Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 28 2014 (Inland AOR - CIC's mistake)
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Son's birth certificate request (Jun 11 2015)
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 3 2015. CoPR July 8 2015
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
scylla said:
You are supposed to complete the medical before you submit the application. If you wait until it's requested, this will delay the processing of your application. Your choice.
thank you for answering my question, Scylla.

One more question concerning medical exam inland.

Actually I went to Doc's office in Alberta for medical exam. They said they will mail the results directly to the immigration 10 days after the medical exam. Since I haven't submitted the application, I didn't think I should get it done then.

I am not really sure how others do it. The best solution I could come up with is to mail the application on the same day I take the medical exam. That way I can mail the receipt with the application and the results of the medical exam won't arrive immigration before my application.

Has anybody talked about having to synchronize the time to submit the application and the time to take the medical exam? Or am I missing some information?

Thanks

WaterDad

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2012
AOR Received.
31-07-2012
Med's Done....
21-03-2012
Passport Req..
19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made-- 01/12/2012
freshman said:
thank you for answering my question, Scylla.

One more question concerning medical exam inland.

Actually I went to Doc's office in Alberta for medical exam. They said they will mail the results directly to the immigration 10 days after the medical exam. Since I haven't submitted the application, I didn't think I should get it done then.

I am not really sure how others do it. The best solution I could come up with is to mail the application on the same day I take the medical exam. That way I can mail the receipt with the application and the results of the medical exam won't arrive immigration before my application.

Has anybody talked about having to synchronize the time to submit the application and the time to take the medical exam? Or am I missing some information?

Thanks

I had my medical performed (outland app) in March 2012. I sent in my formal application in April 2012. They just matched up the medicals sent, with the application received.

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
WaterDad said:
I had my medical performed (outland app) in March 2012. I sent in my formal application in April 2012. They just matched up the medicals sent, with the application received.
Thank you, WaterDad. I guess I'll have my medical done a couple of weeks before submitting my application or something.

This forum is great and you guys are awesome to take time to help newbies like me who has no clue.

I have a lot of questions still. I'll be back soon.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
freshman said:
I am an inland applicant and am about to submit the application. I am thinking about taking the medical exam when it is requested. Is the better to do it now? (btw does anybody find filling out the application stressful?)
The fastest applications are those that are complete when submitted. You want an application that a VO can pick up, go through and say "this application is complete and everything is done" so you get the fastest possible processing. If they have to contact you to do something, you move out of the fast track and into the "follow-up" track. It's never as fast.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
freshman said:
It doesn't matter in which order you do it, they will match up your medicals with your file. The receipt that you send along just allows them to look up the information in the medical system.

Dec 9, 2009
Thank you Leon for your quick response. I am planning to move Alberta from Ontario so when should i inform that is before going or settling down in Alberta and what the online address to inform them please.

manisondh

Sep 27, 2012
Thnx for ur reply computergreek
Actually, m going to get marry in a month, so after marriage i have to sponser my husband, so in that case is it poss. to sponser him without having job? How long it will take?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
21685 said:
Thank you Leon for your quick response. I am planning to move Alberta from Ontario so when should i inform that is before going or settling down in Alberta and what the online address to inform them please.
You can either update your address on the CIC website or call the call centre.

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
computergeek said:
The fastest applications are those that are complete when submitdted. You want an application that a VO can pick up, go through and say "this application is complete and everything is done" so you get the fastest possible processing. If they have to contact you to do something, you move out of the fast track and into the "follow-up" track. It's never as fast.
hi computer Greek I'm a lil bit worried. I'm an applicant and we are now on a second stage..my husband is a pr for almost 6years in winnipeg. We had a child and he is six years of age. We've been married for six years..I'm worried because we don't have lots of pictures of being together as a couple due to we don't have a camera I mean lots of proof unlike other married couple but since he lived in canada for six years and we had a child he flew back here in phils yearly.is it additional proof of his plane tickets do you think we will refused? Thanks for your answer.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
netsrak said:
hi computer Greek I'm a lil bit worried. I'm an applicant and we are now on a second stage..my husband is a pr for almost 6years in winnipeg. We had a child and he is six years of age. We've been married for six years..I'm worried because we don't have lots of pictures of being together as a couple due to we don't have a camera I mean lots of proof unlike other married couple but since he lived in canada for six years and we had a child he flew back here in phils yearly.is it additional proof of his plane tickets do you think we will refused? Thanks for your answer.
What was the status of your relationship when your husband landed? Was your child born before he landed and if so did he advise the visa office that the child was born?

