+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
That is all fine on paper but try explain that to CBSA.... My husband is from the states Visa-exempt and we had 2 hours of questionning at the border it takes one agent to be having a bad day...it does remain their call...i would not risk it but then again to each their own!
Did you have the paperwork and did he get in?

gideonj

Oct 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2012
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
Hi all,

I hope that it isn't inappropriate for me to ask advice about how to complete my application here, if so I apologize and if there is a more suitable forum please direct me.

I'm trying to read all the instructions and guides, but I can't clarify one point. My situation: My Canadian common law partner who lives in Canada is sponsoring me to become a permanent resident, I am British, we live together in Canada currently.

Firstly, family is defined as to include any common law partner. So when I answer question 3 in form IMM008 (Generic Application Form For Canada)

How many family members, including you, are in this application?
The instructions state: Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

Well if it includes me and any family members, regardless of if they intend to accompany me in Canada, and family members includes common law partners, then I am inclined to put '2', myself and my Canadian partner. (Though she is obviously already Canadian), is this correct? It feels wrong, since she isn't applying.

Furthermore should I include her as a dependant? The instructions:

You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your common-law partner, if applicable,, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

Now I feel like I shouldn't include my partner here, but but I can't tell what the 'who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.' part pertains to - all of them, or just the children who are not already Canadian.

These forms are making my brain hurt, I hope I made sense, and thanks in advance for any advice.

waiting mode^__*

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 21, 2011 AIP & WP.... March 19, 2012
Doc's Request.
PCC - March 19, 2012
Med's Request
March 19, 2012
Med's Done....
April 21, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
gideonj said:
Hi all,

I hope that it isn't inappropriate for me to ask advice about how to complete my application here, if so I apologize and if there is a more suitable forum please direct me.

I'm trying to read all the instructions and guides, but I can't clarify one point. My situation: My Canadian common law partner who lives in Canada is sponsoring me to become a permanent resident, I am British, we live together in Canada currently.

Firstly, family is defined as to include any common law partner. So when I answer question 3 in form IMM008 (Generic Application Form For Canada)

How many family members, including you, are in this application?
The instructions state: Indicate the total number of family members included in your application. This includes yourself and any family members, regardless of whether they intend to accompany you to Canada or not.

Well if it includes me and any family members, regardless of if they intend to accompany me in Canada, and family members includes common law partners, then I am inclined to put '2', myself and my Canadian partner. (Though she is obviously already Canadian), is this correct? It feels wrong, since she isn't applying.

Furthermore should I include her as a dependant? The instructions:

You must provide the following details about each of your family members, whether they will be accompanying you to Canada or not. You must include your common-law partner, if applicable,, and all of your dependent children, and those of your spouse or common-law partner, who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.

Now I feel like I shouldn't include my partner here, but but I can't tell what the 'who are not already permanent residents or citizens of Canada.' part pertains to - all of them, or just the children who are not already Canadian.

These forms are making my brain hurt, I hope I made sense, and thanks in advance for any advice.
I remember to got confused with the same questionnaire too. I end up calling CIC... You are not supposed to include your common law partner ( canadian/ PR ) who is sponsoring you. Only dependent children that are not Canadian citizen should be included on this questionnaire.

Hopefully it's a right info. :)

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
rjessome said:
Did you have the paperwork and did he get in?
Ya i gave him my lawyers number my marriage certificate everything but it was a fight and a half to get in he even ask to talk to me...i told him that i knew our rights and if he wanted i could book a bus ticket back before the end of the six months just to show him intent...10 mins later we have the visa and the stamp even though we are from a visa exempt country

gideonj

Oct 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2012
Med's Done....
11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2013
Thanks waiting mode! It seems like that is how it should be! :)

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
While sending the spousal sponsorship application package for an outland application (applicant outside Canada and sponsor in canada), does the application has to be send out from Canadian address or can it be from any international address (Singapore residential address). Does it matter???

