+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

maverickanwer

Feb 8, 2012
I was asked to submit police clearance and fbi clearance along with my pp on dec 3 2011. Submitted on dec 20 2011 (NEW DELHI). Received a letter feb 3 2012. to submit PCC and fbi clearance. They have put a wrong file number on my pp and sent back to me. :mad: :mad: :mad: I informed them of the same and submitted the copies of the clearances submitted to them along with courier receipt and delivery confirmation. No reply yet..... Please suggest what are my options or what is my next move????????????????????

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
Sharjil said:
There are new spousal sponsorship forms on CIC site forms in July,2011..And I heard whoever filled old spousal sponsorship forms before july,2011 they got to fill up new spousal sponsorship forms which are on CIC site now.

IS IT TRUE,DO ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT IT??
July and prior applicants of Manila Visa Office didn't have problems and got their visas already.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
hello everyone!

These are my questions:

1) ask lang ako regarding sa Quebec Selection Certificate since my sponsor is living in quebec do we need to submit the sponsorship application forms together with the Quebec Selection Certificate?

2) I put a correction liquid (White out) on one of my applications will it be a problem?

thank u in advance!

God bless us all!:)

kelikelloggs

Feb 9, 2012
Please advise if you can...

I have been with my partner, a canadian citizen for twelve years and have two children aged 6 and 4 together. (i am a uk citizen)
we were due to marry last year but due to finance reason it fell through and has been put on hold. my partner has recently moved to canada for work as he was self employed here (uk) and has struggled for work for some time.

our children and i would like to move to canada to be with him but we are unsure if we qualify for the family class sponsorship. my partner can sponsor us (and his dad who is canadian and lives local to him is willing to be a co signer if my partners income fall short etc) and we technically are common-law due to be married but we dont think we have enough proof.

we have lots of photos, possibky emails, letters, holiday tickets, details of frequent trips to canada together etc over the years but we fall short on confirming 'committment'. for the last 5 years the address we are at was under my name only and we have no joint bank accounts etc. we may have credit/debit card receipts for things he has bought for the house but thats it.

although my partner is in canada, i remain in the uk at the moment so the application will be from outside canada, right? is this the best option if i want to be able to travel in and out of canada on a tourist visa while a permanent residency application is being processed?

where do we stand, can anyone help?

kelikelloggs

Feb 9, 2012
in addition to my last post, we also have proof of an intended wedding last year (church booking/receipts, guest rsvp's etc), would this be of use?

sunshine83

Jan 25, 2012
hi

i have a question about , Mississauga processing time ,i am living in Canada as you now i sponsor my spouse
on 6 Jan 2012 it almost one month how long it take time .......

canadiancitizen

Feb 3, 2011
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 10-2011
Doc's Request.
July 8, 2011
Med's Done....
April-26-2011
LANDED..........
10-04-2012
sunshine83 said:
hi

i have a question about , Mississauga processing time ,i am living in Canada as you now i sponsor my spouse
on 6 Jan 2012 it almost one month how long it take time .......
It takes almost 13 months... from the date CIC starts processing your application, right now, they are processing February 2011 applications... be patient.

tim maguire

Jan 5, 2012
NYC, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
AOR Received.
28-12-2011
Med's Done....
12-08-2011
Passport Req..
28-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2012
LANDED..........
11-08-2012
Kelli, your children are entitled to Canadian citizenship and in my daughter's case, that was definitely the way to go. My wife is a Canadian citizen and my daughter's citizenship application was cheaper and quicker than my permanent resident application (which I am still waiting for as a September applicant). I don't know the UK rules on common law marriage, but given the children, the length and whatever documentation, I'd be surprised if you had a problem.

Good luck!

sunshine83

Jan 25, 2012
hi
i sponsor him ... and he working in KS A not in Canada so my question is same and i want to now how long Mississauga take time to approval my case

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
The processing time is listed on the CIC website and updated about once per week. Since you indicated you sent it to CPC-M (outland spousal sponsorship) you don't have to wait the 11 months.

