+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deficient said:
If, at that time, he included the child on the new PR application and she was examined, does she then miraculously form part of the family class despite being excluded from it in connection to an earlier application? Or, in other words, does the judgement that a child is excluded from the family class lapse when the associated PR status lapses, or does that judgement remain regardless of the PR status?
That is a good question which I don't know the answer to. One could say this is a brand new application or one could say it is still the same child. However, before the man went to his home country to take care of his child, he could try to apply for the child on humane and compassionate grounds. Going to the media, telling his story of how his evil ex refused the medicals back when, now she has died and the poor child is an orphan, working through his MP as well, he might actually have a chance.

However, it is better to avoid situation like that all together by getting the medicals for the child, either by convincing the ex or do it when the father has visitation with the child. It seems to me that many fathers do not try very hard.

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Leon said:
That is a good question which I don't know the answer to. One could say this is a brand new application or one could say it is still the same child. However, before the man went to his home country to take care of his child, he could try to apply for the child on hmane and compassionate grounds. Going to the media, telling his story of how his evil ex refused the medicals back when, now she has died and the poor child is an orphan, working through his MP as well, he might actually have a chance.

However, it is better to avoid situation like that all together by getting the medicals for the child, either by convincing the ex or do it when the father has visitation with the child. It seems to me that many fathers do not try very hard.
I would like to say for my case, the ex was asked several times, the situation was explained numerous times to her and still she refuses, and so much so that the daughter cried about even going.. so the ex really created a sad situation.. I cant speak for everyone else, who didnt try very hard, but I know what my husband has gone through, the stress and the fighting has caused many problems and heartache for everyone involved... Everyone has their own story to tell, and not all have happy endings, sad but true. thanks for the interesting question

blupassion06

Apr 11, 2012
Re: Advice / expectation on next steps

EagerFever said:
Dear All,

I would greatly appreciate some advice on the following timelines / case:

As a brief b/g my timelines are as follows:
- Application was received on Nov 23, 2011
- We received a correspondence of Sponsorship approval on Jan 24 in which they also indicated file was xferred to Buffalo.
- Feb 23 my husband received a correspondence that his file is in Buffalo.
- April 10 my husband received a letter stating:
We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.
Additional documents required: No additional documents are required at this time.
Medical information: We have received the results of your medical examination.

My Qs:
- Is this (latest corresponence) an AOR or In Process (E-Cas still shows application received under his name)
- What happens after?
- When do you think they may send a PPR?
- What happens after a PPR comes in?
- Do they ever reject at a stage when they send a PPR?
- How much time would he have to wrap up?

I would greatly appreciate your advice and support on this.

Warm Regards,
EagerFever
HEY! I'm new to this whole site and finding it very helpful..we are in the same boat as you. Our timeline is a bit different..we submitted our application in December 2011. I'm the applicant, I just received the same email about the initial assessment being completed. And pretty much have the same questions as you..if someone can shed some light on them it would be great.

Good luck to ALL :)

chaz1990

Apr 11, 2012
Hey

I am currently filling in my forms and looking for some advice.

1) For the forms that want from-to dates, if the to date is present - do leave it blank? Or Hand write PRESENT?

2) Do I need to get my own Police Certificate, or is this just for applicant OUTSIDE Canada?

3) Is it best to get my medical done so my application is fully complete,or will this not speed up the process? As it does state that I do not have to do the medical for the first stages of just sending the application.

4) For Immigration Pictures, where is the best place to go?

Any extra advice would be greatly appreciated

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
chaz1990 said:
Hey

1) For the forms that want from-to dates, if the to date is present - do leave it blank? Or Hand write PRESENT?

2) Do I need to get my own Police Certificate, or is this just for applicant OUTSIDE Canada?

3) Is it best to get my medical done so my application is fully complete,or will this not speed up the process? As it does state that I do not have to do the medical for the first stages of just sending the application.

Hi Chaz

1. dont leave anything blank
2. if it states u need police check then yes get one
3. We did medical and sent with application
4.Depending where you are for photos, We did ours at Shopper's Drug Mart, also know
Walmart does them.

hope this helps, only speaking from my limited experience.

