Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
Hi ComputerGeek,

Kindly answer my questions upon the medical process :

1. Should we (my sponsor and i) submit the medicals upfront along with the inland PR application even before CIC ask about it ?

2. What is the steps to get medicals done ? What kind of form or anything that i need to fill and give it to the doctor's panels?

3. How long is the process to get the medical done ??

Thanks in advance,
P

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pritha said:
Kindly answer my questions upon the medical process :

1. Should we (my sponsor and i) submit the medicals upfront along with the inland PR application even before CIC ask about it ?

2. What is the steps to get medicals done ? What kind of form or anything that i need to fill and give it to the doctor's panels?

3. How long is the process to get the medical done ??
For an inland application you can wait - it's your choice. Many people get them done about a month before they expect the AIP decision, hoping to be one of the lucky applications where the applicant is granted PR at the same time (or a week or two after AIP).

On the CIC website pick the "My Application" tab on the menu. Then choose "Get Medical or Police Checks". Click on the link that says "medical exams". Then click on the link that says "find a panel physician". That will lead you through the specific steps to find a panel physician. It also explains the current requirements for medical exams (which have changed since I did them).

In my experience, the actual process takes about 90 minutes, including the time to get a chest x-ray (which for me was done at a different facility).

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
computergeek said:
For an inland application you can wait - it's your choice. Many people get them done about a month before they expect the AIP decision, hoping to be one of the lucky applications where the applicant is granted PR at the same time (or a week or two after AIP).

On the CIC website pick the "My Application" tab on the menu. Then choose "Get Medical or Police Checks". Click on the link that says "medical exams". Then click on the link that says "find a panel physician". That will lead you through the specific steps to find a panel physician. It also explains the current requirements for medical exams (which have changed since I did them).

In my experience, the actual process takes about 90 minutes, including the time to get a chest x-ray (which for me was done at a different facility).
computergeek said:

Hi, ComputerGeek

Thanks for your prompt reply. I want to do the medical upfront even before CIC requested because the Guide says : "To become permanent residents, you and all your dependent children, who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents, must complete a medical examination. When medical results are submitted up-front, routine cases benefit from faster processing since we do not have to request them at a later date. "

Just like you said hoping to be the lucky one :D

Anyway, i did all of your instructions above, it only lead to the list of the panel not requirement for medical exams (ME). Then, i ended up searching about the form IMM 1017, cannot find sources for that form. Do you have any source for that form ?

Or it work this way : I call the DR to make an appointment for ME , when i arrived there, the DR / nurse will give me the appropriate documents/forms to be filled although i have not get my Client ID # (since i have not submit the PR application yet) , then after i got examined, i request the result copy ( i forgot what CIC called it regarding this result copy) from the DR ?

The last question should be : Who is going to get the ME ? just applicant or both applicant and the sponsor ?

Thank you so much....

P

roambee

Feb 15, 2013
Thanks ComputerGeek for reply, my problem was resolved next day automatically :)

In IMM 0008, Question no. what is CSQ? I am the principal applicant for spouse Visa. Does it implement on me? What should be written in it in any case?

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
roambee said:
Thanks ComputerGeek for reply, my problem was resolved next day automatically :)

In IMM 0008, Question no. what is CSQ? I am the principal applicant for spouse Visa. Does it implement on me? What should be written in it in any case?
Quebec selection certificate (Certificat de sélection du Québec), only needed for those intending to go to Quebec.

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
roambee said:
I dont know about that
do i need to fill it? if so with what ?
If you're sponsoring someone to go to Quebec, you'll need to get a CSQ from MICC in Quebec. For sponsored persons, this is done after you receive sponsorship approval, so you can just click "no" and move on to the rest of the application (if you're not going to Quebec, you can skip the question - and the application form itself won't let you complete that question if you've indicated you are going to another province).

To get the CSQ, you need to include your sponsorship approval letter from CIC with your CSQ application. The CSQ process takes about 20 working days from the day when they receive your CSQ application. It will give you something to do while you wait for Stage 1 approval, and if you have the application ready to send when you receive your sponsorship approval, you can avoid unnecessary delays in the process.

For the CSQ application process, visit:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/index.html

Good luck!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
pritha said:
Anyway, i did all of your instructions above, it only lead to the list of the panel not requirement for medical exams (ME). Then, i ended up searching about the form IMM 1017, cannot find sources for that form. Do you have any source for that form ?
The panel physician is the source for the IMM 1017. When I had my medicals done (last year, before the rules change November 1, 2012) at the end they gave me an IMM 1017 which I then included with the application.

pritha said:
Or it work this way : I call the DR to make an appointment for ME , when i arrived there, the DR / nurse will give me the appropriate documents/forms to be filled although i have not get my Client ID # (since i have not submit the PR application yet) , then after i got examined, i request the result copy ( i forgot what CIC called it regarding this result copy) from the DR ?
This depends upon whether the doctor is e-medical enabled or not. If they are e-medical enabled, then my understanding is they just give you a reference number. If they do paper form submission, they give you a copy of IMM 1017.

