N/A
PUJA said:
Ours is a dependent child case. Our Time line is:

Application filed: 12 Jan.
Approval : 22April
PPR: 8 May
in India affect Permenent residence application
Please reply
I don't know why local VO is asking for communication between you and your husband. It seems they think your husband is not in Canada. If he left canada after sponsorship approval, local visa office will deny your application. It is must that sponsor (if PR) lives in Canada during the entire processing of the application. Only short visit (2-3weeks) is allowed. This is the only reason I am living in Canada without my son since september 2011.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VPS said:
Doubts
1) Our application falls under spousal sponsorship and not under conjugal/common-law partner. My question is, does the sponsor need to fill the form IMM5409 which is Statutory Declaration of common-law union? Appreciate your response...

2)After getting the PR I was stationed in Canada for 15 months and post it was working in Singapore for almost 2 yrs and have filed the tax returns in Singapore. Now want to apply for spousal sponsorship. How can I include the option C if I was not in Canada for the past 2 yrs??? what do I have to do??

Thanks
V
1. No - you are married
2. Explain this in a letter and include a copy of your last tax return in Canada and a tax return from Singapore.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amy612 said:
I don't know why local VO is asking for communication between you and your husband. It seems they think your husband is not in Canada. If he left canada after sponsorship approval, local visa office will deny your application. It is must that sponsor (if PR) lives in Canada during the entire processing of the application. Only short visit (2-3weeks) is allowed. This is the only reason I am living in Canada without my son since september 2011.
That's correct.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
What a bolded explains it. First the stage one, then italics is stage two (I'm pretty sure, not 100% but that's what it seems to me :))
Stage 1 is sponsorship approval in Mississauga. Stage 2 is processing at the appropriate visa office.

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
rjessome said:
Sigh. This is NOT the best way to organize your application. I realize the person got approved and that's great. But really, the BEST way to organize your application is to put everything in the order of the CHECKLIST, do not use staples and do not use separate envelopes, or folders for anything other than the pictures. Use paperclips are large binder clips. Do NOT use little sticky flags either.

I've said this before on another thread but here it is again. When CIC receives your application they re-organize it in the way that suits them which is described as above. All of those extra folders, envelopes (other than for pictures), staples, dividers, WHATEVER, are REMOVED. The actual visa officer who assesses your file will NEVER see it the way you organized it. And adding extra stuff will also INCREASE the chances that documents may be lost because it has to be redone. Once it is organized properly, CIC drills a hole in the top upper left hand corner, inserts a fastener and then processes it.

Now a staple or a folder will not result in a refusal. But really, you are wasting time and money if you buy this stuff to organize your file because it all gets thrown away or recycled.

thanks for your answers, i have questions
Do you think it's ok that i write the date of pictures at the back of them? and date is enough or should i write the name of everyone in pics?
and what about paying fees? which one is better ? online or bank ...?
and about sponsorship evaluation , i started working from last month, what should i write in section 3, your personal net income, it means how much is my income in a year ? My employer write a letter for me which is said my income per hour, so my income depends how may hours i work in a month, So what should i write in " Amount, 12 month period starting and ending" ?
I'm going to send documents next week and i'm just too worry about them
Thanks

nsarai01

Jun 9, 2012
Hello Everyone:

I just want to know that I have submitted my file to CIC on Feb 17, 2012 for Spousal sponsorship. I have made mistake. Instead of sending my file to Mississauga location I have send it to Alberta location even though it was for Outside canada file. I have also write them letter in regards to Withdrawal of application since it went to the wrong address. Does anyone have any idea how long would it take to get my file back from Alberta to my address??? If anyone can reply me back in regards, to this that would be great. Thanks very much.

sxsdss

Jun 9, 2012
HI Senior Members,
I am about to start filling out my wife’s sponsorship application and needed some clarification and would really appreciate your help. My wife and I are Indian Citizen and Passport holder. I got my permanent residence as a dependent child in Feb 2009; however I continued to finish my graduate studies and subsequently worked in US. I have recently moved to Canada and have been admitted for another Graduate Program - full time in University of Toronto starting Fall 2012, so I did not take up any job in Canada. However, I have substantial savings to support my wife ~ 40K USD. Can show additional funding in terms of borrowing from siblings and all if the need be. My wife also holds a Graduate degree from US and is currently working in US on H1-B. We both went to same graduate degree program in US; however, we were working in different cities. She was in Boston and I was in Washington DC. But we have joint ownership of the car that she drives, joint insurance on her car, joint bank account that had all the saving till very recently ( as I have moved all my savings in TD Canda now), various flight tickets, and have shared same family plans for phone bills etc. We got married in Virginia in Jan 2012, just before I moved to Canada, so marriage certificate from VA. Following are the questions as we want to live together now. I would really appreciate if some one can either answer them or direct them to appropriate threads.

