Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
We just got a response from our MP since it's been 9 months since we submitted our app. According to them, medicals are valid, fees are all paid, and background checks are finalized..... what's next?

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deficient said:
Does anybody know what happens when one is given a medical furtherance deadline from CIC but does not meet the deadline?

I was sent a letter from CHC-London dated 9 March asking me to undergo further medical tests and a follow up x-ray and to have a report submitted ruling out TB, and the letter stated that they want all of that within 90 days of the date on the letter. It's now 3 days from the 90 days deadline and, due to various hold ups and having only had my final meeting with the doctor a week ago, the doctor writing the report doesn't seem to have produced anything yet. So it's surely not going to be submitted on time even if I chase him for it now.

The letter from CHC-London was addressed to the wrong address but did luckily arrive, and when informing CHC-London of the incorrect address by case-specific enquiry I received an auto-reply informing me that they await documents requested in a letter dated 28 March (which was the day before the 9 March letter was postmarked, or in other words they sat on it for almost 3 weeks before sending it, but there's nothing I can do about that really). I am hopeful that their system doesn't auto-fail my medical before 28 March if it seems to think that was the date on the letter, if auto-failing a medical is something that actually happens.

I should mention that the rest of my application still hasn't made it out of Mississauga yet so they are not yet at the point of being matched up.

Any insights? Am I basically just going to have my medical automatically failed, and is there any way for that to be rectified? Will this cause my whole application to be rejected?
Well first, March 28 is the date the letter left their office so that's why the reply stated that so you have a bit of extra time. And please explain whay you mean by "the rest of your application hasn't made it to Mississauga yet?" The instructions are that you have the extra tests done within 90 days. That doesn't necessarily mean that the report reaches them within 90 days. You've complied with their requirement by having the medical completed within the time frame. There won't be an automatic failure of your application. The doctor sends his report to the Regional Medical Officer and in that he will have recorded the dates you attended his office. They will see your compliance with their instructions. Any you have no way of knowing if the doctor has forwarded anything to the RMO as of yet. No need to worry.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Doubt about Police clearance certificates (PCC):

For some countries, as part of obtaining the PCC, one needs to provide for a requisition letter from the Canadian embassy. How can that be obtained? Is it a letter that is provided after the application form has been submitted or do we need to send across a separate request for this?

Thanks
V

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VPS said:
Doubt about Police clearance certificates (PCC):

For some countries, as part of obtaining the PCC, one needs to provide for a requisition letter from the Canadian embassy. How can that be obtained? Is it a letter that is provided after the application form has been submitted or do we need to send across a separate request for this?

Thanks
V
You wait until the visa office provides you with the letter requesting the police clearance certificate. They will do this during processing of your application when they get to that stage.

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
rjessome said:
Well first, March 28 is the date the letter left their office so that's why the reply stated that so you have a bit of extra time. And please explain whay you mean by "the rest of your application hasn't made it to Mississauga yet?" The instructions are that you have the extra tests done within 90 days. That doesn't necessarily mean that the report reaches them within 90 days. You've complied with their requirement by having the medical completed within the time frame. There won't be an automatic failure of your application. The doctor sends his report to the Regional Medical Officer and in that he will have recorded the dates you attended his office. They will see your compliance with their instructions. Any you have no way of knowing if the doctor has forwarded anything to the RMO as of yet. No need to worry.
Thank you for replying. Indeed, when I look at the letter again after reading your post, the wording is somewhat ambiguous about what exactly they expect of you within the 90 days, so your post is quite reassuring. I had the feeling they would count 90 days from 28 March since this is what their system produced when I queried my address so hopefully all will be ok. It's out of my hands anyway so I just need to relax.....!

Also, I meant "my application hasn't made it out of Mississauga yet" or in other words I'm still awaiting sponsor approval although I don't think that is too relevant.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
rjessome said:
You wait until the visa office provides you with the letter requesting the police clearance certificate. They will do this during processing of your application when they get to that stage.
Thanks a lot. Have another question...

Got my PR in 2008, lived in Canada for 15 months after getting PR. Was out of Canada for more than 2 yrs now. My questions are...
1) When I return to Canada next month (after being away from Canada for more then 2yrs) and apply for spousal sponsorship, do I need to wait for sometime before I can apply for spousal PR or can I apply as soon as I reach Canada?

2) Is there any procedure to take care of while applying spousal sponsorship due to the change of status from single (when I got my PR) to my married status now (inspite of the normal application procedures, photos, chats, emails etc etc....) ?

3) When do I have to get the medical examination done for my spouse? has it to sent out with application or do I wait for CIC to submit the medical request??

Appreciate your response
Thanks
V

PUJA

Apr 19, 2012
Did U give your email address to the embassy or is it a routine for them to call.Did they ask something concerning your application?

