23-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2013
LANDED..........
09-07-2013
computergeek said:
You should hear in late December or early January.

If you go to the CIC website, main page, on the right column there is a link that says "check application status". Follow that link and it will lead you to e-cas.

If you have a UCI for the sponsor or applicant, you can look up the status of an application on there.
Thanks for the response. I remember they asked about a UCI on one of the forms (it wasn't applicable to me). Will they email me a UCI when I hear from them in late December or January then?

manisondh

Sep 27, 2012
Hi Computergreek,
I am going back to my home country to get marry after receiving my PR card in winnipeg. Can i sponser my husband without haing job in winnipeg? Do we apply the case from our homecountry or I have to apply it from Winnipeg?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
manisondh said:
Hi Computergreek,
I am going back to my home country to get marry after receiving my PR card in winnipeg. Can i sponser my husband without haing job in winnipeg? Do we apply the case from our homecountry or I have to apply it from Winnipeg?
Yes - you can sponsor without having a job.

You must be living in Canada when you submit the application and you must continue living in Canada while the applicaiton is being processed. So no - you cannot apply from your homecountry.

manisondh

Sep 27, 2012
Hi scylla thnx for ur quick response,
somebody told me that u must have a job to sponser ur husband and otherwise u hv to assure VO that u can support ur husband with some social assistance.
If i sponser him without job, how long this process will take?
waiting for ur reply....................

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
manisondh said:
Hi scylla thnx for ur quick response,
somebody told me that u must have a job to sponser ur husband and otherwise u hv to assure VO that u can support ur husband with some social assistance.
If i sponser him without job, how long this process will take?
waiting for ur reply....................
How long it will take depends on where your husband is from.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Eabie said:
Thanks for the response. I remember they asked about a UCI on one of the forms (it wasn't applicable to me). Will they email me a UCI when I hear from them in late December or January then?
yes - IF you get an AOR ( acknowledgement of Receipt) it will contain a file number ( starting with F) and a UCI (for the sponsor). With that, you can check ecas ( which doesn't really say much, but you can always check!). You might not get an AOR and get the sponsorship approval right away, so you'll have the UCI + File number at that point. Until then - well it's a waiting game..
Good luck,
Sweden

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
manisondh said:
Hi Computergreek,
As a PR, you must be in Canada to sponsor your new spouse.

You don't need a job, but you do need to be able to convince CIC that you won't require social assistance.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
RebeccaF said:
so it would be the same thing as re-entering with a study-permit or temporary work permit? I haven't had issues at the border yet, and am travelling on a German passport. If my sponsor is travelling with me, does that give me bonus points? ;) (also, on a somewhat related note - would you happen to know if I can go through passport control WITH my common-law partner, or would he still not be considered 'family'?)
I'm not sure about passport control (since you're a foreign national and your partner is a Canadian). I'm a US Citizen with a nexus card (as is my partner) so we just go through the Nexus lane anyway. Perhaps someone else has experience with this.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: Spousal sponsorship- outland but living inland

danko8 said:
Today we received by courier from CIC Visa office in Manila- The letter/document "Confirmation of Permanent Resident (IMM 5688)". It looks like she is suppose to bring this to the CBSA when she lands in Canada, and they will fill everything out since she applied as Outland.
Congratulations! Your wife has been approved for permanent residency. She can land in one of two ways:

- She can call the Inland Call Centre and request a landing appointment at an inland office. Generally that takes anywhere from 2-8 weeks (some offices are slower).
- She can present herself at any POE with immigration services - my understanding is that she must enter Canada (so she can't just go to the airport, for example) to do so.

Last month I did this by driving to the border, getting my passport stamped on the US side (to prove I was "entering Canada") and then turned around, entered Canada, had the BSO refer me to secondary and walked out 10 minutes later as a permanent resident of Canada. I was definitely not willing to wait for an inland landing appointment.

Assuming she gives the CBSA officer a mailing address, her PR card will be sent to her approximately two months after she lands.

manisondh

Sep 27, 2012
Hi computer greek,
Can u tell me ???????? What i have to do to convince CIC not to have social assistance to sponser my husband? Do i have to show my Bank Statement of specific limit, If yes then How much Amount?

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
computergeek said:
Nope. One of CIC's core strengths is the ability to add arbitrary delays to almost anything. That, and their ability to misplace documents bring us the system we all know and love/hate.

So, don't worry. They will get to you eventually. I know it's difficult - I waited 3 years, 3 months and 17 days - but who is counting? At the end I was sure I was losing my sanity. But it ended and it will do so for you as well.
I have a question computergeek, why on our CAIPS notes would my husband and I both have Unique client ID# and both different. Does this mean when we apply for them we should use his and when we ordered them a month ago the notes from his interview were not in the CAIPS notes. Could you explain please if you know. Also his medical and background check expired we are over the 2 year mark going on 25months. Could we get them redone and send them in or wait for them to ask for them. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks Micmac101

RebeccaF

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2012
AOR Received.
22-01-2013
computergeek said:
I'm not sure about passport control (since you're a foreign national and your partner is a Canadian). I'm a US Citizen with a nexus card (as is my partner) so we just go through the Nexus lane anyway. Perhaps someone else has experience with this.
guess we'll just try it out! :) Thanks for all of your help!

JuniorMe

Nov 17, 2012
Hi guys!

I am PR residing now in Manitoba. I received my PR November 2011. I have a girlfriend in the Philippines for a couple of years. She got pregnant when i got my visa. She is not declared common-law or conjugal partner on my application. We've planned to get married after i settled here on Canada. Then our child was born March 2012. Now i am planning to get married in the Philippines and later sponsor them as my spouse and dependent. I saw the new conditional permanent residence measure in the CIC website effective October 25, 2012.

I don`t know if i will able to sponsor them after we got married. The rules are confusing me.
Is our child proof that we have a relationship in more than a year? What will happen with my residency?
Is it best to sponsor them on family-class if we marry? Or is it better if they apply on a different stream, say Provincial nominee or Federal-skilled worker stream?

I don`t know what to do next. I hope you guys shed a light in my case.

Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JuniorMe said:
I don`t know if i will able to sponsor them after we got married. The rules are confusing me.
Is our child proof that we have a relationship in more than a year? What will happen with my residency?
Is it best to sponsor them on family-class if we marry? Or is it better if they apply on a different stream, say Provincial nominee or Federal-skilled worker stream?
I think it is fairly obvious that you have had a relationship for more than a year if you have a baby that was born in March. However, conjugal is really only for people who can not get married and for common law you have to actually live together for a year so it is best that you get married and sponsor them family class. That is the fastest and best way.

When you write about how you met and how your relationship developed, you should under no circumstances say that you lived together as a couple for 12 months or more before you landed as a PR because if you had, she would have been your common law and you should have added her to your immigration application and not doing that would get you in serious trouble. If you lived together for less than 12 months before you landed as a PR, that would be ok though.