CanadiansWife

Sep 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 14, 2011
File Transfer...
Feb 03, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 18, 2011
Passport Req..
Feb 23, 2012 (New Delhi recieved it March 24, 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
May 7, 2012
chaz1990 said:
Hey

1). I would hand write with black ink pen "Present" to be on the safe side. Don't leave anything blank, because they can assume that you accidentally left it out.
2.) Yes you must send in Police Clearance for every country or state you have lived in since you were 18 years old. You do not need to send this with the application, you can send this later on... like with your passport when they request it.
3.) Where did you read that you don't need to send in medical right away? You have to send in your medical with the application and include the copy that the doctor will give you, with the application. Otherwise, you will risk CIC-M sending the entire package back to you. So make sure you get your medical's done before sending in the application
4.) You can go to any pharmacy store (CVS, Walgreen, Walmart), that offer passport and immigration pictures, so get the pictures taken.

Best of luck!!

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
CanadiansWife said:
1). I would hand write with black ink pen "Present" to be on the safe side. Don't leave anything blank, because they can assume that you accidentally left it out.
2.) Yes you must send in Police Clearance for every country or state you have lived in since you were 18 years old. You do not need to send this with the application, you can send this later on... like with your passport when they request it.
3.) Where did you read that you don't need to send in medical right away? You have to send in your medical with the application and include the copy that the doctor will give you, with the application. Otherwise, you will risk CIC-M sending the entire package back to you. So make sure you get your medical's done before sending in the application
4.) You can go to any pharmacy store (CVS, Walgreen, Walmart), that offer passport and immigration pictures, so get the pictures taken.

Best of luck!!
I really dont understand why ppl give out information on what you don't HAVE to do?? If they ask for a police clearance on the document checklist, shouldn't you send one? Over and over I see this and then ppl whine and complain about long wait times, delays and such. If your application is complete you do have a speedier process. You gave great advice but I disagree with that one point about the pcc.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Help pls!!!

Can anyone tell me what is Client ID? and how can my sponsor have it? my sponsor is my husband who is a natural born canadian.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

leo77

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
my wife didnt get her client i.d until we got approved in principal (she's sponsor), and we both recieved a letter the same day about the decision made and her client i.d was on the top of said letter.

CAPRWIFE

Apr 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2012
File Transfer...
July 10, 2012
Med's Done....
March 15, 2012
Passport Req..
July 23, 2012 ND received on: July 25, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with Visa received on : Sep 17, 2012
You will have client ID only if you were a landed immigrant or on other visa. But if he is a natural born canadian. I don't think he will have one . Seniors plz clarify here.
chelseaviel said:
Help pls!!!

Can anyone tell me what is Client ID? and how can my sponsor have it? my sponsor is my husband who is a natural born canadian.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
CAPRWIFE said:
You will have client ID only if you were a landed immigrant or on other visa. But if he is a natural born canadian. I don't think he will have one . Seniors plz clarify here.
You will have a client ID once you go through STEP1 which is sponsorship approval. You will then be able to access E-CAS to view all updates.

chaz1990

Apr 11, 2012
Hey,

Thanks for the help, and I ask about the police certificate just because I didn't know if i was suppose to obtain it myself or just fill out the Appedix A Form to give permission for immigration to obtain one.

Just want to make sure everything is done correctly, so they do not send it back.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Thanks for the reply:)

Actually he just paid the sponsorship application yesterday without the client ID at the back of the Form IMM 5401 we are about to send the application (Spousal) tomorrow so I hope everything will be ok. Im just a bit confuse about the client ID:(

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
chelseaviel said:
Thanks for the reply:)

Actually he just paid the sponsorship application yesterday without the client ID at the back of the Form IMM 5401 we are about to send the application (Spousal) tomorrow so I hope everything will be ok. Im just a bit confuse about the client ID:(
It's fine, unless you already have an application in process you would not have a UCI yet. Everything is ok.

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
I have a question, my husbands file has been approved and sent over to New Delhi from Canada. I know the website says it will take 6 months for step 2. I am wondering on average how long would it take to get visa. We have added the medical and PCC along with the file. I am hearing it will take about 3 months for them to request his passport. Plz help.