tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freshman said:
Proofs of relationship

Good Afternoon Everybody,

How important are emails as proof of relationship? I have pictures, some flight itineraries, stamps on passport, and letters from family.

I still have tons of emails exchanged between me and my husband. But I kinda hesitate to include them since most of them are personal.
Don't send personal e-mails if you're not comfortable with the idea of having other people read them. What I would do is include a letter saying something to the effect of:

"Please note that we have many more e-mails between us, but we chose not to include them here at this time because they are of a personal nature. However, if it turns out that the outcome of our application will depend on it, we will be happy to send them immediately upon request."

Also, if you have long distance phone cards, don't send them (CIC specifically says not to send them), but keep them and mention that you have them in case they want to see them.

chilld of God

Nov 15, 2012
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston (Jamaica)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23 2012
File Transfer...
July 11 2012
Med's Request
November 27 2013
Med's Done....
Febuary 8 2012 & December 4 2013
Interview........
NO NEEDED
Passport Req..
November 27 2013 Thank you Lord Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
January 22 2014
LANDED..........
January 26 2014
@blondie1216 tell me what do you want to know???

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
computergeek said:
What was the status of your relationship when your husband landed? Was your child born before he landed and if so did he advise the visa office that the child was born?

From what you've said it doesn't sound like questions about the legitimacy of your relationship are the most likely, but there may be questions around whether or not you are members of the family class. If you were in a qualifying relationship (married or having lived together one year at the time your husband landed in Canada) then that relationship had to be disclosed to the visa office and you would have needed to be examined unless the visa office expressly stated they did not require you be examined. If your child was born prior to your husband landing, the child had to be disclosed to the VO and examined.

It's certainly possible the VO might ask questions about your relationship itself, but with a child and more than six years of history together you don't seem like a high risk relationship.
he landed 2006 and i'm pregnant. He was single on that time. Next year 2007 he went back here and we're getting married and he acknowledge our child as his son. So in my son's bc the date and place of marriage was 2007. And when he flew back to canada when he file for a tax he declare us as his family...and his status in canada in 2007 is married.We never tell and we never been living as a couple as of 2006 because he flew since 2006.we said. We never been cohabitation in our applications.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
netsrak said:
he landed 2006 and i'm pregnant. He was single on that time. Next year 2007 he went back here and we're getting married and he acknowledge our child as his son. So in my son's bc the date and place of marriage was 2007. And when he flew back to canada when he file for a tax he declare us as his family...and his status in canada in 2007 is married.We never tell and we never been living as a couple as of 2006 because he flew since 2006.we said. We never been cohabitation in our applications.
Please understand I don't ask these things because I am being judgmental of you or your relationship. I am only trying to guide you regarding the questions that CIC is likely to ask. Because you were not cohabitating for 12 months prior to his landing date, you would not have been in a qualifying relationship. If your child was not born prior to him landing, your child would not be excluded as a member of the family class. Thus, the key here is that your husband's landing date is prior to the date of your son's birth. If that is the case, you should be fine (at least with respect to this issue).

What the VO will then see is a man who married a woman back home and whom he is sponsoring for permanent residence in Canada. The VO may wonder why he did not sponsor you sooner, but there's no obligation for you to do so. You've been married for five years, you have a child together. I wouldn't expect any relationship issues to arise.

Best wishes on your application!

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
computergeek said:
Please understand I don't ask these things because I am being judgmental of you or your relationship. I am only trying to guide you regarding the questions that CIC is likely to ask. Because you were not cohabitating for 12 months prior to his landing date, you would not have been in a qualifying relationship. If your child was not born prior to him landing, your child would not be excluded as a member of the family class. Thus, the key here is that your husband's landing date is prior to the date of your son's birth. If that is the case, you should be fine (at least with respect to this issue).

What the VO will then see is a man who married a woman back home and whom he is sponsoring for permanent residence in Canada. The VO may wonder why he did not sponsor you sooner, but there's no obligation for you to do so. You've been married for five years, you have a child together. I wouldn't expect any relationship issues to arise.

