+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
0jenifer0 said:

Hello here's the best way you can do for your Application. Try to look at "pelipeli's" forum here's the link:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-i-organized-our-applcation-and-a-summary-of-all-helpful-tips-i-have-learned-t92449.0.html
Sigh. This is NOT the best way to organize your application. I realize the person got approved and that's great. But really, the BEST way to organize your application is to put everything in the order of the CHECKLIST, do not use staples and do not use separate envelopes, or folders for anything other than the pictures. Use paperclips are large binder clips. Do NOT use little sticky flags either.

I've said this before on another thread but here it is again. When CIC receives your application they re-organize it in the way that suits them which is described as above. All of those extra folders, envelopes (other than for pictures), staples, dividers, WHATEVER, are REMOVED. The actual visa officer who assesses your file will NEVER see it the way you organized it. And adding extra stuff will also INCREASE the chances that documents may be lost because it has to be redone. Once it is organized properly, CIC drills a hole in the top upper left hand corner, inserts a fastener and then processes it.

Now a staple or a folder will not result in a refusal. But really, you are wasting time and money if you buy this stuff to organize your file because it all gets thrown away or recycled.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VPS said:
Regd. Medical examinations.
1) Where do I find the country specific DMP list for spousal sponsorship medical examination?
2) When the application is made outland, does it matter if the applicant does the medical examination in the country of current residence (Singapore) while the visa office for outland application is a diff. country (India) ??
3) how long is the medical exam procedure?

Thanks
V
1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx to search for a DMP
2. Can be done at any DMP in the world
3. Long enough for a basic physical, chest x-ray and blood tests

Jun 8, 2012
rjessome said:
You have to use the one for your country of citizenship or country of residence.
Thank you so much for that, is there any ways to speed up the process of this 8 months? Also can the wife come and visit me at all? Or she has to wait in Canada also for those 8 months?

Thanks Jean.

oreidapennsyltucky

Star Member
May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept. 13, 2011
AOR Received.
Nov. 23, 2011
Med's Done....
June 14, 2011
Passport Req..
May 1, 2012
Hi all,

I just received my COPR and I want to make sure I'm reading it correctly. Under "Application Details" it says "Valid to: 2013/05/12". Under "Medial Details" it says "Valid to: 06/13/2012". The enclosed letter indicates that I just need to land before the date under "Application Details". Is that correct?

Thank you!

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
rjessome said:
Sigh. This is NOT the best way to organize your application. I realize the person got approved and that's great. But really, the BEST way to organize your application is to put everything in the order of the CHECKLIST, do not use staples and do not use separate envelopes, or folders for anything other than the pictures. Use paperclips are large binder clips. Do NOT use little sticky flags either.

I've said this before on another thread but here it is again. When CIC receives your application they re-organize it in the way that suits them which is described as above. All of those extra folders, envelopes (other than for pictures), staples, dividers, WHATEVER, are REMOVED. The actual visa officer who assesses your file will NEVER see it the way you organized it. And adding extra stuff will also INCREASE the chances that documents may be lost because it has to be redone. Once it is organized properly, CIC drills a hole in the top upper left hand corner, inserts a fastener and then processes it.

Now a staple or a folder will not result in a refusal. But really, you are wasting time and money if you buy this stuff to organize your file because it all gets thrown away or recycled.

Sorry to say this , how did you know? are you working in the Canadian Embassy or a visa officer are you one of them ? For correcting other applicant's on how they organized their Application? All applicants had our own VO's so the process of our applications are depends on the VO who's handling our application , and if our application are straight forward, genuine, and complete especially to those applicant who didn't go out their country and stayed or lived abroad for more than 6months. I think it's easy for for the VO's to make the decision.

No applicant should say what right or wrong. All in this Forum are equal you shouldn't correcting other's on how they organize their Application because the good thing about it is that this people doing those kind of things to be able to give others some idea so it depends on us if we'll do the same thing. We should be thankful because their sharing it to us.