According to the information there the current processing time is:

54 days

(working on applications received on December 14, 2011)
So if you sent your file on 6 January, I'd expect they would start processing it around the end of February.

Once you are approved you will be notified (generally by e-mail.)

Note that for the inland sponsorship (CPC-V) the current information is that they are working on applications received January 21, 2011!

The immigration process is a great way to work on your patience skills.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
kelikelloggs said:
Please advise if you can...

I have been with my partner, a canadian citizen for twelve years and have two children aged 6 and 4 together. (i am a uk citizen)
we were due to marry last year but due to finance reason it fell through and has been put on hold. my partner has recently moved to canada for work as he was self employed here (uk) and has struggled for work for some time.

our children and i would like to move to canada to be with him but we are unsure if we qualify for the family class sponsorship. my partner can sponsor us (and his dad who is canadian and lives local to him is willing to be a co signer if my partners income fall short etc) and we technically are common-law due to be married but we dont think we have enough proof.

we have lots of photos, possibky emails, letters, holiday tickets, details of frequent trips to canada together etc over the years but we fall short on confirming 'committment'. for the last 5 years the address we are at was under my name only and we have no joint bank accounts etc. we may have credit/debit card receipts for things he has bought for the house but thats it.

although my partner is in canada, i remain in the uk at the moment so the application will be from outside canada, right? is this the best option if i want to be able to travel in and out of canada on a tourist visa while a permanent residency application is being processed?

where do we stand, can anyone help?
Apply for Canadian citizenship for the children, they would inherit it from their father. As for relationship with you, would your landlord be willing to sign something confirming that your partner has cohabited with you for the length of the lease? If so, then you have your 12 months minimum cohabitation (and then some!) and qualify to be sponsored as his common-law partner. You've been together for 12 years, I doubt they would think you are "trying out" your relationship at this stage! Don't bother bringing up the plans to marry, by the way, just stick with the fact that you are in fact common-law partners and have been all this time, and show the proofs you have available.

figgy

Star Member
Jan 10, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2012
AOR Received.
24-09-2012
File Transfer...
24-09-2012
Med's Done....
23-06-2012
Passport Req..
10-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2013
LANDED..........
12-01-2013
just wondering what peoples opinions are on this....

what do we do with the forms that are not applicable to us !? still check them off the document list and send them blank? or don't send them at all?

the ones i don't need are:

IMM 5409- declaration of common law (we are common law but have no co-signer)

Additional dependents declaration (we have none)

Use of a Representative x 2 - ( we are not using one)

I was going to just send them blank... but we are told not to leave anything blank, so I am confused.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
figgy said:
just wondering what peoples opinions are on this....

what do we do with the forms that are not applicable to us !? still check them off the document list and send them blank? or don't send them at all?

the ones i don't need are:

IMM 5409- declaration of common law (we are common law but have no co-signer)

Additional dependents declaration (we have none)

Use of a Representative x 2 - ( we are not using one)

I was going to just send them blank... but we are told not to leave anything blank, so I am confused.
Just write N/A on the checklist. They mean don't leave anything blank on the forms that you do fill out, so if a question is not applicable to you, make sure to mark it N/A, don't just leave it blank and leave them to wonder whether you should have answered it but didn't. We did that, and it was fine.

immigratingcanada2011

Star Member
Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2012
File Transfer...
June 2012
Passport Req..
April 2013
Dear friends,

I am in process of finalizing the packet for sponsoring my wife. I had a few basic questions. Your help would be greatly appreciated:

A) Is there a rule that no metals are to be included in the packet? Does that mean I can't staple any of the documents in the packet either?

B) How did you guys structure the application packet that you sent to Missassauga? I am thinking of having 4 portions: 1) Sponsor's forms, 2) Applicant's forms, 3) Required documents e.g. medical, police clearance certificates, birth certificates, educational documents etc and lastly 4) Proofs e.g. pictures, phone bills, e-mails, supplementary credit card, joint back accounts etc. Any tips and tricks / general advice when structuring the packet?

Warm regards,