1) Ability to Sponsor: I know that I don’t need to have a job; however read couple of places that I should be able to support her for 3 years. Given that I will be taking around 85K in loans for my second masters from RBC Canda (without a co-signer), can that jeopardize my ability to sponsor her, in spite of the fact that I have around ~40K in liquid cash in my savings account?
2) For Outland Sponsorship: My wife has applied for her Temporary Resident Visa. She has had Canadian tourist visas in past. We were thinking that my wife can quit her job in US, and come over to stay with me in Ontario, Canada, while we would apply for her Outland PR Sponsorship from India as that would be faster.
a. In the mean time I wanted to know whether she would be able to get Extension of Stay on her temporary resident visa after 6 months under Outland Sponsorship by applying to CPC-Vegreville. Secondly will she be eligible for health care or we will have to go with private insurance provider. We are thinking of starting family and all so insurance/ health care will be important, and she would quit her job so she wont have US healthcare either.
b. Can she get/apply for Open Work Permit after clearance of Step 1 (90 days): Assessment of Sponsorship from CPC-M or she is not eligible to apply for Open Work permit. She would be quitting her job in US and moving to Canada and I won’t be able to work for another 2 years. So she wants to get in labor force ASAP..
3) For Inland Sponsorship: When she comes to Ontario, Canada on TRV, does she needs to have private insurance till she gets AIP or she would be eligible for health care after 90 days. I was seeing that it takes up to 11 months just to get AIP. From my understanding on Forum she would get her Open Work permit only after AIP, i.e. if we send in the application for Open Work permit, extension of stay, and In-land Canadian Immigration file all together. Do people receive a letter stating that the piece of document is their work permit after AIP if they have applied all together? She also wants to have the freedom to go to India..

Thank you for your patience in reading my long post and helping me see and make the best decisions.
sxsdss

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Don't apply inland if she wants the freedom to leave Canada. And yes - if you apply inland, she will only qualify for an open work permit once she has AIP (at around the 11 month mark).

She will not qualify for an open work permit if you apply outland.

Dawlphin_17

Star Member
May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-06-2012
Doc's Request.
22-08-2012 & 22-01-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2012
File Transfer...
10-09-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Hi guys,
Im a Canadian living in England with my common-law partner, sponsoring him to come to Canada with me, as my current UK work visa expired the end of October. Our plan has always been to return to Canada together when this happens. The thing we are struggling with is providing 'proof' we are planning to live together once we are in Canada. As neither of us have job offers there, or a place, we dont have much proof to offer, other then letters from friends and family stating they have known our intent to live in Canada and a letter from my parents stating we can live with them until we can get a place of our own.
We looked into opening up a joint bank account from england in canada (via HSBC) but they want to charge 100 quid to get that set up, and with all the other fees that go along with this application we just cant afford it at the moment.
Do you think these letters, along with all of the proof of our genuine relationship we wish to continue once i have to return to Canada will be enough? Any other suggestions?

Thanks

sumitd

Apr 16, 2012
ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2012
AOR Received.
12-06-2012
File Transfer...
12-06-2012
Passport Req..
05-07-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-30-2012/ PP received on the 7th of September
LANDED..........
September 21-2012
rjessome said:
I do this work for a living and have sat through many sessions with the Program Managers from various embassies and CPC Mississauga, Sydney and Vegreville while they instruct lawyers and consultants about how to organize and submit applications. The instructions I gave are THEIR instructions to legal representatives. And yes, some applications are WRONG. At the recent Canadian Immigration Bar Association conference held in Kelowna, the PM from CPC Mississauga (when discussing this issue) was talking about a recent file they had received that had two boxes full of paper. This was TOO much and they were very unhappy with it. They also discussed how things get LOST because papers get stuck in folders or envelopes or get mixed up when removing staples and sticky notes and little flags and when a paper is found days later it's almost impossible for them to match them up with the appropriate application. The volume of mail they receive every week is massive.