Can anybody help me ?
[/quote]

Annak88

Jun 7, 2012
Hi,

Just found this forum, and I'm so excited! I don't have the 100+ hours it would take to read this entire thread so I apologize if these Q's have been answered before. Also, I'm a complete noob, so don't hate me for asking dumb questions :)

I am Australian and my Canadian husband is sponsoring me. My temporary work permit expires in 23 days. If I read correctly, then as long as Vegreville receives my application then I am okay to stay in Canada past my visa expiration?

Also, we are travelling to Australia this October which means I will be leaving the country. Does this mean I should apply outland to ensure I can leave and come back?

Here's the trickier part... my husband was on Employment Insurance for about 6 months, but as of a month ago he has a job. Is the EI bad news for us? How could a lawyer fix this? Can we proceed without the lawyer?

Thanks very much for your help,
Annak88

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VPS said:
Thanks a lot. Have another question...

Got my PR in 2008, lived in Canada for 15 months after getting PR. Was out of Canada for more than 2 yrs now. My questions are...
1) When I return to Canada next month (after being away from Canada for more then 2yrs) and apply for spousal sponsorship, do I need to wait for sometime before I can apply for spousal PR or can I apply as soon as I reach Canada?

2) Is there any procedure to take care of while applying spousal sponsorship due to the change of status from single (when I got my PR) to my married status now (inspite of the normal application procedures, photos, chats, emails etc etc....) ?

3) When do I have to get the medical examination done for my spouse? has it to sent out with application or do I wait for CIC to submit the medical request??

Appreciate your response
Thanks
V
1. No wait time as soon as you move back to Canada. But you must remain a resident of Canada for the duration of the sponsorship and PR application of your spouse.
2. No. By applying and submitting a copy of your marriage certificate you are advising of the change of your marital status.
3. Medical is submitted with the complete application package.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Annak88 said:
Hi,

Just found this forum, and I'm so excited! I don't have the 100+ hours it would take to read this entire thread so I apologize if these Q's have been answered before. Also, I'm a complete noob, so don't hate me for asking dumb questions :)

I am Australian and my Canadian husband is sponsoring me. My temporary work permit expires in 23 days. If I read correctly, then as long as Vegreville receives my application then I am okay to stay in Canada past my visa expiration?

Also, we are travelling to Australia this October which means I will be leaving the country. Does this mean I should apply outland to ensure I can leave and come back?

Here's the trickier part... my husband was on Employment Insurance for about 6 months, but as of a month ago he has a job. Is the EI bad news for us? How could a lawyer fix this? Can we proceed without the lawyer?

Thanks very much for your help,
Annak88
1. You will remain on implied status (worker) as long as you submit an application for an open work permit and the appropriate fee for same WITH your In Canada Class spousal sponsorship application.
2. You are visa exempt to Canada so you can leave and will likely be allowed re-entry to Canada. You should show proof of your spousal sponsorship application at the port of entry (fees receipt & any correspondence from Vegreville). However, you will likely lose your implied status as a worker and be readmitted as a visitor and will have to stop working until you receive the open work permit. Grey area.
3. EI is a non-issue.

It's completely up to you whether or not you want to engage the services of a consultant or a lawyer. If you feel you can adequately prepare your own application in a complete and thorough fashion, then do so. If you don't, then it might be in your best interests to consult an authorized representative to get advice.

Annak88

Jun 7, 2012
rjessome said:
1. You will remain on implied status (worker) as long as you submit an application for an open work permit and the appropriate fee for same WITH your In Canada Class spousal sponsorship application.
2. You are visa exempt to Canada so you can leave and will likely be allowed re-entry to Canada. You should show proof of your spousal sponsorship application at the port of entry (fees receipt & any correspondence from Vegreville). However, you will likely lose your implied status as a worker and be readmitted as a visitor and will have to stop working until you receive the open work permit. Grey area.
3. EI is a non-issue.
Thanks for your help! But do you mean I need to apply inland, not outland?

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Annak88 said:
If you apply inland you cannot leave you have to remain in canada for the whole process.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Annak88 said:
Yes. In Canada Class. If you apply via the overseas sponsorship you will have to apply for a change of conditions from worker to visitor to be able to remain in Canada. Applicants who apply overseas do not receive implied status nor are eligible for Open Work Permits.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
If you apply inland you cannot leave you have to remain in canada for the whole process.
Not true. It is recommended that you do not leave Canada during the process IF you require a visa to re-enter as you may not be able to get another visa. Visa exempt individuals will be allowed to re-enter if they show proof of their application in process and do not have any admissibility issues. However, you cannot leave for long periods as you MUST remain living with your spouse during the process.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
rjessome said:
Not true. It is recommended that you do not leave Canada during the process IF you require a visa to re-enter as you may not be able to get another visa. Visa exempt individuals will be allowed to re-enter if they show proof of their application in process and do not have any admissibility issues. However, you cannot leave for long periods as you MUST remain living with your spouse during the process.
That is all fine on paper but try explain that to CBSA.... My husband is from the states Visa-exempt and we had 2 hours of questionning at the border it takes one agent to be having a bad day...it does remain their call...i would not risk it but then again to each their own!