How about you would you like to show or share us your Timeline could you pls post it on your profile so that we can see how your Application goes.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
0jenifer0 said:

Sorry to say this , how did you know? are you working in the Canadian Embassy or a visa officer are you one of them ? For correcting other applicant's on how they organized their Application? All applicants had our own VO's so the process of our applications are depends on the VO who's handling our application , and if our application are straight forward, genuine, and complete especially to those applicant who didn't go out their country and stayed or lived abroad for more than 6months. I think it's easy for for the VO's to make the decision.

No applicant should say what right or wrong. All in this Forum are equal you shouldn't correcting other's on how they organize their Application because the good thing about it is that this people doing those kind of things to be able to give others some idea so it depends on us if we'll do the same thing. We should be thankful because their sharing it to us.
I do this work for a living and have sat through many sessions with the Program Managers from various embassies and CPC Mississauga, Sydney and Vegreville while they instruct lawyers and consultants about how to organize and submit applications. The instructions I gave are THEIR instructions to legal representatives. And yes, some applications are WRONG. At the recent Canadian Immigration Bar Association conference held in Kelowna, the PM from CPC Mississauga (when discussing this issue) was talking about a recent file they had received that had two boxes full of paper. This was TOO much and they were very unhappy with it. They also discussed how things get LOST because papers get stuck in folders or envelopes or get mixed up when removing staples and sticky notes and little flags and when a paper is found days later it's almost impossible for them to match them up with the appropriate application. The volume of mail they receive every week is massive.

And you are wrong that every application has their own VO to process it. Every application FIRST goes to CPC Mississauga or CPC Vegreville for assessment of sponsorship. That's where they are reorganized. So the VO never sees the way someone originally organized an application. When it reaches the visa office it goes to data entry first. Then to storage, then to the paper screen officer, then recommendations given/instructions made, then back to storage, then checked on the BF date by admin staff to follow up on recommendations/instructions, then if a decision is recommended or further instructions required, forwarded to a VO for a review and either a decision or an interview, then back to storage, and then assigned to a VO on the morning of the interview, then decision entered or stored until the VO gets to it, then to the program manager or senior officer for review of the decision.

I am also trying to help people with how to organize their applications appropriately and get quicker processing and decisions. I've been doing that on this forum for over 4 years. You can read my posts and judge my advice for yourself but I think you will see that I have an idea of what actually happens in this process.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
0jenifer0 said:

How about you would you like to show or share us your Timeline could you pls post it on your profile so that we can see how your Application goes.
She works as an immigration consultant sooo she does know...

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oreidapennsyltucky said:
Hi all,

I just received my COPR and I want to make sure I'm reading it correctly. Under "Application Details" it says "Valid to: 2013/05/12". Under "Medial Details" it says "Valid to: 06/13/2012". The enclosed letter indicates that I just need to land before the date under "Application Details". Is that correct?

Thank you!
Yes, land before 2013/05/12.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GettingMarried said:
Thank you so much for that, is there any ways to speed up the process of this 8 months? Also can the wife come and visit me at all? Or she has to wait in Canada also for those 8 months?

Thanks Jean.
Prepare a well organized, thorough application is the best advice anyone can give you. She may be able to visit you in Canada depending upon whether she is visa exempt or not.

VPS

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-09-2012
File Transfer...
20th sept 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Interview........
Nopes
Passport Req..
01-10-2012, PP sent n recvd 19-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
4 th Feb 2012, received on 11th Feb 2012
LANDED..........
March first week
Doubts
1) Our application falls under spousal sponsorship and not under conjugal/common-law partner. My question is, does the sponsor need to fill the form IMM5409 which is Statutory Declaration of common-law union? Appreciate your response...

2)After getting the PR I was stationed in Canada for 15 months and post it was working in Singapore for almost 2 yrs and have filed the tax returns in Singapore. Now want to apply for spousal sponsorship. How can I include the option C if I was not in Canada for the past 2 yrs??? what do I have to do??

