeek (if that IS your real name...). I'd also add that the people maintaining the spreadsheets are also volunteers, so similar courtesy should be extended to the people making and maintaining the spreadsheets. Ask to be added/updated.

And next time you wait for an answer or spreadsheets aren't instantaneously updated, remember that as an alternative to paying a lawyer to answer your questions, you could always get free advice by emailing CIC with your questions, or get your free updates from ECAS.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
computergeek said:

Absolutely. Truly good citizens of the internet. They are always here online it seems. I wonder just what kind of life they have beyond this forum.
There aren't enough thanks any of us can give to make up for this service you provide for us....but thank you.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
computergeek said:

Thank you!

There's also the option (for most users) to PM someone else if you feel the need to ask a particular user a question.

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
21685 said:
Maybe you did not mean it that way, but you are very rude. I suggest you think long before posting something like that. Anyone answering your question does it generously, and if they do not answer, it may just be that they do know the answer.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
computergeek said:

+1 :)

Chickadee

Jul 8, 2012
South Carolina, United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-16-2012
AOR Received.
09-18-2012
Med's Request
Sent with Application
Med's Done....
05-15-2012
Interview........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
VISA ISSUED...
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
LANDED..........
[color=#FF0000]Never!!!
computergeek said:

So very true!

hm82

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
31-Dec-2012
AOR Received.
18-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
18-Aug-2012
Passport Req..
08-Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2013
LANDED..........
2-May-2013
New Delhi applicants, please respond !
tell me if the NDVO is slow in sending the PPR ? I am already over 4 weeks since sponsorship approval and still wating for PPR ?