And you are wrong that every application has their own VO to process it. Every application FIRST goes to CPC Mississauga or CPC Vegreville for assessment of sponsorship. That's where they are reorganized. So the VO never sees the way someone originally organized an application. When it reaches the visa office it goes to data entry first. Then to storage, then to the paper screen officer, then recommendations given/instructions made, then back to storage, then checked on the BF date by admin staff to follow up on recommendations/instructions, then if a decision is recommended or further instructions required, forwarded to a VO for a review and either a decision or an interview, then back to storage, and then assigned to a VO on the morning of the interview, then decision entered or stored until the VO gets to it, then to the program manager or senior officer for review of the decision.

I am also trying to help people with how to organize their applications appropriately and get quicker processing and decisions. I've been doing that on this forum for over 4 years. You can read my posts and judge my advice for yourself but I think you will see that I have an idea of what actually happens in this process.
Hi there, some people don't like FREE ADVICE......

Any-ways, I just have a quick question for you**** my application was sent out on March the 9th, i included everything in my app except the MEDICAL****i am hoping they wont send my file back just cuz i didnt have the medical.
based on your experience have you seen a file come back as is without any UCI number just because there was no medical done prior to the application****
Also my wife had gone through the medical and the Doctor gave her the green slip, should i ask her to mail the receipt to me over here in Canada or she can hold on to it till they request the medical in INDIA/NEWDELHI.

Also i did sent out the PCC but the copy which is attested by Notary****will that make a difference as well.

Please advice...

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
nsarai01 said:
Hello Everyone:

I just want to know that I have submitted my file to CIC on Feb 17, 2012 for Spousal sponsorship. I have made mistake. Instead of sending my file to Mississauga location I have send it to Alberta location even though it was for Outside canada file. I have also write them letter in regards to Withdrawal of application since it went to the wrong address. Does anyone have any idea how long would it take to get my file back from Alberta to my address??? If anyone can reply me back in regards, to this that would be great. Thanks very much.

blondie1216

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2012 received 26-03-2012
AOR Received.
27-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012
Med's Done....
11-25-2011 extension requested from IO 11-20-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
December 27th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
January 14th, 2013 Decision Made!
LANDED..........
In a minute!
nsarai01 said:
Hello Everyone:

G.Ysabelle

Star Member
Sep 26, 2011
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sent Jan. 30, 2012, CIC received Feb. 02
Doc's Request.
Appendix A; Orig. NSO AOM; Passport; PP pics. of my kids - non accompanying
AOR Received.
AOR Feb. 2; DM & Approval May 8, 2012
IELTS Request
Exam date 09/2010 Band Score 7
Med's Done....
Jan. 09, 2012
Passport Req..
Received by CEM May 18; Letter dated June 6; Received June 14; Addt'l docs. sent June 22
Hi Leon and to all the Senior members here. Just need some advice if and only this will make possible. I had 2 tourist visa refused last year of May 2011, this was when me and my husband (now) still not married yet. The purpose of that 2 tourist visa is to celebrate his 50th Birthday as well for my very sick mother in law (breast cancer patient) to see at least her youngest daughter in law with me and my husband (my sponsor now)... we clearly state in our application the these purposes. Our Sponsorship Application is already approved on its 1st stage (Sponsor's Approval) and forwarded to Manila Office for further processing. Now, my mother in law is in more critical condition battling with her cancer which spread all over her body and were given only limited time. My husband and all his family in Edmonton just talk to me and they're hoping to grant their mother's wishes to be with my daughter (youngest grand daughter). Is there a way to have the Manila, Embassy office expedite our sponsorship application. Does a letter from my husband and his family is enough to make this happen? Will the Immigration officers sympathize with our situation? or will it be all useless to inform them?

Thanks a lot to all your input. God Bless.

KenShali

Jan 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011 Resubmit App.: 02-03-2011
Med's Done....
15-12-2010 & 15-3-2012
Interview........
02-05-2012
Passport Req..
9-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Hi...thanks for those who replied to my post!

I actually did the interview and had provided them with new FBI clearance and everything else required.
I was told that they will send me a passport request email once they complete their "own" background check. ::)

Now that the office is closed...where is my file? :-X

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
KenShali said:
Hi...thanks for those who replied to my post!

I actually did the interview and had provided them with new FBI clearance and everything else required.
I was told that they will send me a passport request email once they complete their "own" background check. ::)

Now that the office is closed...where is my file? :-X
Either NYC or Ottawa