Thanks
V

PUJA

Apr 19, 2012
rjessome said:
I do this work for a living and have sat through many sessions with the Program Managers from various embassies and CPC Mississauga, Sydney and Vegreville while they instruct lawyers and consultants about how to organize and submit applications. The instructions I gave are THEIR instructions to legal representatives. And yes, some applications are WRONG. At the recent Canadian Immigration Bar Association conference held in Kelowna, the PM from CPC Mississauga (when discussing this issue) was talking about a recent file they had received that had two boxes full of paper. This was TOO much and they were very unhappy with it. They also discussed how things get LOST because papers get stuck in folders or envelopes or get mixed up when removing staples and sticky notes and little flags and when a paper is found days later it's almost impossible for them to match them up with the appropriate application. The volume of mail they receive every week is massive.

And you are wrong that every application has their own VO to process it. Every application FIRST goes to CPC Mississauga or CPC Vegreville for assessment of sponsorship. That's where they are reorganized. So the VO never sees the way someone originally organized an application. When it reaches the visa office it goes to data entry first. Then to storage, then to the paper screen officer, then recommendations given/instructions made, then back to storage, then checked on the BF date by admin staff to follow up on recommendations/instructions, then if a decision is recommended or further instructions required, forwarded to a VO for a review and either a decision or an interview, then back to storage, and then assigned to a VO on the morning of the interview, then decision entered or stored until the VO gets to it, then to the program manager or senior officer for review of the decision.

I am also trying to help people with how to organize their applications appropriately and get quicker processing and decisions. I've been doing that on this forum for over 4 years. You can read my posts and judge my advice for yourself but I think you will see that I have an idea of what actually happens in this process.

Since you are working as an immigration consultant.
I seek your advise on our case.(if you could give some time for that).

Ours is a dependent child case. Our Time line is:

Application filed: 12 Jan.
Approval : 22April
PPR: 8 May

Ours is a dependent child case.Me,my husband and my elder son got our PR in Jan 2010 .My Husband is an Orthodontist .We stayed in Canada for one month in 2010 and came back since other preoccupations had to be completed before we permanently move to Canada

Now my husband has got admission in a good course in Canada, so he went to Canada in Jan stayed for two months and applied for sponsorship of our second child who was born in home country in July 2010( due to some medical reasons ,I could not travel to Canada)
We have put all admission papers,education loan approvals etc ,birth certificate ,medical certiicate for not travelling for delivery in the file itself
Now VO has asked for copies of all pages of sponsor's passport and also communication between me and my husband ( in the form of phone bills,emails,etc.)
What do you think they need communication between me and my husband when we stayed together all the time.
Does the local cic office after approval as a sponsor sees whether the sponsor is in India or Canada.Does presence of sponsor in India affect Permenent residence application
Please reply.

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
rjessome said:

Really wow!!! i'm hoping you can give me advice too sometimes.

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
rjessome said:

Is this process is for the stage 1 for the sponsor or stage 2 for the applicant once the application forwarded for applicant processing ?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013

Is this process is for the stage 1 for the sponsor or stage 2 for the applicant once the application forwarded for applicant processing ?

What a bolded explains it. First the stage one, then italics is stage two (I'm pretty sure, not 100% but that's what it seems to me :))

PUJA

Apr 19, 2012
Since you are working as an immigration consultant.
I seek your advise on our case.(if you could give some time for that).

Ours is a dependent child case. Our Time line is:

Application filed: 12 Jan.
Approval : 22April
PPR: 8 May

Ours is a dependent child case.Me,my husband and my elder son got our PR in Jan 2010 .My Husband is an Orthodontist .We stayed in Canada for one month in 2010 and came back since other preoccupations had to be completed before we permanently move to Canada

Now my husband has got admission in a good course in Canada, so he went to Canada in Jan stayed for two months and applied for sponsorship of our second child who was born in home country in July 2010( due to some medical reasons ,I could not travel to Canada)
We have put all admission papers,education loan approvals etc ,birth certificate ,medical certiicate for not travelling for delivery in the file itself
Now VO has asked for copies of all pages of sponsor's passport and also communication between me and my husband ( in the form of phone bills,emails,etc.)
What do you think they need communication between me and my husband when we stayed together all the time.
Does the local cic office after approval as a sponsor sees whether the sponsor is in India or Canada.Does presence of sponsor in India affect Permenent residence application
Please reply