auda :)

Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good day fellow forumers!!!

i sent our application last Apr 5...and according to canadapost, it has been successfully delivered to CPC-M last Apr 10. I even paid additional fees so someone will sign it...

how will the CPC-M notify me if they really have my application already? are they going to send me email? or a snail mail??? how long will I wait? any idea?

gagan88

Apr 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my visa fo canada got refused only because y sponsor did not stay in canada after the approval........visa offic say that he should stay until the decision is made.
please help what to do???
they will send letter of appeal in canada.
and now how long will it take to solve the case.?and my medical and pcc has also expired will they ask again???

Woffles

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
Hi there

So I'm about to start my application to extend my status as a visitor (my UK IEC working holiday visa expires mid June), and I will be applying for PR somewhere between July and September (I haven't decided if I'm going to base our common law status as starting when we first moved in together, but subletted in a shared house so our names were not on the lease, or play it safe and apply in September when we moved into our own place). Basically just wanted to know if it's ok for me to put that I will be applying for (Outland) PR as one of the reasons that I want to extend my status or not (the other reasons will be wanting to stay for another ski season and I have my pass already, the lease on our place is up in September so don't want to break that and would also like to sign a new one and continue living here and we also have pets now so don't want to leave them either). Might this cause an issue with my extension to stay as a visitor or is it better just to be open about it? I have the funds to support myself for the 6-8 months estimated processing time and my boyfriend will be working.

Also, if the extension is about to expire before the PR decision comes through, do I apply to extend again? Although I am applying Outland, I will not be leaving Canada during the processing time, barring a family emergency (touch wood this doesn't happen!).

Thanks very much :)

mfanous007

Sep 2, 2011
My wife (Canadian born citizen) and I (US citizen) are waiting to get our official marriage cert, (8-10 weeks after the ceremony which was Feb 29th) we will be applying out land. I am from Michigan but am not sure if I should be applying to Buffalo or Detroit. I am moving back to Michigan today, and we have been trying to find a way that we wont have to be living apart during the process (approx 2 months for sponsorship approval, then 4-6 months for the rest as I have read). what is the process of obtaining a work permit? I know the employer would need to get a LMO but I read earlier in a response on this thread in regards to a Japanese citizen that once the employer gets the LMO that person whom is visa exempt just needs to go pick up their permit. are there any steps im missing? I always thought the employer applies for LMO, then if that is accepted I apply for a work permit, and then if that is accepted I can pick up work permit at border entry. Am I correct and just misunderstood the earlier post, or is that post correct? and what do the time frames look like for that? I swear every time i go to service Canada or the hsrdc websites i get lost in so many links. Basically its going to be hard on the two of us and we understand that but trying to see all the options, thanks again in advance

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mfanous007 said:
I know the employer would need to get a LMO but I read earlier in a response on this thread in regards to a Japanese citizen that once the employer gets the LMO that person whom is visa exempt just needs to go pick up their permit. are there any steps im missing? I always thought the employer applies for LMO, then if that is accepted I apply for a work permit, and then if that is accepted I can pick up work permit at border entry. Am I correct and just misunderstood the earlier post, or is that post correct?
If you are visa exempt and have the positive LMO in your hand, you can arrive at the border with your $150 and apply for your work permit there and get it instantly.

Phlcan

Feb 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
So they already applied as married even though one of them is already married from before and not divorce or annulled? In my opinion, it would be best to be honest. Write a letter to the visa office and state that you made a mistake and now you believe from what you have been told that your marriage may not be legal in which case you want to change your status to common law partners and give evidence of living together. Then include whatever evidence you have.
What if the woman is using the last name of the second man? It is written on all of her documents, even passport.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Phlcan said:
What if the woman is using the last name of the second man? It is written on all of her documents, even passport.
Name is irrelevant. In many countries, including Canada, people are allowed to change their name if they want to. You do not have to be married to change your name. Besides, they are married, although their marriage is probably not legal since one of them is now married to two people.

cgagnon

Nov 10, 2011
Montreal,QC
Category........
Visa Office......
LA(Buffalo)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2012
AOR Received.
None
File Transfer...
31-05-2012
Med's Done....
13-12-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10/10/2012
Leon said:
Name is irrelevant. In many countries, including Canada, people are allowed to change their name if they want to. You do not have to be married to change your name. Besides, they are married, although their marriage is probably not legal since one of them is now married to two people.
Unless you are moving to quebec. Quebec does not allow name changes unless you were married in early 80's. We all must go under our maiden names.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Hello Leon and All!

We are almost done in preparing for our application to be sent off. i just came across to the document checklist which says 2 photos of the applicant and any if his/her dependent children in Canada. Does it mean that i also have to include 2 photos og my 5 month old? to my understanding she's already a citizen since she already got her passport last week but i just want to have some clarrification.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Mrslwsn said:
It's fine, unless you already have an application in process you would not have a UCI yet. Everything is ok.
Thank you:)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cgagnon said:
Unless you are moving to quebec. Quebec does not allow name changes unless you were married in early 80's. We all must go under our maiden names.
I think banning it is going pretty far but I also don't see the reason why you should change your name when you get married. Back in the 50's or 60's when people were more prudish, it was sometimes a problem for a travelling couple to get a hotel room together unless they had the same last name but those days are long gone.

Mohaab

Apr 14, 2012
hey i need your help please. My wife is Canadian and she lives with me in Egypt rightnow and she wants to sponsor me so what should we do exactly rightnow and do we apply our applications in the visa office here or what exactly ?? and if we applied from here, would it take more time or less than if she traveled to do it from Canada ??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mohaab said:
hey i need your help please. My wife is Canadian and she lives with me in Egypt rightnow and she wants to sponsor me so what should we do exactly rightnow and do we apply our applications in the visa office here or what exactly ?? and if we applied from here, would it take more time or less than if she traveled to do it from Canada ??
You can find the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp#step1

If she sponsors you while living in Egypt, she will have to write up some plans about moving to Canada once you get your PR and preferably show some proof of that which could include a job offer, having arranged housing, being accepted to a university or at the very least, plans on where to live, what kind of jobs you will apply for and some letters from her friends or family stating that they know of your plans and will support you and help you out when you arrive. If she sponsors you while living in Canada, she does not have to show such plans.

You will send your application to Mississauga but you can read about this in the instructions.

Mohaab

Apr 14, 2012
ok let me make sure i understood everything here, we will both complete our applications and all required documents and eviedence then pay the fees online and get the receipt then mail everything together to CPS in Mississauga, Right ??? and also if u can help me with the kashf al ahl thing, should i change my ID from single to married so kashf al ahl includes me and my wife or should i just take my dad's ID and get kashf al ahl for me, my parents and my brother or should i do both ??

Thank you very much for youe help :)

Mohaab

Apr 14, 2012
sorry i also forgot to ask you, is it better to do it that way or is it better for my wife to travel to canada and she apply it there ??

im sorry that im asking alot of questions but i wanna no everything so we can start