Thanks
VPS

ashunandal

Champion Member
Jun 23, 2011
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 26, 2012
File Transfer...
May 1, 2012
Interview........
July 31, 2012 (approved) went "in process" same day
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa stamped on August 3, 2012 and passport received back on August 13, 2012
LANDED..........
Oct 21, 2012
I want to contact my member of parliament (MP) in Canada about my case. I am currently out of the country in India and intend to return to Canada with my husband when he gets PR. I know I have to sign and send a consent form (is it the one for use of a representative on CIC site?) to my MP. Is it ok to fill out the form, sign it and then scan it and send to my MP by email or do I have to send it directly to her by mail (the original copy)? Can I get my mother who lives in my house to drop it off on my behalf if I cant email it? If I scan and email does it have to be notarized? Also, does the consent form from sponsor go only to the MP or does the MP have to send it to CIC as well to be authorized to have information about my case? If anyone has any experience with this, PLEASE HELP!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
thanks and good luck to all! :)

bilawal

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
Visa Office......
islamabad
App. Filed.......
2 august 2011
AOR Received.
june 2012
Med's Request
july 2012
Med's Done....
july 2012
Passport Req..
NOT YET.....BUT INSHALLAH TALLH SOON
LANDED..........
29-july -2013
Spousal sponsorship

HI to all seniors

i have some question!!
me and my brother apply for spouse sponcership in same time ,in november 11,2011.me and my brother wifes sponcer us,our case was clear from canadian embacy and they send file to isb embacy.
in april 2012 my brother got letter from isb embacy "ACKNOWLEDG OF RECIPENT",i think which is called AOR??in which have asked about wedding pics and emails.etc which he already submitted,and now in 6 june 2012 they send him a remeidcal paper.with in 30 days
but still i have not receive a singel paper..like aor etc?whats the reason?t my aor is not received
my brother name is asad and my name is bilawal, does they file open alphabaticaly?
and guide me about how can i check my APPLICATION status i have just my canadian embacy clearance paper,
in that paper
there is a UCI,UNIQUE CLIENT IDD
APPLICATION NUMBER
AND FILE NUMBER NUMBER
BUT WHEN I SEARCH THROUGH client idd IT SAY THERE IS NO RECORD
MY WIFE CALLS FROM CANADA IN CANADIAN EMBACY THEY HAVE SAID UR HUSBAND CASE IS CLEAR FROM CANADIAN EMBACY NOW ISB EMBACY WILL CHECK IT...

waiting for seniors responce!!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
Ya i gave him my lawyers number my marriage certificate everything but it was a fight and a half to get in he even ask to talk to me...i told him that i knew our rights and if he wanted i could book a bus ticket back before the end of the six months just to show him intent...10 mins later we have the visa and the stamp even though we are from a visa exempt country
Yeah, it's tough when you get an idiot at the border. Most know better. But at least he finally followed the rules. :)

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VPS said:
While sending the spousal sponsorship application package for an outland application (applicant outside Canada and sponsor in canada), does the application has to be send out from Canadian address or can it be from any international address (Singapore residential address). Does it matter???

Thanks
VPS
Doesn't matter.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Regd. Medical examinations.
1) Where do I find the country specific DMP list for spousal sponsorship medical examination?
2) When the application is made outland, does it matter if the applicant does the medical examination in the country of current residence (Singapore) while the visa office for outland application is a diff. country (India) ??
3) how long is the medical exam procedure?

Thanks
V

sheyda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 June 2012
AOR Received.
27 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
27 Aug 2012
Med's Done....
March 2012
Passport Req..
15 Jan 2013
Hi, thanks for this great forum

I'm going to send my husband applications next week, should i put forms and documents and pictures in a separate cover or envelope ? Or just all of them in one?? and about the pictures, the date of the picture is enough or should i write something else on the back of them? do they need album ?

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
sheyda said:
Hi, thanks for this great forum

I'm going to send my husband applications next week, should i put forms and documents and pictures in a separate cover or envelope ? Or just all of them in one?? and about the pictures, the date of the picture is enough or should i write something else on the back of them? do they need album ?

Hello here's the best way you can do for your Application. Try to look at "pelipeli's" forum here's the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html

Jun 8, 2012
Hi I am getting married this summer next month. I was wondering the Paris Embassy time line for processing time for sponsorship of spouses is 8 months. Could I go to another Embassy like the one in Ankara - Turkey it takes 5 month processing time. OR do I have to do the one in Paris?

Thank you, Jean.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GettingMarried said:
Hi I am getting married this summer next month. I was wondering the Paris Embassy time line for processing time for sponsorship of spouses is 8 months. Could I go to another Embassy like the one in Ankara - Turkey it takes 5 month processing time. OR do I have to do the one in Paris?

Thank you, Jean.
You have to use the one for your country of citizenship or country of residence.