13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
CharlieD10 said:
You should be close to the end, since they are covering his admissibility by covering the admissibility of his dependents, and your file is at a satellite office. Medicals are generally among the last checks.
Thank you so much. appreciate your quick reply. :)

SuperVisa

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is someone applying for an authorization to re-enter Canada (ARC)?
I was a child (13 years old) when my parents applied for refugee status and PRRA(8 years ago). Those applications were denied.
I am applying for permanent residence (family class- spousal sponsorship)) and the VO asked me to make a request to reenter Canada and pay the cost of the deportation.
Could someone show me or guide me how to make the request, please?.
Has somebody a copy of the request letter for ARC that Immigration send the applicant?

Thank you for your help.

tala14

Apr 9, 2012
CONGUGAL SPONSORSHIP

I have a boyfriend, we been through the years... He is now a Canadian Citizen, Divorced in 2004 and we have a 6 years old daughter. He wanted to sponsor us in Canada so last year he went home here in the Philippines and we planned to get married. The problem is... his divorced did not recognize here in the Philippines because he had a previous marriage from her ex-wife that burden us to get married. He went back in Canada...
It’s so hard for me and to our daughter that my boyfriend and her father is far away from us... we only feel that he is with us when we talk and see thru chat in the internet. He tried to find a job here but the salary is not enough from us. He also has 2 sons from her ex-wife and living there in Canada.
My question is... can my boyfriend sponsor me as a conjugal partner? Is there a possibility for us to approve from Canadian immigration if we file it as a conjugal sponsorship? Because we don’t want to get deny our applications..
I appreciate your advice...thanks..God bless!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lasiar said:
this is a very difficult situation, the ex spouse will not allow the child to be examined (7rys old) My husband would if he did not have to fight to be able to. She wrote letters and sent emails to the visa office and they responded with no medical required. All my husband and I want is to be happy and together but this certainly has affected our excitement. And lastly if you know, where in the process part is this? close to a decision? Anxious! Thank you Again Charlie.
They might want to make sure that his ex hasn't changed her mind.

Have you explained to the ex that:

1. Getting the medicals does not mean he can steal the child if he doesn't have full custody. Immigration is very strict on people having full custody of their children before they would ever issue a PR visa, besides Canada and the US are both a party to an international agreement on child custody so if he were to manage to steal the child to Canada, the Canadian police would hound him down and send the child back.

2. Not getting the medicals means he can never sponsor his daughter. This would mean that:

a) If something happens to the mother, he can not bring his daughter to Canada to live with him.

b) When his daughter is 18 and might want to stay in Canada for a while, possibly study as it is cheaper than in the US if you are a PR or work for a while, she will not be able to and she may not thank her mother for that in the future.

tala14

Apr 9, 2012
I have a boyfriend, we been through the years... He is now a Canadian Citizen, Divorced in 2004 and we have a 6 years old daughter. He wanted to sponsor us in Canada so last year he went home here in the Philippines and we planned to get married. The problem is... his divorced did not recognize here in the Philippines because he had a previous marriage from her ex-wife that burden us to get married. He went back in Canada...
It’s so hard for me and to our daughter that my boyfriend and her father is far away from us... we only feel that he is with us when we talk and see thru chat in the internet. He tried to find a job here but the salary is not enough from us. He has 2 sons from her ex-wife and living there in Canada.
My question is... can my boyfriend sponsor me as a conjugal partner? Is there a possibility for us to approve from Canadian immigration if we file it as a conjugal sponsorship? Because we don’t want to get deny our applications..
I appreciate your advice...thanks..God bless!!

golden peral

Feb 5, 2012
Hi guys,

It is known that based on study permit of wife work permit of husband can be issued.

please share information if you know following.

1) Application fees?
2) Approximately how much time it takes ?
3) Is it mandatory that married life should have completed one year?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
golden peral said:
Hi guys,

It is known that based on study permit of wife work permit of husband can be issued.

please share information if you know following.

1) Application fees?
2) Approximately how much time it takes ?
3) Is it mandatory that married life should have completed one year?
1) Workpermit costs $150

2) Depends on where you apply. If your husband is visa exempt to Canada, he can bring a copy of your study permit and your marriage certificate as he enters Canada at the border and get his work permit immediately.
If he applies at a Canadian embassy outside Canada, you can see some processing times for work permits here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp
If is in Canada on a visit visa or is visa exempt and wants to apply from inside, it would take 2-3 weeks, see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

3) No.

golden peral

Feb 5, 2012
Leon said:
1) Workpermit costs $150

2) Depends on where you apply. If your husband is visa exempt to Canada, he can bring a copy of your study permit and your marriage certificate as he enters Canada at the border and get his work permit immediately.
If he applies at a Canadian embassy outside Canada, you can see some processing times for work permits here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/workers.asp
If is in Canada on a visit visa or is visa exempt and wants to apply from inside, it would take 2-3 weeks, see here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp

3) No.
Leon,
Thanks a ton

rhenanjay

Jan 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
somethings bothering my mind right now... we have sent our application few days ago, it's under Spousal... According to our Country Specific Instructions (Philippines) I (as the Principal applicant) should send a photocopy of my passport. Now, I was reading a part in the application guide from the website of CIC, it says that a photocopy must be certified... Does it apply to the photocopy of my passport? if it does, oh well, I can send them anyway

Lasiar

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo/Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2011
Doc's Request.
02-22-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Med's Request
medical extension 07-06-12 request sent by VO
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 16-08-12
Leon said:

1. Getting the medicals does not mean he can steal the child if he doesn't have full custody. Immigration is very strict on people having full custody of their children before they would ever issue a PR visa, besides Canada and the US are both a party to an international agreement on child custody so if he were to manage to steal the child to Canada, the Canadian police would hound him down and send the child back.