Your medical information is NOT kept with the rest of your immigration file - only a coding for the results is entered into your file. But the information they have on you is sufficient to match up your medical results with your immigration file. When that happens you will see a notation in e-cas ("medical results have been received").

pritha said:
The last question should be : Who is going to get the ME ? just applicant or both applicant and the sponsor ?
The applicant. The sponsor is already a PR or Citizen of Canada and thus does not need to be examined.

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
Hi I have a question..

this is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 21, 2012.

We started processing your application on November 7, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

We received a letter from the Buenos Aires Embassy on February 4 asking for 2 new passport photos, to pay the Permanent Residence fee and to also pay the removal costs from the deportation from Canada to Argentina. My husband was few months short of turning 16 at that time.

We payed everything last week and it arrived at the Buenos Aires Embassy February 14.

What should we expect next? and how long will it take? was that letter a positive sign that they are ready to issue the visa?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bonnie19 said:
Hi I have a question..

this is my timeline:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 21, 2012.

We started processing your application on November 7, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

We received a letter from the Buenos Aires Embassy on February 4 asking for 2 new passport photos, to pay the Permanent Residence fee and to also pay the removal costs from the deportation from Canada to Argentina. My husband was few months short of turning 16 at that time.

We payed everything last week and it arrived at the Buenos Aires Embassy February 14.

What should we expect next? and how long will it take? was that letter a positive sign that they are ready to issue the visa?
That's a very positive sign, yes. They wouldn't have asked for those things if they weren't ready to finalize the application.

How long is more difficult to say, but I'd guess 2 months. Did you already submit the passport? If not, the next step would be for them to ask for you to submit the passport so they may issue the visa and return the passport, visa, and COPR.

bonnie19

Jul 26, 2012
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2012
AOR Received.
29-08-2012
File Transfer...
29-08-2012
No they did not ask for the passport yet just the photos and fees.

what is COPR?

Is there another process for my spouses that were removed before? For example additional procedures we must go through now?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
bonnie19 said:
No they did not ask for the passport yet just the photos and fees.

what is COPR?

Is there another process for my spouses that were removed before? For example additional procedures we must go through now?
COPR = "Confirmation of Permanent Residency" and it is the form they issue to all permanent residents (including visa exempt) to turn in to CBSA at the time of landing. One copy will be retained by your husband to prove that he became a permanent resident of Canada.

I think you're saying your spouse was subject to removal before. The details of what is required to overcome potential inadmissibility would depend upon the type of removal. For example, a voluntary departure after a departure order has no requirements while a departure under a deportation order requires an ARC. If CBSA paid for someone to be removed, repayment of that removal will be required before a visa will be issued. I wouldn't expect them to ask for that AFTER requesting the RPRF though, I'd expect them to request it at the same time.

docAJ

Jan 30, 2013
Hi!!
I have applied for my wife's case. My application was received by CIC, Mississauga on 2012/5/25. I attached Police records and Medical tests and then applied. New Delhi embassy sent her mail on 2012/09/23 informing us that they started processing of case and asked for passport. She sent the passport after two days. Since then there is no reply from embassy side till date. We don't know what is going on with her case? we left two mails with embassy to enquire but they are least bother.
its more than 4 months since embassy held her passport? What should we do? Is this normal holding passport for that long? Coming March her medical will gonna expire.
Now E-cas online is also not showing the file...Whats going on???
Thanks...
Arun

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Does anyone know the best way to transfer the goods internationally? We don't have many items to ship but may have 30 kg or so extra than the allowable allowance of two 23 kg? Any suggestions would help....
Thanks

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
docAJ said:
Hi!!
I have applied for my wife's case. My application was received by CIC, Mississauga on 2012/5/25. I attached Police records and Medical tests and then applied. New Delhi embassy sent her mail on 2012/09/23 informing us that they started processing of case and asked for passport. She sent the passport after two days. Since then there is no reply from embassy side till date. We don't know what is going on with her case? we left two mails with embassy to enquire but they are least bother.
its more than 4 months since embassy held her passport? What should we do? Is this normal holding passport for that long? Coming March her medical will gonna expire.
Now E-cas online is also not showing the file...Whats going on???
Thanks...
Arun
Hi,
NDVO is the only visa office which holds PP for a very long time, from 3 months to even upton an year. However, on an average 60-70 percentage of applications are cleared in 4 -5 months after they receive passport. They clear the applications based on the time that they would have received; right now according to the response in the new Delhi applicants forum page they are clearing the August and sept applicants. May be you will hear something soon. Good luck. Please join the "new Delhi applicants forum". The forum gives some confidence and helps in other ways too.....
Good luck!