july 9 2012 rcvd by CEM
Passport Req..
july 9, 2012 rcvd by CEM
VISA ISSUED...
aug. 9, 2012 DM
LANDED..........
aug. 27, 2012 praise God!
hi everyone..
i just want to ask f it is ok to get a new passport with my husband's last name on it while our application is still in process?i used my maiden name in our application since i already have a passport before we got married on oct, 2011..

any answer/reply is highly appreciated..thank you much

Airsun

Mar 24, 2012
Mohaab said:
Hey everyone,

My wife is canadian and she is sponsoring me, she was living with me outside canada for the last couple of years and she was working here so now she traveled back to canada and got a job there. she doesnt need this option c printout, right ? we can just send the last 12 months payslips or what ??

Thanks in advance :)
Your wife still needs the c printout as the immigration people uses it to asses whether she is under government assistance or not. SHe has taken an oath that she will support you for 3 years once you land so immigration needs to make sure she is able to do that. If she is under government assistance, then it might affect your application.

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Hi all, I thought I was ready to finally (after almost 2 years now) submit my wife's application. There were a number of issues that came up along the way, along with a lot of really bad information about what was required, etc. So I finally got my last impediment which was the Option C printout out of the way (had some issues because I am self-employed). I was looking for info on how to format the app and found this site. I really wish I had come here a long time ago since I have found more info here than from immigration.

Anyway, I read rjessome's app advice which was very helpful. The only difference I am going to make is an envelope for other documentation like receipts and stuff that can be odd shapes and sizes so it doesn't spill out all over the place. But I got a bit of a shock reading another thread where someone mentioned a new IMM0008 form and how the old ones are no longer accepted. ALL my forms were from my original app forms I downloaded when I started all this in December 09. So does this mean I have to redo all my app? Or should I just go ahead and submit it?

Also, what happens if her medical and police clearances expire while the app gathers dust in Mississauga (since I hear app times are now 90 days (from 30 when I started all this, nice job streamlining things government...).

Both me and my wife are really getting fed up with all the problems that always seem to pop up just when we think we are done. Her friends keep telling her stupid things like I don't intend to bring her here or I probably have a wife and kids here. Silly things sure. But after what is coming up on the THIRD year just to get the stupid app submitted what can I say? Oh, I also paid for the processing last year when I thought I was done. Have they raised the fees? Is there a time limit on the fee receipt? I don't know, and of course getting real info from them is like pulling teeth.

Any advice on how to proceed?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
scos said:
Hi all, I thought I was ready to finally (after almost 2 years now) submit my wife's application. There were a number of issues that came up along the way, along with a lot of really bad information about what was required, etc. So I finally got my last impediment which was the Option C printout out of the way (had some issues because I am self-employed). I was looking for info on how to format the app and found this site. I really wish I had come here a long time ago since I have found more info here than from immigration.

Anyway, I read rjessome's app advice which was very helpful. The only difference I am going to make is an envelope for other documentation like receipts and stuff that can be odd shapes and sizes so it doesn't spill out all over the place. But I got a bit of a shock reading another thread where someone mentioned a new IMM0008 form and how the old ones are no longer accepted. ALL my forms were from my original app forms I downloaded when I started all this in December 09. So does this mean I have to redo all my app? Or should I just go ahead and submit it?

Also, what happens if her medical and police clearances expire while the app gathers dust in Mississauga (since I hear app times are now 90 days (from 30 when I started all this, nice job streamlining things government...).

Both me and my wife are really getting fed up with all the problems that always seem to pop up just when we think we are done. Her friends keep telling her stupid things like I don't intend to bring her here or I probably have a wife and kids here. Silly things sure. But after what is coming up on the THIRD year just to get the stupid app submitted what can I say? Oh, I also paid for the processing last year when I thought I was done. Have they raised the fees? Is there a time limit on the fee receipt? I don't know, and of course getting real info from them is like pulling teeth.

YES! You need to do the new forms. They have changed significantly since December 2009. There are a few forms which require validating which then creates a page of barcodes that the visa officer can then scan into the system making it faster. Make sure you use all the new forms because from December 2009 yours are quite old. There are a couple forms that have a new version from February 2012. So u need to be sure u use the new ones or your file will be sent back to u from Mississauga before you're even approved as sponsor. Make sure you have all the forms listed here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp If there are any differences, redo yours! In fact it's probably just better to redo them all to make sure they're up to date. Just transfer the information on your old forms to the new forms and adding any little bits that need to be added.

The fees as of right now come to a total of $1040 (that is for one applicant without any dependents). The break down is: Sponsor fee: $75, Applicant fee: $475, and Right for Permanent Resident fee: $ 490 for a total of : $1040. If you didn't pay that before, then u will need to adjust the difference.

As for medical and police record check: The police record check needs to be no older than 3 months old when it reaches Mississauga. If it gathers dust there for an additional month then that's fine as long as when it reaches them it's no older than 3 months. The medical exam is good for a year, so as long as the year hasn't passed when it reaches them that should be fine. If it's over a year old (or 15 months if they will extend it) from the time the visa officer is ready to approve your wife's visa, then it will have to be redone before they will issue it.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
scos said:
The old forms are not accepted for applications filed after March 31, 2012. The forms themselves have not changed substantially, but they now generate a barcode page that can be scanned by CIC to avoid data entry. You need to update your application to use the current/latest versions of the forms, otherwise they will return the application to you.

scos said:
If they expire, they will either ask you to do them again or they will extend them. For example, medicals can be extended (and frequently are, particularly for those in the exempt family class from a country without endemic TB, for example.) Similarly, police clearance can be extended (this is particularly true if your spouse is present in Canada, since they can easily obtain Canadian and US police records in the security background checks.) But they have the right to ask you to repeat them.

scos said:
The fees have not changed and your fee receipt is good until it is either used or refunded.

scos said:
Update your application to use the current forms and send it in - it shouldn't take more than an hour to update those forms (probably more like 30-45 min total.)