2. Not getting the medicals means he can never sponsor his daughter. This would mean that:

a) If something happens to the mother, he can not bring his daughter to Canada to live with him.

b) When his daughter is 18 and might want to stay in Canada for a while, possibly study as it is cheaper than in the US if you are a PR or work for a while, she will not be able to and she may not thank her mother for that in the future.
Hi Leon. Yes the ex was told this, in serveral conversations, but she will not change her mind. She does not want her daughter to ever come here. this is all out of spite and nothing else. Its sad really, the child is stuck with the mothers decision. I pray that it would never come to anything happening to her mom, but it is possible, and then what? He will not leave his daughter there with no one.. A happy time in our lives but dampered by this.. Sorta leaves a bitter taste really.

sdizzy

Apr 10, 2012
Dear Leon,

I am Canadian, and I have sponsored my wife for PR in Canada. Her application has been approved, and she has now sent her passport to get the stamp. The only problem is, she is a green card holder, and will be getting US Citizenship, a few months after her PR is approved for her other passport. She has applied as a Sri Lankan Citizen, and it's the Sri Lankan passport that she has sent to get the Permanent Residence Visa Stamp or whatever on it! In a few months, she's getting her US citizenship!

Can she enter Canada with the Sri Lankan passport with Canadian Visa, and then change her Landing record or something? Immediately after getting her US citizenship (she's in the US right now), she plans on landing in Canada...

BTW, we live abroad, so have applied from that country... (Country in Asia)... so they have the passport at the moment...(at the Consulate).

Would really appreciate a reply and some help on this matter! I was told to ask on this board.

God Bless.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sdizzy said:
Can she enter Canada with the Sri Lankan passport with Canadian Visa, and then change her Landing record or something? Immediately after getting her US citizenship (she's in the US right now), she plans on landing in Canada...
She can land on her Sri Lankan passport with her PR visa and her proof of US citizenship, citizenship card, new US passport or whatever and tell them when she lands that she has gained US citizenship and wants to have that registered with immigration as her citizenship.

EagerFever

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-11
AOR Received.
23-02-12
File Transfer...
24-01-12
Med's Done....
23-10-11
Passport Req..
Fingers Crossed
VISA ISSUED...
Fingers Crossed. Toes Crossed.
LANDED..........
Body Crossed in Anticipation :)
Advice / expectation on next steps

Dear All,

I would greatly appreciate some advice on the following timelines / case:

As a brief b/g my timelines are as follows:
- Application was received on Nov 23, 2011
- We received a correspondence of Sponsorship approval on Jan 24 in which they also indicated file was xferred to Buffalo.
- Feb 23 my husband received a correspondence that his file is in Buffalo.
- April 10 my husband received a letter stating:
We have now completed the initial assessment of your application, and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview. While an interview does not appear necessary at this time, we reserve the right to call you to an interview, should this become necessary at some future stage in processing.
Additional documents required: No additional documents are required at this time.
Medical information: We have received the results of your medical examination.

My Qs:
- Is this (latest corresponence) an AOR or In Process (E-Cas still shows application received under his name)
- What happens after?
- When do you think they may send a PPR?
- What happens after a PPR comes in?
- Do they ever reject at a stage when they send a PPR?
- How much time would he have to wrap up?

I would greatly appreciate your advice and support on this.

Warm Regards,
EagerFever

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Leon said:

This is not relevant to my situation but I was wondering about this hypothetically.

Obviously in the situation you address above, the child can never be sponsored to come to Canada as she was never examined under the father's PR application and so did not form part of the family class.

Say, god forbid, something happened to the mother of that child and the father returned to his home country to assume custody of the child. Say, also, that the father had never applied for Canadian citizenship and was therefore subject to the ongoing residency requirements of his PR status. Now I understand he can still fulfil the residency requirements provided his Canadian spouse lives in the home country with him, but if it were the case that she was not living with him and his PR lapsed due to not meeting the residency requirements, he would of course be required to reapply for PR entirely if he should wish to take up residency in Canada again.

If, at that time, he included the child on the new PR application and she was examined, does she then miraculously form part of the family class despite being excluded from it in connection to an earlier application? Or, in other words, does the judgement that a child is excluded from the family class lapse when the associated PR status lapses, or does that judgement remain regardless of the PR status?

Just a thought I was having. I wonder if this has ever been tested through an appeal or similar. I wouldn't like to give anyone false hope but I do wonder if the notion of 'family class' in connection to an individual is tied up to a specific granting of status or if it is kind of 'overarching'?