Best wishes on your application
okay thanks. Our child was not born yet prior when he was landing. And we made a mistake in his bc that's why we need to court the bc and we've been waiting for three years to fix it in the legal court.that's the reason why he sponsored us very late...

jaimevetero

Oct 24, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2nd, 2012
Doc's Request.
July 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Aug 3rd, 2012
File Transfer...
Aug 16th, 2012
Med's Request
July 9th, 2012
Med's Done....
July 27th, 2012
Interview........
March 26th, 2013
Passport Req..
March 26th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
April 16th, 2013
LANDED..........
May 2nd, 2013
hi! I've been reading different posts on this website and I've seen more than once the initials GCMS notes. What is that for? I read some people request them when they are call for an interview.

thanks

rosskilgour

Sep 20, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2012
Woohoo! Got my stage 1 AOR today! Only received by CIC on 24 Oct, so pretty fast! Fingers crossed for stage 1 approval!

Good luck all!

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
jaimevetero said:
hi! I've been reading different posts on this website and I've seen more than once the initials GCMS notes. What is that for? I read some people request them when they are call for an interview.

thanks
GCMS notes are basically a log of codes of all the information about your file and any additional notes that the visa officers reviewing your file have written about the notes. It's a good thing to get before an interview (if you're called for one) because the officer will have written down their concerns about your file and what may be bothering them about your case. With the GCMS notes you will know what the visa officer is thinking and also how to respond to their concerns, and therefore, hopefully, have a positive interview with a positive outcome! People also order them too when their file seems to be delayed so they can get an idea of where the officer is in reviewing their file and what might be the hold up.

Popo012

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Computergeek

Is it a bad thing if the CIC give delay for some documents?is it not good for the application?I don't want that to effect my situation.:(

Eabie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
I mailed my application to Mississauga on November 6th, and the Royal Mail tells me it was delivered on the 14th. When should I hear from CIC? I don't have an "ECAS. To be honest, I don't even really know what it is yet, but I gather it's an online account that allows you to check your application's progress which - I assume - they give you by email later.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Popo012 said:
Computergeek

Is it a bad thing if the CIC give delay for some documents?is it not good for the application?I don't want that to effect my situation.:(
Nope. One of CIC's core strengths is the ability to add arbitrary delays to almost anything. That, and their ability to misplace documents bring us the system we all know and love/hate.

So, don't worry. They will get to you eventually. I know it's difficult - I waited 3 years, 3 months and 17 days - but who is counting? At the end I was sure I was losing my sanity. But it ended and it will do so for you as well.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Eabie said:
I mailed my application to Mississauga on November 6th, and the Royal Mail tells me it was delivered on the 14th. When should I hear from CIC? I don't have an "ECAS. To be honest, I don't even really know what it is yet, but I gather it's an online account that allows you to check your application's progress which - I assume - they give you by email later.
You should hear in late December or early January.

If you go to the CIC website, main page, on the right column there is a link that says "check application status". Follow that link and it will lead you to e-cas.

If you have a UCI for the sponsor or applicant, you can look up the status of an application on there.

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
If my in-land sponsorship application is processing, but I still hold a valid visitors visa, can I leave the country and re-enter, or will they make it hard for me?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
RebeccaF said:
If my in-land sponsorship application is processing, but I still hold a valid visitors visa, can I leave the country and re-enter, or will they make it hard for me?
Generally it would be the normal level of scrutiny. But if something has happened that makes you inadmissible or raises questions in the mind of the BSO, they have the legal right to refuse you. If you cannot overcome that refusal, your inland application will eventually be terminated (it's not immediate, mind you).

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
so it would be the same thing as re-entering with a study-permit or temporary work permit? I haven't had issues at the border yet, and am travelling on a German passport. If my sponsor is travelling with me, does that give me bonus points? ;) (also, on a somewhat related note - would you happen to know if I can go through passport control WITH my common-law partner, or would he still not be considered 'family'?)