Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
Hi, I am applying to sponsor my wife Outland. She is from US and has been here since October 2012. We got married in BC in January 2013. We are going to put in our application soon. Her 6 month visitor status expires in April. Do we need to apply for an extension or will sending in our application for sponsoring and then PR cover the situation? Or Should we be applying for spousal sponsor, PR and extension to visit all at same time?

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
computergeek said:
The panel physician is the source for the IMM 1017. When I had my medicals done (last year, before the rules change November 1, 2012) at the end they gave me an IMM 1017 which I then included with the application.

This depends upon whether the doctor is e-medical enabled or not. If they are e-medical enabled, then my understanding is they just give you a reference number. If they do paper form submission, they give you a copy of IMM 1017.

Your medical information is NOT kept with the rest of your immigration file - only a coding for the results is entered into your file. But the information they have on you is sufficient to match up your medical results with your immigration file. When that happens you will see a notation in e-cas ("medical results have been received").

The applicant. The sponsor is already a PR or Citizen of Canada and thus does not need to be examined.

Thank you ComputerGeek.....

scorpion17

Feb 18, 2013
Hi,

I am a canadian permanent resident and my wife is a citizen of india. I am planning to bring her to canada on a visitor visa and then apply for her sponsorship as an inland application. Just wondering if spouse sponsorship qualifies for inland application even if the spouse has a visitor status in canada? or she will have to apply as an outland applicant only?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
docAJ said:
Hi!!
I have applied for my wife's case. My application was received by CIC, Mississauga on 2012/5/25. I attached Police records and Medical tests and then applied. New Delhi embassy sent her mail on 2012/09/23 informing us that they started processing of case and asked for passport. She sent the passport after two days. Since then there is no reply from embassy side till date. We don't know what is going on with her case? we left two mails with embassy to enquire but they are least bother.
its more than 4 months since embassy held her passport? What should we do? Is this normal holding passport for that long? Coming March her medical will gonna expire.
Now E-cas online is also not showing the file...Whats going on???
Thanks...
Arun
NDVO is tricky. They like to send you a request for your passport - "in order to speed the processing of your application, please send us your passport..."

But they aren't done. They're just starting. Check the NDVO threads but it can be 6+ months before they return the passport.

E-cas is broken. I hear the recent purge of hundreds of thousands of files (for pre-2008 skilled worker applications) caused some problems.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
scorpion17 said:
Hi,

I am a canadian permanent resident and my wife is a citizen of india. I am planning to bring her to canada on a visitor visa and then apply for her sponsorship as an inland application. Just wondering if spouse sponsorship qualifies for inland application even if the spouse has a visitor status in canada? or she will have to apply as an outland applicant only?
if she is in Canada on a visitor visa and her visa is valid when you send the application, then it is all good.
However, you might have a lot of difficulties obtaining a visitor visa for her, because CIC might not believe (and for good reasons!) that she will return to India once her visa expires. It's usually very difficult for non-visa-exempt spouses of Canadian citizens or PR to obtain a visitor visa. But you can always try. If it gets denied, it doesn't affect the PR application and you can do the outland process, where your spouse waits outside of Canada until the visa is ready.
GOod luck,
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Canuckluvus said:
Hi, I am applying to sponsor my wife Outland. She is from US and has been here since October 2012. We got married in BC in January 2013. We are going to put in our application soon. Her 6 month visitor status expires in April. Do we need to apply for an extension or will sending in our application for sponsoring and then PR cover the situation? Or Should we be applying for spousal sponsor, PR and extension to visit all at same time?
If you are sponsoring her outland, she needs to maintain a valid status as a PR application doesn't give her a status in Canada. So you can send the application to Mississauga, and at the same time, apply for a visa extension 30 days before her visa expires. It's 2 different procedures. 1 is for PR visa spousal sponsorship (so one application with everything: sponsor + applicant forms that go to Mississauga), an 30 days before her visa expires, send the application for the extension of her visitor visa. By that time, if you apply now, you probably will have the confirmation of stage 1 (sponsorship approval) so include that in the extension request, it will help.
Even if her visa expires before you get the answer for the extension, as long as you have sent the request before the expiry date, then she is covered by implied status until she gets the answer for the extension.
Sweden

roambee

Feb 15, 2013
I am sponsoring my wife as PR. I need help on an issue that is written in guide as following:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf

Requirement no. 17
An original of Option C....

what is that? kindly tell me whether it implements on me or not? What exactly they are asking for? I am sponsoring my wife only as we do not have any dependent.

suppy

Star Member
Mar 17, 2012
hi all
i need ur all help
i have to sumit my pasport tommorw
along with ppr request their were a form to fill n i filled it up
wat i need to ask is their is a column to write a name who can collect ur passport any lawyer representative or something like that
wat should i write on that form
i want to collect my form by me self
should i leave the column
or write down my name
thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
roambee said:
I am sponsoring my wife as PR. I need help on an issue that is written in guide as following:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf

Requirement no. 17
An original of Option C....

what is that? kindly tell me whether it implements on me or not? What exactly they are asking for? I am sponsoring my wife only as we do not have any dependent.
The Option C is a Revenue Canada tax document. Call Revenue Canada and ask them to mail a copy of your most recent Option C.

roambee

Feb 15, 2013
scylla said:
The Option C is a Revenue Canada tax document. Call Revenue Canada and ask them to mail a copy of your most recent Option C.
yeah I know but I am asking that is it applicable to submit on Self Employed as well???? and is it applicable on the sponsor of only a wife not any other dependent ????

brightstar87

Feb 19, 2013
hi .it seems like u have a lot of knowledge about inland spousal sponsorship .it will b really nice if u can guide us a lil bit .we applied our application in vegerville in june of 2012 and got the first stage approval in jan 2013 and can u plz tell us that now what to expect and how much time it usually takes for the second stage .i know that they say on cic tht it takes 8 mnths but i heard it is usually faster than that .is that true?

Parri

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
10-2012
File Transfer...
Feb 2014 to londonvia gcms notes
Med's Request
witing
Med's Done....
may 2012
Interview........
allah na karay
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
soon insha allah
LANDED..........
very soon :)
Dear forum members I have a question I am planning to visit Pakistan I am on PR. I wanna know how long I can stay there? do you members have any knowledge about it or did you discuss it with your lawyers/consultants?plz waiting for responses anxiously.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
roambee said:
yeah I know but I am asking that is it applicable to submit on Self Employed as well???? and is it applicable on the sponsor of only a wife not any other dependent ????
Have you ever filed any taxes in Canada? if so, YES it applies to you.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
roambee said:
They use it to confirm that you are not on social assistance ("welfare").

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roambee said:
Yes, it is applicable. The Sponsor only has to provide it.

As long as you filed taxes using your SIN#, there is a Option C document kept by Revenue Canada. It shows whether you have received any social assistance from government. Call Revenue Canada and they will mail you one (it's free).