Good luck!

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Thanks for the prompt advice. As I said, wish I had come here a long time ago. You guys are much more helpful. I will redo the forms. It will add a bit of mail wait for her to send me the app back but it isn't that bad.

The medical and police check expire in late August. Last time they were going to expire (the first attempt at submitting this thing back in 2011) I called the 888 number and they said you had to wait for existing ones to expire before getting new ones. If I do that I am looking at September at the earliest before I can even submit the app. Can I just send the medical and police check I have with the new form app? Then in August it would just be a matter of responding to a request to retest rather than still waiting to start from scratch (and hopefully the sponsorship side could still be worked on since that should only affect the app part). Does that make sense?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
scos said:
Thanks for the prompt advice. As I said, wish I had come here a long time ago. You guys are much more helpful. I will redo the forms. It will add a bit of mail wait for her to send me the app back but it isn't that bad.

The medical and police check expire in late August. Last time they were going to expire (the first attempt at submitting this thing back in 2011) I called the 888 number and they said you had to wait for existing ones to expire before getting new ones. If I do that I am looking at September at the earliest before I can even submit the app. Can I just send the medical and police check I have with the new form app? Then in August it would just be a matter of responding to a request to retest rather than still waiting to start from scratch (and hopefully the sponsorship side could still be worked on since that should only affect the app part). Does that make sense?
The police check cannot be more than three months old when your application reaches the Mississauga office. If you obtained the police check last year or early this year - you're going to need a new one. You can request a new PC now. You don't have to (and shouldn't) wait.

nsarai01

Jun 9, 2012
nsarai01 said:
Hello Everyone:

I just want to know that I have submitted my file to CIC on Feb 17, 2012 for Spousal sponsorship. I have made mistake. Instead of sending my file to Mississauga location I have send it to Alberta location even though it was for Outside canada file. I have also write them letter in regards to Withdrawal of application since it went to the wrong address. Does anyone have any idea how long would it take to get my file back from Alberta to my address??? If anyone can reply me back in regards, to this that would be great. Thanks very much.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
Hi
I got my option C printout today ! and i have my notice assessment too
Should i put this option C in the applications or a copy of that ?
what is this about ? :
A Enter the amount which appears on line 150 of your most recent notice of assessment (Option C printout) issued by the CRA.
B.Enter all the following payments that are included in the amount at line 150 of your Option C printout:
Provincial instruction or training allowance
Social assistance (paid by the province)
Employment insurance

Thanks

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
sheyda said:
Hi
I got my option C printout today ! and i have my notice assessment too
Should i put this option C in the applications or a copy of that ?
what is this about ? :
A Enter the amount which appears on line 150 of your most recent notice of assessment (Option C printout) issued by the CRA.
B.Enter all the following payments that are included in the amount at line 150 of your Option C printout:
Provincial instruction or training allowance
Social assistance (paid by the province)
Employment insurance

Thanks
Where are you seeing these questions?

zovkalove

May 17, 2012
I need help Leon> My application was denied due to doubt of a bona fide relationship. How does the appeal [rocess work and if so is there a way we can reaaply before that> What are the options and success rate? Please advise

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
parker24 said:
Where are you seeing these questions?
it's in the cic.gc.ca website ! actually its written that these are questions for FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT section in the Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283) , but my form doesn't have this part ! I think i should just put this option C in the application with other documents , am i right ?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
sheyda said:
it's in the cic.gc.ca website ! actually its written that these are questions for FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT section in the Financial Evaluation (IMM 1283) , but my form doesn't have this part ! I think i should just put this option C in the application with other documents , am i right ?
You don't need that at all, just Option C. Ignore IMM 1283 :)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
zovkalove said:
I need help Leon> My application was denied due to doubt of a bona fide relationship. How does the appeal [rocess work and if so is there a way we can reaaply before that> What are the options and success rate? Please advise
Your options depend upon whether or not you filed inland (judicial review is the only option here) or outland (IAD appeal is your best option here). Note carefully that you have very short time limits for appealing in either of these situations. Judicial review is described here (http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/fct-cf/pdf/Consolidated_ImmRules.pdf) and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf09-eng.pdf. You can read about IAD appeals here: http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/brdcom/references/procedures/proc/iadsai/info/Pages/marriage.aspx and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf19-eng.pdf.

Note: Judicial Review is not something you should approach without a qualified immigration attorney; it's litigation, and unless you are a litigator (or willing to learn how to be one) this is not an easy course of action - you have to present legal grounds on which the decision was not correct or was not a reasonable outcome.

IAD appeals can be done on your own, but you would be better served with an experienced qualified immigration attorney. However, this is a far gentler process, in which you can represent yourself (e.g., at an ADR). It's not going to be easy, and you will still need to educate yourself. There are threads on this site about IAD appeals.

Regardless, you really need to step back and ask yourself what has changed in your evidence - the visa officer was not convinced your relationship was a genuine one. Why not? If you do not yet have them, order a copy of your CAIPS/GCMS notes. Unless you can present a better case - in a new application or to the IAD - you aren't likely to change the decision.

Good luck.