From what you've said it doesn't sound like questions about the legitimacy of your relationship are the most likely, but there may be questions around whether or not you are members of the family class. If you were in a qualifying relationship (married or having lived together one year at the time your husband landed in Canada) then that relationship had to be disclosed to the visa office and you would have needed to be examined unless the visa office expressly stated they did not require you be examined. If your child was born prior to your husband landing, the child had to be disclosed to the VO and examined.

It's certainly possible the VO might ask questions about your relationship itself, but with a child and more than six years of history together you don't seem like a high risk relationship.

lucky4canada

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04th Dec, 2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
19th Dec, 2012
IELTS Request
N.A.
File Transfer...
15th Jan, 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
28th feb, 2013
Hi

I am going to upply under family class, my husband sponsoring me. Problem is my child's passport has just expired in october last month. can i still apply or do i have to first get it re-issued & then apply for PR as re-issue will take almost a month.

Pls help....

freshman

Star Member
Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 14 2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Dec 4 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct 10 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
July 19 2015
Proofs of relationship

Good Afternoon Everybody,

How important are emails as proof of relationship? I have pictures, some flight itineraries, stamps on passport, and letters from family.

I still have tons of emails exchanged between me and my husband. But I kinda hesitate to include them since most of them are personal.

But if I do include emails, how many do I include? One for each year? One for every six months? or all of them? (nah ill have to print a few hundred pages then :) )

What other things maybe useful as proof?

Thanks all!

lostwithoutu

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/11/2010
AOR Received.
never got
File Transfer...
09/12/2010
Med's Request
02/05/2012
Med's Done....
28/10/2010 redone 21/05/2012
Interview........
26/4/2012
Passport Req..
02/05/2012 as per letter will take in 18/06/2012
VISA ISSUED...
02/07/2012
LANDED..........
14/07/2012
freshman said:
Proofs of relationship

Good Afternoon Everybody,

How important are emails as proof of relationship? I have pictures, some flight itineraries, stamps on passport, and letters from family.

I still have tons of emails exchanged between me and my husband. But I kinda hesitate to include them since most of them are personal.

But if I do include emails, how many do I include? One for each year? One for every six months? or all of them? (nah ill have to print a few hundred pages then :) )

What other things maybe useful as proof?

Thanks all!
they are very important just include some and make sure u make sure its through out the whole time u were emailing tho phone bills?? phone cards keep all them that are used for callin as well, hope this helps

chilld of God

Nov 15, 2012
Jamaica
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston (Jamaica)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 23 2012
File Transfer...
July 11 2012
Med's Request
November 27 2013
Med's Done....
Febuary 8 2012 & December 4 2013
Interview........
NO NEEDED
Passport Req..
November 27 2013 Thank you Lord Jesus!
VISA ISSUED...
January 22 2014
LANDED..........
January 26 2014
About 3 Mondays ago I checked my ecas and saw double status on my ecas. at first it was only one line that says "Decision made/Application Received" but by Tuesday the top line disappeared leaving the bottom line that was originally there before and that same Tuesday I could no longer access ecas with my file number. only the client number works.

Decision made in process
Decision made Application Received

can anyone tell me what does this mean?????????????????????????????????????????????????

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
chilld of God said:
About 3 Mondays ago I checked my ecas and saw double status on my ecas. at first it was only one line that says "Decision made/Application Received" but by Tuesday the top line disappeared leaving the bottom line that was originally there before and that same Tuesday I could no longer access ecas with my file number. only the client number works.

Decision made in process
Decision made Application Received

can anyone tell me what does this mean?????????????????????????????????????????????????
You would need to give us a little more info to help but usually it's a good sign